BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...
Comments
145,001 - 145,020 of 174,600 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what happened to Packard? Folded 1958! What happened to Hudson? Bought out by Nash in 1954! What happened to Checker? No model changes after 1956, folded in 1982! What happened to Studebaker? Folded 1966!
And American cars had trouble during the Energy Crises of 1974 because they were building larger vehicles/ In 1975 I bought an Audi Fox which got only 10% better fuel millage than my 1972 Dodge Dart Demon 340. It go 18 mpg on the road and my Audi Fox got only 20 mpg. And the Audi was the biggest piece of junk I have ever owned.
Oh, In 2005 I bought my first Honda, a CR-V and in 2012 I replaced it by another Honda CR-V. In 2010 I replaced my Dodge PU with a Honda Ridgeline. I just love both of my Hondas and they were both made in America with NON-union labor!
??????????

Your reply is gibberish. It makes no sense. Amd most companies that went under did so 15 to20 years AFTER the end of WW2. How relevant is that? And anyone that was so ignorant they didn't know the Audi model you bought was made in Brazil deserved to be screwed. Why're you still buying Hondas? We know. And did YOU know that most "Japanese and Korean cars" have more American components built-in than so-called domestic cars, making the latter more "imported" than Japanese and Korean?
Linktv org

Oakdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Yep, to a Libtard it is okay because a Republican also did it. Under Bush the NSA only intercepted messages that were out of the US but Obama has greatly expanded it to over 100 times what it was under Bush.
When Bush left office, Homeland Security's budget was under $4B but now it is over $60B. That is 15 times what it was under Bush but because it started under Bush, it is Bush's fault!!!
And Bush did inhale and Monica did not swallow!!!
<quoted text>
Still don't get it, do you!!! It is not a constitutional violation to wiretap an American OUTSIDE the U.S...... unless you are on official duty with our government!
If you call OUTSIDE the U.S., you are not protected either. During WWII 100% of all telegrams and phone calls were monitored. You call Mexico or Canada, they monitored your call. Perfectly Constitutionally then and perfectly constitutional now.
What Obama is doing now is monitoring communications INSIDE the U.S. Don't see the difference do you? Do you know why you don't. Because in your twisted mind Bush is evil yet Obama is good .... regardless of the facts!!!
Let me give you a little hint: Dumbya Bush never used any e-mails for his 8 years in the White House.

Said so publicly a few times.

Question Rogue: Why was Ignorant 'Iraqi Oil' Bush afraid to use e-mails?

You continue to believe the Fox News Propaganda.

Russell Tice and Mark Klein both said Bush/Cheney spied on all Americans inside the United States.
Linktv org

Oakdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Scrutiny wrote:
Ok, there has been a lot of talk about evil "unions".
In America... unless you have a marketable degree, Unions may be your only hope of raising a family and have at least minimal time to see them.
Yes, union LEADERSHIP in some areas is very corrupt.
If you think the electoral college is a messed up voting system...baby, are you in for a surprise. Union MEMBERS have very little control over voting for their own contracts...let alone electing representatives.
But... is that the fault of any random factory worker?
Right to work provides ZERO employment. It sounds like a great thing...a RIGHT, no less. However, it does nothing to get you hired and less than that if someone tries to fire you.
If you have never worked in a union you will not know that they act as legal representation for the worker if he has business with his employer.
When I payed union dues I did it with a smile. Hell...I let em take it right out of my check.
Job security. THAT is the name of the game. Unions are the only game in town.
Yes, the older guys made more money...and they deserved it. They also deserve every dime of their pensions.
Most unions protect manual labor type factory positions.
It was my hourly rate multiplied by 2. Plus 2 dollars a month.
Cheap.
Go ask a wal-mart employee how they are making it.
I made a "decent" wage and had tons of trouble.
Financial woes suck. Being part of a union kept my head above water for a good while.
The company I worked for made 5 billion dollars last year. That is after payroll, pensions, overhead, bonuses, cost of operations, AND paying forward pension plans and other things to lower the figure of pure profit.
(Maybe if you get in under 5 billion you pay less taxes?)
But the point is...getting rid of unions is a terrible idea. One of the worst I have ever heard. Not saying they are perfect...
Changing the way their voting procedures work...and maybe a few counterweights to what they are able to do financially and in the business world would go a long way.
Excellent post.

Fox News, Rightwing Radio, and Wall Street want you to believe Unions are bad for average Americans.

Rush 'From Drugs' Lying Corporatist Limbaugh despises Unions.

--------

http://tinyurl.com/bvfdak5

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
And would you have gotten upset if they had given half of that to Republican candidates?
I don't care what they do with it...I paid them to represent me.
If they must spend money on candidates I would think they should spread it around.

There is no such thing as frivilous firing in unions.

And none of those "John's granddad worked for company x for 29 years and was fired for no reason just before he started collecting his pension." stories.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
A hundred years ago unions were very much needed and they did a lot of good but today they are an albatross around a company's neck. Union run shops use 10-15% more labor to do the same amount of work and they are 10-15% over constipated. Ergo the cost of labor in a typical union business compared to a non-union business is 25-30% and eventually those businesses close because they can not compete with non-union businesses.
Tell me, what good is any union if you get laid off? It is not they did for you a hundred years ago but what are they doing for you today?
With Right-to-Work, you are more likely to be employed.
Going to assume you mean "overcompensated"

How do you come to that conclusion?

Unions use 10-15 percent more labor because the business is forced not to overwork their employees. "Fair days work for a fair days pay."

There is no..."If you don't work 10% over quota you will be fired."

If you get laid off...unions do their best to find you alternate work. However, I have never seen a teamster laid off...ever.

Really though...exactly how do you calculate that they are overpaid by 10-15%?

Says who? Could you not say that "right to work states are 10-15% UNDERPAID?"

By the way...your "ergo..." is extraordinarily inaccurate.

Both of your 10-15% figures (even if they are close to being accurate) can not be added together as they are not like figures.

If you use 10%-15% more gas in your car than average and you pay 10-15% more a gallon for it. It doesn't mean you pay 25-30% more for gas.

I guess I care more about making the world better for working Americans more than making the country safer for corporations.

Besides...everyone knows why America is in decline. Our factories are barren or gone all together. We don't produce competitive goods. We are being pushed out of the global race. Was this a miscalculation on our part? No. This is by design.

Getting rid of unions is the last thing they need to accomplish to basically finish our machine.

Our chief export has been war and death for a good while now.
THAT has an excellent turn-over rate.

We need industry and innovation. And we are faltering.
Linktv org

Oakdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

King David's palace found, says Israeli team
July 21, 2013 / http://tinyurl.com/md7ulb8
JERUSALEM (AP) A team of Israeli archaeologists believes it has discovered the ruins of a palace belonging to the biblical King David, but other Israeli experts dispute the claim.
Archaeologists from Hebrew University of Jerusalem and Israel's Antiquities Authority said their find, a large fortified complex west of Jerusalem at a site called Khirbet Qeiyafa , is the first palace of the biblical king ever to be discovered.
"Khirbet Qeiyafa is the best example exposed to date of a fortified city from the time of King David," said Yossi Garfinkel, a Hebrew University archaeologist, suggesting that David himself would have used the site. Garfinkel led the seven-year dig with Saar Ganor of Israel's Antiquities Authority.
Garfinkel said his team found cultic objects typically used by Judeans, the subjects of King David, and saw no trace of pig remains. Pork is forbidden under Jewish dietary laws. Clues like these, he said, were "unequivocal evidence" that David and his descendants had ruled at the site.
http://www.chron.com/news/world/article/King-...

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

It is not as if there is no market for American products.

It matters not, if they are inferior or superior.

People everywhere want American goods.(maybe except in America) It is a statement about themselves. To have something from here.

Yes, politically we are pretty evil on a global scale. They have good reasons to hate the U.S. we are mischievous and meddlesome. And others have cause to see the U.S. as hope.

That aside...we live in a land of endless greed.

What you want is all you need, and anything can be had. America is the place to be. This is rather exciting to global consumers. And it has been hyped up through anti-U.S. propaganda.

I think the people of the world want American appliances, gadgets, clothing, movies, etc ..everything.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Yep, to a Libtard it is okay because a Republican also did it. Under Bush the NSA only intercepted messages that were out of the US but Obama has greatly expanded it to over 100 times what it was under Bush.
When Bush left office, Homeland Security's budget was under $4B but now it is over $60B. That is 15 times what it was under Bush but because it started under Bush, it is Bush's fault!!!
And Bush did inhale and Monica did not swallow!!!
<quoted text>
Still don't get it, do you!!! It is not a constitutional violation to wiretap an American OUTSIDE the U.S...... unless you are on official duty with our government!
If you call OUTSIDE the U.S., you are not protected either. During WWII 100% of all telegrams and phone calls were monitored. You call Mexico or Canada, they monitored your call. Perfectly Constitutionally then and perfectly constitutional now.
What Obama is doing now is monitoring communications INSIDE the U.S. Don't see the difference do you? Do you know why you don't. Because in your twisted mind Bush is evil yet Obama is good .... regardless of the facts!!!
You: "Monica did not swallow!!! " obsession, obsession, obsession, Monica and Clinton's penis. It never leaves your twisted jealous envious wannabeClinton mind, does it?

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Maddox and Wallace along with Robert KKK Byrd were apart of the REAL Democrat Party?
David Duke tried to switch from the Democrat Party to the Republican Party but we would not let him.
Woodrow Wilson and FDR where probably the most racist president we've had in the past century ... until Obama moved into the White House. And if you can not see Obama's racism, you to are a racist!
Sorry, you're wrong once more. Maddox and Wallace were part of the shame of the Dem party, and they were NOT accepted in the federal party's ranks. Why do you think Wallace, the faux democrat, run as an independent presidential candidate? As to Robert Bird, you love to twist it , don't you? He was a member of the KKK in the 1940s !!!!. He did say, I don't recall when, that it was the biggest mistake of his life. At that time, he did not hold office and had left the KKK before he was fist elected to a public post. He filibustered the civil rights act and later said that was a mistake . He was big enough to admit his wrongs, are you?

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep the black voters in the Democrat Party. It is sad that they throw them a few peanuts and they think they are saved.
They're black = they're dumb and gullible . More racism? Nawwwwww.

But at least, Rogue, are they polite, nice and clean?

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Scrutiny wrote:
It is not as if there is no market for American products.
It matters not, if they are inferior or superior.
People everywhere want American goods.(maybe except in America) It is a statement about themselves. To have something from here.
Yes, politically we are pretty evil on a global scale. They have good reasons to hate the U.S. we are mischievous and meddlesome. And others have cause to see the U.S. as hope.
That aside...we live in a land of endless greed.
What you want is all you need, and anything can be had. America is the place to be. This is rather exciting to global consumers. And it has been hyped up through anti-U.S. propaganda.
I think the people of the world want American appliances, gadgets, clothing, movies, etc ..everything.
TYou wrote : "I think the people of the world want American appliances, gadgets, clothing, movies, etc ..everything."

Mostly wrong. What appliances, gadgets or clothing ? Neither the USA nor any other western country makes those things any more. As for movies, you're right, and though the US still makes the BEST and WORST movies, foreigners want the worst Charles Bronson/Batman/Superman type. Go figure.

Foreigners do like American fast food, yes, and the result is, foreign franchises bring more profit to their American head offices than domestics ones. Coke and Pepsi make more profits abroad than in the US.
El Cid

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

The federal governments top ten most successful programs
El Cid

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
TYou wrote : "I think the people of the world want American appliances, gadgets, clothing, movies, etc ..everything."
Mostly wrong. What appliances, gadgets or clothing ? Neither the USA nor any other western country makes those things any more. As for movies, you're right, and though the US still makes the BEST and WORST movies, foreigners want the worst Charles Bronson/Batman/Superman type. Go figure.
Foreigners do like American fast food, yes, and the result is, foreign franchises bring more profit to their American head offices than domestics ones. Coke and Pepsi make more profits abroad than in the US.
Foreigners do not understand our language very well and subtitles do not convey the emotions very well either. What they do understand is ACTION. Action they understand.
In Aug. 1971 I took a Chinese college student to see the movie 'Love Story'. It had Chinese subtitles. The end is a tearjerker and although I was not crying or even weeping, the Chinese seemed to be laughing.
Oh, all my date wanted to talk about is Nixon going to Red China and I wanted less talk and MORE ACTION! So that was our one and only date.
Oh, she was a 'club girl' and they could go on day-dates but they had to be back by six pm. And after her work at the club, it was upstairs to the dorm to study.
Frank

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
..."to be employed" at Simon Legris wages and collect food stamps.
Obama was elected in 2008,since he has done nothing to reduce unemployment,nothing. If someone is still employed at the job they had in 2008 and are making the same wage,their spending ability is cut by over thirty five percent. I don't know how people do it,I also don't know how they re-elected the guy in The White House.
Frank

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You: "Monica did not swallow!!! " obsession, obsession, obsession, Monica and Clinton's penis. It never leaves your twisted jealous envious wannabeClinton mind, does it?
No one wants to be Clinton,least not anyone who is right thinking.
Frank

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You watch too much MSNBC.
Frank

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Traditionally, Hollywood action movies have a good following in Asian markets and dramatic stories have a better following in European markets. If given a choice,people would come to the United States for higher education and for the higher living standards. To accept these higher standards they would have to also accept the problems that arise from the liberals that are attached.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
Foreigners do not understand our language very well and subtitles do not convey the emotions very well either. What they do understand is ACTION. Action they understand.
In Aug. 1971 I took a Chinese college student to see the movie 'Love Story'. It had Chinese subtitles. The end is a tearjerker and although I was not crying or even weeping, the Chinese seemed to be laughing.
Oh, all my date wanted to talk about is Nixon going to Red China and I wanted less talk and MORE ACTION! So that was our one and only date.
Oh, she was a 'club girl' and they could go on day-dates but they had to be back by six pm. And after her work at the club, it was upstairs to the dorm to study.
U.S. movies are mostly dubbed abroad, not sub-titled.
El Cid

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Traditionally, Hollywood action movies have a good following in Asian markets and dramatic stories have a better following in European markets. If given a choice,people would come to the United States for higher education and for the higher living standards. To accept these higher standards they would have to also accept the problems that arise from the liberals that are attached.
Like watch evil white guys shoot good black guys?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php...
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

<quoted text>
Let's all have a good laugh right now at Mr Liars.
Blame Topix, not me. jerkwad

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

31 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 17 min Uzi 67,926
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 25 min truth 48,894
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr John Galt 1,079,665
Presidential library planned for Chicago Chicag... 1 hr joey 3
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr ritedownthemiddle 45,779
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 3 hr TW_sugar_daddio 10
Amy 7-24 3 hr loose cannon 19
Abby 7-24 4 hr Pippa 42
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr Mister Tonka 97,524
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••