BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Comments (Page 7,244)

Showing posts 144,861 - 144,880 of173,641
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Frank

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Linktv org wrote:
<quoted text>
Back to the 1880s
This is not the first time that America has looked as if it was about to succumb to what might be termed the British temptation. America witnessed a similar widening of the income gap in the Gilded Age. It also witnessed the formation of a British-style ruling class. The robber barons of the late 19th century sent their children to private boarding schools and made sure that they married the daughters of the old elite, preferably from across the Atlantic. Politics fell into the hands of the members of a limited circle—so much so that the Senate was known as the millionaires' club.
Yet the late 19th and early 20th centuries saw a concerted attempt to prevent America from degenerating into a class-based society. Progressive politicians improved state education. Philanthropists—many of them the robber barons reborn in new guise—tried to provide ladders to help the lads-o'-parts (Andrew Carnegie poured millions into free libraries). Such reforms were motivated partly out of a desire to do good works and partly out of a real fear of the implications of class-based society. Teddy Roosevelt advocated an inheritance tax because he thought that huge inherited fortunes would ruin the character of the republic. James Conant, the president of Harvard in 1933-53, advocated radical educational reform—particularly the transformation of his own university into a meritocracy—in order to prevent America from producing an aristocracy.
United States in the 1880's was the start of the greatest industrial revolution in the history of the world. By the time the United States defeated the navy of Spain to liberate millions of people around the world, United States had become known to all civilized people as one of the greatest nations in the history of the earth. Legacy fortunes are still a problem because they don't want the every day worker to take dollars out of their pockets,but the liberals don't know how to deal with the problem nor do they understand that massive inflation is not best way to to give the average worker a chance to prosper. The liberals should be more concerned about the entertainers and new rich that are causing uber inflation by collecting pay that is more than the working person could earn or spend in multiple lifetimes.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't see your post / paste. I just know that they have become sensitive to lengthy paste. I have no idea why. The reason you should talk to topix us that they are the only ones (to my knowledge) that may be able to address your issue
You do realize a "link" takes up very little room, right? Length had nothing to do with it. Plagiarism isn't even an issue here.
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Boring evening. Even by Birfoon fable standards. Have a nice weekend. Please try to dream up some new material for me to laugh at
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Learn to Read wrote:
Guess (for Romper). Blame Rouge. He pastes in "real" sources.( As opposed to the KY team that paste in crap from sites that are just happy to learn that someone visited)
Always having to pin blame somewhere, huh? Why would I blame Rogue? Reaching a bit aren't you?
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Learn to Read wrote:
Boring evening. Even by Birfoon fable standards. Have a nice weekend. Please try to dream up some new material for me to laugh at
Whew!!! I thought you were going to ask me out for a drink again. LMAO!

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right jackiepoo. This is "our" country and will remain so. And you'll remain a wannabe. Too bad lil man. Oh wait, I feel a jackfish response coming on.....HOW IT MUST SUCK TO BE YOU! LMAO! Epic Failure
It may not be my country, but then it's not natural born wojar's or LTR's either, right?

Where do you and your ilk get off saying "This is OUR country?"

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, dodo bird, we have cities with larger populations than quite a few of those countries! My post really was removed and I bet you're the one that complained about it. child
Yes, Mr Liars, imaginary post with numbers refuting my numbers. If there is no profanity in the post, which is unlikely, but let's say there is not, why should Topix heed any request to cancel your post? There are no such refuting numbers, clod, my numbers are correct and you can't stand it. Have you post deleted! Don't flatter yourself, particularly as everyone here knows there was no post.

You wrote : "
Uh, dodo bird, we have cities with larger populations than quite a few of those countries"

You do? The largest cities in the world are NOT in the United States. From memory, metropolitan populations, and try to refute them, and I shall be conservative, Tokyo, 20 million, Beijing,15 million, Shanghai, 15 million, London UK 12 million, Mexico city, 20 million, Buenos Aires, 12 million, Sao Paulo, 20+ million, New Delhi, 15+ million, Toronto, 3.5+ million, which, I believe puts it in the top 5 American-Canadian cities. Berlin, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Paris, Rome, Moscow and so many more that have as many citizens or more than most major US cities. Why do you insist on projecting your ignorance for all to see?

Send the refuting numbers to my mail, just click my name. That way,no deleting it and I will reproduce it here. Deal? I'm registered, you see. Oh, you're not. How come?

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Linktv org wrote:
<quoted text>
Much Obliged for the Canadian lesson.
Might makes right in this world, always did, and always will, unfortunately.
You see I am in a quandary because I will never vote for another corporate Democrat like Clinton and Obama or any of the corporate hack Democrats in New York.
Most Americans see Clinton/Obama as liberal and Reagan/Bush as conservative.
I Do Not Subscribe to that view.
Too me there is very little difference between James Carville and Karl Rove.
Both are corporate hack prostitutes.
Jacques believe it or not I am still a registered Republican.
Truth is stranger than fiction. LOL, I kid you not!
I cannot in good conscience continue with the lesser of two evils argument.
Liberal/Progressives need a clean break from Centrist Corporate Democrats and their minions talking air heads in Mainstream media.
The sad truth is the majority of Liberal/Progressives do not realize how Clinton and Obama sold us out.
Same is true of how Conservatives continue to be apologists for Reagan/Bush/Cheney implementing policies that hurt average Middle Class Americans.
Even though I strongly disagree with the Tea Bags I was encouraged by their rank and file.
Then I learned Karl Rove, Newt Gingrich, Dick Armey and the Koch Brothers were all behind them.
Very Sad, but very true.
==========
The only thing new in the world is the history you don’t know.
Harry S. Truman
====
Ecclesiastes 1:9
9 What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun.
I certainly never meant to dispense a lesson, particularly you who needs no lesson from me.

I am lucky, as we have four main parties, the Liberal party , the conservative party (now in power) the New Democratic party and the Bloc Québécois (separatist party). All my life, I've voted either for the Conservatives, Liberals or New Democrats, depending on leadership, policies and my local candidate. It's nice to have one or two additional choices I must say, as long as we never go to proportionate voting.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
The article I "had" posted (later removed) went into that very subject. Actually, I think the rate was lower than half of what it is now. Guess Topix felt it was racist. Can stats be racist?
Okay, leave out the "touchy" stuff, post your numbers AND THE SOURCE like I did. Or send it to me direct, I'll post it, you'll see, it won't be deleted. Calling your bluff, BSr supreme.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Justice LRS wrote:
I guess Motown just became Notown!
You see, arrogant boorish LRS, the other day, you finally found a pearl, for you that is, yes, riots in Edmonton and Calgary and were so glad to highlight them for me, and oh how hard it was to conceal your joy, your glee. Left me totally indifferent as I never claimed this sort of thing never happened in Canada. It does, and far too frequently.

Therein lies the difference between you and me.

Detroit just declared bankruptcy. Population down from 2 million to 3/3 of a million in just 30 years. I could've pointed it all out to you, and jumped for joy as would you should Toronto, for example, declare bankruptcy. Know what? Not only am I not jumping for joy, I am sad, so sad that this had to happen. I feel for the Detroiters, and when I think of the retirees who may lose their total pension. I'm sad, not happy.

Rogue and you will of course blame it all on the unions. Damn unions.

I

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if you consider a "link" to an article to be plagiarism, then I suggest you look up the definition.
Send me the link. Short of sending you my link, which for mysterious reasons my machine won't do (it does for other forums and on e-mail, so...) I sent you the whole darn Wikipedia article. What more do you want? Send me the link. I'll reproduce it, if it exists...NOT

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
What you see is the result of Unions forcing companies into pension plans they couldn't afford. Unions are dead. The fact that it is now one big ghetto doesn't help. That teat will go dry sooner or later. It appears "sooner" is the case here. And what happened? Why they went belly-up, of course. No one wants to live in a jungle.
Want to review the histories of GM, Ford, Chrysler, AMC, from 1940 to the early 70s and then REALLY find out who is responsible for this deplorable state of affairs?

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
Subject: Star Trek
The Iranian Ambassador to the UN had just finished giving a speech and walked out into the lobby of the convention center where he was introduced to a U.S. General.
As they talked, the Iranian said, "I have just one question about what I have seen in America."
The General said, "Well, anything I can do to help?"
The Iranian whispered, "My son watches this show called Star Trek and in it there is.... Kirk who is Canadian, Chekhov who is Russian, Scotty who is Scottish, Uhura who is African, and Sulu who is Japanese, but there are NO Muslims. My son is very upset and doesn't understand why there aren't any Iranians, Iraqis, Afghans, Egyptians, Palestinians, Saudis, Syrians, or Pakistanis on Star Trek."
The General leaned toward the Ambassador, and whispered in his ear, "That's because it takes place in the future..."
A repeat of an old Rogue joke, about 6 months ago.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
Subject: Star Trek
The Iranian Ambassador to the UN had just finished giving a speech and walked out into the lobby of the convention center where he was introduced to a U.S. General.
As they talked, the Iranian said, "I have just one question about what I have seen in America."
The General said, "Well, anything I can do to help?"
The Iranian whispered, "My son watches this show called Star Trek and in it there is.... Kirk who is Canadian, Chekhov who is Russian, Scotty who is Scottish, Uhura who is African, and Sulu who is Japanese, but there are NO Muslims. My son is very upset and doesn't understand why there aren't any Iranians, Iraqis, Afghans, Egyptians, Palestinians, Saudis, Syrians, or Pakistanis on Star Trek."
The General leaned toward the Ambassador, and whispered in his ear, "That's because it takes place in the future..."
Oh silly me, you are Rogue.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
It may not be my country, but then it's not natural born wojar's or LTR's either, right?
Where do you and your ilk get off saying "This is OUR country?"
If it's not "our" country then whose the hell is it?

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't see your post / paste. I just know that they have become sensitive to lengthy paste. I have no idea why. The reason you should talk to topix us that they are the only ones (to my knowledge) that may be able to address your issue
LTR, there was no such post, no such link. The man lies like he breathes. My numbers on intentional homicides stand, they are accepted worldwide and he can't stand it. He posted a simple link, not a text, a link and they delete it ON MY REQUEST, so he says. Yes, Mr Liars is soft.

Even Rogue is quiet about it now, he knows.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, leave out the "touchy" stuff, post your numbers AND THE SOURCE like I did. Or send it to me direct, I'll post it, you'll see, it won't be deleted. Calling your bluff, BSr supreme.
You're a mod, aren't you?
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Poor jackfish. If he didn't see it, it didn't happen! LMAO Do yourself a favor and look up how England/UK "record" their murders!

Since: Oct 09

Moreno Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

El Cid wrote:
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
He should have asked Mohammed and he would have cut his head off to relieve his pain.
<quoted text>
How do you know I am totally unaware of the pillars of Islam? Where did Jesus a person MUST donate money? He did say they should, but I do not see where he said they MUST. Jesus believed in self determination.
Is it best to force some one to do charity or just allow they do do what charity they want to do and let God judge their hearts. And is it charity if you force someone to give money? Forcing someone to give money is a TAX, not charity.
How many welfare recipients thanks us taxpayers? Very few while most demand I give them more of the money I earned. Only in America can a person be considered to be poor and have three Obama phones!
Our government is secular Cid and should have no interest in what Jesus or any other religious leader has to say. In a civilized society it is the government’s responsibility to provide for those who through no fault of their own cannot fend for themselves. Same with the safety net. It is there to help folks through hard times.

I find it astonishing that corporate welfare recipients can use your hard earned tax dollars to pay out big bonuses while giving you the finger yet you have the gall to want poor recipients struggling to make ends meet thank you for dumping on them. To be frank you would be the last person on earth they should think. The thanks goes to the government for doing exactly what their supposed to do.

I suppose the biggest misconception you tea potty types have is that all “your” hard earned tax dollars is going to some bum on welfare. Fact is it goes to the IRS same as everyone else’s. Maybe Stephen Colbert can explain it to you better than I can.

Food Stamp Funding
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-repo...

Since: Oct 09

Moreno Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Hummm, I guess George Zimmerman is now a white-black Hispanic?
Photo of George Zimmerman’s black great grandfather
Posted on July 16, 2013
Read more: http://conservativebyte.com/2013/07/photo-of -...
<quoted text>
Ah, I am not the one who is claiming Obama is our first black resident, You Libtards are. I don't care about the color of his skin, You do!
My problems with Pres. Obama is his progressive agenda and that he may not be a lawful president.
Since Obama does not have a progressive agenda I would suggest the problem you have with him may be a bit darker than you seem willing to reveal.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 144,861 - 144,880 of173,641
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min headlinesYoutube 1,072,425
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 38 min Midlothian Composer 97,438
Stop Blaming Chicago Police 40 min joey 5
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 59 min Midlothian Composer 3,817
Beach Towel Racism 1 hr needs another read 30
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr andet1987 397
Negra Nagin gets 10 years-YEAH 2 hr WeStillPay2PutNaginAway 6
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••