BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#164757 Jul 19, 2013
I guess Motown just became Notown!

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#164758 Jul 19, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Y~E~S ...
And WE go by
* The United States Constitution *
It has WORKED for OVER 200 Years!
WE have been the LEADER of the FREE World for THAT long!
People BEG the U.S. to help them!
You can't PLEASE everybody ALL the time!
WE use American English as you say!
NOT the King's English!
Saturday is the Fourth of July, also known as the American holiday Independence Day. I'm American and I think it's fair to say we love the British now--we give British royalty a royal welcome when they visit America--but Saturday is the day we celebrate our independence from Britain, and people often ask me why there are differences between American and British English, so this seems like a good time to answer that question.
Why Do Britons and Americans Spell Words Differently?
The first question is why are British and American spellings different for certain words?
Noah Webster
The first answer is to blame Noah Webster, of Webster's Dictionary fame.
He believed it was important for America, a new and revolutionary nation, to assert its cultural independence from Britain through language.
He wrote the first American spelling, grammar, and reading schoolbooks and the first American dictionary. He was also an ardent advocate of spelling reform and thought words should be spelled more like they sound.
- See more at: http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/gr...
Noah Webster
Discover Noah Webster
Webster's birthplace helps to tell the story of one man's vision and his impact on American culture. Through the promotion of education, laws, human rights, and language, Noah Webster helped to create a national identity for a fledgling nation. Though he accomplished much more during his life, Webster is best remembered for authoring two of America’s most influential books, the "Blue-Backed Speller" and An American Dictionary of the English Language.
http://noahwebsterhouse.org/
We don't have an official language. Seriously...look it up.

About half the states have an official language but no official federal language exist.

And it certainly is NOT in the Constitution.

95% of the population feel they speak English well. A quick trip to your local Wal-mart will destroy that stat.

We have been the leader of the free world since WWII (68 years)... Not 200 years.

American English is relative to where you live. Actual English is the queen's English.

We have a distorted form of English mainly due to what we are. A melting pot. We have words from over 50 languages. And since we are a country of immigrants they are pronounced lots of different ways.

People from Pittsburgh sound nothing like people from Alabama. People in West Virginia sound nothing like Californians.

Webster modified our language about as much as Jeff Foxworthy has.

"Wimmen"..."tun g"....seriously? All the guy did was spell words as people pronounced them.

None of it made it into the final product.

Save insignificant changes such as "Theater" for "Theatre"

The guy wasn't exactly reinventing the wheel.

What he did manage to accomplish was the first set of copy write laws...thanks to his brother Daniel.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#164759 Jul 19, 2013
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
I love the Constitution. I love that it protects your right to be loud and stupid. I love that it protects my right to laugh at you. And I love that it confirms that all persons born here are natural born citizens.
"Our country" Sorry - ignorant bigots don't have your own country - just your own uniform
Wasn't aware that a sheet and a make-shift hood was considered a "uniform".
American Lady

Danville, KY

#164760 Jul 19, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't have an official language. Seriously...look it up.
About half the states have an official language but no official federal language exist.
And it certainly is NOT in the Constitution.
95% of the population feel they speak English well. A quick trip to your local Wal-mart will destroy that stat.
We have been the leader of the free world since WWII (68 years)... Not 200 years.
American English is relative to where you live. Actual English is the queen's English.
We have a distorted form of English mainly due to what we are. A melting pot. We have words from over 50 languages. And since we are a country of immigrants they are pronounced lots of different ways.
People from Pittsburgh sound nothing like people from Alabama. People in West Virginia sound nothing like Californians.
Webster modified our language about as much as Jeff Foxworthy has.
"Wimmen"..."tun g"....seriously? All the guy did was spell words as people pronounced them.
None of it made it into the final product.
Save insignificant changes such as "Theater" for "Theatre"
The guy wasn't exactly reinventing the wheel.
What he did manage to accomplish was the first set of copy write laws...thanks to his brother Daniel.
That IS WHY
it IS called!

The FREE World ...

dumchit!

There ARE STIPULATIONS on ANYONE ...
Wellllllll ... used to BE ...

On BECOMING an AMERICAN *Citizen*...

Adhere to American ways!
``````````
What Does It Take to Become a U.S. Citizen?
You can become an U.S. citizen by birth, through a process called "naturalization," through "derivative citizenship," or through "acquired citizenship."

Naturalization

A process where you show Immigration – the government agency that regulates questions of citizenship -- that you meet certain legal requirements for becoming a U.S. citizen is called "naturalization."

You must have "good moral character" to become a naturalized U.S. citizen. This does not necessarily mean the same as a "good person," as opposed to a "bad person." This is only a legal phrase. You might know a person whom you think of as a "good person" but Immigration might consider this person to lack "good moral character" and deny him or her citizenship.“Good moral character” is not the only requirement for naturalization. Find a complete list of the other general requirements for naturalization at: http://www.uscis.gov/naturalization .

If a person meets all the naturalization requirements, they can apply for naturalization. Immigration will send out an interview notice several months after the naturalization application is filed. During the interview, Immigration will go over the application to make sure the citizenship answers are correct. English skills and an understanding of U.S. history and government are tested.

If either the English or U.S. history or government tests are failed, <<<---<<<

a second interview will be scheduled 3 months later to allow more time to study.

If the second interview is failed,
citizenship will be denied. <<<--<<<

Filing again is acceptable, but fees will need to be paid once again.

http://www.congressforkids.net/citizenship_1_...

)8~D>

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#164761 Jul 19, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>^
eh? Is it possible to pick up just anything and cut and paste it?
She has NO power. Her representative, the governor general also has NO power. You did not read the whole thing, for it says very clearly "on the advice of the prime minister", same as they have in the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and some Caribbean islands. Once in Canada's history, the governor general did not follow the Prime Minister's advice (McKenzie King) and he was gone almost immediately , back to England. Since 1952, the Gov Gen is always a Canadian, and often a woman.
The post is good, as it is neutral politically and yes, he can invite a political party to form a gov't. INVITE, I said, he/she has nothing to say about the composition of the gov't. It leaves the tedious tasks of giving awards and medals, receiving letters of credence from new ambassadors and high commissioners, going to funerals to the Governor General, etc, instead of the busy Prime Minister. Do you really think that the Queen of England even rules England? Go back to Pravda.
She seems to be off her meds. Last few post had nearly zero facts in them.

It makes a big deal about how the Queen is ruling over Canada...even as her own "copy and paste" states that for all practical purposes she has zero to do with Govt.

I don't really care what form of christian she claims to be...but if it happens to be a form of Anglican...she is under the Queens boot as well.

As she is "defender of the faith"

All Christians are admitted slaves/serfs. And are appreciative of their chains.

Not sure where the "You have a queen, I don't" arguement goes when you profess servility as the best thing that could happen to you.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#164762 Jul 19, 2013
Linktv org wrote:
<quoted text>
Much Obliged for the Canadian lesson.
Might makes right in this world, always did, and always will, unfortunately.
You see I am in a quandary because I will never vote for another corporate Democrat like Clinton and Obama or any of the corporate hack Democrats in New York.
Most Americans see Clinton/Obama as liberal and Reagan/Bush as conservative.
I Do Not Subscribe to that view.
Too me there is very little difference between James Carville and Karl Rove.
Both are corporate hack prostitutes.
Jacques believe it or not I am still a registered Republican.
Truth is stranger than fiction. LOL, I kid you not!
I cannot in good conscience continue with the lesser of two evils argument.
Liberal/Progressives need a clean break from Centrist Corporate Democrats and their minions talking air heads in Mainstream media.
The sad truth is the majority of Liberal/Progressives do not realize how Clinton and Obama sold us out.
Same is true of how Conservatives continue to be apologists for Reagan/Bush/Cheney implementing policies that hurt average Middle Class Americans.
Even though I strongly disagree with the Tea Bags I was encouraged by their rank and file.
Then I learned Karl Rove, Newt Gingrich, Dick Armey and the Koch Brothers were all behind them.
Very Sad, but very true.
==========
The only thing new in the world is the history you don’t know.
Harry S. Truman
====
Ecclesiastes 1:9
9 What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun.
Well said!

Just one question. What is it about "Tea bags" that you disapprove of?

I read their platform and none of it seems fit for disdain.

I asked this question of someone before and they informed me that it was some rich people that began the movement.

They were unable to expand on why this made the word "Tea Party" or "Tea Baggers" derogatory.

Maybe you can help me out here.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#164763 Jul 19, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't aware that a sheet and a make-shift hood was considered a "uniform".
I was born and raised in the South and I have never seen a person dressed in a robe and hood. I've never been approached by anyone from the KKK either. How can that be?

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#164764 Jul 19, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
That IS WHY
it IS called!
The FREE World ...
dumchit!
There ARE STIPULATIONS on ANYONE ...
Wellllllll ... used to BE ...
On BECOMING an AMERICAN *Citizen*...
Adhere to American ways!
``````````
What Does It Take to Become a U.S. Citizen?
You can become an U.S. citizen by birth, through a process called "naturalization," through "derivative citizenship," or through "acquired citizenship."
Naturalization
A process where you show Immigration – the government agency that regulates questions of citizenship -- that you meet certain legal requirements for becoming a U.S. citizen is called "naturalization."
You must have "good moral character" to become a naturalized U.S. citizen. This does not necessarily mean the same as a "good person," as opposed to a "bad person." This is only a legal phrase. You might know a person whom you think of as a "good person" but Immigration might consider this person to lack "good moral character" and deny him or her citizenship.“Good moral character” is not the only requirement for naturalization. Find a complete list of the other general requirements for naturalization at: http://www.uscis.gov/naturalization .
If a person meets all the naturalization requirements, they can apply for naturalization. Immigration will send out an interview notice several months after the naturalization application is filed. During the interview, Immigration will go over the application to make sure the citizenship answers are correct. English skills and an understanding of U.S. history and government are tested.
If either the English or U.S. history or government tests are failed, <<<---<<<
a second interview will be scheduled 3 months later to allow more time to study.
If the second interview is failed,
citizenship will be denied. <<<--<<<
Filing again is acceptable, but fees will need to be paid once again.
http://www.congressforkids.net/citizenship_1_...
)8~D>
\

