BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...
Comments
144,901 - 144,920 of 177,412 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#164829 Jul 20, 2013
El Kid wrote:
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
I was born and raised in the South and I have never seen a person dressed in a robe and hood. I've never been approached by anyone from the KKK either. How can that be?
<quoted text>
I was raised in the South too. Does that make me a racist? Are you profiling people? "You're white, you're from the South, ergo you is a racist!"
Profiling? Yes, you're a wannabe cop, armed,(thank you NRA) and you see this black kid walking on condo property, he is immediately a suspect, let's just imagine for a second Zimmerman's unoiled wheels turning : "hey, he's wearing a hoodie, he's black, let's follow him. Maybe he'll even give me a reason to use my penis, er, sorry, gun, been wanting to for a long time..."
El Cid

Jacksonville, FL

#164830 Jul 20, 2013
5 convicted over deadly Costa Concordia cruise liner wreck in Italy
By Barbie Latza Nadeau and Laura Smith-Spark, CNN, Sat July 20, 2013

Rome (CNN)-- Five people were convicted of manslaughter and causing personal injury Saturday over the deadly wreck of the Costa Concordia cruise liner off the Italian coast last year -- but only two may serve any prison time under the plea bargain accepted by the judge.
The five's convictions, after Judge Pietro Molino accepted their plea bargain Saturday morning, are the first in the case.
They were originally co-defendants with the cruise ship's captain, Francesco Schettino, whose trial began this week.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/20/world/europe/it...

Ottawa

#164831 Jul 20, 2013
El Cid wrote:
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>What you see is the result of Unions forcing companies into pension plans they couldn't afford. Unions are dead. The fact that it is now one big ghetto doesn't help. That teat will go dry sooner or later. It appears "sooner" is the case here. And what happened? Why they went belly-up, of course. No one wants to live in a jungle.
<quoted text>
When is the last time Detroit had a non-Democrat mayor/city government? I think I more than made my point!!!
Rogue, it's always colour and politics for you, isn't it? When was the last time the Dems or anyone else had any control on the big Three during the most prosperous era in automobile manufacturing history and profits, instead of being re-invested in modern equipment, profitable subsidiaries were sold off to increase profit-sharing by the likes of Nader-spying Roche,(Delco, Frigidaire , Body by Fisher, Philco, Kelvinator, stell and engine plants all sold off to increase dividends and front-office bonuses, damn the employees' benefits and pension plans) at a time when the big Three went from actually manufacturing real cars to becoming simple assembly lines, buying junk from the cheapest makers of engines, bodies, accessories? Don't you know about the shoddy products coming our of Detroit, even the chrome baguettes were grossly misaligned. Germans and Japanese took advantage of all that, and the rest is history. Detroit is dead. Damn unions, damn democrats.

P.§.: Did you know, at one point (year escapes me), GM was the first-ever world company to reap $1 billion in gross profits? Somewhere in the 1960s...What happened? The unions destroyed GM an Detroit? So easy.
Linktv org

West Sayville, NY

#164832 Jul 20, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>United States in the 1880's was the start of the greatest industrial revolution in the history of the world. By the time the United States defeated the navy of Spain to liberate millions of people around the world, United States had become known to all civilized people as one of the greatest nations in the history of the earth. Legacy fortunes are still a problem because they don't want the every day worker to take dollars out of their pockets,but the liberals don't know how to deal with the problem nor do they understand that massive inflation is not best way to to give the average worker a chance to prosper. The liberals should be more concerned about the entertainers and new rich that are causing uber inflation by collecting pay that is more than the working person could earn or spend in multiple lifetimes.
You are half right about the Industrial Revolution and extremely wrong about Liberals.

There were many great Nations throughout history: Rome, Greece, et cetera and all came crumbing down.

I would hope you do realize Newt Gingrich, Phil Gramm, and most all Republicans voted with Bill Clinton to terminate Glass/Steagall which lead to the 2008 Bush/Cheney financial meltdown.

A Quick Aside: Republican Senator Phil Gramm's wife Wendy worked in the Reagan administration.

Republican Leader Senator Mitch McConnell's wife Elaine Chao worked in Bush 43 administration.

All the people responsible for the meltdown directly or indirectly get promotions.

Just wait for 2016 when Jeb 'Wall Street' Bush runs against Hillary 'Wall Street' Clinton.

==========

Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999-Part 2
http://tinyurl.com/ccs348

Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999-Part 1
http://tinyurl.com/dfnkuu

Ottawa

#164833 Jul 20, 2013
Oh, and correction in one my posts. I wrote that Detroit's population had gone from 2 million to 3/3 million. Typo. Make that 2/3 of a million.

Ottawa

#164834 Jul 20, 2013
El Cid wrote:
Mayor Alvin Brown is not only a Democrat but he is also BLACK. And guess who is pushing back at his proposed city budget? Black Democrats!!!
Pretty soon they will be calling him an Oreo or an Uncle Tom!!!
Oh, I did not vote for him last year but there is a very good chance I will next mayoral elections.
Mayor Brown says retirement reform is key to a balanced budget
JACKSONVILLE, Fla.-- Mayor Alvin Brown told city leaders that tax increases and across-the-board cuts will not solve Jacksonville's financial crunch.
The mayor instead called on city council to pass his retirement reform package, which is estimated to save $1.2 billion over 30 years, and $5 million next year.
"Tax increases are not the solution," said Brown. "Deep spending cuts are not the solution. The solution is reform. We should be making it easier, not harder, for our neighbors to find economic success."
Without the reform savings, the city is looking at a $61 million hole.
Mayor Brown unveiled his proposed budget to city council members and a room full of city leaders Monday morning.
http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content/topstori...
Even the feds have budget problems, Rogue, as you well know. There are many ways of cutting this darn deficit. Pension reform for one. How about cutting military pensions by 2/3? Imagine how that would help the bottom line. That means your revenue would be cut by as much as 66%, but I'm sure ,for the good of the nation, you'd be ok with that.
El Cid

Jacksonville, FL

#164835 Jul 20, 2013
El Cid wrote:
El Cid wrote:
Slowly the world turns as the IRS scandal creeps slowly towards the White House. How many scandals does the White House currently have? I gave up trying to count when I ran out of fingers and toes and everyone knows we Conservatives can't count beyond 24.<quoted text>
There are over 6,000 lawsuits just about Obamacare! The Obama administration will go down as the most sued administration in history .... times ten!
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Rogue, Rogue, Poppo was talking about the IRS. Typically, and thinking everyone's attention span is as limited as yours, and thinking you're fooling anyone, you switch to Obamacare. 6000 lawsuits? Where'd you get that? Proof please. Admitting there are 6000 lawsuits with probable support from insurance companies and health care facilities in the background, how does that size up compared to 310 million inhabitants?
How shallow minded you are. How about the faith based companies who are being forced to violate their religious beliefs? I bet you would get upset if your tax dollars went to support orphanages because you think they should be aborted rather than being given up for adoption.
El Cid

Jacksonville, FL

#164836 Jul 20, 2013
Obviously Jacqueau has never heard of our First Amendment. Why to you think our founders put religious freedom in the First Amendment and the right to bear arms in the Second Amendment and our other rights after those?

Lawsuits Against Obamacare Birth-Control Mandate Begin This Week, 22 May 2013 By Courtney Coren

Lawsuits challenging the birth-control mandate in Obamacare are to be heard by federal appeals courts beginning Wednesday, as private businesses opposed, on religious grounds, to the healthcare requirement try to push the issue to the Supreme Court.

Two of the cases start Wednesday in the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals in Chicago. Oral arguments in three other cases are to be heard in other appeals courts by early June, according to Politico.

The challenges — cases brought by a crafts store, an auto-parts manufacturer, a contractor, a woodworker, and light manufacturer — all argue that the Obamacare requirement that insurance plans cover birth control violates the religious beliefs of the owners, and the companies should receive the same waiver or exemption as nonprofit religious organizations.
Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/US/Obamacare-birth-con...
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!

Ottawa

#164837 Jul 20, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you explain why NON-union auto companies are doing real well in America while the union auto companies are struggling? And most of those non-union companies are in Right-to-Work states too and guess which states have lower unemployment rates?
Differences Between Right to Work and Non-Right to Work States
Larry Gigerich
By: Larry Gigerich - Managing Director, Ginovus
Category: Economic Development
For many years, economic development officials and site selection consultants have discussed the key differences between right to work and non-right to work states in the Midwestern part of the United States. In many cases, companies will not even consider non-right to work states for new facilities, out of concern for how their operations will be affected. When our firm is completing site selection analysis for a company, the question of right to work versus non-right to work is asked the majority of the time.
1. Percentage Growth in Non-Farm Private Sector Employees (1995-2005)
a. Right to Work States: 12.9%
b. Non-right to Work States: 6.0%
2. Average Poverty Rate-Adjusted for Cost of Living (2002-2004)
a. Right to Work States: 8.5%
b. Non-right to Work States: 10.1%
3. Percentage Growth in Patents Annually Granted (1995-2005)
a. Right to Work States: 33.0%
b. Non-right to Work States: 11.0%
4. Percentage Growth in Real Personal Income (1995-2005)
a. Right to Work States: 26.0%
b. Non-right to Work States: 19.0%
5. Percentage Growth in Number of People Covered by Employment Based Private Health Insurance (1995-2005):
a. Right to Work States: 8.5%
b. Non-right to Work States: 0.7%
http://www.insideindianabusiness.com/contribu...
You wrote :"Can you explain why NON-union auto companies are doing real well in America while the union auto companies are struggling? And most of those non-union companies are in Right-to-Work states too and guess which states have lower unemployment rates?"

So easy.

1) Non-union employees are working at almost half the unionized wages;

2.) Benefits have been cut all over the south where these companies have moved and all new unionized employees up north;

3) Non-unionized companies, including Japanese and Korean upstarts and BMW in the south, have but a trickle of pensioned employees, thereby not affecting the bottom line. The Big Three and so many other huge companies like airlines, have MORE PENSIONED EMPLOYEES ENJOYING PENSION CHEQUES than actual employees. How can you perform like that? At the time of "prosperity', do you think these companies did not know the burden these pension plans would become 20, 30 years hence? Do you think actuaries did not warn them of this impending disaster, probably urging increased employer/employee contributions to keep pension plans afloat? Noooo, hey, increased employers' shares would diminish dividends and bonuses.'Let's cross the bankrupt pension plan in 20-30 years bridge when we come to it, and the gov't will fix it", was probably the catch word.

Right-to work state hardly pay a living wage, which is probably part of the reason why food stamps are up, as one cannot raise a family at $20 and hour.

Unions must share some of the responsibility for the Detroit disaster, who in his1her right mind would contest that? But, every single time, anytime a firm or city goes belly-up, to automatically jump on unions is unrealistic and...just plain stupid.
Linktv org

West Sayville, NY

#164838 Jul 20, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said!
Just one question. What is it about "Tea bags" that you disapprove of?
I read their platform and none of it seems fit for disdain.
I asked this question of someone before and they informed me that it was some rich people that began the movement.
They were unable to expand on why this made the word "Tea Party" or "Tea Baggers" derogatory.
Maybe you can help me out here.
I could be wrong but too my understanding the Tea Bags are all pro Wall Street and against Regulations which lead to the 2008 Bush and Cheney financial meltdown.

It is a non sequitur for small government in the Tea party.

Ottawa

#164839 Jul 20, 2013
El Cid wrote:
Ya know, there is nothing funnier than a gay guy with a Southern accent. Why hush my mouth.
Certain days, your obsession with Clinton's penis and Monica's cigar just pop up. Too much pressure from within, has to burst through. Well, today, it's gays with accents. What next, Rogue?

Do you even know who El Cid is? The other day, I relied in Castellano but got no reply. Is Castellano not El Cid's language?
El Cid

Jacksonville, FL

#164840 Jul 20, 2013
Oh, and correction in one my posts. I wrote that Detroit's population had gone from 2 million to 3/3 million. Typo. Make that 2/3 of a million.
Yep, according to the 2000 Census, Detroit was our 11th most populated city (and Jacksonville was our 13th) but by 2010 Detroit had dropped to ...... 18th and Jacksonville was now our 11th.
Isn't it odd that the more Conservative a city is, the faster it is growing!!!
Even with a Black Democrat mayor, Jacksonville is still probably the largest Conservative city in America. That must piss of Jacqueau who probably considers Mayor Alvin brown to be a dark-cracker.
Linktv org

West Sayville, NY

#164841 Jul 20, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
I guess Motown just became Notown!
Motown and Stax produced some of the greatest music in history.

Ottawa

#164842 Jul 20, 2013
El Cid wrote:
5 convicted over deadly Costa Concordia cruise liner wreck in Italy
By Barbie Latza Nadeau and Laura Smith-Spark, CNN, Sat July 20, 2013
Rome (CNN)-- Five people were convicted of manslaughter and causing personal injury Saturday over the deadly wreck of the Costa Concordia cruise liner off the Italian coast last year -- but only two may serve any prison time under the plea bargain accepted by the judge.
The five's convictions, after Judge Pietro Molino accepted their plea bargain Saturday morning, are the first in the case.
They were originally co-defendants with the cruise ship's captain, Francesco Schettino, whose trial began this week.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/20/world/europe/it...
And your point being?

Ottawa

#164843 Jul 20, 2013
El Cid wrote:
El Cid wrote:
El Cid wrote:
Slowly the world turns as the IRS scandal creeps slowly towards the White House. How many scandals does the White House currently have? I gave up trying to count when I ran out of fingers and toes and everyone knows we Conservatives can't count beyond 24.<quoted text>
There are over 6,000 lawsuits just about Obamacare! The Obama administration will go down as the most sued administration in history .... times ten!
<quoted text>
How shallow minded you are. How about the faith based companies who are being forced to violate their religious beliefs? I bet you would get upset if your tax dollars went to support orphanages because you think they should be aborted rather than being given up for adoption.
Again, more irrelevance ! Please indicate the rapport with the IRS. How about that 6,000 lawsuits source please? You did say yesterday, pretending I did not have a proper link for murder rates,(you've been quiet on this - stuffed?), that you ALWAYS supplied links. Tell you what, even if your link does not work, five it to me, I'll follow the instructions as you should've followed my link's instructions. I 'm not afraid, but you are as you are never wrong.
El Cid

Jacksonville, FL

#164844 Jul 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Certain days, your obsession with Clinton's penis and Monica's cigar just pop up. Too much pressure from within, has to burst through. Well, today, it's gays with accents. What next, Rogue?
Do you even know who El Cid is? The other day, I relied in Castellano but got no reply. Is Castellano not El Cid's language?
Why do you assume that I speak any other language besides English? Are you profiling people once again?
Oh, girl friend is starting to wake up. Ya know with her odd work schedule she never quite gets her body clock back to normal. I'll catch you later if I have the time.
Oh, for those of you don't know, my g-friend is a nurse and works third shift, 11:00 pm until 7:00 am and even on her days off, she is lucky to go to sleep before three am, which is tough on me! Thank gawd we are only together about two days a week.

Ottawa

#164845 Jul 20, 2013
El Cid wrote:
Obviously Jacqueau has never heard of our First Amendment. Why to you think our founders put religious freedom in the First Amendment and the right to bear arms in the Second Amendment and our other rights after those?
Lawsuits Against Obamacare Birth-Control Mandate Begin This Week, 22 May 2013 By Courtney Coren
Lawsuits challenging the birth-control mandate in Obamacare are to be heard by federal appeals courts beginning Wednesday, as private businesses opposed, on religious grounds, to the healthcare requirement try to push the issue to the Supreme Court.
Two of the cases start Wednesday in the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals in Chicago. Oral arguments in three other cases are to be heard in other appeals courts by early June, according to Politico.
The challenges — cases brought by a crafts store, an auto-parts manufacturer, a contractor, a woodworker, and light manufacturer — all argue that the Obamacare requirement that insurance plans cover birth control violates the religious beliefs of the owners, and the companies should receive the same waiver or exemption as nonprofit religious organizations.
Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/US/Obamacare-birth-con...
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!
à

Still looking for that elusive 6000 number of lawsuits. Not saying it's not true, just asking for a link. You did say you always supplied links...just give me a link and I will thank you for it.
El Cid

Jacksonville, FL

#164846 Jul 20, 2013
What a hoot. The Teaxas AG spends all his time suing Obama!!!

TexMessage: Greg Abbott’s All Star boxscore — 27 lawsuits against Obama, 3 vs. Bush
BY HANNAH JEFFREY : July 17, 2013

Greg Abbott often says that an average day’s work as Texas Attorney General goes a little something like this:“I go into the office, I sue Barack Obama and I go home.”

The Texas Republican has sued the federal government 27 times over the course of the Obama Administration on a vast array of topics, including Obamacare, the Voting Rights Act and pollution standards set by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).

The number of times Abbott sued the Bush administration? Just three.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/texas-on-the-pot...
Linktv org

West Sayville, NY

#164847 Jul 20, 2013
RIP

Helen Thomas

A real truth teller!

Ottawa

#164848 Jul 20, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you assume that I speak any other language besides English? Are you profiling people once again?
Oh, girl friend is starting to wake up. Ya know with her odd work schedule she never quite gets her body clock back to normal. I'll catch you later if I have the time.
Oh, for those of you don't know, my g-friend is a nurse and works third shift, 11:00 pm until 7:00 am and even on her days off, she is lucky to go to sleep before three am, which is tough on me! Thank gawd we are only together about two days a week.
Well, ElCid is as Spanish as the come, so I thought...incidentally, why do you hide behind multiple monikers? What IS your problem?

As to your gf, well, too much info.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min John Galt 1,100,623
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Deserve 49,537
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 1 hr Retired SOF 45
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr andet1987 4,658
who here likes pooping themself either in a dia... 2 hr poopforluck 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,380
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr J RULES 68,997
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr edogxxx 97,938
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE