BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 225423 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

United States

#162846 Jul 6, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
DOES THIS POLICE OFFICER’S TESTIMONY SERIOUSLY DAMAGE ZIMMERMAN PROSECUTION’S CASE FOR SECOND DEGREE MURDER?
When asked if Zimmerman showed any anger or animosity towards Martin when he talked about him, Officer Doris Singleton — the first person to extensively interview Zimmerman at the police station — testified,“no.” That “no” could prove problematic for the prosecution. Prosecutors must show that Zimmerman acted with ill will or a depraved mind in order to get a second-degree murder conviction.
Second degree murder in Florida is defined as follows:“The unlawful killing of a human being, when perpetrated by any act imminently dangerous to another and evincing a depraved mind regardless of human life, although without any premeditated design to effect the death of any particular individual, is murder in the second degree and constitutes a felony of the first degree, punishable by imprisonment for a term of years not exceeding life or as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.”
In redirect-examination, the prosecution came back and suggested that it is impossible for Singleton to see into Zimmerman’s mind and determine that he had no ill will toward Trayvon Martin.
Not backing down, the defense followed up yet again in recross-examination, asking Singleton, not to speculate, but to say whether there was any evidence to suggest that Zimmerman had a depraved mind or ill will on the night of the shooting. Once again, she said no.
...
VIDEO included of testimony
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/07/01/do...
Just because this is from the blaze doesn't mean it's one sided!
IT IS the truth of what she said!
Gonna snuggle & read a novel :)...
If the jury were precluded from finding guilt for a lesser charge Z would probably walk. But no one knows what the jury will decide. Manslaughter is also on the table and an imperfect self defense claim, even if supported by evidence, is not a get out of jail card -- unless the jury sees it that way.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#162847 Jul 6, 2013
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
The paramedics at the scene testified that the head wound was very minor and did not require sutures.
His nose injuries were also very minor.
There is no corroboration that Trayvon was following and running after Zimmerman.
NONE!
Zimmerman is concocting a cockenbull story with Trayvon circling his car.
All Zimmerman had to do was drive away.
CASE CLOSED!
Oh, he did not need stitches? Ergo he was NOT assaulted!!!
Did Trayvon have any nose injuries? All his injuries seem to be self inflicted by hitting Zimmerman!
Was there any evidence that Zimmerman ran after Trayvon? Again, is it a crime for anyone to follow anyone?!?
Oh, how did Trayvon get between Zimmerman and his car? Under Stand Your Groud, you do not have to drive away.
Again, what justified Trayvon's assault on Zimmerman? If it was a mutual fight, why did Trayvon have only in juries to his fists yet Zimmerman did NOT??? To "fight" both sides have to hit each other!!!
And you are a racist BIGOT!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#162848 Jul 6, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that Z's injuries were minor and insufficient to establish prima fascie evidence for self defense against a 2nd degree murder charge. But that is only one element and the prosecution has a long row to hoe in re 2nd degree murder, especially insofar as intent is concerned. Manslaughter would be much easier to prove but who knows where the prosecution is? Ultimately the jury will decide, and that is a crap shoot.
<quoted text>
Ah, but the law does not say you have to be seriously injured before you use deadly force. In fact you do not have to be injured in any way. All you have to do is " a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily harm to himself". Should he have waited until he was knocked unconscious?
And the jury may not decide if the judge dismisses the case on Monday!!!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#162849 Jul 6, 2013
I got home today after three weeks on the road today so I went out to Walmart to pick some fresh veggies up. While there two teenage girls collided with each other in their "handicapped" cards and almost hit me. I asked them if they were handicapped and they said yes, giggled and took off like they were riding bumper cars. There was a third one on a handicapped cart too so I went to get the manager.
After a ten minute delay a supervisor came out and we talked and I pointed to where they had been so she started to walk that way. I walked parallel to her in a different aisle and I found them first with an adult. I asked the adult if she was with them and she said yes and I asked her if they were handicapped and she said 'no' so I asked her to tell the kids to get off the carts and she told me to tell them so I did and then she started to rag on me and that was when the manager.
Oh course they were all non-white people so the manager, who is also non-white, played it down. It is really sad that non-whites can get away with things us white people can not.
Oh, I took some video with my cell phone and will talk with the store manager on Monday! His employees should have corrected this long before.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#162850 Jul 6, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, he did not need stitches? Ergo he was NOT assaulted!!!
Did Trayvon have any nose injuries? All his injuries seem to be self inflicted by hitting Zimmerman!
Was there any evidence that Zimmerman ran after Trayvon? Again, is it a crime for anyone to follow anyone?!?
Oh, how did Trayvon get between Zimmerman and his car? Under Stand Your Groud, you do not have to drive away.
Again, what justified Trayvon's assault on Zimmerman? If it was a mutual fight, why did Trayvon have only in juries to his fists yet Zimmerman did NOT??? To "fight" both sides have to hit each other!!!
And you are a racist BIGOT!
Not one Libtard has explained what crime Zimmerman committed before Trayvon attacked him. What COWARDS they are!!!

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

United States

#162851 Jul 6, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, but the law does not say you have to be seriously injured before you use deadly force. In fact you do not have to be injured in any way. All you have to do is " a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily harm to himself". Should he have waited until he was knocked unconscious?
And the jury may not decide if the judge dismisses the case on Monday!!!
"Ah," but the law does expect sufficient credible evidence to support prima facie showing. Serious injuries are accepted. A scratch and a bump are not sufficient.

Duh!
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that Z's injuries were minor and insufficient to establish prima fascie evidence for self defense against a 2nd degree murder charge. But that is only one element and the prosecution has a long row to hoe in re 2nd degree murder, especially insofar as intent is concerned. Manslaughter would be much easier to prove but who knows where the prosecution is? Ultimately the jury will decide, and that is a crap shoot.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

United States

#162852 Jul 6, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
And the jury may not decide if the judge dismisses the case on Monday!!!
Sorry, the judge already ruled the case will go forward.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#162853 Jul 6, 2013
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
Cut yours for space

Thanks, but it made me sleepy, on a 'rainy' evening. I'll wait and sleep tonight!
``````````

ZIMMERMAN COMPLAINED ABOUT SANFORD POLICE IN DEFENSE OF HOMELESS BLACK MAN
24 May 2012
...

We're learning today that just last year, at a public forum, George Zimmerman publicly testified against the Sanford police department in defense of a homeless black man. In other words, what we have here is more proof that the media narrative surrounding the shooting of Trayvon Martin might just end up being the most disgraced and failed media narrative since Duke-LaCrosse and the Tuscon murders.

Associated Press:
George Zimmerman accused the Sanford police department of corruption more than a year before he shot Trayvon Martin, saying at a public forum the agency covered up the beating of a black homeless man by the son of a white officer.

"I would just like to state that the law is written in black and white," Zimmerman said during a 90-second statement to city commissioners at a community forum. "It should not and cannot be enforced in the gray for those who are in the thin blue line."

The forum took place on Jan. 8, 2011,... viral on the Internet and then-Sanford Police Chief Brian Tooley was forced to retire. Tooley's department faced criticism for dragging its feet in arresting Justin Collison, the son of a police lieutenant.

The media narrative fail here is a triple shot. If Zimmerman is supposedly some kind of yee-haw law and order type eager to play racist cop, why in the world would he publicly accuse the Sanford police of corruption with a special emphasis on the Chief -- all in defense of a homeless black man beaten by the white son of a white Sanford police officer. It's not like someone threw a microphone in Zimmerman's face either. He proactively went to, attended, and spoke out at this meeting.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/...

Zimmerman Complained About Sanford Police In 2011

The forum took place on Jan. 8, 2011, days after a video of the beating went viral on the Internet and then-Sanford Police Chief Brian Tooley was forced to retire. Tooley's department faced criticism for dragging its feet in arresting Justin Collison, the son of a police lieutenant.

"I'd like to know what action the commission is taking in order to repeal Mr. Tooley's pension," Zimmerman said to the commission. "I'm not asking you to repeal his pension; I believe he's already forfeited his pension by his illegal cover-up in corruption in what happened in his department."

Zimmerman's public comments could be important because the Martin family and supporters contend the neighborhood watch volunteer singled Martin out because he was black. Zimmerman has a Peruvian mother and a white father. His supporters have said he is not racist.

The Miami Herald first reported details from the January 2011 community forum Wednesday. The Associated Press obtained a copy of the tape from the meeting.

In the speech, Zimmerman said he witnessed "disgusting" behavior by officers when he was part of a ride-along program, though the agency said it did not know when, if ever, Zimmerman was in that program.

"The officer showed me his favorite hiding spots for taking naps. He explained to me he doesn't carry a long gun in his vehicle because in his words,`Anything that requires a long gun requires a lot of paperwork and you're gonna find me as far away from it.'"

Zimmerman also said the officer in question "took two lunch breaks and attended a going away party for one of his fellow officers."

Read more: http://www.970wfla.com/articles/local-news-12...

``````````
Not some 'vigilante' like the media and peeps are saying!
He IS a 'sincere and honest human being' with more CHARACTER than most on here!

More to come ...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#162854 Jul 6, 2013
ABC Chief Legal Affairs Anchor and Mediaite founder Dan Abrams told Good Morning America on Saturday that the prosecution in the Zimmerman trial had failed to make its case for convicting George Zimmerman beyond a reasonable doubt, and that the jury had little legal basis to anything but acquit.

“The prosecution’s case is now in,” Abrams said.“They’ve presented all of their evidence. I do not see how the jury, as a legal matter, convicts of either second degree murder or manslaughter.”

Watch the exchange here
VIDEO:
via ABC:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/abcs-dan-abrams-pr...

scoggin 21 minutes ago
Given this guy's CV, I would have expected him to be on Martin's side. I guess not all libturds are dumb and blind.

Creepy_Ass_Cracka 2 hours ago
Al Sharpton is looking like the downstairs resident of a two-story outhouse right about now

shadetree56 10 hours ago
the state rested with nothing. In fact the state witnesses HELPED the defense. No malice or intent was proven. Why the judge did'nt put this dead-dog case out of it's misery we'll never know.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#162855 Jul 6, 2013
O’Mara Presser On First Day of Zimmerman Defense 7/5/13

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/07/0...

60 Responses to it.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

United States

#162856 Jul 6, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not one Libtard has explained what crime Zimmerman committed before Trayvon attacked him. What COWARDS they are!!!
Not one Dufus has explained why a statutory crime is necessary to constitute sufficient harassment for an alleged attack for which there is no corroborating evidence. Not one Dufus has explained why a harassing vigilante's reckless actions should not be considered provocation engendering culpability for manslaughter.

What Dufuses they are. Or is it Dufi?

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

United States

#162857 Jul 6, 2013
American Lady wrote:
O’Mara Presser On First Day of Zimmerman Defense 7/5/13
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/07/0...
60 Responses to it.
Wowee Zowee. And what significance of those 60 blog responses? ZERO.

Typical "birfoon-patriot", obsessed with the irrelevant.

BirfoonLady: "Oh me oh my! Sixty responses to a fringe blog" in a country of hundreds of millions in a world of billions.

60? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

United States

#162858 Jul 6, 2013
American Lady wrote:
ABC Chief Legal Affairs Anchor and Mediaite founder Dan Abrams told Good Morning America on Saturday that the prosecution in the Zimmerman trial had failed to make its case for convicting George Zimmerman beyond a reasonable doubt, and that the jury had little legal basis to anything but acquit.
“The prosecution’s case is now in,” Abrams said.“They’ve presented all of their evidence. I do not see how the jury, as a legal matter, convicts of either second degree murder or manslaughter.”
Watch the exchange here
VIDEO:
via ABC:
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/abcs-dan-abrams-pr...
scoggin 21 minutes ago
Given this guy's CV, I would have expected him to be on Martin's side. I guess not all libturds are dumb and blind.
Creepy_Ass_Cracka 2 hours ago
Al Sharpton is looking like the downstairs resident of a two-story outhouse right about now
shadetree56 10 hours ago
the state rested with nothing. In fact the state witnesses HELPED the defense. No malice or intent was proven. Why the judge did'nt put this dead-dog case out of it's misery we'll never know.
ABC News is not the jury. I'll wait for the jury verdict and accept the rule of law, unlike birfoons.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#162859 Jul 6, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Not one Dufus has explained why a statutory crime is necessary to constitute sufficient harassment for an alleged attack for which there is no corroborating evidence. Not one Dufus has explained why a harassing vigilante's reckless actions should not be considered provocation engendering culpability for manslaughter.
What Dufuses they are. Or is it Dufi?
NOT a 'vigilante'!!!
Refer to Post #162853

PLUS ...
Prosecution IS DONE!
Can NOT present ANYMORE evidence!

Defense will USE lots of prosecution witness testimony!
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#162860 Jul 6, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Liars invoked the provision of 776.041 which refers to justification under 776.013, aka, "Stand-Your-Ground". But now Mr. Liars has flip-flopped again and his comments are no longer concerned with the Zimmerman case and not relevant to the conversation with Rogue, in re Zimmerman, which he horned in on.
Grow up and make up your mind, and do try to figure out what "on-point" means.
<quoted text>
My comments never were in regards to the Zimmerman case. You're dense, my boy! You got stomped and can't admit it. What a "man" you are! LMAO!!!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#162861 Jul 6, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
"Ah," but the law does expect sufficient credible evidence to support prima facie showing. Serious injuries are accepted. A scratch and a bump are not sufficient.
Duh!
<quoted text>
Nope, you is wrong.
• In Winter Springs, Owen Eugene Whitlock came home on Christmas Eve 2009 to find his daughter's boyfriend, Jose Ramirez, angrily stalking up his driveway, flexing his muscles and swinging his fists. Whitlock stood his ground and fired a fatal shot. He was not charged.
http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/cri...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#162862 Jul 6, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Wowee Zowee. And what significance of those 60 blog responses? ZERO.
Typical "birfoon-patriot", obsessed with the irrelevant.
BirfoonLady: "Oh me oh my! Sixty responses to a fringe blog" in a country of hundreds of millions in a world of billions.
60? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
60? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!...said woo woo the 'dumchit'...

Sometimes ONE ...
is BETTER than millions.
More truthful and to the point!

You have made MANY on here that are WORTHLESS!

:)

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#162863 Jul 6, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
ABC News is not the jury. I'll wait for the jury verdict and accept the rule of law, unlike birfoons.
But what if the judge dismisses the case on Monday? I am not saying she will or won't but she could. Will you riot with the rest of the Libtards. Conservatives never riot!

“zero nuclear weapons”

Since: Sep 08

Perryville

#162864 Jul 6, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Israelis did not care, why where those people punished? The PM lost his job!!!
Yes, I know all about the USS Liberty. Certainly a lot more than you do. You have no concept of combat and the fog of war. How does it feel to be an ignoramus?
Rouge the people who were on the Liberty mantian to this day that Israel knew that they were attacking a American Ship. If you think they are wrong i suggest you cantact the http://usslibertyveterans.org/index.html

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#162865 Jul 6, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
ABC News is not the jury. I'll wait for the jury verdict and accept the rule of law, unlike birfoons.
Wazz da matta, ABC News is a George Soros approved source?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Dec '10) 2 min honeymylove 2,562
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 min Go Blue Forever 103,643
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min VetnorsGate 1,433,327
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 22 min RACE 2,081
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 23 min RACE 3,200
Word (Dec '08) 25 min RACE 6,757
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 26 min RACE 9,548

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages