BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...
Comments
144,781 - 144,800 of 176,786 Comments Last updated 9 min ago
Linktv org

West Sayville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
I would rather have a bumbling dinosaur of a govt. that gets next to nothing done....
Than a govt. where everything falls into place and they can move their agendas.
How NAFTA isn't some sort of treason...I can't understand.
Bush did everything he could to make the president completely untouchable...Now, Obama has precedent and was in full sprint as he was handed the batton.
Just seems that the more they accomplish...the worse off America becomes.
These two videos proves you 100% correct.

Your statement of: Just seems that the more they accomplish...the worse off America becomes.

That is because the Republican and Democratic parties do not represent average Joe and average Jane.

==========

Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999-Part 2
http://tinyurl.com/ccs348

Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999-Part 1
http://tinyurl.com/dfnkuu
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Justice LRS wrote:
I think an introduction to all major religions should be taught in schools.
You can take theology in college.
The computer teaches us more than any teacher.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Linktv org wrote:
<quoted text>
Jacques you have a preoccupation with the lesser of two evils.
That concept is what both corrupt corporate political parties Democrats and Republicans thrive on.
They use that to divide and conquer the masses.
Smaller Government does not exist in the Republican party.
Single Payer Medicare For All does not exist in the Democratic party.
Yet most of the population still believes Reagan and the Bush's are conservatives and Clinton/Obama are liberals.
We are in a war my friend and WE THE PEOPLE continue to lose while the wealthy few and Congress continue to win.
==========
Indiana’s Anti-Howard Zinn Witch-hunt
July 18, 2013 / http://tinyurl.com/md8c4ps
Howard Zinn, author of A People’s History of the United States, one of the country’s most widely read history books, died on January 27, 2010. Shortly after, then-Governor of Indiana Mitch Daniels got on his computer and fired off an email to the state’s top education officials:“This terrible anti-American academic has finally passed away.”
But Gov. Daniels, now president of Purdue University, was not content merely to celebrate Howard Zinn’s passing. He demanded that Zinn’s work be hunted down in Indiana schools and suppressed:“The obits and commentaries mentioned his book ‘A People’s History of the United States’ is the ‘textbook of choice in high schools and colleges around the country.’ It is a truly execrable, anti-factual piece of disinformation that misstates American history on every page. Can someone assure me that is not in use anywhere in Indiana? If it is, how do we get rid of it before more young people are force-fed a totally false version of our history?”
http://zinnedproject.org/2013/07/indianas-ant...
Teaching A People’s History
http://zinnedproject.org/
You have no idea how your conception of how history is taught is in agreement with mine. I first learned Canadian history in Catholic French-language school. Oh boy, were the English and their allies, the Iroquois, the bad guys. Not one good thing about them. I was full of bluster against those damn redcoats and their Indian allies. Then later, I got in touch with the English version of Canadian history. Oh man, those evil Frenchmen Papist Catholics ! And their nasty allies, the Algonquins and Hurons. Needless to say, I was taken aback. With maturity came common sense, I some research, and I'm now more comfortable with what I think is the truth, gleaned through books, conversations, etc. Both sides lied of course and both sides gave what they felt was their version of the truth. Pretty much the same as in your country. One thing both sides pretty much avoided, though, was the god-awful mistreatment they heaped on the native peoples. Right up until the 1950s and oontinuing in a more subtle manner up to today. We treated (treat) our native people like sh*t, still do but assuage our guilt by throwing money at their chiefs, not the peons. We never had many black people up until the early 80s, so we treated them pretty well because their low numbers were not a threat. Now they are more numerous and we're finding out that we've been "holier than thou" when commenting on treatment of blacks by Americans. Yes, we are no better, no worse, than you guys, which is not saying much.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Jacques,
That was a splendid commentary. I will have to check out and read for myself 'The People's History of the United States'.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
That was a splendid commentary. I will have to check out and read for myself 'The People's History of the United States'.
Thank you. Historians do tend to be a tad subjective, so one has to read many versions.
Frank

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, make way for Castellano, my friend, like it or not.
BTW, what is wrong with having many people speaking many languages, as long as they all speak English. I know most birthers like you think that polyglots are communists. Sigh.
The official language of the United States is American English. The official citizenship of the United States is United States citizen. If someone is a United States citizen they can't be a half United States citizen. Our country choose American English centuries ago,that is our language.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

<quoted text>
Please cease displaying your boorish ignorance when all can see you have no come-back due to lack of ...well, everything. Your ad hominem bullying responses have their limits and they are taxing everyone's patience, including even your birther brethren like Rogue and cross-dressing Bolshevik un-American lady.
We've seen it all now, however unbelievable the ignorance and hate that you harbour. Go back to your rock, slither over, hide your shame.
jackfish, no one gives a rat's azz what you think. BTW, I see you must have complained (typical) and had my post about murder rates removed. Now, why don't you head back north where you belong! You have a very vile mind.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

<quoted text>
Sorry, overestimated you again. Pretending? NOT. You really don't know, do you? If you can't click, you're lost.
This coming from the complete bonehead who can't (more like won't) post a link? Good one, spike.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

<quoted text>
I have. You. And yes, it's true, I admit I have a hard time explaining your ignorance.
barfly, you have trouble explaining a dirt clod! Better have those cheap, inferior meds from China checked out.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Frank wrote:
<quoted text>The official language of the United States is American English. The official citizenship of the United States is United States citizen. If someone is a United States citizen they can't be a half United States citizen. Our country choose American English centuries ago,that is our language.
Y~E~S ...
And WE go by

* The United States Constitution *

It has WORKED for OVER 200 Years!
WE have been the LEADER of the FREE World for THAT long!

People BEG the U.S. to help them!

You can't PLEASE everybody ALL the time!

WE use American English as you say!
NOT the King's English!

Saturday is the Fourth of July, also known as the American holiday Independence Day. I'm American and I think it's fair to say we love the British now--we give British royalty a royal welcome when they visit America--but Saturday is the day we celebrate our independence from Britain, and people often ask me why there are differences between American and British English, so this seems like a good time to answer that question.

Why Do Britons and Americans Spell Words Differently?

The first question is why are British and American spellings different for certain words?

Noah Webster

The first answer is to blame Noah Webster, of Webster's Dictionary fame.

He believed it was important for America, a new and revolutionary nation, to assert its cultural independence from Britain through language.

He wrote the first American spelling, grammar, and reading schoolbooks and the first American dictionary. He was also an ardent advocate of spelling reform and thought words should be spelled more like they sound.

- See more at: http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/gr...

Noah Webster

Discover Noah Webster

Webster's birthplace helps to tell the story of one man's vision and his impact on American culture. Through the promotion of education, laws, human rights, and language, Noah Webster helped to create a national identity for a fledgling nation. Though he accomplished much more during his life, Webster is best remembered for authoring two of America’s most influential books, the "Blue-Backed Speller" and An American Dictionary of the English Language.

http://noahwebsterhouse.org/

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
barfly, you have trouble explaining a dirt clod! Better have those cheap, inferior meds from China checked out.
You're right. Mind having your two beautiful nurse girl friends and their world-famous Nobel-prize MD brother check mine out? Maybe they will be able to explain why our life expectancy is 3 years more than yours.

Finally, yes a dirt clod like you is hard to explain. I can't.

I've told you before, insignificant crud. Quit while you're merely behind.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Y~E~S ...
And WE go by
It has WORKED for OVER 200 Years!
WE have been the LEADER of the FREE World for THAT long!
People BEG the U.S. to help them!
You can't PLEASE everybody ALL the time!
WE use American English as you say!
NOT the King's English!
Saturday is the Fourth of July, also known as the American holiday Independence Day. I'm American and I think it's fair to say we love the British now--we give British royalty a royal welcome when they visit America--but Saturday is the day we celebrate our independence from Britain, and people often ask me why there are differences between American and British English, so this seems like a good time to answer that question.
Why Do Britons and Americans Spell Words Differently?
The first question is why are British and American spellings different for certain words?
Noah Webster
The first answer is to blame Noah Webster, of Webster's Dictionary fame.
He believed it was important for America, a new and revolutionary nation, to assert its cultural independence from Britain through language.
He wrote the first American spelling, grammar, and reading schoolbooks and the first American dictionary. He was also an ardent advocate of spelling reform and thought words should be spelled more like they sound.
- See more at: http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/gr...
Noah Webster
Discover Noah Webster
Webster's birthplace helps to tell the story of one man's vision and his impact on American culture. Through the promotion of education, laws, human rights, and language, Noah Webster helped to create a national identity for a fledgling nation. Though he accomplished much more during his life, Webster is best remembered for authoring two of America’s most influential books, the "Blue-Backed Speller" and An American Dictionary of the English Language.
http://noahwebsterhouse.org/
You know zilch about language. You know zilch about pretty much everything. You're a Marxist-Leninist-Bolshevik and yet you haven't even read Das Kapital. You do know about cut-and-paste, though, as your above post amply shows.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
jackfish, no one gives a rat's azz what you think. BTW, I see you must have complained (typical) and had my post about murder rates removed. Now, why don't you head back north where you belong! You have a very vile mind.
I have not complained;

I have not had any of your poorly-crafted posts removed. Hell, I wouldn't even know how to do that;

But most important, Mr Liars, you never posted murder rates. Else, they would be the same ones I posted. Everyone here knows you posted nothing of the sort.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

LRS : I did post numbers, copied directly from the Wikepedia web page and based on a report by "Geneva Declaration on Armed Violence and Development."

Do you think I imagined what follows and typed it all out? Now be a man, comments please, avoiding ad hominem, raging mad threats as the truth hurts and those numbers which I had deleted LMAO (LRS tm reg'd)
<quoted text>
Here's the whole Link, with shortened explanation. You know darn well I can't for some reason, post it, it doesn't work. If yu cannot get to it with this information, then it's obvious, like your bosom buddy LRS, that you don't like the truth. Which, as I said to him and contrary to you two if something bad happens to us, does not in the least rejoice me.
List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_in... ;
List of countries by intentional homicide rate per year per 100,000 inhabitants. The reliability of underlying national murder rate data may vary. The legal ...
The study was undertaken by Geneva Declaration on Armed Violence and Development. Would you trust that?
Here,murders per 100,000 :
Canada 1.6 554 Americas Northern America
United States 4.8 14,748 Americas Northern America
Argentina 3.4 1,360 Americas South America
China 1.0 13,410 Asia Eastern Asia
Taiwan 3.2 743 Asia Eastern Asia
North Korea 15.2 3,658 Asia Eastern Asia
Hong Kong 0.2 17 Asia Eastern Asa
Japan 0.4 506 Asia Eastern Asia
Singapore 0.3 16 Asia South-Eastern Asia
Thailand 4.8 3,307 Asia South-Eastern Asia
Timor-Leste 6.9 75 Asia South-Eastern Asia
Vietnam 1.6 1,346 Asia South-Eastern Asia
Georgia 4.3 187 Europe Eastern Europe
Hungary 1.3 133 Europe Eastern Europe
Poland 1.1 436 Europe Eastern Europe
Moldova 7.5 267 Europe Eastern Europe
Romania 2.0 421 Europe Eastern Europe
Russia 10.2 14,574 Europe Eastern Europe
Slovakia 1.5 84 Europe Eastern Europe
Ukraine 5.2 2,356 Europe Eastern Europe
Denmark 0.9 47 Europe Northern Europe
Estonia 5.2 70 Europe Northern Europe
Finland 2.2 118 Europe Northern Europe
Greenland 19.2 11 Europe Northern Europe
Iceland 0.3 1 Europe Northern Europe
Ireland 1.2 54 Europe Northern Europe
Latvia 3.1 70 Europe Northern Europe
Lithuania 6.6 219 Europe Northern Europe
Norway 0.6 29 Europe Northern Europe
Sweden 1.0 91 Europe Northern Europe
United Kingdom 1.2 722 Europe Northern Europe
Albania 4.0 127 Europe Southern Europe
Andorra 1.3 1 Europe Southern Europe
Bosnia and Herzegovina 1.5 56 Europe Southern Europe
Croatia 1.4 62 Europe Southern Europe
Greece 1.5 176 Europe Southern Europe
Italy 0.9 529 Europe Southern Europe
Malta 1.0 4 Europe Southern Europe
Montenegro 3.5 22 Europe Southern Europe
Portugal 1.2 124 Europe Southern Europe
Serbia 1.2 123 Europe Southern Europe
Slovenia 0.7 15 Europe Southern Europe
Spain 0.8 390 Europe Southern Europe
Macedonia 1.9 40 Europe Southern Europe
Austria 0.6 56 Europe Western Europe
Belgium 1.7 180 Europe Western Europe
France 1.1 682 Europe Western Europe
Germany 0.8 690 Europe Western Europe
Liechtenstein 2.8 1 Europe Western Europe
Luxembourg 2.5 12 Europe Western Europe
Monaco 0.0 0 Europe Western Europe
Netherlands 1.1 179 Europe Western Europe
Switzerland 0.7 52 Europe Western Europe
Australia 1.0 229 Oceania Australasia
New Zealand 0.9 39 Oceania Australasia
Had to take some out, not enough space.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You know zilch about language. You know zilch about pretty much everything. You're a Marxist-Leninist-Bolshevik and yet you haven't even read Das Kapital. You do know about cut-and-paste, though, as your above post amply shows.
WHY aren't 'you' on a board for the
Royal baby watch?

For the ... ha ha ha
"possible"
future king!

THAT is who "u" have ruling you!

IF you're EVEN a 'canuck'...

)8~D>
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You're right. Mind having your two beautiful nurse girl friends and their world-famous Nobel-prize MD brother check mine out? Maybe they will be able to explain why our life expectancy is 3 years more than yours.
Finally, yes a dirt clod like you is hard to explain. I can't.
I've told you before, insignificant crud. Quit while you're merely behind.
I just checked my mirrors jackfish, they said YOU LOST! Oh, one question, why would two beautiful nurses want to be anywhere near you? The brother wouldn't give you the time of day. Sorry but you're just not worth the effort.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I have not complained;
I have not had any of your poorly-crafted posts removed. Hell, I wouldn't even know how to do that;
But most important, Mr Liars, you never posted murder rates. Else, they would be the same ones I posted. Everyone here knows you posted nothing of the sort.
Right, jackfish. Why do you make up lies about people? A reflection of your own shortcomings, perhaps? Me-Thinks so!
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

LRS : I did post numbers, copied directly from the Wikepedia web page and based on a report by "Geneva Declaration on Armed Violence and Development."
Do you think I imagined what follows and typed it all out? Now be a man, comments please, avoiding ad hominem, raging mad threats as the truth hurts and those numbers which I had deleted LMAO (LRS tm reg'd)
<quoted text>
You probably did ask Topix to remove my post. That's about how mature you are. Child.
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
Y~E~S ...
And WE go by

And that means that Birfoon fables are meaningless
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
And that means that Birfoon fables are meaningless
IF you do not "believe" in
The United States Constitution ...

YOU NEED to "get the HELL out of OUR Country!

Fable!...

KiSS my "Go To HELL"
-n-
liKe it!

pUnk!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy 8-21 4 min Toj 12
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 min Toj 97,823
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Nuculur option 1,095,954
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Doug77 4,636
last post wins! (Apr '13) 2 hr Concerned_American 320
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr bushi 49,259
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr andet1987 555

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••
Chicago Dating