BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#166632 Aug 6, 2013
GP org wrote:
<quoted text>
There have been some Black Senators before Obama.
Carol Mosely Braun and the one Barbara Walters dated back in the day Edward Brooke.
In 2008 a Black Man won in 9 Bush Republican Red States. Florida, North Carolina, Virginia, Iowa, Indiana, Colorado, New Hampshire, Nevada, Ohio, and New Mexico.
Obama had a Democratic House and Senate.
Most of the whole country and most of the whole world were against Bush Republican Neo-Conservatives and Wall Street.
Truth be told Obama did not have to comprise with anyone.
He received the most small donations from average Americans than any other president before him.
He even beat the powerful and very connected Hillary Clinton.
Not one Republican voted with him and he passed a Republican health care plan with all Democrats.
As for the Russian Bear we never ended the cold war, not really.
I agree with all rest you stated.
==========
8 Ways Privatization Has Failed America
August 5, 2013 / http://tinyurl.com/mfob39k
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2013/08/05
You do know that Barack H. Obama JUNIOR is only half-black, don't you? The last I knew his mother was WHITE as a sheet!

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#166633 Aug 6, 2013
Jacques,
After learning of scandal after scandal eminating from the Oval Office, many supporters of Barack Obama now are experiencing buyer's remorse.
And being the astute information hound that I am, I support Edward Snowden to the fullest extent.
I want to know everything there possibly is to know.
There will be no more secrets kept by the merry band of theives in Washington DC.
loose

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#166634 Aug 6, 2013
Jacques,
The countdown continues....
8 days to go until the King of Crime, Jesse Jackson Jr. is sentenced to prison for plundering his campaign war chest of hundreds of thousands of dollars for personal use.
It will be a glorious day, August 14th, in many more ways than one. The least of whioch will be the sendoff of Jackson to the federal peneteniary.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#166635 Aug 6, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Hummm, although most news papers have been losing value for the past few decades it seems that the Liberal rags are in worse shape than the Conservative ones.
It seems most Conservatives are literate.
THE MEDIA EQUATION
The Washington Post Reaches the End of the Graham Era By DAVID CARR: August 5, 2013
In late 2012, Donald E. Graham, the chairman and chief executive of The Washington Post Company, met with the paper’s publisher, Katharine Weymouth, to look at the paper’s future for the next three years. Their assessment troubled them.
We knew we could survive, but we always felt that our ownership should do more than help the paper survive,” Mr. Graham said in an interview Monday evening.
With the agreement of the board, the company retained Allen & Company and had an initial round of discussions with six potential buyers. Then in July, at Allen’s annual Sun Valley conference, Mr. Graham met with one of them, Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon.com . Mr. Graham liked what he heard.
So after 80 years of control and editorial leadership by the Graham family, The Post began to change ownership Monday, when Mr. Bezos agreed to buy it for $250 million.
The sale, when it is completed, will end the special relationship the paper has had with the nation’s capital. Washington has been through all manner of tumult and change in the last eight decades, with years of racial strife, the resignation of a president, a terrorist attack on the Pentagon and the evaporation of a bipartisan political process.
But through it all, The Washington Post has been a source of both constancy and coverage, a center of gravity and a force in the civic, social and cultural life of a city where many others came and went.
“It is a very big Washington moment,” said David Gergen, who was involved in four presidential administrations.
“When Kay Graham had you to her house, it was a command performance,” Mr. Gergen added, referring to Mr. Graham’s mother, the paper’s leader for more than two decades.“It was one of the last places where people with very different agendas would set down their weapons and come to talk. That has been disappearing for a long time, but symbolically, this brings an end to that era.”
To many, the Washington that the newspaper once guided from family dinners and select Georgetown salons disappeared long before the sale. The rise of the Web site Politico — built by people trained and nurtured at The Washington Post — and other insurgents foretold a change in the order of things. The days when people snapped open the daily paper to find out the things they should care about were long past, replaced by a cacophony of information sources, many of them far more driven by ideology than The Washington Post.
Wrong and wrong again, Rogue. It's called the dumbing down of the population. Rags like the National Enquirer outsell the Washington Post by a mile. People magazine outsells Vanity Fair by 100 miles. Newsweek, one of the most literate, is gone except online. Fox is the most popular news channel. If that is not worrisome, then nothing is.

The cream of the cream, the Washington Post, along with the New York Times, Le Monde and the Herald Tribune are all in financial straits as people no longer read or if they do, they read trash. Same for TV, the lower the common denominator, the more it's watched.

As a matter of fact, and had you read Carr's article, you would not have reproduced it for it says exactly what I just wrote. Quality is out, gormless trash in great quantities is in and we the people love it.

Ottawa

#166636 Aug 6, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
The countdown continues....
8 days to go until the King of Crime, Jesse Jackson Jr. is sentenced to prison for plundering his campaign war chest of hundreds of thousands of dollars for personal use.
It will be a glorious day, August 14th, in many more ways than one. The least of whioch will be the sendoff of Jackson to the federal peneteniary.
Could I care less? if the guy's a crook, let him pay, Jackson's son or not, democrat or whatever.

Ottawa

#166637 Aug 6, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that Barack H. Obama JUNIOR is only half-black, don't you? The last I knew his mother was WHITE as a sheet!
Rogue's main preoccupations (obsessions?)

1. Race

2. Guns, guns and more guns

3. Bill Clinton's appendage

Since: Oct 09

Moreno Valley, CA

#166638 Aug 6, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
The right was left out (actually, locked out) of the secret meetings behind closed doors, remember? You know, those middle of the night meetings? Of course you do. And surely you remember Queen Peloofa saying, "we'll all just have to wait and open it together to find out what's in it"? Right? What a joke! You call these people leaders? Brainless to say the least and you suck it up, gallons at a time.
Stop trying to fool yourself Mr. Liars. Obamacare is the Republican health care plan. Or at least the one they proposed in opposition to Clinton’s. That they were full of shit then is obvious and now even more so that they have no alternative plan.

As far as Rethugs are concerned the Insurance companies can continue to build skyscrapers with your premiums while closing you out the minute you get sick and you apparently think that’s the way it should be. Well, I don’t.

Ottawa

#166639 Aug 6, 2013
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing I remember about S. I. Hayakawa is he was a funny looking little old man who wore a silly tam and was too senile when he ran for the California senate. Californians thought he was cute and voted him into office anyway where he commenced to sleep throughout his tenure. LOL
Surely you must be thinking of Daniel Inouye.
No, no, Inouye was a hero of mine. Hayakawa, if memory serves me right, was a world-renowned semanticist who, I believe, and throughout his career pushed for California to adopt English as its official language. The only reason he ran for the State legislature was to push a bill to so enact English as the sole official language of California. And it worked, I believe, it passed.

The above's from memory as I'm too lazy to look it up but I'm fairly certain I got it right.

Ottawa

#166640 Aug 6, 2013
P.S. : Yes, you are correct, he did doze off many times during debates. Age, I guess.

Moreno Valley, CA

#166641 Aug 6, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
After learning of scandal after scandal eminating from the Oval Office, many supporters of Barack Obama now are experiencing buyer's remorse.
And being the astute information hound that I am, I support Edward Snowden to the fullest extent.
I want to know everything there possibly is to know.
There will be no more secrets kept by the merry band of theives in Washington DC.
loose
Let us know when they tie a scandal to the Oval Office Loose.

Remember now accusations don’t count.

Moreno Valley, CA

#166642 Aug 6, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no, Inouye was a hero of mine. Hayakawa, if memory serves me right, was a world-renowned semanticist who, I believe, and throughout his career pushed for California to adopt English as its official language. The only reason he ran for the State legislature was to push a bill to so enact English as the sole official language of California. And it worked, I believe, it passed.
The above's from memory as I'm too lazy to look it up but I'm fairly certain I got it right.
Hayakawa’s accolades are undeniable, but by the time he ran for California senate his best days were behind him. I’m telling you this dude was truly comical. And yeah, I believe he was one of those English only enthusiasts.

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#166643 Aug 6, 2013
Jacques,
When it comes to Barack Obama, you are much, much too passive for an intelligent person such as yourself.
loose
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#166644 Aug 6, 2013
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop trying to fool yourself Mr. Liars. Obamacare is the Republican health care plan. Or at least the one they proposed in opposition to Clinton’s. That they were full of shit then is obvious and now even more so that they have no alternative plan.
As far as Rethugs are concerned the Insurance companies can continue to build skyscrapers with your premiums while closing you out the minute you get sick and you apparently think that’s the way it should be. Well, I don’t.
I don't care what you want or think. This bill is Unconstitutional. Plain and simple. And yes, the SC was wrong! No one is fooling themselves, but many of you are being fooled! Wake up Mr. Clueless.

Moreno Valley, CA

#166645 Aug 6, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Could I care less? if the guy's a crook, let him pay, Jackson's son or not, democrat or whatever.
Amen to that! He of all people should have known better.

