BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#163514 Jul 12, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Since second degree murder includes all the elements of manslaughter it is not changing the game mid stream. That's the reason it is allowed as it is a lesser INCLUDED offense.
But lesser charges are not always allowed to be added, are they? I thought it was up to the judge.

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#163515 Jul 12, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
And what evidence supports this ludicrous claim? None. I know when I'm just standing around, doing nothing wrong and someone begins to approach me, I turn and run. NOT!
Most kids in America are prone to be weary of creepy people in cars. We wouldn't be very good parents if they weren't.

The ones that stop to talk to them.

The ones that stare them down.

The ones that fuking chase them.

These guys could kidnap them or kill them.

Get it?
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#163516 Jul 12, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Most kids in America are prone to be weary of creepy people in cars. We wouldn't be very good parents if they weren't.
The ones that stop to talk to them.
The ones that stare them down.
The ones that fuking chase them.
These guys could kidnap them or kill them.
Get it?
You're right, they could. Get it? Yes, I get it. There are bad people in the world. This is not something new. So?
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#163517 Jul 12, 2013
Remember the kid who wore the NRA t-shirt to school and was taken away by the police? Well, check out USA Today's main page. Why is it ok for this kid to wear a t-shirt that has a picture of Zimmerman with cross-hairs on him?

I saw another story on here about a teen who was jailed for 5 months for putting a sarcastic remark on his facebook page. He was bailed out $500K! WTF??????

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#163518 Jul 13, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
And what evidence supports this ludicrous claim? None. I know when I'm just standing around, doing nothing wrong and someone begins to approach me, I turn and run. NOT!
Trayvon was "standing around" and a casual pedestrian approached him? LMAO.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
"Sure he can not stop and question a suspect or make an arrest but the volunteer can follow the suspect so he can tell the police were he is."
"The suspect"? Suspected of buying the wrong brand of candy?
Mr. Zimmerman decided that Trayvon was "the suspect" for an imaginary intended crime discerned from reading Trqyvon's mind and concluding he was "up to no good". In reality Mr. Zimmerman was harassing a 17-year-old high school kid, NOT a "suspect."

RationalState

#163519 Jul 13, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
But lesser charges are not always allowed to be added, are they? I thought it was up to the judge.
There are specific criteria which must be met to permit instruction of the jury on lesser included charges. For example in Connecticut the Whistman test is used. It's not "up to the judge" to make an arbitrary decision or to make a decision based on Play Justice LRS's approval or disapproval. Sorry, but not liking the fact that the jury was instructed on the lesser included charge does not provide a rational basis to claim impropriety.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Since second degree murder includes all the elements of manslaughter it is not changing the game mid stream. That's the reason it is allowed as it is a lesser INCLUDED offense.

RationalState

#163520 Jul 13, 2013
Prime example of "moving the goal posts".
Play Justice LRS wrote:
I don't think it is right that lesser charges can be added during a trial. I know it can be an advantage for some and a disadvantage for others. Just doesn't seem right to change "mid-stream". Comments?
Mr. Play Justice has essentially stated that the practice of permitting juries to reach a verdict on lesser included charges is not "right".

Now he moves the goal post, and quite ineffectually.
Play Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
And because sometimes courts do not allow instruction of the jury on lesser included offenses **some of the time** that means the practice is improper **all of the time**?

What is the rational basis for that premise?

"[I]t is settled that a jury should be given the entire range of possible verdicts in a case in which the evidence warrants the giving of the lesser included offenses,[and] it follows that defenses that are supported by a reasonable construction of the evidence should be given along with those same lesser charges." (Internal quotation marks omitted.) State v. Hall, 213 Conn. 579, 588 (1990).

But the Play Justice disagrees (because of the Zimmerman case, which he will vehemently deny.)

RationalState

#163523 Jul 13, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
Remember the kid who wore the NRA t-shirt to school and was taken away by the police? Well, check out USA Today's main page. Why is it ok for this kid to wear a t-shirt that has a picture of Zimmerman with cross-hairs on him?
I saw another story on here about a teen who was jailed for 5 months for putting a sarcastic remark on his facebook page. He was bailed out $500K! WTF??????
The guy wearing the Zimmerman T-shirt was a kid wearing it in public school? In July?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#163524 Jul 13, 2013
Tweet Of The Day: If I Had A Race-Baiting President… He Would Look Like This
Posted by Gateway Guest Blogger on Friday, July 12, 2013
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/07/tweet...

Location hidden

#163525 Jul 13, 2013
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
.....I suppose it depends on where you live when running a self-described “suspicious looking” kid down and shooting him dead is not defined as stalking.
“Stalking legal definition
Noun
A form of harassment generally comprised of repeated persistent following with no legitimate reason and with the intention of harming, or so as to arouse anxiety or fear of harm in the person being followed”
http://law.yourdictionary.com/stalking
Hummmm, several BIG points here. Martin was shot 45 MINUTES after he let the convenience store and it was only a five minute walk back to his house. SOOOOO, what was Martin doing in those 40 extra minutes? Probably nothing more than hanging out BUT even a policeman would stop him and ask him what he was up to.
SURE, a volunteer neighborhood watch person can not stop and question someone but he can follow a suspect while waiting for a police officer and that was why GZ was on the phone with the police dispatcher.
Now you also said "running .... kid down" down and Zimmerman at no time RAN. The wind noise was just that, WIND. The local Sanford airport that the wind was 6-8 mph at the time and that was just enough to create WIND NOISE over the cell phone.
Now, how did, and why, did Trayvon RUN around the building and cut off GZ?!? Trayvon was running in the direction of his father's girl friend's house so why did he double back??? I have asked this question over and over again and you ignore it while at the same time claim that 1) GZ was racial profiling Trayvon, 2) that GZ was stalking Taryvon, 3) that he had the intention of shooting a black man all along (when he did not know what Trayvon's skin color was until several minutes into the phone call) and 4) you siad GZ PROVOKED Trayvon but will not explain how he provoked him.
What a bigoted COWARD you are!
Just answer the FRIGGIN' questions if you are not a coward.
wojar

Bristol, CT

#163526 Jul 13, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
That 19 y/o kid in the liberal state of TEXAS?

Location hidden

#163527 Jul 13, 2013
Going to Jail For Trayvon (Race Riots)
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Hey, they found out who killed Nichole Simpson and Ron Goldman. It was O.J.'s evil twin brother Bart!
Ya know Bart? The TV star!!!!
wojar

Bristol, CT

#163528 Jul 13, 2013
Darn those liberal cops and liberal courts in that LIBTARD state of TEXAS

Location hidden

#163529 Jul 13, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
The guy wearing the Zimmerman T-shirt was a kid wearing it in public school? In July?
Classic Libtardian Logic. The weather dictates what Free Speech is permissible?!? What a flaming bigot you are.

Location hidden

#163530 Jul 13, 2013
wojar wrote:
Darn those liberal cops and liberal courts in that LIBTARD state of TEXAS
I am not sure exactly what you are commenting on but Texas has it's Liberal areas. Conservatives never would have elected some one like Sheila Jackson Lee to Congress!

Ah, if Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee is a TEXAS Congresswoman, why was she in FLORIDA??? Because she is a race baiter!!!
wojar

Bristol, CT

#163531 Jul 13, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Classic Libtardian Logic. The weather dictates what Free Speech is permissible?!? What a flaming bigot you are.
The weather? RU nuts? Schools are in session in July? Your boyfriend was mixing apples and oranges. My comment had not a thing to do with weather. Grow a brain.

[QUOTE who="wojar]
<quoted text>
The guy wearing the Zimmerman T-shirt was a kid wearing it in public school? In July?[/QUOTE]
wojar

Bristol, CT

#163532 Jul 13, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure exactly what you are commenting on but Texas has it's Liberal areas. Conservatives never would have elected some one like Sheila Jackson Lee to Congress!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =oScEJOL9Q5UXX
Ah, if Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee is a TEXAS Congresswoman, why was she in FLORIDA??? Because she is a race baiter!!!
Shiela Jackson Lee arrested the kid?

Location hidden

#163533 Jul 13, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
There are specific criteria which must be met to permit instruction of the jury on lesser included charges. For example in Connecticut the Whistman test is used. It's not "up to the judge" to make an arbitrary decision or to make a decision based on Play Justice LRS's approval or disapproval. Sorry, but not liking the fact that the jury was instructed on the lesser included charge does not provide a rational basis to claim impropriety.
<quoted text>
Ah, you do know that Florida is NOT in Connecticut, don't you?
In most states a defendant must prove he was acting in self defense but in Florida it is the other way around. To arrest anyone who claims self defense they must have probable cause that he was NOT acting in self defense. Sooo, what evidence did they have it was not self defence? NOTHING!!!
Next, to CHARGE someone, in a self defence case, they most prove that the preponderance of the evidence is that he was NOT acting in self defense. And again, what was their evidence? NOTHING!!!
Then, to convict anyone, in a self defense case, they must FIRST prove he was NOT acting in self defense base on, not reasonable suspicion nor a preponderance of the evidence, but beyond any reasonable doubt!!!
Again I will bring to your attention something my father said to me some 45 years ago, "It is best to set a thousand guilty men go free than to falsely imprison one innocent man"!
But that does not matter to you bigoted Libtards!!! The letter of the law means nothing to you, it is you agenda that matters most to you!

Location hidden

#163535 Jul 13, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Again Rouge... Stats that are very misleading.
3.13 MILLIONTHS of 1%.... of the actual population.
This is textbook sharpshooter/no base rate fallacy.
They could just as easily have said...
"We ran into Ted at the gas station and here is his opinion."
Look at the words man....
"ALL Americans consider...."
"Liberals consider...."
"Conservatives think...."
These are vast numbers.
Not that we aren't at all shocked when BET attempts to get all sciency and fails.
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
To Rogue, if it is a sample 1000 people out of 310 million population, it's a valid sample if it feeds his twisted racial views. Like the poll he referred to. But if a majority, a healthy majority, elects Obama, it's fraud. If 209 courts, 535 congressmen, 9 supremes, 50 governors say Obama's BC is a valid one and he was born in Honolulu, it's simply not true and, he's said it often, Obama is a liar. As I said before, with Rogue it's winner-winner for him and loser-loser for you.
Typical Libtardian Logic. Scientifically balanced polling is good .... so long as I agree with it?
Do you recall Nate Silver. Why do you think his polls are okay yet one's done by Rasmussen are not?!? BIGOTRY!!!

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#163536 Jul 13, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
You're an idiot, as usual. Minor unimportant miscellaneous stuff. And, why don't you just state that both t-shirts are NOT okay. Why? Because they are not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 46 min JOEL 71,272
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr L Morales 411
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Mandela 68,913
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IBdaMann 49,363
Holiday Greetings 3 hr Ebeneizer Scrooge 3
Fight at Navy Pier 3 hr Negras all 3
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 hr Religionthebiglie 51,304
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 hr Yeah 1,156,210
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:03 am PST

NBC Sports 6:03AM
Jim Caldwell: No concerns about starting a rookie center
Bleacher Report 8:46 AM
What Are Experts Saying About Vikings?
NBC Sports11:28 AM
Bears extend Roberto Garza through 2015
NBC Sports 7:32 AM
Full-blown Bears house-cleaning could be coming
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
Could Cutler, Shanahan Reunion Work for Jets?