BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#166650 Aug 6, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Hummm, although most news papers have been losing value for the past few decades it seems that the Liberal rags are in worse shape than the Conservative ones.
It seems most Conservatives are literate.
Most liberals use a computer to read the news. That's the reason why newspapers are not selling.

Most conservatives are too senile to learn how to use computers or are afraid of them.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#166651 Aug 6, 2013
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is absolutely no reason why the state of Hawaii does not offer the exam in Hawaiian and I think Mr. Anthony will probably win his case.
My guess is that there are not enough qualified Hawaiian speakers at DMV to write the exam in Hawaiian. That's what happens when legislatures enact laws without thinking through the consequences.
Truth Detector

Louisville, KY

#166652 Aug 6, 2013
SMEllen1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is NOTHING more nutty than the "born in Kenya" story.
Correction, believing that a fraudulent birth certificate is proof of a Hawaiian birth, along with 2 newspaper announcements that are NOT direct proof of a Hawaiian birth either, is insane idiocy!

Why do you continue to believe a known fraud and LIAR like Obama?
You are the epitome of nutty!
Yep, I'm SMellen1!

You don't believe Obama when he tells you that he was born a British citizen, and that he was born in Kenya, yet you believe that a fraudulent document proves what you believe to be true???

You are a spectacular example of a SHEEPLE, no wonder I'm SMellen1!
Truth Detector

Louisville, KY

#166653 Aug 6, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny watching a "supposedly" grown man bytch, whine and moan about a TV CHANNEL! LMAO! JUST BECAUSE HE DOESN'T LIKE WHAT THEY SAY! LMAO! Talk about immaturity! Wake up, you nitwits, ObumblerCare is a disaster of a bill. It's very easy to see, that is, if you can see past the end of your nose!
ObamaCare will collapse under it's own weight, if it ever gets funded!
Truth Detector

Louisville, KY

#166655 Aug 6, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered each of your questions and you still manage to bytch, whine and moan! Psycho
But, But, But, you provided answers that he didn't like!
Now you've gone and done it, you have created a gay whiny ManBytch!
Congratulations, Justice.
Truth Detector

Louisville, KY

#166656 Aug 6, 2013
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
Never introduce a health plan of your own Mr. Liars just LYAO at someone else’s. Yes it’s a disaster, a disaster for Republicans when it gets fully implemented and folks begin to see its many benefits.
Why do you think Rethugs are trying so hard to get rid of it? Obviously because anything that helps the masses while giving minute benefit to the rich is a natural disaster as far as Rethugs are concerned.
Is Al Qaeda on the run, or are we closing down shop out of fear, Poopoo stain?
What did the fraud Obama tell us about this?
Oh wait, he is a Muslim who practices taqqiyah.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#166657 Aug 6, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is that there are not enough qualified Hawaiian speakers at DMV to write the exam in Hawaiian. That's what happens when legislatures enact laws without thinking through the consequences.
And as Hawaiian is an official language, they HAVE to administer the test in that language. Funny how defenders of the constitution like Rogue, when it suits them, can just chuck it aside and voice his criticism on someone ascertaining his first constitutional rights. It's what birthers do.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#166658 Aug 6, 2013
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us know when they tie a scandal to the Oval Office Loose.
Remember now accusations don’t count.
Unlike Nixon's staff who turned their back on him, Obama will stay true to him and to hell with America!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#166659 Aug 6, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
And as Hawaiian is an official language, they HAVE to administer the test in that language. Funny how defenders of the constitution like Rogue, when it suits them, can just chuck it aside and voice his criticism on someone ascertaining his first constitutional rights. It's what birthers do.
Why do the "HAVE" to? Everyone who is Hawaiian native also understands English. This guy's name is not an Hawaiian name. He has an European-Christian name and he fully understands English. He is just a typical Libtard that wants to force people to see things his way.
I Quebec, are they bilingual? Both English and French are the official languages until you go to Quebec, then you must speak French.
I met a guy you open a print shop in Quebec. His sign was in both French and English but they demanded he remove the English from his sign. When he refused, they removed his sign. Oh, he was right next door to a Chinese restaurant which had Chinese in their sign but that was okay, but not English!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#166660 Aug 6, 2013
I am a descendant of Ozanie Joseph Nadeau and Marguerite Abraham. Joseph was an indentured servant from 1657 until 1662 when he was given 100 lbs of money and a 5 ache farm on the Île d'Orléans and was allowed to marry. He married Marguerite and they had three sons and so there are over 100,000 Nadeau's in North America.
In 2000 I drove to Quebec City and checked into a hotel. The next day I tried to hire a taxi to take me to the Île d'Orléans in an attempt to find out wear the farm was and no one would talk to me. The next day I faked a German speaking English and I had not trouble getting a taxi. The Quebecois hate English!!!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#166661 Aug 6, 2013
I brought this up a few days ago. Turboprop aircraft are slower than jets but they are more fuel efficient. Sense the cost of fuel is high, people are buying more turboprop aircraft and fewer jets.
Piston aircraft are steady.
Economics 101