What the hell are you talking about?

You are amazingly unintelligent, unusually inarticulate and you seem to be proud of it.

The above has ZERO....NADA....NOTHING to do with my response to you.

You said English was our official language...you were wrong.
You said it was in the Constitution....you were wrong.
You said we have lead the free world for 200 years....wrong...again.

NONE of your contribution to your own post was factual in any sense of the word.

I am now becoming aware of why you rely solely on cut and paste.

"Dumchit" is that one of your fancy 'Merican words?

If you are going to curse...grab some nerve and do it witch.

I am out for the day...continue beating down reality with your G.E.D. and your right click.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#164765 Jul 19, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said!
Just one question. What is it about "Tea bags" that you disapprove of?
I read their platform and none of it seems fit for disdain.
I asked this question of someone before and they informed me that it was some rich people that began the movement.
They were unable to expand on why this made the word "Tea Party" or "Tea Baggers" derogatory.
Maybe you can help me out here.
I suspect the character assassination of Palin by the Dims and the media has something to do with it. The tactics Dims use are nothing short of deplorable.
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#164766 Jul 19, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>The Cleveland Indians have already changed their name as well. They are now the Cleveland Engines.
Not one of your better efforts
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#164767 Jul 19, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>The article I "had" posted (later removed) went into that very subject. Actually, I think the rate was lower than half of what it is now. Guess Topix felt it was racist. Can stats be racist?
Probably deleted for plagiarism. Just a guess since I didn't get to see the mythical post
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#164768 Jul 19, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
I guess Motown just became Notown!
Perhaps. May need to explain to Rouge the differences between federal and State constitutions, statutes and courts. In any event, Detroit an incredible example of failed corporate, labor, tax (see SBT debacle) and govt policies all converging in perfect storm of stupidity
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#164769 Jul 19, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>Wasn't aware that a sheet and a make-shift hood was considered a "uniform".
Was it that obvious?

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#164770 Jul 19, 2013
Kanye West Investigated In Alleged Beating Of Paparrazo At LAX
_______

Los Angels police launced a battery investigation Friday after rapper Kenya West allegedly beat a photogarpher for shooting pictures of him at Los Angeles International Airport.....(Read all about it)

Chicago Tribune
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#164771 Jul 19, 2013
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably deleted for plagiarism. Just a guess since I didn't get to see the mythical post
Well, if you consider a "link" to an article to be plagiarism, then I suggest you look up the definition.
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#164772 Jul 19, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>Well, if you consider a "link" to an article to be plagiarism, then I suggest you look up the definition.
Talk to topix. Just a hint
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#164773 Jul 19, 2013
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps. May need to explain to Rouge the differences between federal and State constitutions, statutes and courts. In any event, Detroit an incredible example of failed corporate, labor, tax (see SBT debacle) and govt policies all converging in perfect storm of stupidity
What you see is the result of Unions forcing companies into pension plans they couldn't afford. Unions are dead. The fact that it is now one big ghetto doesn't help. That teat will go dry sooner or later. It appears "sooner" is the case here. And what happened? Why they went belly-up, of course. No one wants to live in a jungle.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#164774 Jul 19, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
Kanye West Investigated In Alleged Beating Of Paparrazo At LAX
_______
Los Angels police launced a battery investigation Friday after rapper Kenya West allegedly beat a photogarpher for shooting pictures of him at Los Angeles International Airport.....(Read all about it)
Chicago Tribune
Why do people give this azz the time of day?
El Cid

Jacksonville, FL

#164775 Jul 19, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
The Cleveland Indians have already changed their name as well. They are now the Cleveland Engines.
Subject: Star Trek

The Iranian Ambassador to the UN had just finished giving a speech and walked out into the lobby of the convention center where he was introduced to a U.S. General.

As they talked, the Iranian said, "I have just one question about what I have seen in America."

The General said, "Well, anything I can do to help?"

The Iranian whispered, "My son watches this show called Star Trek and in it there is.... Kirk who is Canadian, Chekhov who is Russian, Scotty who is Scottish, Uhura who is African, and Sulu who is Japanese, but there are NO Muslims. My son is very upset and doesn't understand why there aren't any Iranians, Iraqis, Afghans, Egyptians, Palestinians, Saudis, Syrians, or Pakistanis on Star Trek."

The General leaned toward the Ambassador, and whispered in his ear, "That's because it takes place in the future..."
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#164776 Jul 19, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>What you see is the result of Unions forcing companies into pension plans they couldn't afford. Unions are dead. The fact that it is now one big ghetto doesn't help. That teat will go dry sooner or later. It appears "sooner" is the case here. And what happened? Why they went belly-up, of course. No one wants to live in a jungle.
Simplistic. Nothing you say is untrue but the collapse of Detroit includes more culprits than that

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min harmonious 1,125,411
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 41 min KiMare 50,603
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 43 min Frijoles 70,022
$15/hr. for fast food employees..... 46 min joey 2
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Grau 68,643
Lou Holtz nails it! 3 hr GiveLouAShot 13
A General's Point of View. 3 hr Gen_Geo Parton 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance