BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 214682 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Since: Aug 13

Overland Park, KS

#167506 Aug 13, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
You don't have a point, what ever your name is.
Your government has created a giant animosity between itself and law-abiding citizens where little to none existed before.
It will take an act of Congress or a landmark Supreme Court ruling to straighten out the Oval Office.
Nice retort. Not.

The name is I-l-k-w-a-s look it up.

The administration of President Obama was reelected by an overwhelming majority. Overwhelming majority in case you missed it the first time. Just you Teabaggers are up set because you believe the lies that Fox and Lush tell you. You hardly speak for the nation. That's why you've taken to voter suppression and gerrymandering. You have to cheat because the majority of Americans know your ideology is flawed. The house republicans are deliberately hurting the nation and will pay the price in the next election.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#167507 Aug 13, 2013
Ilkwas wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice retort. Not.
The administration of President Obama was reelected by an overwhelming majority. Overwhelming majority in case you missed it the first time. Just you Teabaggers are up set because you believe the lies that Fox and Lush tell you. You hardly speak for the nation. That's why you've taken to voter suppression and gerrymandering. You have to cheat because the majority of Americans know your ideology is flawed. The house republicans are deliberately hurting the nation and will pay the price in the next election.
What a nutjob! Loons from the left, what can one say except, DUMBAZZ!

Since: Aug 13

Overland Park, KS

#167508 Aug 13, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
That is probably the limit of your vocabulary.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

Quezon City, Philippines

#167510 Aug 14, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm, no. It's perfectly clear, Twinkerbell. No doubt or confusion about it! You were called a birther by poops!
Illiterate.

Quezon City, Philippines

#167511 Aug 14, 2013
Ilkwas wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you making my point?
Well that's easy to answer: no.

Try again.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
False choice fallacy.
Now apply it to other crimes.
Remember when you're the victim of a crime that the local police might have prevented if if they were tracking everyone's movements tapping your phone (and of everyone else) all of your life and videotaping every room of your house and your neighbors.
Fox Viewer

Munster, IN

#167512 Aug 14, 2013
Ilkwas wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice retort. Not.
Hmmmmmmmm. While everything you say sounds and feels 100% accurate, nothing you said has been reported by the "jounalists" on Fox News. So how can your words be true?

Should I question the Fox? Can everything they have been saying really just be propagan..........

.....FOX NEWS ALERT.....

We interupt this post to bring you breaking news.

BENGHAZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Quezon City, Philippines

#167513 Aug 14, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, what PROOF do you have that the Gospels of Mark were written AFTER the death of Mark? Someone else's opinion is not proof!
Sorry, I already addressed that foolish presumption.

I cited a scholarly opinion that was based on factual evidence.

There is no absolute proof either way Rougie. All we have is factual evidence that indicates your fantasy is FOS.

Last time I checked, factual evidence trumps wishful thinking. Now see if you can prove that statement wrong.

What part of factual evidence does Rougie not comprehend?
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Rougie, if the cops were ask you to write a statement after you were already dead they would be sorry out of luck.
If they would then ask your daughter to write the statement, it will be hearsay.
They might call it the Book of Rogue but it would not be Rogue who wrote it.
Capisce?

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#167514 Aug 14, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't need to be. The evidence told the story. Not guilty, just as the jury said. Waa Waa Waa.....poor path! psycho
Unlike you and your demented and ultra conservative right-wing fanatics, I accept court rulings. Incidentally, I never pre-judged or post-judged the verdict and never wondered who was guilty or not guilty as, contrary to you and Rogue, I was not there when it happened. Case closed.

Ottawa

#167515 Aug 14, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, what can one say except "President Obama was re-elected by a strong majority".

Now please tell us what you meant by your incessant chanting up to November 06, 2012 of "Can you hear us coming"? I know you've answered many a time and Topix deleted it every time, so send the answer to my REGISTERED box.
Learn to Read

United States

#167516 Aug 14, 2013
Rand Paul says "thanks but no thanks" to the bridge to Birfistan - AGAIN!?!?

Another sad day for Birfoons (seems to be some sort if trend here)

Ottawa

#167517 Aug 14, 2013
Interesting, from Wikipedia :

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Topix.net

Founded
Palo Alto, California (2002)

Headquarters
Palo Alto, California, USA

Website
www.topix.com

Topix.net is a discussion board website. Topix LLC, the controlling company, has its headquarters in Palo Alto, California.[1]

Topix began as a news aggregator which categorizes news stories by topic and geography. It was created by Bryn Dole, Rich Skrenta, Bob Truel, Tom Markson, Mike Markson and Chris Tolles, many of whom founded the Open Directory Project. In March 2005, the Knight Ridder (later taken over by The McClatchy Company), Tribune Company and Gannett media companies purchased a 75% share of the company.[2] On April 1, 2007, it acquired the topix.com domain name and invited volunteers to edit the topics of their choice, on top of over 100 journalists and editors from various newspapers already signed up. Some time in 2012 they took that volunteer edit option away without any communication to the thousands of volunteers.[3]

Topix went on to create a community news editing platform, and popular forum system, allowing users to comment on news articles and the goings on of local communities.[4] Topix also created forums, organized by locality as well as by subject matter, which allow visitors to post comments whether or not they are relevant to a particular news story.

The founders of Topix initially wanted it to be a news aggregator, with specific pages for every community in the United States. As Topix matured, most of its growth occurred in small cities and towns in the United States. The people who commented in the Topix forums wanted to focus the discussions on more traditional small community gossip.[5]

Ottawa

#167518 Aug 14, 2013

User base[edit source]

Topix's main user base consists of posters from small cities and towns in the United States, particularly those with several thousand or hundred residents. Few people from major American cities use Topix. Topix has a large following in Appalachia, rural areas in the Southern United States, and the Ozarks. Discussions that traditionally took place in person in rural areas began to be posted on Topix. Chris Tolles, the chief executive of Topix LLC, said that Topix is very popular in "the feud states."[6]

Controversy[edit source]

Many posters, using anonymous accounts, posted negative gossip about people within small American towns. A. G. Sulzberger of The New York Times said that "The same Web sites created as places for candid talk about local news and politics are also hubs of unsubstantiated gossip, stirring widespread resentment in communities where ties run deep, memories run long and anonymity is something of a novel concept."[6] He added that "Whereas online negativity seems to dissipate naturally in a large city, it often grates like steel wool in a small town where insults are not easily forgotten."[6] Various local governments censured the Topix forums. Many lawsuits resulted from content posted on Topix.[6] When Topix began removing all negative posts, people stopped posting on Topix, so the company stopped removing all negative posts.[5]

On February 3, 2009, Mark and Rhonda Lesher filed a lawsuit against anonymous posters on Topix.com . According to the Leshers' petition, over 1,700 defamatory statements were made about them by anonymous posters, resulting in 2,568 allegations of defamation and libel. Although Topix was not a party to the lawsuit, it was forced to reveal the IP addresses of the posters and the dangers of unmoderated anonymous posting on Topix were brought to light for the first time in the public eye.[citation needed]

Initially Topix charged money to people who requested that Topix take expedited removal of negative posts. After thirty states' attorneys generals protested, Topix stopped charging. Jack Conway, the Kentucky Attorney General, said the charging scheme "smacked of having to pay a fee to get your good name back."[5]

END

So, Topix is also owned by Gannett, not the most liberal of news organisations but respectable nonetheless.

Also of interest is : "Topix has a large following in Appalachia, rural areas in the Southern United States, and the Ozarks". No comment.

Last Wiki paragraph pretty much confirms what I suspected, to wit, that one can have posts deleted, namely, others' and one's own posts. This explains the disappearance of so many embarrassing Nov 06 2012 pre-election posts by slug LRS. The poor birther had them removed himself, probably using one of his numerous monikers.
Therealnews com

Oakdale, NY

#167519 Aug 14, 2013
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn’t exactly call those guys your average run of the mill town hallers even though Tavis Smiley and Cornell West’s criticisms of the president has ventured into the petty. Nader, West and Smiley have never been supporters of Obama and had advanced the notion of a not so serious primary challenge supposedly to raise the level of discourse.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ralph-...
While all may talk a good game none could ever get elected president until the citizenry becomes fully aware that we all are in fact being gamed by both political Party’s.
Of course when a sizable portion of this country fails to grasp the meaning of the word “Certified” how can they be expected to comprehend much of anything else?
Note how Shep Smith focuses on the Uncle Tom and nothing else Nader had to say.(Shep in no way bullied him though) LOL….. And some of Nader’s concerns are being addressed during this term which would have been out of the question under Romney rule.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ibsP6XN2dIoXX
I have intentionally chosen all left of center intellectuals in contrast to all the right of center in Obama's cabinet.

The lines in America are so blurred and distorted that most Americans on the right think Obama is a liberal including most on the left, unfortunately.

I strongly disagree Tavis and West are petty with their critique of Obama.

Nader's words on the night of Obama's election win was prophetic and had vision, and was not second guessing Monday Night Football Quarterbacking, after the fact.

I am in agreement with you that our masses are bamboozled and are gamed.

You hit the nail on the head with Shep Smith. He did what corporate mainstream/rightwing media always does, focus on the Uncle Sam / Uncle Tom and not on what Congress and Wall Street is doing to average Americans.

BTW: General Norman Schwarzkopf said Joe Galloway was his favorite journalist.

Commentary: Propaganda and the media
May 15, 2008 / By Joseph L. Galloway | http://tinyurl.com/kld4ygt
Once upon a time, it was widely believed that one of the greatest sins the U.S. government or its temporary political masters could commit was to turn a propaganda machine loose on the American people.
Congress viewed this so seriously that every appropriations bill passed since 1951 has contained language that says no public money “shall be used for publicity or propaganda purposes within the United States” without the lawmakers' prior approval.
The Bush administration has been caught violating the propaganda ban before, notably in 2005 in the case of radio host Armstrong Williams, who was paid to endorse President Bush’s No Child Left Behind law.
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/galloway/story/372...
Therealnews com

Oakdale, NY

#167520 Aug 14, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Rougie, if the cops were ask you to write a statement after you were already dead they would be sorry out of luck.
If they would then ask your daughter to write the statement, it will be hearsay.
They might call it the Book of Rogue but it would not be Rogue who wrote it.
Capisce?
<quoted text>
To wojar, Jacques, Poppo, Scrutiny and all other agnostic/atheists.

Something to ponder, hypothetically if 4 people witnessed the same car accident and the gist was all the same but with little differences, would that make all 4 people wrong?

The same principle can be applied to the Scriptures.

Everyone sees and remembers things a little differently.

========

WHO REALLY WROTE THE GOSPELS?

http://www.ewtn.com/library/ANSWERS/REALWROT....

Bible

http://www.bible.org/

The Jewish Take on Body, Soul and Resurrection

http://www.chabad.org/multimedia/media_cdo/ai...

The Eucharist as The Lamb's Supper from a talk by Scott Hahn

http://www.ewtn.com/faith/teachings/euchc3.ht...

Since: Oct 09

Moreno Valley, CA

#167521 Aug 14, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys are lucky. I never got that far.
Neither did any of my mother’s brothers, but their IQ’s were through the roof. My mother’s oldest brother had a personal library you had to see to believe. Much of which his super fine “in her day” wife (who probably never read a book in her life) quickly sold and gave away after his demise. She was as nice a person as her looks, but she could give a shit less about a library full of books. She now has a library of trinkets…… LOL
Therealnews com

Oakdale, NY

#167522 Aug 14, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been known for quite some time that most of the gospels were not written by their namesakes but many decades later. Get your head out of the sand.
<quoted text>
That is an Ostrich myth.

I already said that different people wrote the Bible.
Therealnews com

Oakdale, NY

#167523 Aug 14, 2013
<quoted text>
No one does and therein lie the mystery and the myth. Aesop's fables are as well-written and certainly as real. There were (are) dozens of Gospels. One may ask why the well-known four were chosen and why John's does not always resemble the other three.
Oral tradition was the main impetus from Jesus on. Oral tradition, in OUR wired society, gets all crooked and messed up after a couple of years. Imagine what orally transpired before someone started writing the Scriptures!
I agree and even the written word, TV, Radio, etc. etc. etc. in 2013 gets it wrong.

Years ago the world was flat and accepted as fact.

lol

==========

The only thing new in the world is the history you don’t know.
Harry S. Truman
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#167524 Aug 14, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Illiterate.
He called you illiterate too?
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#167525 Aug 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Unlike you and your demented and ultra conservative right-wing fanatics, I accept court rulings. Incidentally, I never pre-judged or post-judged the verdict and never wondered who was guilty or not guilty as, contrary to you and Rogue, I was not there when it happened. Case closed.
Really? I just stated what the jury said and now you're whining! LMAO! BTW, the case has been closed.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#167526 Aug 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes, what can one say except "President Obama was re-elected by a strong majority".
Now please tell us what you meant by your incessant chanting up to November 06, 2012 of "Can you hear us coming"? I know you've answered many a time and Topix deleted it every time, so send the answer to my REGISTERED box.
Well, there's that small problem of voter FRAUD, remember? Topix never deleted my answer. My guess is, you just didn't like what it said. Then again, you hate everything and everyone so, no harm no foul. Message should be there shortly! LMAO! Folks, we have a major ID 10T Error here. Psycho!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min USAsince1680 1,384,460
News More Than 60 People Shot in Chicago 18 min Ihaveadream 4
last post wins! (Dec '10) 36 min They cannot kill ... 2,054
last post wins! (Apr '13) 38 min They cannot kill ... 1,004
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 54 min IB DaMann 59,549
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 1,534
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr GEORGIA 2,458
Observations 3 hr _Annabella_ 44
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages