Is it possible, Rogue, that you could write the above 125 odd words and be wrong, off, on every single one of them?<quoted text>
Why do the "HAVE" to? Everyone who is Hawaiian native also understands English. This guy's name is not an Hawaiian name. He has an European-Christian name and he fully understands English. He is just a typical Libtard that wants to force people to see things his way.
I Quebec, are they bilingual? Both English and French are the official languages until you go to Quebec, then you must speak French.
I met a guy you open a print shop in Quebec. His sign was in both French and English but they demanded he remove the English from his sign. When he refused, they removed his sign. Oh, he was right next door to a Chinese restaurant which had Chinese in their sign but that was okay, but not English!
Let me show you :
1. It does not matter what the guy's origin is, Hawaiian is the official language of Hawaii, it's enshrined in the Hawaiian Constitution I presume and comes under the federal bill of rights. He has every right to an Hawaiian-language test, even if he speaks perfect English. You don't abuse someone's rights just because he knows something. With you and birthers the constitution and/or the rule of law are but rags that you interpret any way you like it;
2. You make pronouncements on French-English language rights in Canada with me present here on Topix? Are you nuts? ALL signs can be bilingual in Québec so long as the French text is twice as large as the English one. This may seem silly, but in fact, it's not, as Québec, unlike Louisiana, WANTS to keep French language and culture alive and that, based on "la loi 101", is fully appropriate. That person did NOT have to remove his sign if it was properly crafted according to Québec language law. For your information, Rogue, I am perfectly bilingual, plus 2 , and when I deal with the federal AND my Ontario provincial gov't AND the city of Ottawa, they damn well better deal in French with me. And they do 90% of the time. The other 10%, I don't make a fuss, but I politely and respectfully ask for someone who can. Most Québécois have a good understanding of English by the way. And because I speak some sort of "snobbish" French and don't use slang or "franglais", the Québécois will answer me in English, lol.
Now tell me, rogue, all these bad experiences and harsh treatment in Québec, how often have you been there?