BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 194624 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#164398 Jul 17, 2013
American Lady wrote:
Al-Qaida Branch Says No. 2 Leader Killed in Yemen
Posted: Jul 17, 2013 7:57 AM EDT
Updated: Jul 17, 2013 7:57 AM EDT
SANAA, Yemen (AP)- The Yemen-based branch of al-Qaida says a U.S. drone strike has killed a former Guantanamo Bay prisoner who rose to become the group's No. 2 figure. The announcement, posted on militant websites, gives no date for the death of Saudi-born Saeed al-Shihri.
http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/22862032/...
http://www.topix.com/forum/us/T0OM8B46539U879...
Wonder "how many" more he took out???
With a 'drone ???
WHAT is "really" happening ...
THAT they are keeping Martin case in the news FOR?
So the drones got one of your buddies. I can understand why you wouldn't be happy.
El Cid

Jacksonville, FL

#164399 Jul 17, 2013
The United States is 3rd in Murders throughout the World.

But, if you take out Chicago, Detroit, Washington DC and New Orleans, the United States is 4th from the Bottom for Murders.

These 4 Cities also have the toughest Gun Control Laws in the United States. That tells a story you won’t hear on CNN.

Another story is that these cities are also run by Far Left DEMOCRATS!......... Imagine that.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#164400 Jul 17, 2013
El Cid wrote:
The United States is 3rd in Murders throughout the World.
But, if you take out Chicago, Detroit, Washington DC and New Orleans, the United States is 4th from the Bottom for Murders.
These 4 Cities also have the toughest Gun Control Laws in the United States. That tells a story you won’t hear on CNN.
Another story is that these cities are also run by Far Left DEMOCRATS!......... Imagine that.
Your interpretation of these figures wouldn't pass muster and would get you an "F" minus in elementary school social studies. Those cities have tough gun controls, yes, but only as far as their city limits. Any one in the suburbs or outside can show a driver's licence and buy as many guns as they want and bring them to Chicago, Detroit, Washington and New Orleans either to use or to sell. Oh, why not mention New York also with the tough gun laws now with a much lower crime rate per capita than other cities? Why does it work there? Maybe because the state has enacted tough gun laws? As long as nationwide gun laws are not enacted, the carnage will continue.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#164401 Jul 17, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Your interpretation of these figures wouldn't pass muster and would get you an "F" minus in elementary school social studies. Those cities have tough gun controls, yes, but only as far as their city limits. Any one in the suburbs or outside can show a driver's licence and buy as many guns as they want and bring them to Chicago, Detroit, Washington and New Orleans either to use or to sell. Oh, why not mention New York also with the tough gun laws now with a much lower crime rate per capita than other cities? Why does it work there? Maybe because the state has enacted tough gun laws? As long as nationwide gun laws are not enacted, the carnage will continue.
Yea, I remember your figures and I disproved them. What a BSer!

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#164412 Jul 17, 2013
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
Rush "From Drugs" Lying Corporatist Limbaugh does not know the definition of words like NAZIS, Fascist, Socialist, Liberal, Progressive, Et Cetera.
In 2008 I voted for Ralph Nader and Ron Paul because the authentic liberal/progressive and the authentic conservative/libertarian were in agreement with each other on many issues. Many Issues!
They both were against the corporate status quo of Obama and McCain.
Rush deals in propaganda. But that is his job.

If the republicans ever needed an actual republican with an outstanding voting record, some realistic ideas and a bit of charisma...

it was last election.

It seriously makes my head hurt trying to figure out how the GOP could ever drop the ball like that. Paul is a rock star. Romney was a mormon.... and they acted as if Paul was coming out of left field.

Voter fraud was prevalent in the early elections.
Polls that he won were just scrapped.
He cleaned house when he was allowed to debate.

And what we wouldn't be seeing right now is... the most awe inspiring espionage machine in the history of technology.

We had our chance.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#164532 Jul 18, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, I remember your figures and I disproved them. What a BSer!
No you did not. You said the main reason was "societal", whatever that meant.
Therealnews com

Oakdale, NY

#164535 Jul 18, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the TEAParty.com ?
The money and leadership already sold out the Tea Bags.

FreedomWorks is closely tied to its founder, corporate lobbyist and former Republican Congressman Dick Armey, whose former lobbying firm DLA Piper that he resigned in August 2009, represents Bristol Myers Squibb, among other pharmaceutical companies.

\\\\\\\\\\

The Wall Street front group FreedomWorks is mobilizing get out the vote efforts for Brown this weekend. FreedomWorks organized the very first tea party protests, and has used its extensive staff and resources to mobilize rallies and advocacy campaigns on behalf of corporate interests. Dick Armey, who as a corporate lobbyist represented AIG, Lehman Brothers, and Merrill Lynch during the bailouit, is the leader of FreedomWorks. FreedomWorks is also funded and chaired by Steve Forbes and Frank Sands of Sands Capital Management.

– The Wall Street front group Club for Growth is strongly “boosting” Brown and is expected to run ads in support for him. According to recent disclosures, the Club for Growth is funded by a $1.4 million dollar donation from investor Stephen Jacksons of Stephens Groups Inc, a $1.4 million dollar donation from broker Richard Gilder, and $210,000-$630,000 donations from at least 10 other investors and financial industry professionals. The Club is also supporting a slate of candidates to repeal health reform, while its other endorsed candidates have opposed a financial truth commission

----

The Real Boston Tea Party was an Anti-Corporate Revolt
CNBC Correspondent Rick Santelli called for a "Chicago Tea Party" on Feb 19th in protesting President Obama's plan to help homeowners in trouble. Santelli's call was answered by the right-wing group FreedomWorks, which funds campaigns promoting big business interests, and is the opposite of what the real Boston Tea Party was. FreedomWorks was funded in 2004 by Dick Armey (former Republican House Majority leader & lobbyist); consolidated Citizens for a Sound Economy, funded by the Koch family; and Empower America, a lobbying firm, that had fought against healthcare and minimum-wage efforts while hailing deregulation.

Anti-tax "tea party" organizers are delivering one million tea bags to a Washington, D.C., park Wednesday morning - to promote protests across the country by people they say are fed up with high taxes and excess spending.

The real Boston Tea Party was a protest against huge corporate tax cuts for the British East India Company, the largest trans-national corporation then in existence. This corporate tax cut threatened to decimate small Colonial businesses by helping the BEIC pull a Wal-Mart against small entrepreneurial tea shops, and individuals began a revolt that kicked-off a series of events that ended in the creation of The United States of America. http://www.commondreams.org/view/2009/04/15-1...

-------

THE LEADERS OF THE TEA BAGS ARE THE SAME PEOPLE WHO DESTROYED AMERICA! Republicans Newt Gingrich & Dick Armey
Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999
Bill Clinton and the Republicans did away with oversight.
President Bill Clinton signed this into law with 54 Republicans voting yes and 44 Democrats voting no./ http://tinyurl.com/5lwv6z
http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_ca...

-------

-------The Tea Party sold out to Wall Street
GOP freshmen, big-bucks donors hobnob at resort
March 16, 2012 / http://tinyurl.com/85yw3o9
Sandy Adams (Fla.), Quico Canseco (Texas), Rick Crawford (Ark.), Bob Dold (Ill.), Sean Duffy (Wis.), Stephen Fincher (Tenn.), Mike Fitzpatrick (Penn.), Daniel Webster (Fla.), Mike Grimm (N.Y.), Nan Hayworth (N.Y.), Jim Renacci (Ohio) and Cory Gardner (Col).
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505267_162-573986...

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#164536 Jul 18, 2013
Jacques,
For as long as Edward Snowden is in Russian territory, Vlad Putin holds the wild card.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#164537 Jul 18, 2013
Jacques,
I think history will side with Snowden.
Therealnews com

Oakdale, NY

#164538 Jul 18, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Rush deals in propaganda. But that is his job.
If the republicans ever needed an actual republican with an outstanding voting record, some realistic ideas and a bit of charisma...
it was last election.
It seriously makes my head hurt trying to figure out how the GOP could ever drop the ball like that. Paul is a rock star. Romney was a mormon.... and they acted as if Paul was coming out of left field.
Voter fraud was prevalent in the early elections.
Polls that he won were just scrapped.
He cleaned house when he was allowed to debate.
And what we wouldn't be seeing right now is... the most awe inspiring espionage machine in the history of technology.
We had our chance.
Follow the MONEY and it almost always leads to the TRUTH.

The Republican Party will NEVER nominate an honest person like Ron Paul for President.

The Democratic Party will NEVER nominate an honest person like Ralph Nader for President.

You have to be a prostitute for Wall Street to be nominated by these two corrupt corporate parties.

Two quick examples:

In 2008 Ron Paul received Millions and Millions of votes all across America and WAS NOT Allowed to speak at the Republican Corporate Convention.

In 2000 Hillary "Corporate" Clinton was being challenged by an authentic liberal/progressive Jonathan Tasini in the New York Democratic primary.

The corrupt corporate New York Mainstream media gave Tasini ZERO exposure.

Totally shut him out.

----------

No Debate: How the Republican and Democratic Parties Secretly Control the Presidential Debates / http://tinyurl.com/4q5vf8 / October 2, 2008
The Obama and McCain campaigns jointly negotiated a detailed, secret contract dictating the terms of all the 2008 debates. This includes who gets to participate as well as the topics raised during the debates. We speak to Open Debates founder and executive director George Farah.
Whats missing however is any concern about the fairness of the very structure of the debate. The Obama and McCain campaigns jointly negotiated a detailed contract dictating the terms of all the 2008 debates. This includes who gets to participate as well as the topics raised during the debates. But the contract remains secret and the Commission on Presidential Debates, a private corporation created by the two major parties, has refused to release the contract to the public.
Open Debates is a non-profit committed to democratizing the presidential debate process. Last month Open Debates and nine other pro-democracy groups called on the Commission to make the contract public.
http://www.democracynow.org/2008/10/2/no_deba...
Therealnews com

Oakdale, NY

#164539 Jul 18, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
I think history will side with Snowden.
Hopefully just like Daniel Ellsberg!

==========

Pentagon Papers
The Secret Briefs and the Secret Evidence
http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB48/...

-------

Where are Iraq's Pentagon papers?
By Daniel Ellsberg | February 22, 2004 / http://tinyurl.com/24etb
AS MORE and more of our young men and women come home from Iraq crippled or in body bags this election season, Americans ask, with increasing urgency, "Why did we send our children to die in Iraq? Was this war necessary?" Indeed, Tim Russert asked the president precisely that on "Meet the Press" a few weeks ago: "In light of not finding the weapons of mass destruction, do you believe the war in Iraq is a war of choice or a war of necessity?"
President Bush replied "It's a war of necessity.... the man was a threat.... the evidence we have uncovered so far says we had no choice."
To the contrary. The evidence uncovered so far says that Saddam was not a threat, to us or his neighbors. Nor -- lacking any evidence of complicity in 9/11 or links to Al Qaeda -- was there a persuasive case that he would have been a significant threat even if he had possessed WMDs.
http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_op...

---------

The Gulf of Tonkin Incident, 40 Years Later
Flawed Intelligence and the Decision for War in Vietnam
http://tinyurl.com/nvkph
http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB132...

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#164540 Jul 18, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
The 2014 elections are looking really RED!
Unions: Obamacare Will Shatter Backbone of Middle Class
By Meghan Foley | More Articles July 17, 2013
The Affordable Care Act now has a formidable opponent in U.S. labor unions. The unions were a key ally in the law’s passage: They spent a large sum of money on the congressional campaigns of Democrats in 2006 and 2008, and union leaders lobbied in favor of health care reform in 2009 and 2010. But with growing worries that the legislation will disrupt the health benefits of its members, America’s largest unions are asking Congress to step in.
“When you and the President sought our support for the Affordable Care Act, you pledged that if we liked the health plans we have now, we could keep them. Sadly, that promise is under threat,” letter said.“Right now, unless you and the Obama Administration enact an equitable fix, the ACA will shatter not only our hard-earned health benefits, but destroy the foundation of the 40 hour workweek that is the backbone of the American middle class.”
http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/unions-oba...
Only in your dream skippy.

Some Republicans could lose re-election if Congress kills immigration reform
http://www.examiner.com/article/some-republic...

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#164542 Jul 18, 2013
Jacques,
I know Barack Obama is extremely disappointed with the Zimmerman verdict. He has the right to feel that way
But his grief is more about the reinforcement of the 2nd Amendment and the power it gives ordinary citizens to protect themselves and not over the loss of any one individual; you, me or someone else.
That's my perspective.
loose
Therealnews com

Oakdale, NY

#164543 Jul 18, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
Melanie Safka - Look What They've Done To My Song Ma
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Cqg3kcwAgsoXX
I remember Melanie.

I didn't recognize her last name.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#164544 Jul 18, 2013
Jacques,
I believe the jury's conclusion that George Zimmerman was undergoing a savage beating which resulted in the tragic end of Mr. Martin's life.
Martin became the deadly criminal whe he got on top of Z and started bashing his head into the ground, if not sooner when he punched him in the nose.
I would have shot him too, but I don't own a gun.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#164545 Jul 18, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
I believe the jury's conclusion that George Zimmerman was undergoing a savage beating which resulted in the tragic end of Mr. Martin's life.
Martin became the deadly criminal whe he got on top of Z and started bashing his head into the ground, if not sooner when he punched him in the nose.
I would have shot him too, but I don't own a gun.
Case closed, and matters not what you and I think, the jury and judge have spoken.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#164546 Jul 18, 2013
LAC MÉCGANTIC TRAGEDY

1. Pretty much everyone now knows about this terrible tragedy;

2. 35 bodies recovered, still 15 missing and presumed dead;

3. 1/4 of the town vaporized, nothing but ashes left;

4. This derailment of an unattended 70-car fuel-laden train was caused by brakes not being set after a small fire broke out in one of the locomotives;

5. Only ONE engineer on duty. Used to be two. Lobbyist got Washington to trim it to one. So, the only engineer on duty left his train on A DOWNHILL slope and went to be at a motel more than 3 miles away. Each car, all 70+ of them, apparently have to have their parking brakes set individually. Was this done? Under investigation. Of course, had they been two engineers, 35 would be easier to set brakes than 70;

6. So, disaster occurred;

7. Latest news : Yesterday, two notable events : a) The cleanup crews employed by M&M railroad, working in stifling heat, heart-breaking environment, walked off the job. Why? M&M did not pay them ; and b), M&M laid off 19 workers, most of them engineers and safety inspectors BECAUSE, AND SINCE THE LINE WAS CUT, there was now no work for them, the very tragedy that was of their making, the line cut also of their making and these guys cannot wait, THEY DON'T PAY THE WORKERS CLEANING UP THE MESS AND THEY LAY OFF 19 WORKERS. As if paying the clean-up crews and retaining the 19 employees would event dent the company's bottom line. And, oh, no advance notice was given of the "firings" and no severance pay.

Rogue, I'm anxious to witness the defence of these nice loving corporate big shots.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#164547 Jul 18, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
No you did not. You said the main reason was "societal", whatever that meant.
More typical BS from you. I most certainly did debunk your bogus numbers. What I said was, violence is a societal problem, just as many experts said. You can't keep anything straight in that noggin of yours. Telling too many lies to keep up with? BSer!
Therealnews com

Oakdale, NY

#164548 Jul 18, 2013
Therealnews com wrote:
<quoted text>
Follow the MONEY and it almost always leads to the TRUTH.
The Republican Party will NEVER nominate an honest person like Ron Paul for President.
The Democratic Party will NEVER nominate an honest person like Ralph Nader for President.
You have to be a prostitute for Wall Street to be nominated by these two corrupt corporate parties.
Two quick examples:
In 2008 Ron Paul received Millions and Millions of votes all across America and WAS NOT Allowed to speak at the Republican Corporate Convention.
In 2000 Hillary "Corporate" Clinton was being challenged by an authentic liberal/progressive Jonathan Tasini in the New York Democratic primary.
The corrupt corporate New York Mainstream media gave Tasini ZERO exposure.
Totally shut him out.
----------
No Debate: How the Republican and Democratic Parties Secretly Control the Presidential Debates / http://tinyurl.com/4q5vf8 / October 2, 2008
The Obama and McCain campaigns jointly negotiated a detailed, secret contract dictating the terms of all the 2008 debates. This includes who gets to participate as well as the topics raised during the debates. We speak to Open Debates founder and executive director George Farah.
Whats missing however is any concern about the fairness of the very structure of the debate. The Obama and McCain campaigns jointly negotiated a detailed contract dictating the terms of all the 2008 debates. This includes who gets to participate as well as the topics raised during the debates. But the contract remains secret and the Commission on Presidential Debates, a private corporation created by the two major parties, has refused to release the contract to the public.
Open Debates is a non-profit committed to democratizing the presidential debate process. Last month Open Debates and nine other pro-democracy groups called on the Commission to make the contract public.
http://www.democracynow.org/2008/10/2/no_deba...
Ralph Nader on People Power: You Don't Have to be Controlled by the Corporations of America / http://tinyurl.com/n4ytynv / July 18, 2013
http://blip.tv/grittv/ralph-nader-developing-...

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#164550 Jul 18, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
More typical BS from you. I most certainly did debunk your bogus numbers. What I said was, violence is a societal problem, just as many experts said. You can't keep anything straight in that noggin of yours. Telling too many lies to keep up with? BSer!
USA, 6 to 20 times the gun murders in West Europe,(it's only 3 times as compared to East Europe), Japan, Australasia, etc. All countries where they have some form of gun control. Societal? Ooookay, Grateful you debunk the 6 to 20 times the murder rate by guns.

And get this straight : I don't believe the US is more or less violent than any other country. Robberies, break-ins, assaults etc are no higher than in comparable countries. BUT give easy access to weapons to one and all and...need I say more?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min scirocco 1,263,855
News Fatal heat wave 20 years ago changed Chicago's ... 9 min Go Blue Forever 7
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 min Earthling-1 54,329
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 23 min PEllen 100,286
amy august 2 27 min PEllen 2
abby august 2 34 min PEllen 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr scirocco 70,147
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages