BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#166130 Aug 1, 2013
And another politician falls on his sword. But it should be noted again, Republicans clean their own house whereas Democrats are happy to sleep with pigs!

Fla. education chief resigns amid grading scandal
GARY FINEOUT

TALLAHASSEE, Fla.(AP)— Florida's education commissioner resigned Thursday amid allegations that he changed the grade of a charter school run by a major Republican donor during his previous job as Indiana's school chief.

Tony Bennett announced his immediate resignation at a news conference, saying that he while he did nothing wrong he didn't want to be a distraction to Gov. Rick Scott's efforts to overhaul Florida's education system. Emails published by The Associated Press this week show that Bennett and his Indiana staff scrambled last fall to ensure Christel DeHaan's school received an A, despite poor 10th-grade algebra scores that initially earned it a C.

Bennett called that interpretation "malicious and unfounded" and said he would call for Indiana's inspector general to look into the allegations because he is certain he will be cleared of wrongdoing.

He said it would be unfair to Scott "to have to spend my time and the State Board (of Education's) time, as things continue to trickle out, defending myself." He called the allegations "politically motivated."

Bennett lost his re-election bid last November in Indiana. He was hired by Florida as its education commissioner, a nonelected post, in December.

Scott, at an appearance in South Florida, said he had not fired Bennett or demanded his resignation.

http://news.yahoo.com/fla-education-chief-res...

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#166131 Aug 1, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
And another politician falls on his sword. But it should be noted again, Republicans clean their own house whereas Democrats are happy to sleep with pigs!
Fla. education chief resigns amid grading scandal
GARY FINEOUT
TALLAHASSEE, Fla.(AP)— Florida's education commissioner resigned Thursday amid allegations that he changed the grade of a charter school run by a major Republican donor during his previous job as Indiana's school chief.
Tony Bennett announced his immediate resignation at a news conference, saying that he while he did nothing wrong he didn't want to be a distraction to Gov. Rick Scott's efforts to overhaul Florida's education system. Emails published by The Associated Press this week show that Bennett and his Indiana staff scrambled last fall to ensure Christel DeHaan's school received an A, despite poor 10th-grade algebra scores that initially earned it a C.
Bennett called that interpretation "malicious and unfounded" and said he would call for Indiana's inspector general to look into the allegations because he is certain he will be cleared of wrongdoing.
He said it would be unfair to Scott "to have to spend my time and the State Board (of Education's) time, as things continue to trickle out, defending myself." He called the allegations "politically motivated."
Bennett lost his re-election bid last November in Indiana. He was hired by Florida as its education commissioner, a nonelected post, in December.
Scott, at an appearance in South Florida, said he had not fired Bennett or demanded his resignation.
http://news.yahoo.com/fla-education-chief-res...
Tony Bennett the centenarian singer? Isn't he a bit old to hold public office?

Also, it is written "Bennett lost his re-election bid last November in Indiana. He was hired by Florida as its education commissioner, a nonelected post, in December".

Gee whiz, wonder what Republican governor appointed a Republican election loser, not unlike the failed sure-winner but loser Jacksonville mayoralty candidate who's holding a very important post now, tell us what it is , Rogue. Oh, and what was Tony Bennett's (lol) background in education for holding such a job? Thought he was a popular singer LOL LOL. Oh, that's right, he's a Republican. Now THERE'S an education background.

As you know, Rogue, Republicans NEVER offer plum jobs to supporters, financiers and failed candidates. Only Democrats do that. And ultra conservatives, wink wink.
Truth Detector

Louisville, KY

#166132 Aug 1, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Same thing was said about Ross Perot, Right?

Last I checked, Perot was suffering from the effects of Obamunism like the rest of us Americans, since he is still here with us.
Granted, since he is a self-made billionaire, he is suffering a little less than the rest of us Americans.
Oh wait, you're not even American, you definitely don't matter.
You're DISMISSED!

Ottawa

#166133 Aug 1, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
Same thing was said about Ross Perot, Right?
Last I checked, Perot was suffering from the effects of Obamunism like the rest of us Americans, since he is still here with us.
Granted, since he is a self-made billionaire, he is suffering a little less than the rest of us Americans.
Oh wait, you're not even American, you definitely don't matter.
You're DISMISSED!
By YOU? A wuss? Are you the Topix police? Well, I can do as much about USA affairs as YOU can, LMAO (LRS tm reg'd), which is zilch.
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#166134 Aug 1, 2013
What's this? Rouge and Jercque debating which political party is the worst? Gee - I never saw that coming.

Cautionary note for Rouge - due to the language barrier you may find that somehow Republicans are declared to be "the worst" and yet not as bad as the Democrats.

Location hidden

#166135 Aug 1, 2013
A guy goes into a bar in Louisiana where there's a robot bartender! The robot says, "What will you have?" The guy says, "Whiskey." The robot brings back his drink and says to the man, "What's your IQ?" The guy says," 168." The robot then proceeds to talk about physics, space exploration and medical technology.

The guy leaves,... but he is curious ... So he goes back into the bar. The robot bartender says, "What will you have?" The guy says, "Whiskey." Again, the robot brings the man his drink and says, "What's your IQ?" The guy says, "100." The robot then starts to talk about NASCAR, Budweiser, the Saints and LSU Tigers.

The guy leaves, but finds it
very interesting, so he thinks he will try it one more time. He goes back into the bar. The robot says, "What will you have?" The guy says, "Whiskey," and the robot brings him his whiskey. The robot then says, "What's your IQ?"
The guy says, "Uh, about 72."

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#166136 Aug 1, 2013
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
No Rogue, it’s 78 percent. It’s as politifact says, when you cherry pick what cabinet appointees to consider and unilaterally try to define private sector work you can come to any conclusion you wish.
Rogue doesn’t consider working for a law firm private sector work so therefore,
Who gives a shit what Rogue thinks?
A divorce lawyer handles a divorce and Rogue thinks it's not private sector work. Amazing.

A patent attorney secures a patent for an individual and it's not private sector? But if the client is a corporation then it's private sector?

Rogue is smoking something funny.

Ottawa

#166137 Aug 1, 2013
Learn to Read wrote:
What's this? Rouge and Jercque debating which political party is the worst? Gee - I never saw that coming.
Cautionary note for Rouge - due to the language barrier you may find that somehow Republicans are declared to be "the worst" and yet not as bad as the Democrats.
Barrière de la langue? Laquelle? Vous aimeriez échanger dans une langue autre que l'anglais, Apprendre àécrire? Bien volontiers. Oh, c'est vrai,être polyglotte = communiste en ce qui concerne les Conservateurs d'Extrême Droite. BDR (LRS toutes marques deposées).

Possiamo provare anche in Italiano, signore.

Location hidden

#166138 Aug 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Also, it is written "Bennett lost his re-election bid last November in Indiana. He was hired by Florida as its education commissioner, a nonelected post, in December".
Gee whiz, wonder what Republican governor appointed a Republican election loser, not unlike the failed sure-winner but loser Jacksonville mayoralty candidate who's holding a very important post now, tell us what it is , Rogue. Oh, and what was Tony Bennett's (lol) background in education for holding such a job? Thought he was a popular singer LOL LOL. Oh, that's right, he's a Republican. Now THERE'S an education background.
As you know, Rogue, Republicans NEVER offer plum jobs to supporters, financiers and failed candidates. Only Democrats do that. And ultra conservatives, wink wink.
Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga - The Lady Is a Tramp

RationalState

#166139 Aug 1, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>No Rogue, itÂ’s 78 percent. ItÂ’s as politifact says, when you cherry pick what cabinet appointees to consider and unilaterally try to define private sector work you can come to any conclusion you wish.
Rogue doesnÂ’t consider working for a law firm private sector work so therefore,
Who gives a shit what Rogue thinks?
<quoted text>
No, but neither do I consider people who work for law firms to be in the business of making anything. You do know that Mitt Romney not only has a MBA but also a law degree. He uses his law degree to help him make BUSINESS decisions. Mitt Romney has created many more jobs than Obama ever will!
So far, we have over SEVEN MILLION fewer Americans employed than when Obama entered the White House in 2009!!!
And when a private physician makes a diagnosis, that's not a business of "making" something but it is private sector just as private sector as an attorney "making" a will.

When a patent attorney secures a patent for an inventor the property right does not exist? Unless a material thing is fabricated it's not private sector work?

What about a physical therapist? What they do is not real or private sector because they don't "make" things?

RationalState

#166140 Aug 1, 2013
Federal Express is apparently not private sector because they don't "make things"?(They only deliver things.)

What a riot.
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#166141 Aug 1, 2013
wojar wrote:
Federal Express is apparently not private sector because they don't "make things"?(They only deliver things.)

What a riot.
Are prisons private sector since the prisoners make license plates?
El Gato

Jacksonville, FL

#166142 Aug 1, 2013
El Gotcha wrote:
47% of the peoples left in Detroit are functionally illiterate!
<quoted text>
Surprise, surprise, Rogue, it's not just Detroit. I would not be surprised if that 47% pretty much applied to the whole USA and Canada. And Europe, more and more, is fast catching up. Or is that catching down?
Hummm, according to Wiki, the follow are functionally illiterate.
The U.S. 20%
The U.K. is 21.8%
Canada 14.6%
Ireland 22.8%
Mexico 43.2%
Italy 47%(OMG)
Sweden 7.5%!!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Functional_illit...
El Gato

Jacksonville, FL

#166143 Aug 1, 2013
Links with poverty and crime[edit]

