BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...
Comments
144,141 - 144,160 of 174,860 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Pdamerica org

Islip Terrace, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what does Roberto Calderoli have to do with the price of spaghetti in America? His Lega Nordm (Northern League party) has only about 5% of the seats in the Italian legislature!!!
Now, how many times have you Libtards call me a "cracker" on this forum?
Seems like the rightwing in Italy are also racist.

I am a cracker also BTW.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems like the rightwing in Italy are also racist.
I am a cracker also BTW.
Like a Ritz or Wheat Thins? Salted or unsalted?

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
It was my understanding that once someone is acquitted he or she can never be charged again for the same crimes.
Benton v. Maryland, 395 U.S. 784 (1969),
The key is the expression "same crimes".

According to the Blockburger test if the crimes for the separate prosecutions each contain an element not found in the other, then they are not treated as the same crime and therefore not barred by the double jeopardy rule.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Not double jeopardy violation according to the Supreme Court.
C.f., Jerome v. United States, 318 U.S. 101,(1943)("it should be noted that the double jeopardy provision of the Fifth Amendment does not stand as a bar to federal prosecution though a state conviction based on the same acts has already been obtained. See United States v. Lanza, 260 U. S. 377; Hebert v. Louisiana, 272 U. S. 312.")

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is Republican proven by continuing Bush/Cheney.
Bill Clinton was a Republican proven by all Newt Gingrich Republicans voted for NAFTA, Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act, 1996 Telecommunications, etc. etc. etc.
Both parties are destroying America.
<quoted text>
El Cid wrote:
Ah, i thought bush destroyed Amerika!
<quoted text>
Him too, what two. You speak with forked brain. If country destroyed, who does Obama preside over?
I heard from birfoons that if obama was elected in 2008 that would destroy America; then they changed their tune and said if he was re-elected it would destroy America. Next presidential election we will hear that unless a RWNJ is elected,...."

And we know that every upcoming election is "the most important election in the history of this nation."

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't know what crime must be proven in order to establish probable cause. Perhaps you can tell me?
<quoted text>
Again, FLORIDA law requires probable cause that he was NOT acting in self defence to arrest him. The fact that he shot someone is not evidence of a crime. You do not have to prove it to arrest someone but you have to have proable cause to arrest them.
Remember, AGAIN there are THREE standards.
You need a "Probable Cause" to arrest someone.
You need a "Preponderance of the evidence" to charge someone.
You need "Beyond any reasonable doubt" to convict someone.
At each phase, the evidence must be stronger to continue to the next phase. Now, is that so hard for your pea brain to understand?

Now, what probable cause did they have that GZ was not acting in self defence? Plain and simple. Did GZ commit any crime? If no, they can not arrest him.
Again, it is not a crime to follow someone. And there is zero evidence that he threatened Trayvon either. No evidence is not probable cause.

I liked it when you say there was no evidence that Trayvon assaulted GZ, but there is even less evidence the GZ assaulted Trayvon!!!
Pdamerica org

Islip Terrace, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's say someone was kidnapped and held during a trail against someone accused and found not guilty, but for argument we find that the victim was taken across state lines during the kidnapping, then they could be charged under federal law for the same act.
Technically you can be acquitted in State court and be retried in Federal court.

It will never happened with Zimmerman.
Pdamerica org

Islip Terrace, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is Republican proven by continuing Bush/Cheney.
Bill Clinton was a Republican proven by all Newt Gingrich Republicans voted for NAFTA, Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act, 1996 Telecommunications, etc. etc. etc.
Both parties are destroying America.
<quoted text>
El Cid wrote:
Ah, i thought bush destroyed Amerika!
<quoted text>
Him too, what two. You speak with forked brain. If country destroyed, who does Obama preside over?
Banana republic?

Seems like soon, very soon unfortunately.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

How you Libtards function in society, I have no idea. If you think you have right of way and pull out in front of another car and there is a wreck you don't think you caused it.
About 15 years ago I knew this guy who bought a flushed out conversion van, paid up the insurance for six months and registered the vehicle. Six months later he allowed the insurance to laps and then he caused an accident.
He turned left in front of an oncoming car and they collided and he was cited for failure to yield and not having insurance. He then went out and got his totaled out van insured. He went to court and showed the judge his insurance papers and the judge said they were not valid at the time of the accident and he did not understand why they revoked his drivers licence.
He also did not understand why they charged him with the accident as the other car had hit HIM nor could he not understand my the insurance company would not pay off the damages.
How do you people make it through society with your Libtardian Logic?
Pdamerica org

Islip Terrace, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the Blockburger test if the crimes for the separate prosecutions each contain an element not found in the other, then they are not treated as the same crime and therefore not barred by the double jeopardy rule.
<quoted text>
Very true.

In rare cases technically you can be acquitted in State court and be retried in Federal Court.

Not that common.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar? Looks like I struck a nerve.
"Chris Tutko, director of Neighborhood Watch for the National Sheriffs' Association, said Zimmerman broke some cardinal rules."
Susan Jacobsen, Trayvon Martin: Zimmerman was not following Neighborhood Watch 'rules', Orlando Sentinel (March 24 2012)
http://tinyurl.com/mhb4hw9
"First, he approached a stranger he suspected of wrongdoing."
"Second, Zimmerman carried a handgun. Police departments and sheriff's offices that train volunteers advise them never to carry weapons ...."
<quoted text>
Rules don't equal laws.
Advice doesn't equal laws.
Zimmerman broke no law.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Reid on Zimmerman:‘This Isn’t Over With’
Posted on July 14, 2013

Liberals love to fan the flames of racism.
Check it out:

On Sunday, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) asked for the Justice Department to prosecute George Zimmerman, who was acquitted Saturday night in the killing of Trayvon Martin.“I think the Justice Department is going to take a look at this,” Reid told NBC’s Meet the Press.“This isn’t over with and I think that’s good. That’s our system, it’s gotten better, not worse.”

Read more: http://conservativebyte.com/2013/07/reid-on-z...
Pdamerica org

Islip Terrace, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Trial Court Rulings Terminating Trial Before Verdict

Reprosecution Following Acquittal

http://law.justia.com/constitution/us/amendme...

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

Cops will generally get away with shooting people.

Much like this situation...you will just never know what really happened.

If you rob a bank and the police kill 5 people chasing and shooting at you...

You now have 5 shinny new first degree murder charges to add to your bank robbery.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Reid on Zimmerman:‘This Isn’t Over With’
Posted on July 14, 2013
Liberals love to fan the flames of racism.
Check it out:
On Sunday, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) asked for the Justice Department to prosecute George Zimmerman, who was acquitted Saturday night in the killing of Trayvon Martin.“I think the Justice Department is going to take a look at this,” Reid told NBC’s Meet the Press.“This isn’t over with and I think that’s good. That’s our system, it’s gotten better, not worse.”
Read more: http://conservativebyte.com/2013/07/reid-on-z...
The best thing anyone can say about dirty Harry Reid is he's FOS!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true.
In rare cases technically you can be acquitted in State court and be retried in Federal Court.
Not that common.
Are you two stupid. First, you must be tried within the jurisdiction of that court. A crime committed in Seminole County, FL must be tried in Seminole County. They must try you for all applicable crimes which means if the try you for robbing a convince store, they also have to try you for jay walking after you robbed that store. If they try you only for the robbery then can not try you at a latter date for jay walking.
Now, in a federal crime, they must try you, not necessarily in the same county, but the same federal court district. Under some circumstances that can get a change of venue but they first must prove you could not get a fair trial within your district.
Now, GZ was already investigated by the FBI for civil rights violations and was cleared. They can not reopen the investigation without new evidence, thank you big mouth Barack Obama! And considering that Angela Corey is facing prosecutorial misconduct complaint, they will have to tread water a long time.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Pdamerica org wrote:
Italian senator says black minister has 'features of orangutan'
Roberto Calderoli is condemned after speech in which he also said Cécile Kyenge should work as minister 'in her country'
14 July 2013 / http://tinyurl.com/nkr5u8v
The Italian prime minister, Enrico Letta, has condemned as unacceptable comments made by a senior rightwing senator in which he suggested the country's first black government minister had "the features of an orangutan".
Cécile Kyenge, an eye surgeon who was born in the Democratic Republic of the Congo but has Italian citizenship, has faced repeated racial slurs and threats since being appointed minister for integration by Letta in April.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jul/14/i...
Not surprising as this right wing conservative is a member of the far-right Northern League, the separatist and anti-immigration party and close Berlusconi ally - Indeed, Roberto Calderoli is vice president of the Senate and leader of the right-wing, anti-immigration Northern League party - what else can one expect from these conservatives?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Scrutiny wrote:
Cops will generally get away with shooting people.
Much like this situation...you will just never know what really happened.
If you rob a bank and the police kill 5 people chasing and shooting at you...
You now have 5 shinny new first degree murder charges to add to your bank robbery.
All to often, you are correct. Here in Florida, twice last year. police illegally entered homes without a knock, the home owner, not knowing they were police, defended himself and was killed.
Even though the police committed felonies for illegally entering a house, they were not charged in the two deaths.
Now, the most the family can do is sue the local government for wrongful death but Florida law restricts this claim to $100,000. This limit was set decades ago when $100,000 was considered a lot of money but today it is not and not enough incentive for local governments to change their ways.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is talking about sacred texts besides you?
Liar and BSer. You pick the Constitution AND the Bible apart, accept what suits you, and reject what does not. What a loser. What a 3rd-class citizen.

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Are you two stupid. First, you must be tried within the jurisdiction of that court. A crime committed in Seminole County, FL must be tried in Seminole County. They must try you for all applicable crimes which means if the try you for robbing a convince store, they also have to try you for jay walking after you robbed that store. If they try you only for the robbery then can not try you at a latter date for jay walking.
Now, in a federal crime, they must try you, not necessarily in the same county, but the same federal court district. Under some circumstances that can get a change of venue but they first must prove you could not get a fair trial within your district.
Now, GZ was already investigated by the FBI for civil rights violations and was cleared. They can not reopen the investigation without new evidence, thank you big mouth Barack Obama! And considering that Angela Corey is facing prosecutorial misconduct complaint, they will have to tread water a long time.
Try to never call anyone "two stupid."

It...well...defeats the purpose.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Justice LRS wrote:
Yes, anyone surprised that garbage Justice ha ha LRS would again come up with garbage foxnews.com

How crass, how vulgar, how unacceptable.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min RoxLo 1,081,609
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 68,391
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr andet1987 4,585
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr andet1987 4,561
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr truth 48,928
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr TRD 68,037
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 6 hr hands on AR 16
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 27 at 10:14PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs