BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Comments (Page 7,344)

Showing posts 146,861 - 146,880 of174,459
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ruminations of a white house butler has Rogue really fired up this morning, but after all that’s said and done,
“The butler cast his vote for Obama on Tuesday”
LMAO (LRS tm reg'd)

Since: Oct 09

Moreno Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Even Wiktionary can't get it right. You'd have thought they would have checked with Wikipedia.
I was born way up North but I have lived in the South long enough to know that when someone tells you to "take a powder" they assume you have a headache (Maladie de la tête) and you need to take a BC Powder.
BC Powder
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BC_Powder
Wiktionary: take a powder
English[edit]
Verb[edit]
take a powder
(idiomatic, US, colloquial) To leave in a hurry; run away; scram; depart without taking leave or notifying anyone, often with a connotation of avoiding something unpleasant or shirking responsibility.
Well Rogue you’ll find yours is the last entry. LOL
http://www.word-detective.com/2010/06/powder-...

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:

<quoted text>
Oh, how come you never complain about one of your fellow Libtards plagiarizing something?!?

Ooookay. Show me one "libtard" ,(Rogue tm reg'd)not two or three, one "Libtard" (Rogue tm reg'd) plagiarism. Try it. I don't expect a response.

I don't expect a response either to my proving you had deleted a paragraph from the very words you plagiarized. You know something? I don't want to be mean or harsh with you, because I was taught not to kick people when they are down, not to stomp on cadavers, not to mock low I.Q. persons. So I will remain civil, will not call you crude and LSR-type names,(I have used, will use now and then such names as "fool", occasionally "stupid" when you exceed limits, "clueless", you know, so you don't forget who and what you are, names that can be bandied around kids, even) as that would not be nice.

I noticed that your bosom birther buddy, Justice ha ha LRS, queried as to what my race is. Is your racism contagious or what?

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Even Wiktionary can't get it right. You'd have thought they would have checked with Wikipedia.
I was born way up North but I have lived in the South long enough to know that when someone tells you to "take a powder" they assume you have a headache (Maladie de la tête) and you need to take a BC Powder.
BC Powder
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BC_Powder
Wiktionary: take a powder
English[edit]
Verb[edit]
take a powder
(idiomatic, US, colloquial) To leave in a hurry; run away; scram; depart without taking leave or notifying anyone, often with a connotation of avoiding something unpleasant or shirking responsibility.
Poor Rogue. Your French is really non-existent.

So is Wiktionary. Read carefully now :

Maladie de tête is not commonly used except to depict someone who is nuts. And it's not coined "maladie de tête", rather it is colloquially called "malade dans la tête"

A headache is a "mal de tête", not "maladie de la tête".

Sign.

Take a powder is something everyone knows, no need to go on and on.
Democracynow org

Oakdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Please indicate where I ever said I hated Richard Nixon;
Colin Powell is Republican, right? Why don't I hate him?;
Harry Belafonte, I believe, was wrong. Even nice blacks can be wrong, Rogue.
Harry Belafonte is a truth teller in the mold of MLK.

Moreno Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a powder.
My thumper arrived in the mail today Rogue and since you drove big rigs I thought maybe you could give me some tips on how to use it. LOL….. Actually I got it to take along when I walk my pooch.
http://pmburgess.blogspot.com/2007/10/use-onl...

I got this one in (brown) so’s I could stand my ground….. Against other unruly dogs that is.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001JT5CFY/r...
El Nuto

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Democracynow org

Oakdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
But speaking on Larry King's TV show last night, Powell took issue with the comparison. "If Harry had wanted to attack my politics, that's fine," he said. "But to use a slave reference, I think is unfortunate, and is a throwback to another time and place that I wish Harry had thought twice about using."<quoted text>
But I do/ It is you anti-birthers who judge people just because they are Republicans or Democrats. Case in point was Richard Nixon who was a progressive who started the EPA and OSHA, he wanted to start wage and price controls, a NATIONAL HEALTH CARE system and he did start gasoline rationing which only acerbated the oil crisis. And he was as nasty as LBJ and Obama but you hate him simply because he was a Republican and nothing else.
Now, what do you think about Harry Belafonte's not so "classy" initial accusations against Colon Powell? He is a typical Libtard that throws out the race card when ever he can.
Harry Belafonte brands Colin Powell 'a house slave'
http://www.theguardian.com/film/2002/oct/11/n...
1968, Forty Years Later: A Look Back at the Orangeburg Massacre When SC Police Opened Fire on Black Students Protesting Segregation
April 3, 2008 / http://tinyurl.com/ysw9ts
On February 8th, 1968, a crowd of black students gathered on the campus of South Carolina State University to protest segregation at Orangeburg’s only bowling alley. Dozens of police arrived on the scene and the students lit a bonfire on a street in front of the campus. Tensions escalated and police officers opened fire into the crowd. When the shooting stopped, three students were dead and 27 wounded. We speak with the only person convicted of wrongdoing in what became known as the Orangeburg Massacre, Cleveland Sellers.
http://www.democracynow.org/2008/4/3/1968_for...
El Nuto

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Democracynow org

Oakdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Bush Has Highest Disapproval Rating in History of Gallup Poll
Meanwhile, President Bush has set a new record. He now has the highest disapproval rating of any president in the seventy-year history of the Gallup Poll. In the most recent USA TODAY/Gallup Poll, 69 percent of Americans disapproved of Bush’s job performance. The previous record was held by Harry Truman, who had a 67 percent disapproval rate in 1952. Bush also holds the record for having the highest approval rating of any president in Gallup’s history. In September 2001, in the days after the 9/11 attacks, Bush’s approval spiked to 90 percent.
Democracynow org

Oakdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Obama's ex-pastor speaks out about church, sermons
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/04/28/wright...
El Gotcha

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

El Gotcha

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Democracynow org wrote:
Obama's ex-pastor speaks out about church, sermons
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/04/28/wright...
Then why did Obummer Boy throw Rev. Not-so-Wright under the bus?
El Gotcha

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Judged:

Democracynow org wrote:
Bush Has Highest Disapproval Rating in History of Gallup Poll
Meanwhile, President Bush has set a new record. He now has the highest disapproval rating of any president in the seventy-year history of the Gallup Poll. In the most recent USA TODAY/Gallup Poll, 69 percent of Americans disapproved of Bush’s job performance. The previous record was held by Harry Truman, who had a 67 percent disapproval rate in 1952. Bush also holds the record for having the highest approval rating of any president in Gallup’s history. In September 2001, in the days after the 9/11 attacks, Bush’s approval spiked to 90 percent.
George Bush’s birthday present: Higher approval rating than President Obama
Posted at 11:11 pm on July 6, 2013 by Twitchy Staff
President George W. Bush’s 67th birthday passed quietly on Friday, but he did receive his share of well wishes on Twitter, along with one encouraging note from the folks at National Review. Despite continuing to shoulder the blame for just about every failure of the current administration, Bush currently enjoys a higher approval rating than President Obama.
El Gotcha

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
My thumper arrived in the mail today Rogue and since you drove big rigs I thought maybe you could give me some tips on how to use it. LOL….. Actually I got it to take along when I walk my pooch.
http://pmburgess.blogspot.com/2007/10/use-onl...
I got this one in (brown) so’s I could stand my ground….. Against other unruly dogs that is.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001JT5CFY/r...
Then you know that in Kaliphonia truckers can be arrested if their tire thumpers are not in their tool box when they are not checking their tires as they are considered 'deadly weapons', don't you?
Oh, I am sure about the kidnapped girl whose mother and brother were murdered and then burned in the house. Well, where is her dad? Oh, he was in Tennessee wworking because he could not find work in Kaliphonia!!!
El Gotcha

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Please indicate where I ever said I hated Richard Nixon;
Colin Powell is Republican, right? Why don't I hate him?;
Harry Belafonte, I believe, was wrong. Even nice blacks can be wrong, Rogue.
Democracynow org wrote:
<quoted text>
Harry Belafonte is a truth teller in the mold of MLK.
Harry Belafonte is a racist and he is not in the mold of MLK Jr. or Sr. who were both REPUBLICANS!!!

Moreno Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Democracynow org wrote:
<quoted text>
1968, Forty Years Later: A Look Back at the Orangeburg Massacre When SC Police Opened Fire on Black Students Protesting Segregation
On February 8th, 1968, a crowd of black students gathered on the campus of South Carolina State University to protest segregation at Orangeburg’s only bowling alley. Dozens of police arrived on the scene and the students lit a bonfire on a street in front of the campus. Tensions escalated and police officers opened fire into the crowd. When the shooting stopped, three students were dead and 27 wounded. We speak with the only person convicted of wrongdoing in what became known as the Orangeburg Massacre, Cleveland Sellers.
http://www.democracynow.org/2008/4/3/1968_for...
Wow, what a great piece. I recall the incident (tragedy) well, but had never seen this particular program. Thanks much!
El Gotcha

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Black Republican History
http://www.nationalblackrepublicans.com/index...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

(1929-1968)

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was born on January 15, 1929 at his family home in Atlanta, Georgia. King's grandfather was a Baptist preacher, and his father was pastor of Atlanta's Ebenezer Baptist Church. Dr. King earned his own Bachelor of Divinity degree from Crozier Theological Seminary in 1951 and earned his Doctor of Philosophy from Boston University in 1955. As a Baptist Minister, he was an eloquent civil rights movement leader from the mid-1950's until his death by assassination on April 4, 1968 in Memphis, Tennessee where he was there to support striking sanitation workers.

As pastor of a Baptist church in Montgomery, Alabama, Dr. King led a black bus boycott. He and ninety others were arrested and indicted under the provisions of a law making it illegal to conspire to obstruct the operation of a business. Dr. King and several others were found guilty, but appealed their case. A Supreme Court decision in 1956 ended Alabama's segregation laws enacted by Democrats. After this success, Dr. King was made president of the newly established Southern Christian Leadership Conference. Dr. King led the 1963 March on Washington where he delivered his most famous “I Have a Dream” speech. Dr. King became a national hero as he promoted non-violent means to achieve civil rights reform. He was awarded the 1964 Noble Peace Prize for his efforts, and President Ronald Reagan made Dr. King’s birthday a national holiday.

Carter G. Woodson

(1875 - 1950)

"Switch parties if you are not being represented."

These are the words of Dr. Carter Godwin Woodson, distinguished Black author, editor, publisher, and historian. Carter G. Woodson believed that Blacks should know their past in order to participate intelligently in the affairs in our country. He strongly believed that Black history - which others have tried so diligently to erase - is a firm foundation for young Black Americans to build on in order to become productive citizens of our society.

Known as the father of Black history, Dr. Woodson at the peak of the Harlem Renaissance established "Negro History Week" in 1926 during the second week of February to commemorate the birthday of abolitionist and orator Frederick Douglass and President Abraham Lincoln. Woodson sought to create a forum that later became Black History Month. He was also instrumental in the founding of the Association for the Study of Negro Life and History in 1915.

Frederick Douglass

(1817 - 1895)

Frederick Douglass was one of the foremost leaders of the abolitionist movement which fought to end slavery within the United States in the decades prior to the Civil War. He eagerly attended the founding meeting of the republican party in 1854 and campaigned for its nominees.

Mary McLeod Bethune

Condoleezza Rice

Jennifer Carroll

Tim Scott

Clarence Thomas

Michael S. Steele

Michael L. Williams

Alveda C. King

J. Kenneth Blackwell

J.C. Watts Jr

Don King

Jennette B. Bradley

Jackie Robinson

Lynn Swann

Sammy Davis Jr

Edward William Brooke, III

William Thaddeus Coleman, Jr.

Allen West

Herman Cain

Booker T. Washington

A. Philip Randolph

Harriet Tubman

Sojourner Truth

George Washington Carver

Hiram Rhodes Revels

Blanche Bruce

Ida B. Wells

Mary Terrell

Thomas Sowell
El Gotcha

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Judged:

Democracynow org wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.democracynow.org/2008/4/3/1968_for ...
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, what a great piece. I recall the incident (tragedy) well, but had never seen this particular program. Thanks much!
Yep, just peaceful protests. No fire bombs thrown, no rocks throw (rocks are deadly weapons) and no guns were fired at the cops either, etc. And you did not mention the police officer who was inured prior to the police opening fire either. And the only conviction was an activist!!! Yep, you Libtards always ignore the facts.
El Gotcha

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Yep, I remember the riots after the assassination of MLK. My older brother and a few friends went do to the "horse farm" which was on the edge of a place we called "Gum Sprints" which was a black shanty town South of Alexandria, VA. Our school bus use to pick up the kids before stopping to pick us up on our way to school as we knew many of the poor black kids.
Well, there did not seem to be a riot but a few abandoned buildings were on fire and a few of our black friends saw us and joined us sitting on the fence several hundred yards from the burning buildings.
Then a dozen cops wearing blue Army helmets showed up and told us to go home. We did as they told us but none of us were doing anything wrong.
Oh course we teased some of our friends about who set fire to the buildings.
Oh, there is the Mount Vernon Hospital were the open field was back in 1968.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 146,861 - 146,880 of174,459
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

34 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 min edogxxx 97,512
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min Stuart Cudahy 45,764
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min Grey Ghost 1,078,387
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 14 min truth 48,841
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 18 min TRD 67,862
Abby 7-23 21 min edogxxx 1
Amy 7-23 23 min edogxxx 1
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 3:16AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000