General aviation deliveries pick up despite biz jet lag / Aug 5, 2013

Daniel McCoy
Reporter-
Wichita Business Journal

Deliveries of general aviation aircraft worldwide increased in the first half of 2013, up 8.9 percent to 1,014, from 931 in the first half last year.
However, according to a report from the General Aviation Manufacturers Association, deliveries of business jets dropped from 295 to 283 in the same period.
The delivery numbers were buoyed by a 70.6 percent increase in the sale of multiengine turboprops, to 58.
Deliveries of piston aircraft rose 16.1 percent to 455, and single-engine turboprops increased 3.8 percent to 218.
Total billings for all models rose 26.4 percent to $10.4 billion year over year.
GAMA says it's the first time since 2008 that industry revenues have exceeded $10 billion for the first six months of a year.

http://www.bizjournals.com/wichita/news/2013/...
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#166662 Aug 6, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>I don't care what you want or think. This bill is Unconstitutional. Plain and simple. And yes, the SC was wrong! No one is fooling themselves, but many of you are being fooled! Wake up Mr. Clueless.
A Birfoon fantasizing that he knows more about the Constitution and rule if law than CJ Roberts. Will the surprises never end?

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#166663 Aug 6, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do the "HAVE" to? Everyone who is Hawaiian native also understands English. This guy's name is not an Hawaiian name. He has an European-Christian name and he fully understands English. He is just a typical Libtard that wants to force people to see things his way.
I Quebec, are they bilingual? Both English and French are the official languages until you go to Quebec, then you must speak French.
I met a guy you open a print shop in Quebec. His sign was in both French and English but they demanded he remove the English from his sign. When he refused, they removed his sign. Oh, he was right next door to a Chinese restaurant which had Chinese in their sign but that was okay, but not English!
Is it possible, Rogue, that you could write the above 125 odd words and be wrong, off, on every single one of them?

Let me show you :

1. It does not matter what the guy's origin is, Hawaiian is the official language of Hawaii, it's enshrined in the Hawaiian Constitution I presume and comes under the federal bill of rights. He has every right to an Hawaiian-language test, even if he speaks perfect English. You don't abuse someone's rights just because he knows something. With you and birthers the constitution and/or the rule of law are but rags that you interpret any way you like it;

2. You make pronouncements on French-English language rights in Canada with me present here on Topix? Are you nuts? ALL signs can be bilingual in Québec so long as the French text is twice as large as the English one. This may seem silly, but in fact, it's not, as Québec, unlike Louisiana, WANTS to keep French language and culture alive and that, based on "la loi 101", is fully appropriate. That person did NOT have to remove his sign if it was properly crafted according to Québec language law. For your information, Rogue, I am perfectly bilingual, plus 2 , and when I deal with the federal AND my Ontario provincial gov't AND the city of Ottawa, they damn well better deal in French with me. And they do 90% of the time. The other 10%, I don't make a fuss, but I politely and respectfully ask for someone who can. Most Québécois have a good understanding of English by the way. And because I speak some sort of "snobbish" French and don't use slang or "franglais", the Québécois will answer me in English, lol.

Now tell me, rogue, all these bad experiences and harsh treatment in Québec, how often have you been there?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#166664 Aug 6, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it possible, Rogue, that you could write the above 125 odd words and be wrong, off, on every single one of them?
Let me show you :
1. It does not matter what the guy's origin is, Hawaiian is the official language of Hawaii, it's enshrined in the Hawaiian Constitution I presume and comes under the federal bill of rights. He has every right to an Hawaiian-language test, even if he speaks perfect English. You don't abuse someone's rights just because he knows something. With you and birthers the constitution and/or the rule of law are but rags that you interpret any way you like it;
2. You make pronouncements on French-English language rights in Canada with me present here on Topix? Are you nuts? ALL signs can be bilingual in Québec so long as the French text is twice as large as the English one. This may seem silly, but in fact, it's not, as Québec, unlike Louisiana, WANTS to keep French language and culture alive and that, based on "la loi 101", is fully appropriate. That person did NOT have to remove his sign if it was properly crafted according to Québec language law. For your information, Rogue, I am perfectly bilingual, plus 2 , and when I deal with the federal AND my Ontario provincial gov't AND the city of Ottawa, they damn well better deal in French with me. And they do 90% of the time. The other 10%, I don't make a fuss, but I politely and respectfully ask for someone who can. Most Québécois have a good understanding of English by the way. And because I speak some sort of "snobbish" French and don't use slang or "franglais", the Québécois will answer me in English, lol.
Now tell me, rogue, all these bad experiences and harsh treatment in Québec, how often have you been there?
Why does the French have to be twice the size of the English if both languages are recognized in Canada? What a hypocrite you Libtards are and you are two stupid to no it.
Oh, I have been to Quebec only once and that was my last time. They are ruder than the Parisians are!

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#166665 Aug 6, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
I am a descendant of Ozanie Joseph Nadeau and Marguerite Abraham. Joseph was an indentured servant from 1657 until 1662 when he was given 100 lbs of money and a 5 ache farm on the Île d'Orléans and was allowed to marry. He married Marguerite and they had three sons and so there are over 100,000 Nadeau's in North America.
In 2000 I drove to Quebec City and checked into a hotel. The next day I tried to hire a taxi to take me to the Île d'Orléans in an attempt to find out wear the farm was and no one would talk to me. The next day I faked a German speaking English and I had not trouble getting a taxi. The Quebecois hate English!!!
Either you made that one up or it was the exception that proved the rule.

I was in Québec city in May, and twice last year. It was strange as in restaurants and public places, almost all one could hear through the din of conversation was English, so touristy Québec city is. And strange, as in Mont Tremblant last month, not a single complaint about too much French or too little English, or of arrogance.

You've been how often again?

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#166666 Aug 6, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does the French have to be twice the size of the English if both languages are recognized in Canada? What a hypocrite you Libtards are and you are two stupid to no it.
Oh, I have been to Quebec only once and that was my last time. They are ruder than the Parisians are!
I explained that first sentence of yours. Re-read the explanation. And I will add that the province of Québec has unique and special language charter rights under the constitution. And even though I am not Québécois, I agree with them.

So you've been once and that paints it for every one of the 8 million Québécois , and forever at that?'Nuff said.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#166667 Aug 6, 2013
Well it looks like Jimmy Buffets old brother Warren's company is doing well. Warren ownes the world largest jet air taxi company in the world.
Yep, Warren is just another Limousine Liberal!!!

New planes, reduced competition help NetJets’ earnings By Steve Wartenberg
The Columbus Dispatch Tuesday August 6, 2013 2:19 AM

The second-quarter earnings news from the company led by billionaire Warren Buffett shows that, in the first six months of this year, NetJets “experienced increased sales of fractional aircraft shares and its earnings increased primarily due to improved flight-operations margins, fractional-sales margins and reduced net financing costs.”Observers say the new planes being added to its fleet and diminished competition in its industry have helped.

The company is in the early stages of a fleet upgrade that is expected to include the purchase of 670 aircraft for$17.6 billion over 10 years.

CEO Jordan Hansell was not available for comment yesterday.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/busin...

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#166668 Aug 6, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does the French have to be twice the size of the English if both languages are recognized in Canada? What a hypocrite you Libtards are and you are two stupid to no it.
Oh, I have been to Quebec only once and that was my last time. They are ruder than the Parisians are!
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
I explained that first sentence of yours. Re-read the explanation. And I will add that the province of Québec has unique and special language charter rights under the constitution. And even though I am not Québécois, I agree with them.
So you've been once and that paints it for every one of the 8 million Québécois , and forever at that?'Nuff said.
Yep, Libtards always want exception for their special need! Tell us why they need to have French twice the size of the English? Are they all near sighted? No, they HATE English people.
Don't forget, I am half-Canadian heritage!!!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#166669 Aug 6, 2013
Here is another group of Libtards. Hey guys, it is an Aircraft Carrier, not a "flat-top destroyer"!!!
Sure it is to small for conventional jet fighter planes to operate off of but it is the size of WWII AIRCRAFT CARRIERS!!!
Liberals think if they call it something different, it will become what they call it. Like the Affordable Care Act which is anything but affordable!!!

Japan unveils largest warship since World War II
Eric Talmadge, Associated Press 6 hours ago

YOKOHAMA, Japan (AP)-- Japan on Tuesday unveiled its biggest warship since World War II, a huge flat-top destroyer that has raised eyebrows in China and elsewhere because it bears a strong resemblance to a conventional aircraft carrier.

The ship, which has a flight deck that is nearly 250 meters (820 feet) long, is designed to carry up to 14 helicopters. Japanese officials say it will be used in national defense — particularly in anti-submarine warfare and border-area surveillance missions — and to bolster the nation's ability to transport personnel and supplies in response to large-scale natural disasters, like the devastating earthquake and tsunami in 2011.

Though the ship — dubbed "Izumo" — has been in the works since 2009, its unveiling comes as Japan and China are locked in a dispute over several small islands located between southern Japan and Taiwan. For months, ships from both countries have been conducting patrols around the isles, called the Senkaku in Japan and the Diaoyutai in China.

http://news.yahoo.com/japan-unveils-largest-w...

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#166670 Aug 6, 2013
Here is a picture of Japan's other, small, helicopter "destroyer" next to an American USS Geo. Washington class carrier.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:US_Navy_091... (CVN_73)_and_the_Japan_Maritim e_Self-Defense_Force_helicopte r_destroyer_JS_Hyuga_(DDH_181) _transit_the_Pacific_Ocean.jpg

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min fetch almighty 1,126,710
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min Year 47,497
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 18 min Go Blue Forever 23
Rattlesnake Logic 51 min little boy blue 20
Amy 10-24 1 hr edogxxx 2
Abby 10-24 1 hr edogxxx 2
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 70,100
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]