Since: Aug 13

Kansas City, MO

#166646 Aug 6, 2013
GP org wrote:
<quoted text>
There have been some Black Senators before Obama.
Carol Mosely Braun and the one Barbara Walters dated back in the day Edward Brooke.
In 2008 a Black Man won in 9 Bush Republican Red States. Florida, North Carolina, Virginia, Iowa, Indiana, Colorado, New Hampshire, Nevada, Ohio, and New Mexico.
Obama had a Democratic House and Senate.
Most of the whole country and most of the whole world were against Bush Republican Neo-Conservatives and Wall Street.
Truth be told Obama did not have to comprise with anyone.
He received the most small donations from average Americans than any other president before him.
He even beat the powerful and very connected Hillary Clinton.
Not one Republican voted with him and he passed a Republican health care plan with all Democrats.
As for the Russian Bear we never ended the cold war, not really.
I agree with all rest you stated.
==========
8 Ways Privatization Has Failed America
August 5, 2013 / http://tinyurl.com/mfob39k
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2013/08/05
You are wrong. President Obama did not have a full majority in the senate. Al Franken was held up in a recount and was not seated until July of 2009 and Sen. Ted Kennedy died in August of 2009.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#166647 Aug 6, 2013
Did you know about a third of all truck crashes, the driver is DRUNK?
No, not the truck driver but the driver of the car that caused the accident like this one!!!

Boston Globe Truck Crash - MassDOT CCV footage

Truck driver injured in early morning I-93 crash; truck fell from highway to Leverett Circle ramp
A Boston Globe delivery truck driver was injured after his truck was hit by an allegedly intoxicated driver on Interstate 93 early this morning, sending the truck over a guardrail onto an exit ramp nearly 40 feet below, authorities said.

The crash was reported at 3:13 a.m. this morning near Leverett Circle. The truck was traveling north on Interstate 93 when it was struck and pushed over the guardrail, landing on the Exit 26 ramp going south, State Police said.

The driver, 35-year-old Paul Healy Jr. of Brockton, was taken to Massachusetts General Hospital with injuries that were not considered life-threatening, State Police said.

The truck was hit by a 2006 Cadillac sedan. The driver of the Cadillac, Vivencia Bellegarde was arrested for operating under the influence of alcohol, negligent operation of a motor vehicle, and marked lane violations, State Police said.

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013/08/05/tr...

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#166649 Aug 6, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Close tinkerbell but not quite. Only ignorant fools could EVER write such an unconstitutional piece of garbage. That would be the DIM party! Bunch of fools!
Last time I checked the law passed constitutional muster. Mr. Play Justice is the ignorant fool. Play Law doesn't count.

RationalState

#166650 Aug 6, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Hummm, although most news papers have been losing value for the past few decades it seems that the Liberal rags are in worse shape than the Conservative ones.
It seems most Conservatives are literate.
Most liberals use a computer to read the news. That's the reason why newspapers are not selling.

Most conservatives are too senile to learn how to use computers or are afraid of them.

RationalState

#166651 Aug 6, 2013
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is absolutely no reason why the state of Hawaii does not offer the exam in Hawaiian and I think Mr. Anthony will probably win his case.
My guess is that there are not enough qualified Hawaiian speakers at DMV to write the exam in Hawaiian. That's what happens when legislatures enact laws without thinking through the consequences.
Truth Detector

Louisville, KY

#166652 Aug 6, 2013
SMEllen1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is NOTHING more nutty than the "born in Kenya" story.
Correction, believing that a fraudulent birth certificate is proof of a Hawaiian birth, along with 2 newspaper announcements that are NOT direct proof of a Hawaiian birth either, is insane idiocy!

Why do you continue to believe a known fraud and LIAR like Obama?
You are the epitome of nutty!
Yep, I'm SMellen1!

You don't believe Obama when he tells you that he was born a British citizen, and that he was born in Kenya, yet you believe that a fraudulent document proves what you believe to be true???

You are a spectacular example of a SHEEPLE, no wonder I'm SMellen1!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min sonicfilter 1,144,018
My true thoughts about this song. 47 min dumbwhore 2
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr DonPanic 48,584
EverGreen Belgrade 3 hr aqif blyta 11
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 4 hr Swedenforever 54,527
Aldi's is the Worst Supermarket Chain (Jun '12) 5 hr Jamie 330
Boycott all Topix Sponsors 5 hr Jamie 5
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:15 pm PST