BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story
Pdamerica org

Sayville, NY

#164143 Jul 16, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
But the trade unions who are forcing their companies into bankruptcy or making them move overseas, are good?
Tell us, how many people get jobs from poor people? And if we force our rich people to leave our country like is happening in Greece, Italy, Spain and France, there goes the tax base. And not tax base means ... less taxes and then the whole country goes bankrupt.
So you and the Republican party still thinks Wall Street downsizing American jobs, tax havens and slave labor overseas are all good things for Americans?

I'm sure the Multi-Millionaires on Wall Street are very appreciative of people like you fighting for them.
Pdamerica org

Sayville, NY

#164144 Jul 16, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Good story, and all true. Oh, Japan has "discovered" maple syrup, is a large importer. BTW, Vermont maple syrup, particularly the dark variety is VERY good. I can't help it, I love Vermont.
And Bernie Sanders is second to none in the Senate.

One of the few liberals in the mold of Paul Wellstone.

A Tribute to Paul Wellstone

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#164145 Jul 16, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
But the trade unions who are forcing their companies into bankruptcy or making them move overseas, are good?
Tell us, how many people get jobs from poor people? And if we force our rich people to leave our country like is happening in Greece, Italy, Spain and France, there goes the tax base. And not tax base means ... less taxes and then the whole country goes bankrupt.
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
So you and the Republican party still thinks Wall Street downsizing American jobs, tax havens and slave labor overseas are all good things for Americans?
I'm sure the Multi-Millionaires on Wall Street are very appreciative of people like you fighting for them.
Did I say that? DID I SAY IT WOULD BE GOOD FOR AMERICA? NO!!! It is over taxation and over regulation that are driving jobs overseas, not the businesses. The businesses are doing what businesses should do which is follow the money.
But people like you think that "profit" is an evil word! But what happens when the 47% of Americans who do not pay federal income taxes become the 60% who do not?!? Don't blame businesses!!!

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#164146 Jul 16, 2013
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
And not to mention Bloor street in Toronto and other western capital financial districts. London, Zurich, Paris, Franfkurt, Milano, Tokyo, Beijing, Singpaore, Sydney come to mind. I'm sure the big guys were deeply saddened when over 1000 women workers died in that factory collapse in Banagladesh, and a few days later, over 500 in a factory fire where exits were sealed (to keep non-unionised workers from escaping?). They were making clothes for North American, European and rich Asian countries. And oh, those rich guys, THEY DIDN'T KNOW about the workers' horrid conditions and low rates of pay, like the ones in China who committed suicide from work pressure and low wages. Child labour? How shocking blurt out the big cheezes when asked about that practice, we didn't know!! We trusted our Bangladeshi, our Chinese contacts to ensure decent working conditions, they stated, as they shed proper crocodile tears, blah blah blah. Let's enjoy our nice cheap clothes, our nice Macs and cellular phones, all made by people who can't afford to buy them for themselves. And let's reap in the profits, most of which stays offshore. Why should we pay taxes on profits made from cheap labour overseas?

Yes, damn unions, says Rogue. Yes, it's their fault for asking a decent wage, a 5-day week, 2 weeks' paid vacation, a hint of sick leave, workplace safety etc. And surely, the wage difference created by unions is what drives jobs abroad...suuuuuure, Rogue, suuuuuure, like reducing wages here (already being done by exporting jobs to the southern US) will put the US on a competitive level with Bangladesh and other slave labour countries that pay $1.00 an hour.

Ottawa

#164147 Jul 16, 2013
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
And he doesn't even get paid. Rogue is a born slave, vassal, serf. Take your pick? All of the foregoing.

Ottawa

#164148 Jul 16, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Did I say that? DID I SAY IT WOULD BE GOOD FOR AMERICA? NO!!! It is over taxation and over regulation that are driving jobs overseas, not the businesses. The businesses are doing what businesses should do which is follow the money.
But people like you think that "profit" is an evil word! But what happens when the 47% of Americans who do not pay federal income taxes become the 60% who do not?!? Don't blame businesses!!!
Rogue, stop defending the 1% for god's sake. Are you one of them? Why're you doing this, agitating against your own self? Even at a barely liveable wage of $15. and hour, how the hell can you compete with slave workers making $1. an hour in Asia and other developing countries? It's not taxes, it's not unions, it's the 1% greed taking advantage of poor workers in poor countries who have no choice but to work for peanuts. Look at your own navel, for heaven's sake. Become a spokesperson for the 99%, NOT the 1%.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#164149 Jul 16, 2013
Jacques,
If stalking were truly illegal the paparazzi would be out of business in a flash.
That's means no more People magazine for inquiring minds.
loose
Pdamerica org

Sayville, NY

#164150 Jul 16, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Wall Street makes more money overseas.....

.... PERIOD.

It has nothing to do with 47% of poor people who cannot afford to pay taxes.

You continue to be an apologist for the wealthy few who own most of Washington DC.

----------

Once a politician leaves office they are allowed to tell the truth.

If they don't take a lobbying job on K-Street.

==========

They're All Against Jobs
by Senator Fritz Hollings / December 20, 2009 / http://tinyurl.com/ydr27ze

Who is against jobs in the United States? The big banks, Wall Street, the Council on Foreign Relations, the Business Roundtable, the United States Chamber of Commerce, the National Retail Federation, Corporate America, the President of the United States, Congress of the United States. Everyone is crying for jobs, but no one seems to understand why there aren't any. And the reason for those opposing jobs is money.
Beginning in 1973, big banks made most of their profit outside of the United States. Industries off-shoring, investing, banks financing the investments, transfer fees, fees and interest on the loans made for bigger profits. Long since, the big banks under the leadership of David Rockefeller have led the way to off-shore and make a bigger profit. Goldman Sachs, AIG, Citicorp and Wall Street, conspiring for a bailout and now using it for bonuses, make more money from the off-shored operations.
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2009/12/20-6

Location hidden

#164151 Jul 16, 2013
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
And Bernie Sanders is second to none in the Senate.
One of the few liberals in the mold of Paul Wellstone.
A Tribute to Paul Wellstone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =-MjcGF1V-wMXX
Paul Wellstone probably contributed to his own death. Sure, it is probably pilot judgement but the judgement not to takeoff was probably influenced by Sen. Wellstone pressuring the pilots to go when they should not have.
I have told a few senior officers that the weather was not worth the risk and like good senior officers they accepted decision not to fly.
In the early 1970s we had pea soup fog but we still had to preflight the aircraft so I walked down the ramp with my two pilots in training when I started to chase some crows. The crows would "hop" just far enough to stay away from me.
I then walked back to my student and asked them what they learned and they said that I was crazy. To which I replied that that may be true but he crows were smart enough to know not to take off in heavy fog and if a natural born aviator knows when not to take off, maybe we non-natural aviators aught to to take the find and stay on the ground until the fog lifts.
There is a saying, there are old aviators and bold aviators but there are no old bold aviators. Paul Wellstone's pilots allowed themselves to be buffaloed into flying when the probably knew they should not have.
The same thing happened to Buddy Holly.
Pdamerica org

Sayville, NY

#164152 Jul 16, 2013
<quoted text>
And not to mention Bloor street in Toronto and other western capital financial districts. London, Zurich, Paris, Franfkurt, Milano, Tokyo, Beijing, Singpaore, Sydney come to mind. I'm sure the big guys were deeply saddened when over 1000 women workers died in that factory collapse in Banagladesh, and a few days later, over 500 in a factory fire where exits were sealed (to keep non-unionised workers from escaping?). They were making clothes for North American, European and rich Asian countries. And oh, those rich guys, THEY DIDN'T KNOW about the workers' horrid conditions and low rates of pay, like the ones in China who committed suicide from work pressure and low wages. Child labour? How shocking blurt out the big cheezes when asked about that practice, we didn't know!!, all made by people who can't afford to buy them for themselves. And let's reap in the profits, most of which stays offshore. Why should we pay taxes on profits made from cheap labour overseas?
Yes, damn unions, says Rogue. Yes, it's their fault for asking a decent wage, a 5-day week, 2 weeks' paid vacation, a hint of sick leave, workplace safety etc. And surely, the wage difference created by unions is what drives jobs abroad...suuuuuure, Rogue, suuuuuure, like reducing wages here (already being done by exporting jobs to the southern US) will put the US on a competitive level with Bangladesh and other slave labour countries that pay $1.00 an hour.
Your Post Is All True.

Dylan had it right back in 1983 when Reagan and Bush were in the White House.

==========

Union Sundown
Well, my shoes, they come from Singapore,
My flashlight's from Taiwan,
My tablecloth's from Malaysia,
My belt buckle's from the Amazon.
You know, this shirt I wear comes from the Philippines
And the car I drive is a Chevrolet,
It was put together down in Argentina
By a guy makin' thirty cents a day.

Well, it's sundown on the union
And what's made in the U.S.A.
Sure was a good idea
'Til greed got in the way.

Well, this silk dress is from Hong Kong
And the pearls are from Japan.
Well, the dog collar's from India
And the flower pot's from Pakistan.
All the furniture, it says "Made in Brazil"
Where a woman, she slaved for sure
Bringin' home thirty cents a day to a family of twelve,
You know, that's a lot of money to her.

Sure was a good idea

Well, you know, lots of people complainin' that there is no work.
I say, "Why you say that for
When nothin' you got is U.S.-made?"
They don't make nothin' here no more,
You know, capitalism is above the law.
It say, "It don't count 'less it sells."
When it costs too much to build it at home
You just build it cheaper someplace else.

Sure was a good idea

Well, the job that you used to have,
They gave it to somebody down in El Salvador.
The unions are big business, friend,
And they're goin' out like a dinosaur.
They used to grow food in Kansas
Now they want to grow it on the moon and eat it raw.
I can see the day coming when even your home garden
Is gonna be against the law.

Sure was a good idea

Democracy don't rule the world,
You'd better get that in your head.
This world is ruled by violence
But I guess that's better left unsaid.
From Broadway to the Milky Way,
That's a lot of territory indeed
And a man's gonna do what he has to do
When he's got a hungry mouth to feed.

Sure was a good idea

Copyright ©1983
http://www.bobdylan.com/#/songs/union-sundown

Location hidden

#164153 Jul 16, 2013
Politicians Killed in Aircraft Accidents and Disasters
http://politicalgraveyard.com/death/aircraft....

Location hidden

#164154 Jul 16, 2013
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
.... PERIOD.
You continue to be an apologist for the wealthy few who own most of Washington DC.
----------
==========
They're All Against Jobs
Who is against jobs in the United States? The big banks, Wall Street, the Council on Foreign Relations, the Business Roundtable, the United States Chamber of Commerce, the National Retail Federation, Corporate America, the President of the United States, Congress of the United States. Everyone is crying for jobs, but no one seems to understand why there aren't any. And the reason for those opposing jobs is money.
Beginning in 1973, big banks made most of their profit outside of the United States. Industries off-shoring, investing, banks financing the investments, transfer fees, fees and interest on the loans made for bigger profits. Long since, the big banks under the leadership of David Rockefeller have led the way to off-shore and make a bigger profit. Goldman Sachs, AIG, Citicorp and Wall Street, conspiring for a bailout and now using it for bonuses, make more money from the off-shored operations.
Sorry, it is impossible for me to educate an Idiotard like yourself. All you are able to do is cut and paste from loony-tooney-lefty sources.

Location hidden

#164155 Jul 16, 2013
Now normally when a pilot has a stroke, his flying carrier is OVER. Especially commercially. To fly commercially you have to have a Class-II FAA flight physical but I only maintain a Class-III as I no longer fly commercially. But I have never heard of a pilot getting his wings back after a stroke.

Former Alaska Sen. Ted Stevens Plane Crash:
NTSB Report Finds No Definitive Cause
By Devin Dwyer

May 24, 2011 12:39pm
ABC News' Lisa Stark (@lisastark) reports: What caused the plane carrying former Alaska Senator Ted Stevens and eight others to crash into an Alaska mountain in August last year, killing the pilot and four passengers, and injuring the others on board? After months of extensive investigation, the National Transportation Safety Board was left with no definitive answer. The Board determined that the probable cause was “the pilot’s temporary unresponsiveness for reasons that could not be established from the available information.” That says the Board did determine that there was no mechanical problem with the plane and that weather was not likely a factor in the crash. It is very rare for staff to work this exhaustively and not be able to come up with a cause, said Board Chairman Deborah Hersman. Investigators did determine that the pilot, for some unexplained reason, turned off course as he was flying the passengers to a fishing lodge. Sixty-two-year-old Theron (Terry) Smith was highly experienced and very familiar with the area he was flying in. Was Smith somehow incapacitated just prior to the crash? Investigators noted the pilot had had a stroke in 2006, and had suffered impairment after the stroke. He worked hard to recover, and was given medical clearance by the FAA to continue flying. Autopsies revealed no indication of another stroke during the accident flight but medical experts testified that some types of strokes may not have left a trace.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/05/...
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#164156 Jul 16, 2013
truman wrote:
<quoted text>You know one of the(many)things that is morbidly facinating about Birtehrs and Teabaggers is the utter and complete lack of self Insight...
I mean they are oblivious to what their MASS rallying around such a dispicable worm like Zimmerman says about THEM and thier idealogy.
I mean is there ANYTHING Wrong Headed and Corrupt they arent instinctually drawn to with the Visceral Force of a Salmon swimming up stream to die??
Did you finish high school?
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#164157 Jul 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes,must be why our life expectancy is almost2 years higher.
Is it in any way possible to advance a more ill-informed and ignorant comment?
Then just keep throwing them down yer old hatch!
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#164158 Jul 16, 2013
P.S. Side effects include aversion to moronic boorish individuals.
Developing an allergy to one's self is one of the side effects.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#164159 Jul 16, 2013
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
.... PERIOD.
----------
==========
They're All Against Jobs
Another unicorn searching for Utopia. LMAO! Unions MUST go.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#164160 Jul 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Your reply is extremely irrelevant. What's new? Obesity, welfare, food stamps...you think we don't have all those things here? It's an even playing field, Rogue, except we have universal health care. Oh, btw, obesity is something you can consult your doctor about here. And it's free. Yes, you will say, we pay taxes, but it's much easier when the burden is shared amongst all working citizens.
You're the most insignificant and irrelevant chimp on this thread. Bar none. Run along foreignboi, you're reeking badly.

Location hidden

#164161 Jul 16, 2013
<quoted text>
And he doesn't even get paid. Rogue is a born slave, vassal, serf. Take your pick? All of the foregoing.
I do get paid off their hard work as do tens of other Americans. It is called Stocks and Bonds. They do most of the hard work but I still have to know when to hold then and when to fold them am between the two of us, I am retired comfortably.
Now, what do you have against Jimmy Buffets brother Warren?

Location hidden

#164162 Jul 16, 2013
Hummmm, we all know how Rachel Jeantel, but how about witness #7? Well, we still don't know her name and the prosecutor would not put her on the stand but she claimed GZ assaulted Trayvon. So if she is the one and only eyewitness to the start of the assault, why did the prosecutors not put her on the witness stand?
Is it because she is loonier than Rachel Jeantel was? You do know that if there is a civil lawsuit against GZ, she will be called to testify. They will also get to use all the stuff that the judge had banded from consideration.
Again , you have zero evidence that GZ even touched Trayvon as there were no wounds to GZ's hand and no wounds on Trayvon that might have been caused by a fist!!!
Go ahead and make even bigger fools of yourselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 21 min RoxLo 1,156,635
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 52 min L Morales 71,302
Chicago police stop black motorists more, ACLU ... 58 min L Morales 11
Southern Illinois Supports Police 1 hr Does not matter 1
Holiday Greetings 3 hr Daddy Warbucks 4
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr Mister Tonka 98,886
Chicagoa s 2014 murder total on track for anoth... 3 hr Did enuf die 6
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago