BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Comments (Page 7,148)

Showing posts 142,941 - 142,960 of167,627
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Opensecrets org wrote:
<quoted text>
No Republican administration has balanced a budget since Eisenhower in 1957.
Dwight Eisenhower was last Republican President to preside over a balanced budget. He had a balanced budget in 1956 and 1957. Since then, there have been two presidents to preside over balanced budgets, LBJ in 1969 and Clinton in 1998 through 2001. During the last 40 years there have been five budget surpluses, all five were under Democratic Presidents: 1969, 1998, 1999, 2000, and 2001.
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Rogue ain't gonna like that one bit. He'll say that 3 or it 4, of them were Gingrich budgets who singlehandedly wrote all 3/4.
It was FOUR but Speaker Gingrich was not under a Republican administration but a DEMOCRAT one. You do remember that Bill Clinton was a Democrat, don't you???
And no, I have never claimed Newt wrote them. Only that they were written by his staff. But they did not stop Clinton from vetoing the bill and shutting down the government!

1996 United States federal budget
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The 1996 United States federal budget is the United States federal budget to fund government operations for the fiscal year 1996, which was October 1995 – September 1996. This budget was the first to be submitted after the Republican Revolution in the 1994 midterm elections. Disagreements between Democratic President Bill Clinton and Republicans led by Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich led to the United States federal government shutdown of 1995 and 1996.
Opensecrets org

Islip Terrace, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, you are a Extreme Libertarian. Well Gen. Peter Schoomaker did not say that and you can not prove it. I have know enough generals in my time and even a loony-left like Colon Powell or Wesley Clark would not have said that to Congress.
By the way, some generals did some funny math in the early 1980s and Congress got even. In fact I was in a meeting with Gen. Colon Powell when he read the letter from Congress. I could go into the details but I seem to bore people so this time I won't.
You personally knew Powell?

How about Eisenhower?

Do you go all the way back to George Washington?

lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

President Obama’s Missed Budget Deadlines
An Unprecedented Disrespect for the Law
January 27, 2012
The Budget and Accounting Act of 1921 requires the President to submit his budget request for the upcoming fiscal year no later than the first Monday of February. Earlier this week, the Obama administration announced that for the third time in four years it will not adhere to this legal deadline. The Office of Management and Budget cites “the need to finalize decisions and technical details of the document.” This failure to meet statutory budget obligations has become a pernicious pattern for the President and his party’s leaders. For over 1,000 days, Senate Democrats have failed to pass a budget resolution, ignoring the legal requirement to pass a budget resolution by April 15 of each year.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

I have said this before that I consider myself a Conservatarian in that I am a Conservative with Libertarian leanings.
In 2012 the Libertarian presidential candidate got 1%(1,275,821 votes) of the popular vote. Most Libertarians vote Republican. Indeed both Ron and Ran Paul are Libertarians who are in the Republican Party but I would never vote for either of them as a presidential candidate.
Many TEA Partiers are Libertarians but I can not give you numbers. They are a strong force at Speaker Bonehead knows.

United States presidential election, 2012[26]
Election on November 6, 2012
Party Candidate Votes %±%
Democratic Barack Obama (inc.) 65,899,583 51.03%-1.84%
Republican Mitt Romney 60,931,966 47.19%+1.59%
Libertarian Gary Johnson 1,275,821 0.99%+0.59%
Green Jill Stein 468,907 0.36%+0.24%
Constitution Virgil Goode 121,616 0.09%-0.06%
wojar

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are farmers greedy people?
And Dufus thinks corporate factory farming is Ma and Pa Kettle.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, you are a Extreme Libertarian. Well Gen. Peter Schoomaker did not say that and you can not prove it. I have know enough generals in my time and even a loony-left like Colon Powell or Wesley Clark would not have said that to Congress.
By the way, some generals did some funny math in the early 1980s and Congress got even. In fact I was in a meeting with Gen. Colon Powell when he read the letter from Congress. I could go into the details but I seem to bore people so this time I won't.
Opensecrets org wrote:
<quoted text>
You personally knew Powell?
How about Eisenhower?
Do you go all the way back to George Washington?
lol
No, I have never talked to the man. But I was in two dozen meetings with him. I supported my colonel who supported our general who did the talking!
But I did shake Alma Powell's hand. My wife had a coffee which Alma attended.
Oh, the the late 1980's the Powells drove a ten year old, faded light blue, Buick station wagon. Oh, and there are very few military houses with garages although my dad's house on Upton Cir., Fort Sill, OK had a carriage house which you might have been able to squeeze a VW Bug into.
I lived on Red Cloud Rd. at Fort Rucker and I had a car port! My, then, eight year old daughter said we lived on "Snob Hill" and a half-dozen houses from the post commander's house. Some of the other kids would not talk to her because she lived on Snob Hill.
Oh, CW4s are Field Grade and get the same quarters as majors through colonels get.
On a pay scale, a CW4 gets slightly more than a Sergeant Major but slightly less than a Major. A CW5 gets between a Major and a LTC. I know that pisses Jacqueau off as he thinks warrant officers are enlisted men.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

I retired as a CW4 having been promoted to that rank at age 34. I was also promoted to CW3 at age 28 and CW2 at age ...... 20!!!
And G.H.W. Bush as an 18 year old Navy Ensign pilot!!! I was 19 when I got my WO1 bar.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Opensecrets org wrote:
<quoted text>
Dwight Eisenhower was last Republican President to preside over a balanced budget. He had a balanced budget in 1956 and 1957. Since then, there have been two presidents to preside over balanced budgets, LBJ in 1969 and Clinton in 1998 through 2001. During the last 40 years there have been five budget surpluses, all five were under Democratic Presidents: 1969, 1998, 1999, 2000, and 2001.<quoted text>
It was FOUR but Speaker Gingrich was not under a Republican administration but a DEMOCRAT one. You do remember that Bill Clinton was a Democrat, don't you???
And no, I have never claimed Newt wrote them. Only that they were written by his staff. But they did not stop Clinton from vetoing the bill and shutting down the government!
The 1996 United States federal budget is the United States federal budget to fund government operations for the fiscal year 1996, which was October 1995 – September 1996. This budget was the first to be submitted after the Republican Revolution in the 1994 midterm elections. Disagreements between Democratic President Bill Clinton and Republicans led by Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich led to the United States federal government shutdown of 1995 and 1996.
How about commenting on "small gov't repubs" after figures showing they grew the gov't fastest of all and never ever balance a budget. How about naming one Repub president since 1900 who was not a progressive. If you finally answer, and according to what you've let on so far, NOT ONE SINGLE ONE. But you're still hoping. You're more patient than Chicago Cub fans.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Opensecrets org wrote:
<quoted text>
Dwight Eisenhower was last Republican President to preside over a balanced budget. He had a balanced budget in 1956 and 1957. Since then, there have been two presidents to preside over balanced budgets, LBJ in 1969 and Clinton in 1998 through 2001. During the last 40 years there have been five budget surpluses, all five were under Democratic Presidents: 1969, 1998, 1999, 2000, and 2001.
<quoted text>
Rogue ain't gonna like that one bit. He'll say that 3 or it 4, of them were Gingrich budgets who singlehandedly wrote all 3/4.

<quoted text>
How about commenting on "small gov't repubs" after figures showing they grew the gov't fastest of all and never ever balance a budget. How about naming one Repub president since 1900 who was not a progressive. If you finally answer, and according to what you've let on so far, NOT ONE SINGLE ONE. But you're still hoping. You're more patient than Chicago Cub fans.
No, how about you rebutting my response about YOUR comment about Newt Gingrich? But you are such a coward all you want to do is switch subjects!!!
But the way, the last Bush budget was only $2.7T while every one of Obama's was been over $3.7T!!!
Ellen1

Arlington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Re: "Obama is the Antichrist set-up by the Freemasons/Illuminati to run their NWO from the UN."

You seem to be trying very hard to give a great example of how nutty birthers really are. You are doing a great job. Keep up the excellent work!
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You may be right.
But, prediction-wise, you don't exactly shine now do you? What if he is found guilty, how will you take back your words? Same as Obama's election? Fraud? Democrat jury and judge? too many women on the jury? too many blacks on the jury? Or will you just accept the verdict like a man?
I'm checking off this post, will bring it back and throw it in your face if Zimmerman loses. And you'll deny it, or say I didn't get it, or say you already explained it. Like "can you hear us coming?"
I'm not making any predictions, except to say that legal representation seemed very good, very professional on both sides. I'll let the jury decide.
What prediction was made in my post?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

It's funny watching Libtards trying to explain why the weather in Europe has been cooler and wetter over the past few years. Meanwhile the pray to the Sun Gawd to turn up the heat!

Climate change: the rain in Spain
Another miserable summer season is just a reminder that climate is the long-term average of ups and downs
The Guardian, Sunday 23 June 2013

Weather is what happens. Climate is the sum of what happens, averaged over a generation or more. The unpromising start to the British summer, and the apparent recent trend towards cool, wet summers, are just that: an unpromising start, and an apparent trend. Neither is in itself an indicator of climate change. Rain in June does not mean that global warming is not happening. A succession of disappointing summers does not mean that in a warmer world Britain can expect mild winters and wet summers as a matter of course. The Met Office conclusion that Britain might be caught in a natural cycle of cooler summers with more rainfall than usual – and that describes six of the past seven summers – is just a reminder that climate is the long-term average of ups and downs.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Yep, in Atlanta right now it is 69 degrees and tomorrow's high is suppose to be 76! Ah, this is JULY, isn't it?
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Oh, the good speller. Seeing as kerplunk is not to be found in the dictionary, as your warped mind made it up, does it really matter whether it ends in "g" or "k"? And you think you look smart?
Are you not just a wee bit embarrassed?
Not at all! Only laughing at your inability to coordinate your fingers so they hit the proper keys. LMAO! Perhaps you should give Voice Recognition a try? Eh?
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all! Only laughing at your inability to coordinate your fingers so they hit the proper keys. LMAO! Perhaps you should give Voice Recognition a try? Eh?
BTW,

I hear Rosetta Stone even offers a "lisp" version.
Frank

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Destroy? Destroy when all I hear is how the economy is improving, how the country is moving away from the GWB-created abyss, extricating itself out of unplanned, unfunded and unwinnable wars? Look around you, boy, take a good look.
There are twice as many people unemployed and twice as many people on welfare now than before Obama took the Democrat nomination in 2008. The economy is not getting better,no matter what numbers you look at. The Fed has been pumping 85 billion dollars a month into Wall Street to subsidize the filthy rich,just to try to make it look like the economy is better. The House of Cards will always be nothing but that until there are major changes in Washington DC. Obama has never anything in the best interest of our country,he only does something for Obama.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
What prediction was made in my post?
Does this sound like the prosecution is gonna win?

Justice LRS wrote:

The prosecution is expected to close its case today. Did they even score a point? They managed to shoot themselves in both feet but I didn't see much of a case. This is a perfect example of why you don't want the gov. in the private sector! Incompetence!

"Did the secure a point?...shoot themselves in both feet, but not much of a case...perfect example of why you don't want the gov. in the private sector! Incompetence."

Suuuure, no prediction.

Was it the gov't that caused all those brokers, investment bankers, bankers, mortgage brokers and lenders to go broke? How competent were they? Who bailed the out? The gov't and the gov't = the people. Just btw.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
So now that you can't find anything amiss, it's typing. Yawn.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Yep, in Atlanta right now it is 69 degrees and tomorrow's high is suppose to be 76! Ah, this is JULY, isn't it?
And here it was 10F above normal,+15F tomorrow. Yup, it's July all right.

Why don't you mention how the west is burning up? Temps in the 120s but hey, Rogue's on Atlanta's case. I also notice Ft Lauderdale Fla is only 25F, way below normal. Let's check next week, why don't we?
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Does this sound like the prosecution is gonna win?
Justice LRS wrote:
The prosecution is expected to close its case today. Did they even score a point? They managed to shoot themselves in both feet but I didn't see much of a case. This is a perfect example of why you don't want the gov. in the private sector! Incompetence!
"Did the secure a point?...shoot themselves in both feet, but not much of a case...perfect example of why you don't want the gov. in the private sector! Incompetence."
Suuuure, no prediction.
Was it the gov't that caused all those brokers, investment bankers, bankers, mortgage brokers and lenders to go broke? How competent were they? Who bailed the out? The gov't and the gov't = the people. Just btw.
As usual, you read things "into" posts that simply aren't there. I'm sorry but you lost me with, "did the secure a point". WTF? Again, where is my prediction? You say I made one, where is it? As you like to say, put up or shut up!(lmao)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 142,941 - 142,960 of167,627
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

37 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Abby 4-19 5 min Mister Tonka 23
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min OzRitz 43,011
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min killtaker 1,034,226
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 18 min cheluzal 96,140
gay (May '13) 33 min anthony23 10
Music Artists A to Z 33 min _Zoey_ 93
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 35 min _Zoey_ 4,031
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••