BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...
Comments
144,681 - 144,700 of 177,384 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#164588 Jul 18, 2013
Therealnews com wrote:
<quoted text>
Al Gore was a weak candidate and he picked a conservative corporate Democrat Joe Liebermann for VP.
You are doing what our friends on the other side do.
You are blaming the innocent victim Ralph Nader instead of everything else that happened.
Ralph Nader had a right to run and did not cost Al Gore anything.
Al Gore even lost his own State of Tennessee and Clinton's State of Arkansas.
In 2004 Jimmy Carter announced to all Democrats do not waste ONE vote for Ralph Nader. He wanted John "Wall Street" Kerry in the White House.
This speaks volumes too me.
Recent History 101: Connect the dots ..........
In 1980 John Anderson ridiculed by the two corrupt parties in collusion with the corrupt corporate mainstream media and corrupt corporate rightwing media.
In 1992 Ross Perot ridiculed by the two corrupt parties in collusion with the corrupt corporate mainstream media and corrupt corporate rightwing media.
In 2004 Howard Dean ridiculed by the two corrupt parties in collusion with the corrupt corporate mainstream media and corrupt corporate rightwing media.
In 2008 Ron Paul ridiculed by the two corrupt parties in collusion with the corrupt corporate mainstream media and corrupt corporate rightwing media. Also in 2008 Mike Gravel, and Denis Kucinich.
In 1992 Clinton would have won by a much larger percentage because Ross Perot was campaigning against Bush, So in reality Perot took votes from Clinton.
Point is the whole system is corrupt!
Gore a weak candidate? Not as weak as GWB, as Gore won the popular vote. Gore lost his own state and Clinton's but fact remains he would've won the presidency if not for Nader. Fact that Carter said what he said makes eminent sense to me. Carter was so right, as it came down to this : You have GWB, Gore and Nader. A vote for Bush is disaster, as would later be proven. A vote for Gore is better, or less bad. A vote for Nader is great but he has no chance in hell of being elected but by taking millions of votes away from Gore, GWB wins. Carter was absolutely right, is what happened. And lest we forget, we are talking election majorities here, not who the candidates associate with in the corporate world.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, vote Democrat always. they are almost as sold out as the Republicans but seem to have, as they have proven over and over again, some kinship and compassion for the ordinary Joe/Jane's welfare. Republicans spend all their time taking care of their friends.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#164589 Jul 18, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
USA, 6 to 20 times the gun murders in West Europe,(it's only 3 times as compared to East Europe), Japan, Australasia, etc. All countries where they have some form of gun control. Societal? Ooookay, Grateful you debunk the 6 to 20 times the murder rate by guns.
And get this straight : I don't believe the US is more or less violent than any other country. Robberies, break-ins, assaults etc are no higher than in comparable countries. BUT give easy access to weapons to one and all and...need I say more?
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already debunked your garbage figures. Need you say more? No, you've made it clear you just don't get it. "And get this straight"! LMAO! You're FOS.
You see, Jacqueau has no problem with people getting murdered by being hammered to death, of axed to death, or suffocated to death so long as they are not shot to death. If you count the total numbers of murders, there is not near as much difference.
Silly Libtards, they think "guns" kill people. But what guns do is make people more equal. A 50 kg woman can protect herself from being raped, and maybe murdered, by a 100 kg man.
Yes, I have gone metric. I no longer weigh 220 lbs, I now weigh only 100 kg. And my love tool is now over over 100 mm long!!! Please note, I did say "over"!!!

Ottawa

#164590 Jul 18, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Why doesn't the rest of the world convert back to standard measures? What is wrong with the mile or the gallon?
<quoted text>
Now, I wish we had gone metric a century ago but you are wrong about standards. The problem is most countries had there won standard. There was the difference in a "pound between the English, the French, the Germans, etc. and no one wanted to sue the other's definition so them accepted a totally new system, the metric system.
How long is a "mile"? It all depends on what country you are from. But how long is a "nautical mile"? It is one minute of Latitude! You see, there are sixty minutes in a degree and there are 90 degrees from the Equator to either the North of South pole and that means there are exactly 5,400 nautical miles ((about 6,200 US statute miles). Now, how far is it in Kilometers? Exactly 10,000!!!
The standard fro both nautical and aeronautical navigation is ..... nautical miles, not kilometers. And for aeronautical altitude they use feet, not meters. If you fly in Europe, you will use knits and feet as that is the International Standard IAW the ICAO (United Nations). Remember, I do have a degree in ... aeronautics!!!
And what do they use aeronautically in the biggest country in the world, Russia?

But all this is moot, Rogue. We are not talking here about aviators and sailors who make up less than 1/10 of 1% of the world's population, we are talking people, you and me, store owners, workers, business people, traders, engineers, doctors, writers, etc and THEY , except 5%, use metric.

Location hidden

#164591 Jul 18, 2013
French livre[edit]
See also: French units of measurement
Since the Middle Ages, various pounds (livre) have been used in France. Since the 19th century, a livre has referred to the metric pound, 500g.

The livre esterlin was equivalent to about 367.1 grams (5,665 gr) and was used between the late 9th century and the mid-14th century.[21]

The livre poids de marc or livre de Paris was equivalent to about 489.5 grams (7,555 gr) and was used between the 1350s and the late 18th century.[21] It was introduced by the government of John II.

The livre métrique was set equal to the kilogram by the decree of 13 Brumaire an IX between 1800 and 1812. This was a form of official metric pound.[21]

The livre usuelle was defined as 500 grams, by the decree of 28 March 1812. It was abolished as a unit of mass effective 1 January 1840 by a decree of 4 July 1837,[21] but is still used informally.

Location hidden

#164592 Jul 18, 2013
German and Austrian Pfund[edit]
Originally derived from the Roman libra, the definition varied throughout Germany in the Middle Ages and onward. The measures and weights of the Habsburg monarchy were reformed in 1761 by Empress Maria Theresia of Austria.[22] The unusually heavy Habsburg (civil) pound of 16 ounces was later defined in terms of 560.012 grams. Bavarian reforms in 1809 and 1811 adopted essentially the same standard pound. In Prussia, a reform in 1816 defined a uniform civil pound in terms of the Prussian foot and distilled water, resulting in a Prussian pound of 467.711 grams.

Between 1803 and 1815 all German regions west of the River Rhine were French, organised in the departements: Roer, Sarre, Rhin-et-Moselle, and Mont-Tonnerre. As a result of the Congress of Vienna these became part of various German states. However, many of these regions retained the metric system and adopted a metric pound of precisely 500 grams. In 1854 the pound of 500 grams also became the official mass standard of the German Customs Union, but local pounds continued to co-exist with the Zollverein pound for some time in some German states. Nowadays, the term Pfund is still in common use and universally refers to a pound of 500 grams.

Russian funt[edit]
The Russian pound (&#1060;&#1091;&#1 085;&#1090;, funt) is an obsolete Russian unit of measurement of mass. It is equal to 409.51718 grams.[23] As of 1899 Russian pound was the basic unit of weight, all other units of weight were formed from it.

Location hidden

#164593 Jul 18, 2013
Skålpund[edit]
The Skålpund was a Scandinavian measurement that varied in weight between regions. From the 17th century onward, it was equal to 425.076 grams in Sweden but was abandoned in 1889 when Sweden switched to the metric system.

In Norway the same name was used for a weight of 498.1 grams. In Denmark it equalled 471 grams.

In the 19th century Denmark followed Germany's lead and redefined the pound as 500 grams.

Jersey pound[edit]
A Jersey pound is an obsolete unit of mass used on the island of Jersey from the 14th century to the 19th century. It was equivalent to about 7,561 grains (490 grams). It may have been derived from the French livre poids de marc.[24]

Trone pound[edit]
The trone pound is one of a number of obsolete Scottish units of measurement. It was equivalent to between 21 and 28 avoirdupois ounces (about 600-800 grams).

Metric pounds[edit]
In many countries upon the introduction of a metric system, the pound (or its translation) became an informal term for 500 grams,

The Dutch pond is an exception. It was officially redefined as 1 kilogram, with an ounce of 100 grams, but people seldom use it this way. In daily life pond is exclusively used for amounts of 500 grams, and to a lesser extent, ons for 100 grams.

In German the term is Pfund, in French livre, in Dutch pond, in Spanish and Portuguese libra, in Italian libbra, and in Danish and Swedish pund.

Though not from the same linguistic origin, the Chinese jin (also known a "catty") has a modern definition of exactly 500 grams, divided into ten cun. Traditionally about 605 grams, the jin has been in use for more than two thousand years, serving the same purpose as "pound" for the common-use measure of weight.

Hundreds of older pounds were replaced in this way. Examples of the older pounds are one of around 459 to 460 grams in Spain, Portugal, and Latin America; one of 498.1 grams in Norway; and several different ones in what is now Germany.

Although the use of the pound as an informal term persists in these countries to a varying degree, scales and measuring devices are denominated only in grams and kilograms. A pound of product must be determined by weighing the product in grams as the use of the pound is not sanctioned for trade within the European Union.[25]

Location hidden

#164596 Jul 18, 2013
<quoted text>
And what do they use aeronautically in the biggest country in the world, Russia?
But all this is moot, Rogue. We are not talking here about aviators and sailors who make up less than 1/10 of 1% of the world's population, we are talking people, you and me, store owners, workers, business people, traders, engineers, doctors, writers, etc and THEY , except 5%, use metric.
Russia knots and feet for international aeronautics the same as their air traffic controllers use ENGLISH just like France does!!! And the ICAO (United Nations) set those rules!!!
So, we are America and we decide what measures to use. But I do agree that we should have gone metric a hundred years ago.

Location hidden

#164597 Jul 18, 2013
International Civil Aviation Organization
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), pronounced /a&#618;&#712;ke&# 618;o&#650;/,(French: Organisation de l'aviation civile internationale, OACI), is a specialized agency of the United Nations. It codifies the principles and techniques of international air navigation and fosters the planning and development of international air transport to ensure safe and orderly growth. Its headquarters are located in the Quartier International of Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

The ICAO Council adopts standards and recommended practices concerning air navigation, its infrastructure, flight inspection, prevention of unlawful interference, and facilitation of border-crossing procedures for international civil aviation. ICAO defines the protocols for air accident investigation followed by transport safety authorities in countries signatory to the Convention on International Civil Aviation (Chicago Convention).

The Air Navigation Commission (ANC) is the technical body within ICAO. The Commission is composed of 19 Commissioners, appointed by the Council. Commissioners serve as independent experts, who although nominated by their states, do not serve as state or political representatives. The development of Aviation Standards and Recommended Practices is done under the direction of the ANC through the formal process of ICAO Panels. Once approved by the Commission, standards are sent to the Council, the political body of ICAO, for consultation and coordination with the Member States before final adoption.

ICAO should not be confused with the International Air Transport Association (IATA), a trade organization for airlines also headquartered in Montreal, or with the Civil Air Navigation Services Organisation (CANSO), an organization for Air Navigation Service Providers (ANSPs) with its headquarters at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol in the Netherlands. These are trade associations representing specific aviation interests, whereas ICAO is a body of the United Nations.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#164598 Jul 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Our country decided to drive on the right hand side of the street,to use 110 volt A/C electrical system,internal combustion engines,and numerous other systems and customs that are generally accepted and in some cases uniquely ours. These were all decisions that were made long ago,if were knew then what we know now,maybe some decisions would have been made differently,but we can't change history unless we are textbook publishers or Democrats who make up their own history.

Location hidden

#164599 Jul 18, 2013
Do you know that during the Hainon Island incident that China with drew from the ICAO!!! Yep, China violated several parts of the ICAO and when Bush called them out on it, they simply with drew from the treaty. And Bush wimped out!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hainan_Island_in...
What would I have done? I would not allow any US air carrier to enter Chinese airspace nor allow their aircraft into ours. I would not allow anyone travelling on a Chinese passport to embark or disembark off of any plane in the U.S. If the wanted to get from the U.S. back to China, they would have to go to a place like Canada but not by plane.
Yep, Bush was a wimp!!!
Frank

Spokane, WA

#164600 Jul 18, 2013
Obama "If they're not spending your premium dollars on health care, they have to give you some money back," not one dime that Obama has wasted on ObamaKare to date has been spend spent on health care or has been used to lower the cost of health care. The cost of health care is rising and the cost of health insurance is doubling.

Location hidden

#164601 Jul 18, 2013
This is a map of where the collision between the Chinese J-8 and the US Navy EP-3 occured. It was over INTERNATIONAL WATERS.
The ICAO says a plane in distress can enter any airspace and land. It also say the plane and crew may NOT be detained. China violated both of those treaty rules. In other words, China had committed an act of war against the United States!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Hainanincid...
El Cid

Jacksonville, FL

#164602 Jul 18, 2013
Frank wrote:
Obama "If they're not spending your premium dollars on health care, they have to give you some money back," not one dime that Obama has wasted on ObamaKare to date has been spend spent on health care or has been used to lower the cost of health care. The cost of health care is rising and the cost of health insurance is doubling.
But health care cost have not gone up in New York or New Hampshire so you lie!!!

Location hidden

#164603 Jul 18, 2013
And here is another Democrat success? Oh yea, when was the last time they had a Republican mayor?!?

Detroit files for bankruptcy protection
Nancy Kaffer, Stephen Henderson and Matt Helms, Detroit Free Press July 18, 2013
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...

Ottawa

#164604 Jul 18, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
French livre[edit]
See also: French units of measurement
Since the Middle Ages, various pounds (livre) have been used in France. Since the 19th century, a livre has referred to the metric pound, 500g.
The livre esterlin was equivalent to about 367.1 grams (5,665 gr) and was used between the late 9th century and the mid-14th century.[21]
The livre poids de marc or livre de Paris was equivalent to about 489.5 grams (7,555 gr) and was used between the 1350s and the late 18th century.[21] It was introduced by the government of John II.
The livre métrique was set equal to the kilogram by the decree of 13 Brumaire an IX between 1800 and 1812. This was a form of official metric pound.[21]
The livre usuelle was defined as 500 grams, by the decree of 28 March 1812. It was abolished as a unit of mass effective 1 January 1840 by a decree of 4 July 1837,[21] but is still used informally.
All well and nice, Rogue, but we can certainly also do some research and most of us, save for a few birthers here, can read. I also know most of the things that you just cut and pasted, but I don't remember ALL of them from memory. The thing I do know is that metric was introduced by Napoleon. As was Louisiana's and Québec's code Napoléon.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#164605 Jul 18, 2013
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh good. More lectures from angry androgynous witch
I "lean" Conservatively RIGHT.
I am a 'heterosexual' FEMALE.
And CALL 'a spade, a spade'...
"I" tell "it" like it IS!

Too bad MORE people do not!
Destroy the 'Political Correctness' policy
-n-
you will SEE more *TRUTH*...

~-~
==========

TRAYVON MARTIN'S FATHER[nickname "Fruit"] CLEANING UP GANG-RELATED PAST

If the apple supposedly doesn’t fall far from the tree, Trayvon Martin’s father Tracy has been pruning his tree of his past to make sure his son’s image isn’t tarnished by it. Photos have emerged of Tracy Martin after his son’s death in which there is a tattoo on the side of his neck with an undefinable word; a later photo shows that tattoo was erased, replaced by a tattoo with two hands clasped in prayer.

Other photos show Martin alternatively posing with a group that brandished the Crips gang finger signs

or stood with a different group in front of raining dollar bills;

both pictures featured Martin making a hand sign that ... gang-related.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...

IMPEACH BOBO NOW !!!@ Christopher Riddle 18 days ago
Exactly what I was thinking & by trayvon's own words ( CREEPY ARSE CR@CKER & ***** to describe Zimmerman ) from the prosecutions witness Jeantel, trayvon was also a RACIST on top of being a PUNK ARSE THUG !!!!! Tracy might still have his son if he was paying attention to what this RACIST PUNK ARSE THUG was up too, I say Tracy knew & either didn't care or was proud, HOW DO YOU LIKE HIM NOW JACK@$$!!!!!!

Maybe Tracy should have spent time explaining to his mental midget of a son that you act like a Chicago THUG & hit people with your fist down here in Florida, people here have the right to put one in your brain pan !!!! This was the reason the STAND YOUR GROUND law was passed here in Florida in 2005 because we were having a big problem with bIacks hit people with their fist & robbing, r@ping & just plain assault & then take whatever they wanted too !!! First off, this isn't Chicago & the bIacks don't run the show down here or any of the 25 other states that have the SYG laws in place !!!

You all notice too how we are having this trial right here in Sanford, we will have no riots, mayhem or chaos down here when Zimmerman is ACQUITTED, I live here & trust me I know bIacks down here know what will happen if they pull that Chicago THUG BS down here, THEY WILL END UP LIKE trayvon DID, IN A BODY BAG as they would deserve !!!!! Notice we had no problems here when the bIacks came here from everwhere to march in protest because Zimmerman wasn't arrested, they knew their place !!! When we had the marches a month later they all stayed near the police station, VERY SMART MOVE ON THEIR PART !!!!!

We don't F111 AROUND down here, you give these THUGS an inch they will take a mile & that is no lie, just look at N.Y.C. & Chicago & the rest, you gave them an inch & now they own you !!!! These CRIMINAL THUGS in these cities aren't even suppose to have guns but these same CRIMINAL THUGS are the only ones who have ILLEGAL GUNS to begin with !! These cities are putting your citizens who obey the law & don't have guns at risk of injury or even possible death from these same CRIMINAL THUGS !!!!
``````````

Sounds like the *truth* to me.

Ottawa

#164606 Jul 18, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
USA, 6 to 20 times the gun murders in West Europe,(it's only 3 times as compared to East Europe), Japan, Australasia, etc. All countries where they have some form of gun control. Societal? Ooookay, Grateful you debunk the 6 to 20 times the murder rate by guns.
And get this straight : I don't believe the US is more or less violent than any other country. Robberies, break-ins, assaults etc are no higher than in comparable countries. BUT give easy access to weapons to one and all and...need I say more?<quoted text>
You see, Jacqueau has no problem with people getting murdered by being hammered to death, of axed to death, or suffocated to death so long as they are not shot to death. If you count the total numbers of murders, there is not near as much difference.
Silly Libtards, they think "guns" kill people. But what guns do is make people more equal. A 50 kg woman can protect herself from being raped, and maybe murdered, by a 100 kg man.
Yes, I have gone metric. I no longer weigh 220 lbs, I now weigh only 100 kg. And my love tool is now over over 100 mm long!!! Please note, I did say "over"!!!
Why, Rogue, why do you insist being shown up on a regular basis on Topix? Why possessed you to write the following? Why again do you state things that you have not checked out? Get a load of the following L

MURDER RATES BY ALL KINDS OF WEAPONS, ANY KIND OF OBJECT INCLUDING GUNS WORLDWIDE PER 100,000 POPULATION :

United States : 4.8
Austria : 0.6
New Zealand : 0.9
Australia : 1.
Germany : 0.8
France : 1.1
Italy : 0.9
U : 1.2
Spain 0.8
Serbia : 1.2
Canada : 1.6

And so on.

Somalia, yes, Somalia, has a lower murder rate, Rogue.

I don't expect I'll hear back from you on this one.

And your gun, oops, love tool, may look better in metric, 2.5 times longer, or so it seems. But 2 inches, whichever way you look at it, is still just 5.08 centimètres.

Ottawa

#164607 Jul 18, 2013
** What possessed...grrr
Frank

Spokane, WA

#164608 Jul 18, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
But health care cost have not gone up in New York or New Hampshire so you lie!!!
According to the numbers provided by New York and by New Hampshire costs have gone up and are projected to continue to go up. Additionally New York State’s Medicaid program is the nation’s most expensive.

Ottawa

#164609 Jul 18, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Russia knots and feet for international aeronautics the same as their air traffic controllers use ENGLISH just like France does!!! And the ICAO (United Nations) set those rules!!!
So, we are America and we decide what measures to use. But I do agree that we should have gone metric a hundred years ago.
Then why do all commercial flights have to convert height and speed to km the moment they enter Russian airspace, at, I believe, under 15,000 feet?(I think but I could be corrected on altitude)(Airliner world).

Why did you have to tell me air traffic controllers use English worldwide? Was that necessary? And what does it have to do with measurements?

FYI, Rogue, you guys are in great company. Did you know that Liberia, Myanmar (Burma), and the United States are the only 3 holdovers worldwide that still use Imperial (English) measures?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 19 min Yeah 1,100,230
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 56 min lmao 46,314
Abby 8-29 1 hr pde 11
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr andet1987 1,452
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr andet1987 569
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr andet1987 4,652
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr J RULES 68,989
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Mimi Seattle 97,933
•••
•••