In developed countries, the level of functional literacy of an individual is proportional to income level and risk of committing crime. For example, according to the National Center for Educational Statistics in the United States:[3]

Over 60% of adults in the US prison system read at or below the fourth grade level
85% of US juvenile inmates are functionally illiterate
43% of adults at the lowest level of literacy lived below the poverty line, as opposed to 4% of those with the highest levels of literacy.
According to begintoread.com :[4]

Two-thirds of students who cannot read proficiently by the fourth grade will end up in jail or on welfare.
Three out of four individuals who receive food stamps read on the two lowest levels of literacy.
16-to-19-year-old girls at the poverty line and below with below-average reading skills are 6 times more likely to have out-of-wedlock children than their more literate counterparts
El Gato

Jacksonville, FL

#166144 Aug 1, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
And when a private physician makes a diagnosis, that's not a business of "making" something but it is private sector just as private sector as an attorney "making" a will.
When a patent attorney secures a patent for an inventor the property right does not exist? Unless a material thing is fabricated it's not private sector work?
What about a physical therapist? What they do is not real or private sector because they don't "make" things?
No, but private sector physicians are better doctor as if they don't keep their customers happy, they lose their patients. Most military doctors are the exact opposite.
Sure a few military doctors join out of true patriotism but most are the bottom of their classes and need a job, any job, to pay off their student loans. The same goes for JAG officers.
El Gato

Jacksonville, FL

#166145 Aug 1, 2013
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Are prisons private sector since the prisoners make license plates?
In 1997 I bought my first big truck and got a 30 permit which was printed on paper and taped to my windshield which meant every DOT scale I went over, I got pulled over for a records check.
At the end of the moth they gave me a 90 day extension citing a shortage of "material" to make the plates.
Damn, for four months I was being pulled in twice a day to explain it to DOT officers.
Oh, my first truck was a 1998 Freightliner Century in ruby-red pearl with a little metal-fake. I had just enough extra chrome to make it really sharp. I had more than a few DOT officers comment on my truck.
Oh, I had my decals in silver as opposed to black or white which the vast majority of other truck had. I could have gotten my decals in chrome too but at three times the cost.

Ottawa

#166146 Aug 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Barrière de la langue? Laquelle? Vous aimeriez échanger dans une langue autre que l'anglais, Apprendre àécrire? Bien volontiers. Oh, c'est vrai,être polyglotte = communiste en ce qui concerne les Conservateurs d'Extrême Droite. BDR (LRS toutes marques deposées).
Possiamo provare anche in Italiano, signore.
Corr : "Learn to read" is "Apprendre à lire", not "écrire". My bad.

Ottawa

#166147 Aug 1, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga - The Lady Is a Tramp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ZPAmDULCVrUXX
Great stuff. Better than any darn politician, whatever party.

Ottawa

#166148 Aug 1, 2013
El Gato wrote:
El Gotcha wrote:
47% of the peoples left in Detroit are functionally illiterate!
<quoted text>
Hummm, according to Wiki, the follow are functionally illiterate.
The U.S. 20%
The U.K. is 21.8%
Canada 14.6%
Ireland 22.8%
Mexico 43.2%
Italy 47%(OMG)
Sweden 7.5%!!!!
Just my humble opinion, but I think those countries' statisticians and Wikipedia are very charitable. We may be second, but I don't believe it. And in Italy, it's the south of Rome (Mezzogiorno) that drags down the whole country. Mafia is not keen on education of the masses, and as they control pretty much all of the south...
El Gato

Jacksonville, FL

#166149 Aug 1, 2013
I also had extra aluminum to lighten it up. Things you don't see like the air tanks and my rear axle carriers. Not only were they lighter, they did not rust out. Steel air tanks often do not last five years over the road before they rust out and have to be replaced..
My truck was also one of the first with a Hendricks air-ride front suspension which I got for FREE and saved another 90 lbs.
They had just come out with it but no one was buying. I looked at the price and turned it down and that was when the Freghtliner plant offered it to me for free. Boy she rode like a Caddilac but it did not tolerate worn tires very well so I averaged on 100K miles between front tire changes.
Anyway, my truck was a thousand pounds lighter than the company trucks so I could fill up my twin-150 gallon tanks and go 1,400 miles between fill ups. That way I could choose to by fuel in cheaper $tate$.
I could also, with just 200 gallons, scale out up to about 47,000 pounds of freight while others would have to cut fuel to get just 46,000 lbs in the box.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 42 min KiMare 49,754
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 46 min Earthling-1 46,556
Revisiting the early days of Chicago's social-d... 1 hr suoper hard 2
Biology & geography answers has been posted her... 2 hr Showboy1234 1
Real And Confirmed Waec GCE 2014 Biology Altern... 2 hr ToscoBoy 2
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr bab4 1,108,389
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 4 hr SLY WEST 7,778
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••