BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 239298 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#163396 Jul 11, 2013
I think the guy will walk from this particular case...but I don't think he will escape civil suits. I see a free man working for the Martins for the rest of his life.

Remember...verdicts don't tell you anything either.

In the legal world...the better debater wins. Regardless of facts.

This is why defense attorneys don't really care if you are innocent or not.

It is what they can convince people of that matters.
Fox News Makes You Stupid

Brooklyn, NY

#163397 Jul 11, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Tootzie, Bob Dole was never a Conservative. As far as CEOs are concerned, that are like athletes and their services go to the highest bidder! Do you get upset with how much athletes make?
And you are clueless about pharmaceuticals and I don't have the time to school a Libtard on the subject.
I suppose you want the same health care they have in Cuba which Jacqueau thinks is the best in the world. If you can pay, you can get a good deal. But it you are a Cuban peon, they will give you an aspirin to treat your cancer!!!
How the Heritage Foundation, a Conservative Think Tank, Promoted the Individual Mandate / 10/20/2011 / http://tinyurl.com/7yztznx

ROMNEY: Actually, Newt, we got the idea of an individual mandate from you.

GINGRICH: That’s not true. You got it from the Heritage Foundation.

ROMNEY: Yes, we got it from you, and you got it from the Heritage Foundation and from you.

GINGRICH: Wait a second. What you just said is not true. You did not get that from me. You got it from the Heritage Foundation.

ROMNEY: And you never supported them?

GINGRICH: I agree with them, but I’m just saying, what you said to this audience just now plain wasn’t true.

ROMNEY: OK. Let me ask, have you supported in the past an individual mandate?

GINGRICH: I absolutely did with the Heritage Foundation against Hillarycare.

ROMNEY: You did support an individual mandate?

ROMNEY: Oh, OK. That’s what I’m saying. We got the idea from you and the Heritage Foundation.

GINGRICH: OK. A little broader.

ROMNEY: OK.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/aroy/2011/10/20/h...

==========

Assuring Affordable Health Care for All Americans
October 1, 1989 / http://tinyurl.com/8xb6rd9
http://www.heritage.org/research/lecture/assu...

========

Obama says Heritage Foundation is source of health exchange idea
March 30th, 2010 / http://tinyurl.com/26xm72p
EDITOR'S NOTE: An analysis of this comment by President Barack Obama was published on April 1, 2010. After it appeared, the Heritage Foundation's communications office contacted us to argue that our rating of Mostly True was too generous to the president. We did some additional reporting to review our ruling. Our second round of reporting -- primarily talking to conservative policy experts outside of Heritage -- solidified our initial conclusions. Below is the updated version of our story, which retains the rating of Mostly True, published April 26, 2010.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...
Fox News Makes You Stupid

Brooklyn, NY

#163398 Jul 11, 2013
Summary Of A 1993 Republican Health Reform Plan
Feb 23, 2010 / http://tinyurl.com/amcg2tz
In November, 1993, Sen. John Chafee, R-R.I., introduced what was considered to be one of the main Republican health overhaul proposals: "A bill to provide comprehensive reform of the health care system of the United States."
Titled the "Health Equity and Access Reform Today Act of 1993," it had 21 co-sponsors, including two Democrats (Sens. Boren and Kerrey). The bill, which was not debated or voted upon, was an alternative to President Bill Clinton's plan. It bears similarity to the Democratic bill passed by the Senate Dec. 24, 2009, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/stories/2010/...

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#163399 Jul 11, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, but the eyewitness only testified that Trayvon was winning the fight. He didn't see who instigated. The evidence also indicates Martin could land a punch, but not who instigated. Duh!
About this....

In Judo, the second thing you are taught is that it is very advantageous to be the guy on the bottom of a fight.(The first is how to fall)

While on the bottom you can completely neutralize your opponents strikes by holding the back of their head...or maybe trapping their shirt from the front. No room to swing equals ineffective strikes.

Judo is the sport form of jujitsu...

To illustrate...if you were to hip toss your opponent (a simplistic common throw) and allow the guy to land on his neck...that is jujitsu. If you keep holding their wrist and guide them onto their back...that is Judo.

Jujitsu is THE FOUNDATION of all modern MMA.

And Zimmerman was training in MMA.

Don't misconstrue what I am trying to communicate here. I don't think Zimmerman intended to kill him till he got punched.

What I am saying is that any judo player out there worth his gi could MAKE this situation happen without really trying.

All he would need is to be at arms length.

1. You pull your opponent on top of you.(I have seen 6yr olds do it)

2. Apply ANY type of guard and he isn't going anywhere. A simple leg hook will do just fine.

3. Rock them away and pull them into your chest... while screaming for help.(giving the illusion of being beaten...maybe throw your head back hard on the ground. If you need proof that it looks like the guy on top is kicking your azz...observe almost ANY Royce Gracie fight. The man on top is forced to re-position his arms constantly giving the illusion of striking.)

4. When you hear someone approaching or yelling at you....release the top half of their body. They will naturally sit up to escape.

5. Fire at will.

I am not saying this is what happened. I am saying the potential is there. This is NOT the first time I have heard of this scenario.

“zero nuclear weapons”

Since: Sep 08

Perryville

#163400 Jul 11, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Then show the evidence that Zimmerman "stalked" Martin. There is none.
<quoted text>
Wojo won't answer that as he knows the prosecutor said today that it was not a crime for Zimmerman to follow Trayvon. And yes, the forensic evidence proves that 1) Trayvon assaulted Zimmerman and there was no fight as Zimmerman had no injuries to his hands and the only injuries Trayvon were to his firsts! To be "fighting" it must be mutual and this was one sided all the way until Zimmerman thought he had no other recourse but to us his gun.
Wojo has NEVER explained what crime Zimmerman committed before he used his gun. NEVER!!!
Wrong He profiled Martin
His on words sink him
One medicalperson said Zimmerman's wounds could be done by hitting his head ONCE on the sidewalk.

Zimmerman got cot in so many lies

What are Zimmerman's biggest lies?

1) That he did not follow Trayvon.(In the phone call to police he made before the altercation Zimmerman says, yes, he's following him).

2) That Trayvon did not run.(In the same phone call, Zimmerman told the operator that Trayvon ran away)

3) Zimmerman claims he got off his truck to see what street he was on. Hmm. Zimmerman was neighborhood watch captain for THREE YEARS and there are only THREE STREETS in the complex and he doesn't know them??? Do you know the closest three streets in your neighborhood?

4) That Zimmerman did not chase Trayvon after he ran. Immediately after Zimmerman said Trayvon ran, we hear Zimmerman being out of breath and the sounds of the wind blowing by the phone. It is safe to assume that he chased after him.

5) Him telling the police that night that Martin jumped him by hiding in the bushes(There are no bushes in that area, just some some randomly placed saplings, no more than 3 inch in diameter.

6)Him telling Hannity that he had never hear of "stand your ground" law before he shot Martin(He participated in a class that covered that subject and his internet usage shows that he researched the topic.



Heck i had more cuts on my body playing rink derby than Zimmerman had in the photo's
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#163401 Jul 11, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>Again, what's good for through goose ....
UR a slow learner. I'll provide proof when Rouge does same. So ask your boyfriend nicely.
What a copout! Not "unexpected" though.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#163402 Jul 11, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on how you define stalking Rouge.
Zimmerman told the police his location...it is on the tapes. Somewhere before or after "these assholes always get away..."
He then asked the police to call when they arrived so he could update his location after pursuing him.
Is it just a language discrepancy to you?
Stalking is unwanted or obsessive attention by an individual or group toward another person.
Do you not think this qualifies?
And if not...please explain.
Uh, scruffy....considering the topic at hand, I'm pretty sure "stalking" would be defined in legal terms. Just a hunch.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#163405 Jul 11, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
I think the guy will walk from this particular case...but I don't think he will escape civil suits. I see a free man working for the Martins for the rest of his life.
Remember...verdicts don't tell you anything either.
In the legal world...the better debater wins. Regardless of facts.
This is why defense attorneys don't really care if you are innocent or not.
It is what they can convince people of that matters.
This is brilliant, scruffy. Verdicts, nah, mean nothing; Facts, nah, toss them out the window; Jurors are complete idiots unable to think for themselves. Nice work scruffy.

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#163406 Jul 11, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, scruffy....considering the topic at hand, I'm pretty sure "stalking" would be defined in legal terms. Just a hunch.
Fine...then following and harassment.

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#163407 Jul 11, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
This is brilliant, scruffy. Verdicts, nah, mean nothing; Facts, nah, toss them out the window; Jurors are complete idiots unable to think for themselves. Nice work scruffy.
Explain OJ Simpson then...

Verdicts do not mean truth.

Jurors only have the information presented to them.

You should understand that in most cases...some evidence gets in...some doesn't.

If the police find a murder weapon in an illegal search of your home...guess what?

There is no murder weapon.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#163408 Jul 12, 2013
nebka wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong He profiled Martin
His on words sink him
One medicalperson said Zimmerman's wounds could be done by hitting his head ONCE on the sidewalk.
Zimmerman got cot in so many lies
What are Zimmerman's biggest lies?
1) That he did not follow Trayvon.(In the phone call to police he made before the altercation Zimmerman says, yes, he's following him).
2) That Trayvon did not run.(In the same phone call, Zimmerman told the operator that Trayvon ran away)
3) Zimmerman claims he got off his truck to see what street he was on. Hmm. Zimmerman was neighborhood watch captain for THREE YEARS and there are only THREE STREETS in the complex and he doesn't know them??? Do you know the closest three streets in your neighborhood?
4) That Zimmerman did not chase Trayvon after he ran. Immediately after Zimmerman said Trayvon ran, we hear Zimmerman being out of breath and the sounds of the wind blowing by the phone. It is safe to assume that he chased after him.
5) Him telling the police that night that Martin jumped him by hiding in the bushes(There are no bushes in that area, just some some randomly placed saplings, no more than 3 inch in diameter.
6)Him telling Hannity that he had never hear of "stand your ground" law before he shot Martin(He participated in a class that covered that subject and his internet usage shows that he researched the topic.
Heck i had more cuts on my body playing rink derby than Zimmerman had in the photo's
It is not wrong to profile people who may be engaged in criminal activity. Cops do it every second. Store detectives do it every second. If someone is on a side walk in a wheel chair, do you shoot them with a radar to find out if they are speeding? If you are looking for a rape suspect, do you also check out women?
Please use the other half of the brain that God gave you!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#163409 Jul 12, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine...then following and harassment.
Following is not a crime and what did Zimmerman do to harass him? What did he do to give Trayvon the right to assault him? Questions you Libtards have repeatedly failed to answer!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#163410 Jul 12, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain OJ Simpson then...
Verdicts do not mean truth.
Jurors only have the information presented to them.
You should understand that in most cases...some evidence gets in...some doesn't.
If the police find a murder weapon in an illegal search of your home...guess what?
There is no murder weapon.
The OJ case was simple. But since Mark Fuhrman lied about using the n-word, the jury totally dismissed his testimony. And the jury was obviously biased as was the judge.
In Zimmerman's case, the judge has also not only showed favoritism to the prosecutor but has badgered Zimmerman.
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#163411 Jul 12, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>"We didn't like the verdict" is not sufficient.
Why not? We don't like the Semi-Black POTUS has been enough to sustain the whole Birfoon movement

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#163412 Jul 12, 2013
nebka wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong He profiled Martin
His on words sink him
One medicalperson said Zimmerman's wounds could be done by hitting his head ONCE on the sidewalk.
Zimmerman got cot in so many lies
What are Zimmerman's biggest lies?
1) That he did not follow Trayvon.(In the phone call to police he made before the altercation Zimmerman says, yes, he's following him).
2) That Trayvon did not run.(In the same phone call, Zimmerman told the operator that Trayvon ran away)
3) Zimmerman claims he got off his truck to see what street he was on. Hmm. Zimmerman was neighborhood watch captain for THREE YEARS and there are only THREE STREETS in the complex and he doesn't know them??? Do you know the closest three streets in your neighborhood?
4) That Zimmerman did not chase Trayvon after he ran. Immediately after Zimmerman said Trayvon ran, we hear Zimmerman being out of breath and the sounds of the wind blowing by the phone. It is safe to assume that he chased after him.
5) Him telling the police that night that Martin jumped him by hiding in the bushes(There are no bushes in that area, just some some randomly placed saplings, no more than 3 inch in diameter.
6)Him telling Hannity that he had never hear of "stand your ground" law before he shot Martin(He participated in a class that covered that subject and his internet usage shows that he researched the topic.
Heck i had more cuts on my body playing rink derby than Zimmerman had in the photo's
And you are a flaming bigot. A discrepancy between statements does not mean he lied and I think when you hear the defenses rebuttal today, they will bring that up.
1) In the first call Zimmerman was parked in his car and he was not following Trayvon as it is impossible to follow someone when you are sitting in a parked car.
2) What evidence do you have that Trayvon did not runaway? Zimmerman said that Trayvon ran between the buildings and that was when George turned around and was returning to his car when Trayvon came around the backside of the building and cut him off from returning to his car!
3) Have you seen the map of the neighborhood? The streets are not square and he may have been a little confused. But you assume he lied?
4) No, it is not safe to assume that. He was getting out of the car and that noise was the wind!!!
5) Saplings, bushes, we are not talking about giant redwood trees, are we? I know people in Texas that claim their bushes are trees but that does not make them trees.
6) Ah, the instructor was covering ... self defence. At no time did that witness claim he used the term "Stand your Ground". When I took my classes to get my CCP the instructor covered SYG for 10-15 minutes, and that was all.
Ah, you do not have to have even one scratch to use the SYG defence.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#163413 Jul 12, 2013
Oh, I have pulled my "glove box" gun out twice. The first time I had taken my wife to a bank ATM and it was about seven pm, but still light. I remained in the car and she walked up to the machine. It was then that two young men came out of the woods and started to head towards her.
I opened my glove box and set my revolver on the seat. When the two young men got on the side walk they turned and walked behind me and seemed to be in a conversation and I no longer perceived them as a threat to my wife and I put my gun back into the glove box. My wife was totally unaware.
The next time I had pulled my big rig into a rest area on an interstate highway about 10-11 pm. I shut the engine off and rolled down my window as the weather was pleasant and I got out my log book to close it for the day.
While writing in my log book I noticed someone in the dark walking beside my rig in my side-view mirror. That person then jumped on my running board and was suddenly looking down the barrel of a stainless steel revolver. SHE fell off the running board and crawled away.
Professional lot lizards know not to blind-side someone. They stand in front of you truck and get your attention and then approach your vehicle only when they know you want them to.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#163414 Jul 12, 2013
Billy Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>
Self-explanatory !!!!
http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/results/pre...
Touché. But the slug just can't face the truth. "Can you hear us coming?" LMAO (LRS tm reg'd)

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#163415 Jul 12, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Then show the evidence that Zimmerman "stalked" Martin. There is none.
<quoted text>
I feel sorry for Wojo as it is very hard for a Libtard to admit they are beat.
You mean like the "victorious" birthers who claim victory with a 0-209 score, 0-535 score, 0-9 score, 0-50 score? Yeaaaaah, suuuuure.

Since: Oct 09

Moreno Valley, CA

#163416 Jul 12, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Jim Croce also died in a Beech-18 aircraft crash. His plain hit a tree on takeoff at night. There were many ex-military Beech-18s available and were very popular. Many are still in service and they are all older than I am.
<quoted text>
Yep, unfortunately death photos seem to be available to the public. In most cases I think they should remain sealed.
I don't recall hearing his name until after his death but I am sure his star would have been much brighter if he had lived. Same goes for Buddy Holly.
And then you have deaths like Sam Cook which seemed to be a worthless death. But even natural deaths of people like Tammy Terrell. I was always a Motown fan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =rKzV4lr0dqoXX
It was the Beech-18 aircraft that sparked my attention Rogue. I know absolutely nothing about aircraft but for some reason I seemed to recall that Otis Redding’s plane was a Beech something or other. Must have been a popular plane.

As for Tammy and Marvin you ignored the most obvious story.

Apr 1, 1984:
Marvin Gaye is shot and killed by his own father.
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/ma...

“Marvin Gaye's brother, Frankie, who lived next door, and who held the legendary singer during his final minutes, later wrote in his memoir that Marvin Gaye's final, disturbing statement was, "I got what I wanted....I couldn't do it myself, so I made him do it."
Sunlight Foundation org

Oakdale, NY

#163417 Jul 12, 2013
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
It was the Beech-18 aircraft that sparked my attention Rogue. I know absolutely nothing about aircraft but for some reason I seemed to recall that Otis Redding’s plane was a Beech something or other. Must have been a popular plane.
As for Tammy and Marvin you ignored the most obvious story.
Apr 1, 1984:
Marvin Gaye is shot and killed by his own father.
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/ma...
“Marvin Gaye's brother, Frankie, who lived next door, and who held the legendary singer during his final minutes, later wrote in his memoir that Marvin Gaye's final, disturbing statement was, "I got what I wanted....I couldn't do it myself, so I made him do it."
http://tinyurl.com/npvmtj

Not a popular song of his but a great one just the same IMO.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min flack 1,508,094
Trumps travel ban discussion 43 min The truth is out ... 2
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr SweLL GirL 10,492
Ron Kessler's observations about Presidents etc. 5 hr Good info 2
Obama has LEAK under sink. 5 hr Undersink Obumbler 34
This doesn't seem fair to me. 5 hr Fascists R Star 8
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr Mister Tonka 105,049

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages