BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Comments (Page 7,305)

Showing posts 146,081 - 146,100 of174,495
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Learn to Read

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

wojar wrote:
Federal Express is apparently not private sector because they don't "make things"?(They only deliver things.)

What a riot.
Are prisons private sector since the prisoners make license plates?
El Gato

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

El Gotcha wrote:
47% of the peoples left in Detroit are functionally illiterate!
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Surprise, surprise, Rogue, it's not just Detroit. I would not be surprised if that 47% pretty much applied to the whole USA and Canada. And Europe, more and more, is fast catching up. Or is that catching down?
Hummm, according to Wiki, the follow are functionally illiterate.
The U.S. 20%
The U.K. is 21.8%
Canada 14.6%
Ireland 22.8%
Mexico 43.2%
Italy 47%(OMG)
Sweden 7.5%!!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Functional_illit...
El Gato

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Links with poverty and crime[edit]

In developed countries, the level of functional literacy of an individual is proportional to income level and risk of committing crime. For example, according to the National Center for Educational Statistics in the United States:[3]

Over 60% of adults in the US prison system read at or below the fourth grade level
85% of US juvenile inmates are functionally illiterate
43% of adults at the lowest level of literacy lived below the poverty line, as opposed to 4% of those with the highest levels of literacy.
According to begintoread.com :[4]

Two-thirds of students who cannot read proficiently by the fourth grade will end up in jail or on welfare.
Three out of four individuals who receive food stamps read on the two lowest levels of literacy.
16-to-19-year-old girls at the poverty line and below with below-average reading skills are 6 times more likely to have out-of-wedlock children than their more literate counterparts
El Gato

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
And when a private physician makes a diagnosis, that's not a business of "making" something but it is private sector just as private sector as an attorney "making" a will.
When a patent attorney secures a patent for an inventor the property right does not exist? Unless a material thing is fabricated it's not private sector work?
What about a physical therapist? What they do is not real or private sector because they don't "make" things?
No, but private sector physicians are better doctor as if they don't keep their customers happy, they lose their patients. Most military doctors are the exact opposite.
Sure a few military doctors join out of true patriotism but most are the bottom of their classes and need a job, any job, to pay off their student loans. The same goes for JAG officers.
El Gato

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Are prisons private sector since the prisoners make license plates?
In 1997 I bought my first big truck and got a 30 permit which was printed on paper and taped to my windshield which meant every DOT scale I went over, I got pulled over for a records check.
At the end of the moth they gave me a 90 day extension citing a shortage of "material" to make the plates.
Damn, for four months I was being pulled in twice a day to explain it to DOT officers.
Oh, my first truck was a 1998 Freightliner Century in ruby-red pearl with a little metal-fake. I had just enough extra chrome to make it really sharp. I had more than a few DOT officers comment on my truck.
Oh, I had my decals in silver as opposed to black or white which the vast majority of other truck had. I could have gotten my decals in chrome too but at three times the cost.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Barrière de la langue? Laquelle? Vous aimeriez échanger dans une langue autre que l'anglais, Apprendre àécrire? Bien volontiers. Oh, c'est vrai,être polyglotte = communiste en ce qui concerne les Conservateurs d'Extrême Droite. BDR (LRS toutes marques deposées).
Possiamo provare anche in Italiano, signore.
Corr : "Learn to read" is "Apprendre à lire", not "écrire". My bad.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga - The Lady Is a Tramp
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Great stuff. Better than any darn politician, whatever party.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

El Gato wrote:
El Gotcha wrote:
47% of the peoples left in Detroit are functionally illiterate!
<quoted text>
Hummm, according to Wiki, the follow are functionally illiterate.
The U.S. 20%
The U.K. is 21.8%
Canada 14.6%
Ireland 22.8%
Mexico 43.2%
Italy 47%(OMG)
Sweden 7.5%!!!!
Just my humble opinion, but I think those countries' statisticians and Wikipedia are very charitable. We may be second, but I don't believe it. And in Italy, it's the south of Rome (Mezzogiorno) that drags down the whole country. Mafia is not keen on education of the masses, and as they control pretty much all of the south...
El Gato

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

I also had extra aluminum to lighten it up. Things you don't see like the air tanks and my rear axle carriers. Not only were they lighter, they did not rust out. Steel air tanks often do not last five years over the road before they rust out and have to be replaced..
My truck was also one of the first with a Hendricks air-ride front suspension which I got for FREE and saved another 90 lbs.
They had just come out with it but no one was buying. I looked at the price and turned it down and that was when the Freghtliner plant offered it to me for free. Boy she rode like a Caddilac but it did not tolerate worn tires very well so I averaged on 100K miles between front tire changes.
Anyway, my truck was a thousand pounds lighter than the company trucks so I could fill up my twin-150 gallon tanks and go 1,400 miles between fill ups. That way I could choose to by fuel in cheaper $tate$.
I could also, with just 200 gallons, scale out up to about 47,000 pounds of freight while others would have to cut fuel to get just 46,000 lbs in the box.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

El Gato wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but private sector physicians are better doctor as if they don't keep their customers happy, they lose their patients. Most military doctors are the exact opposite.
Sure a few military doctors join out of true patriotism but most are the bottom of their classes and need a job, any job, to pay off their student loans. The same goes for JAG officers.
Strange, Rogue, as my family and I have often been looked after by military doctors , and they were top notch. And how well they adapted to difficult conditions, and how generous they were with their time, treating so many poor patients for free at night and weekends.
El Gato

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga - The Lady Is a Tramp
http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
<quoted text>
Great stuff. Better than any darn politician, whatever party.
I'm not a jazz fan but I would rather listen to stuff like this than Blue Grass Country or Hip Hop Ghettoese!
Oh, I guess Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett Recorded a Jazz Album this past June.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/lady-g...
Follow us:@rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook
El Gato

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Tony Bennett & Amy Winehouse - Body and Soul

Duets II (Tony Bennett album)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duets_II_ (Tony_Bennett_album)
El Gato

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Tony Bennett & Christina Aguilera Steppin' Out With My Baby

Tony Bennett & Faith Hill - The Way You Look Tonight
El Gato

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Oh, I met the Swamp Boyz at the Waffle House in Baldwin, FL about two years ago. It was about three am and they were heading home from a gig. Still not my kind of moosik.

Swamp Boyz - Shop wit me
El Gato

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Now watch me get a nasty note from Topix.

SWAMP BOYZ , FLY GOONS STREET LIFE
El Gato

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

<quoted text>
Strange, Rogue, as my family and I have often been looked after by military doctors , and they were top notch. And how well they adapted to difficult conditions, and how generous they were with their time, treating so many poor patients for free at night and weekends.
I'm talking about averages. Sure you may get some good military docs but most as below average.
I knew a Army doc who was a Catholic and he use to visit the local TB sanitarium on a regular basis. He said to me one day, if I think I have a GI with TB I send the x-ray up to the 121 Evac Hosp to get it read by a radiologist but at the sanitarium the x-rays are right out of my old text books!!!
I also went with a major nurse, who was also Catholic, up to Seoul as she wanted to go to a Korean medical supply company. She collected mortars and pestles?!?
The we had an aviator dentist. He liked to hang out with us at the O-Club?!? He went to all of our parties. Oh, you have been to a party until you have been to a party with av-ate-hers!
Do you recall the Tailhook Scandal?
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/13/booming/rev...
El Gato

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

<quoted text>
Oh, in the 21 years I was married my wife was hospitalized only once. An Army doctor overdosed her. Her pneumonia cleared up in about 22 seconds and then she spent the next two days recovering from the overdose.
The Army doctor blamed the pharmacist and he blamed the doctor. But if the Army pharmacists was watching what he was filing, he would have know that the prescript was four-times which she was to be given.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

El Gato wrote:
Links with poverty and crime[edit]
In developed countries, the level of functional literacy of an individual is proportional to income level and risk of committing crime. For example, according to the National Center for Educational Statistics in the United States:[3]
Over 60% of adults in the US prison system read at or below the fourth grade level
85% of US juvenile inmates are functionally illiterate
43% of adults at the lowest level of literacy lived below the poverty line, as opposed to 4% of those with the highest levels of literacy.
According to begintoread.com :[4]
Two-thirds of students who cannot read proficiently by the fourth grade will end up in jail or on welfare.
Three out of four individuals who receive food stamps read on the two lowest levels of literacy.
16-to-19-year-old girls at the poverty line and below with below-average reading skills are 6 times more likely to have out-of-wedlock children than their more literate counterparts
Are the white collar boys illiterate? Yet, they account, in money terms, for a lot more corruption than the unwashed uneducated classes. As to murders, it's not known how many they've ordered killed but I guess, mafia ties included, that this kind of activity is rampant. One only thinks of North American, European and Asian mining companies in the third world and how they let the local gov't thugs handle "demonstrations", how they poison wells and stifle crops.

As for the ones in jail, not too many white collars in there, and when they do, jails are more like country clubs.

Yes, the poor and uneducated ones are more likely to become criminals. Why is that surprising? Why do we need studies to tell us that?

Same for life expectancy. Rich people live longer. We know that thanks to more stupid studies. DOH. They also go less to 3-star Michelin restaurants and 5-star hotels. They don't drive Caddies and Mercedes either.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

El Gato wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm talking about averages. Sure you may get some good military docs but most as below average.
I knew a Army doc who was a Catholic and he use to visit the local TB sanitarium on a regular basis. He said to me one day, if I think I have a GI with TB I send the x-ray up to the 121 Evac Hosp to get it read by a radiologist but at the sanitarium the x-rays are right out of my old text books!!!
I also went with a major nurse, who was also Catholic, up to Seoul as she wanted to go to a Korean medical supply company. She collected mortars and pestles?!?
The we had an aviator dentist. He liked to hang out with us at the O-Club?!? He went to all of our parties. Oh, you have been to a party until you have been to a party with av-ate-hers!
Do you recall the Tailhook Scandal?
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/13/booming/rev...
Yes I do. Alarming.
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Barrière de la langue? Laquelle? Vous aimeriez échanger dans une langue autre que l'anglais, Apprendre àécrire? Bien volontiers. Oh, c'est vrai,être polyglotte = communiste en ce qui concerne les Conservateurs d'Extrême Droite. BDR (LRS toutes marques deposées).

Possiamo provare anche in Italiano, signore.
I'm certain that Jerques is "bi-lingual". i.e. illiterate in two languages.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 146,081 - 146,100 of174,495
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

70 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,078,857
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 min Curiosityforever 48,856
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 27 min ritedownthemiddle 45,764
Amy 7-22 42 min Julie 14
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr danetoo 67,890
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr nuguyntwn 3,827
The Liberty Brothers Interview: Colonel Kratos,... 3 hr Must be you 7
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 4:15PM CDT

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000