BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story
Sunlight Foundation com

Sayville, NY

#161952 Jul 1, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what is the Sunlight Foundation?
Sunlight shines light on corporations.

Since: Oct 09

Moreno Valley, CA

#161953 Jul 1, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
I was cleaning my basement yesterday and found a stack of old magazines from many countries, and notably Newsweek and Time . Herewith some excerpts from the Sept 6, 1976 issue, fully 37 years ago. This one is a survey conducted in the U.S.:
Do you favor a comprehensive national health bill?
Yes : 61%à
No : 23%
Do you favor increasing the defense budget?
Yes : 45%
No: 44%
Do you favour registration of all hand guns?
Yes : 65%
No : 30%
Well, history shows how the elected representatives respect the will of its citizens. Yeah, sure.
Then a HEADLINE with the story :
A LONG, HOT SUMMER FOR DETROIT.(reminder this is Sept 1976) This at a time when Detroit was speeding along on all GM, Ford and Chrysler cylinders.
Well, Rogue, what's new? Who was president, which party held power then?
Obama ran on reforming healthcare in 08 and won in a landslide. You would have probably got those same poll numbers then til Fox and the Rethugs started reframing the debate with their bused in town hall mobs.

Single payer which was obviously the better plan was out of the question so Obama settled for what use to be the Republican health care plan.

Poor Romney thought the Rethugs were actually serious with their so called Clinton alternative at the time and jumped right on it in Massachusetts, however said he’d overturn Obamacare in every stump speech he made.

My guess is the majority of the electorate did not want to see Obamacare overturned.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#161954 Jul 1, 2013
IF this thread is STILL here....MUST mean... Something....WHAT..I don't KNOW!!!
Crazy Old Woman

Kansas City, MO

#161955 Jul 1, 2013
Hey trish

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#161956 Jul 1, 2013
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Lord! You no doubt didn’t watch the video. LOL……. The good Rev should leave rappin to the young folk and try to refrain from calling Jesus “My N…a”
Yeah I know; I hear young folk white, black, brown and yellow use the term out here, but it still sounds ridiculous.
You’re right of course. If you want to bring in young folk you best play at least some music that appeals to them.
Well, I reckon he used the N word the same way it was used in Blazing Saddles. The very opposite, the mocking, of racists.

Ottawa

#161958 Jul 1, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Score another one for First Amendment Rights.
NRA T-Shirt Kid Has All Charges Dropped
Written by Gary North on July 1, 2013
A 14-year-old West Virginia middle school student wore an NRA T-shirt to school this spring. It had a picture of an AR-15 on it.
His teacher told him to turn the shirt inside-out. He refused. The teacher told the administration. The administration called the cops. A cop told him to turn it inside-out. He refused. The cops arrested him for obstructing justice — a criminal charge.
A judge has just thrown out the case.“The state of West Virginia is not interested in the possibility of creating a juvenile criminal record for this defendant.”
The mother of the boy says she will sue the people who did this to her son.
The case is one more example of tax-funded education run amuck. The anti-gun mania means that students may not even wear a T-shirt with an image of a gun on it. This is gun control taken to the next level.
The solution is not lawsuits. The solution is to pull children out of the tax-funded schools. But most parents refuse to take this step.
Read more: http://teapartyeconomist.com/2013/07/01/nra-t...
We've discussed this before, Rogue and Ill reply the same thing, namely that the US is a nation of 310 million. You bring out ONE example of stupidity by a teacher, implying, oh surprise, that he is a liberal and carry on right to the trial. Any more of those Natioal Enquirer/wnd.com /foxn3ws.com sensationalist dispatches?

Ottawa

#161959 Jul 1, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Score another one for First Amendment Rights.
NRA T-Shirt Kid Has All Charges Dropped
Written by Gary North on July 1, 2013
A 14-year-old West Virginia middle school student wore an NRA T-shirt to school this spring. It had a picture of an AR-15 on it.
His teacher told him to turn the shirt inside-out. He refused. The teacher told the administration. The administration called the cops. A cop told him to turn it inside-out. He refused. The cops arrested him for obstructing justice — a criminal charge.
A judge has just thrown out the case.“The state of West Virginia is not interested in the possibility of creating a juvenile criminal record for this defendant.”
The mother of the boy says she will sue the people who did this to her son.
The case is one more example of tax-funded education run amuck. The anti-gun mania means that students may not even wear a T-shirt with an image of a gun on it. This is gun control taken to the next level.
The solution is not lawsuits. The solution is to pull children out of the tax-funded schools. But most parents refuse to take this step.
Read more: http://teapartyeconomist.com/2013/07/01/nra-t...
P.S.: Well, the fact the parents let the poor child wear a t-shirt emblazoned with a machine gun gives us a hint of their intellectual level. Kid should be taken away and adopted by intelligent and caring parents.

Ottawa

#161960 Jul 1, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
Eurozone countries experience record high unemployment rates. Hmmm, wasn't someone on here bragging about the EU and how we should try some of their ideas? Now, which gumflapper was that?
Might have been me. Most Europeans or all have 100% health care coverage, 6 weeks' vacation per year, 13th month, double vacation pay, clothing allowances for children, children's allowances etc. Oh sure, they are all going through a rough patch right now, but is it any worse than the U.S. rough patch, seeing as they have better benefits, whether employed or not? Did you check all of the EU countries' per captita debt or ratio to GDP? Do that. Then get the U.S. debt numbers and compare. You may be very unpleasantly surprised. Also check their deficit per capita compared to yours.

Then do your usual stumped and awed profane and sex-ridden innuendo reply.

P.S.: You tell me to mind my own business and not comment on U.S. affairs, yet you comment on Europe. Why's THAT allowed? Anyhow, it doesn't matter, as anyone who believes that Canada is "across the pond" and in France ought not even mention anything foreign. Well, while we're at it, anything even U.S.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#161961 Jul 1, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell are you talking about Frank?
Obama is the reason people think Zimmerman was over zealous?
Maybe you could que up a few youtube videos on forming a coherent argument....he he he
People dislike the guy because he did something he had no business doing...then shot a child in the chest.
If anyone needed the SYG laws it was Martin.
If anyone needed the SYG laws it was Martin...said Scrutiny.
``````````

At the point of 'physical contact'...
EACH one was "standing his ground!"

Martin LOST!
Fists and/or physical STRENGTH
do not do well AGAINST a gun!

That IS what guns ARE FOR: Self Defense!

Especially after BASHING said gun owner's HEAD
"against the concrete"

What about THAT do "you" NOT get?
``````````

Guns and Self-Defense
by Gary Kleck, Ph.D.

The rarest, but most serious form of self-defense with a gun is a defensive killing.

The FBI does not publish statistics on self-defense killings per se, but it did start publishing counts of civilian justifiable homicides gathered through their Supplementary Homicides Reports program in their 1991 issue.

For a variety of reasons, the FBI counts of civilian justifiable homicides represent only a minority of all civilian legal defensive homicides.

FBI-counted civilian justifiable homicides were used to estimate total civilian legal defensive homicides. FBI counts of police justifiable homicides are also reported here.

Regardless of which counts of homicides by police are used, the results indicate that civilians legally kill far more felons than police officers do. The figures imply that, of 24,614 civilian (not by police) homicide deaths in the United States in 1990, about 1400 to 3200, or 5.6% to 13.0% were legal civilian defensive homicides.

This estimate was independently confirmed by the only national study of homicide dispositions done to date. Analysis of 231 homicides occurring in the U.S. in the first week of May, 1989 indicated that between 15 (6.5%) and 28 (12.1%) were ruled justifiable.

http://www.pulpless.com/gunclock/kleck2.html

Fact Sheet: Guns Save Lives

A. Guns save more lives than they take; prevent more injuries than they inflict

* Guns used 2.5 million times a year in self-defense. Law-abiding citizens use guns to defend themselves against criminals as many as 2.5 million times every year -- or about 6,850 times a day. 1 This means that each year, firearms are used more than 80 times more often to protect the lives of honest citizens than to take lives. 2

* Of the 2.5 million times citizens use their guns to defend themselves every year, the overwhelming majority merely brandish their gun or fire a warning shot to scare off their attackers. Less than 8% of the time, a citizen will kill or wound his/her attacker.3

B. Concealed carry laws help reduce crime

https://www.gunowners.org/sk0802htm.htm
Europe Not Sustainable

Tampa, FL

#161963 Jul 1, 2013
American Lady

Danville, KY

#161964 Jul 1, 2013
TUNE IN
to FOX NEWS Channel
for further TRUTHFUL details!

Prosecution is dying, BY their OWN witnesses :)

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#161965 Jul 1, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
If anyone needed the SYG laws it was Martin...said Scrutiny.
``````````
At the point of 'physical contact'...
EACH one was "standing his ground!"
Martin LOST!
Fists and/or physical STRENGTH
do not do well AGAINST a gun!
That IS what guns ARE FOR: Self Defense!
Especially after BASHING said gun owner's HEAD
"against the concrete"
What about THAT do "you" NOT get?
``````````
Guns and Self-Defense
by Gary Kleck, Ph.D.
The rarest, but most serious form of self-defense with a gun is a defensive killing.
The FBI does not publish statistics on self-defense killings per se, but it did start publishing counts of civilian justifiable homicides gathered through their Supplementary Homicides Reports program in their 1991 issue.
For a variety of reasons, the FBI counts of civilian justifiable homicides represent only a minority of all civilian legal defensive homicides.
FBI-counted civilian justifiable homicides were used to estimate total civilian legal defensive homicides. FBI counts of police justifiable homicides are also reported here.
Regardless of which counts of homicides by police are used, the results indicate that civilians legally kill far more felons than police officers do. The figures imply that, of 24,614 civilian (not by police) homicide deaths in the United States in 1990, about 1400 to 3200, or 5.6% to 13.0% were legal civilian defensive homicides.
This estimate was independently confirmed by the only national study of homicide dispositions done to date. Analysis of 231 homicides occurring in the U.S. in the first week of May, 1989 indicated that between 15 (6.5%) and 28 (12.1%) were ruled justifiable.
http://www.pulpless.com/gunclock/kleck2.html
Fact Sheet: Guns Save Lives
A. Guns save more lives than they take; prevent more injuries than they inflict
* Guns used 2.5 million times a year in self-defense. Law-abiding citizens use guns to defend themselves against criminals as many as 2.5 million times every year -- or about 6,850 times a day. 1 This means that each year, firearms are used more than 80 times more often to protect the lives of honest citizens than to take lives. 2
* Of the 2.5 million times citizens use their guns to defend themselves every year, the overwhelming majority merely brandish their gun or fire a warning shot to scare off their attackers. Less than 8% of the time, a citizen will kill or wound his/her attacker.3
B. Concealed carry laws help reduce crime
https://www.gunowners.org/sk0802htm.htm
The only known witness to the fight says....

when she came out side and shouted at the pair...Martin was calling for her to call the cops.

He finished Zimmerman and was walking back and forth near the dumpsters.

Somehow the child still ended up getting shot in the chest.

Fight was over honey.

THAT is why he is charged with 2nd degree murder...and not manslaughter.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#161966 Jul 1, 2013
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/videogallery/7...

Now that the fable of defender of the community fires on his brutal assailant in an attempt to save his life is gone....

Now what?

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#161968 Jul 1, 2013
You are preaching to the choir AL...

I am a certifiable gun enthusiast.

Hell, I plan to go shooting a bit later today.

Just because the kid got shot doesn't mean it was justified.

I am all about the 2nd amendment.

I understand wanting to believe this was a righteous necessary justifiable case of self defense.

Would make a good story for next month's Guns and Ammo....

But it clearly was not.

Martin beat Zimmerman.
Asked neighbors call the police.
Was no longer in contact with Zimmerman at all.
Awaiting the arrival of the police.

THEN....a 17 yr old got plugged center mass.

This doesn't sound like...look like...or smell like ...self defense.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#161969 Jul 1, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com /videogallery/76480094/Neighbo r-says-man-on-top-said-call-po lice#gl-0
Now that the fable of defender of the community fires on his brutal assailant in an attempt to save his life is gone....
Now what?
OS is greatly 'biased'...
Learn to read a more "truthful" site!

AND
"watch" more truthful news!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#161970 Jul 1, 2013
AngryOldWhiteguy wrote:
<quoted text>BE ADVISED FOX is owned and operated by the same evil-cabal which runs NPR, CBS & BBC. They are called the Freemasons(Illuminati).
Obama is an illegal-alien and the Son-of-Perdition.
That does not come into play with the *HONEST* people who work there!

You are going into a WHOLE different realm than I'm debating!
Ellen1

Arlington, MA

#161971 Jul 1, 2013
AngryOldWhiteguy wrote:
<quoted text>BE ADVISED FOX is owned and operated by the same evil-cabal which runs NPR, CBS & BBC. They are called the Freemasons(Illuminati).
Obama is an illegal-alien and the Son-of-Perdition.
Obama was born in Hawaii,as his birth certificate and the confirmation of the officials of BOTH parties in Hawaii (including the former Republican governor) show. As for "the son-of-perdition," it is your right to think so, but your view does not affect the FACT that despite such lies Obama was re-elected last November with 332 Electoral Votes to Mitt Romney's 206 and with close to five million more votes than Mitt Romney.

For Obama to have been born in a foreign country:

(1) Obama’s relatives would have had to have been rich enough (and they weren’t. In 1961 Obama’s grandfather was a furniture salesman, and his grandmother was a low-level employee in a bank, and his father went from Kenya to Hawaii on a free flight) and dumb enough to send their daughter at high risk of stillbirth to a foreign country to give birth—-—despite there being fine hospitals in Hawaii;

(2) Obama’s mother would have had to have traveled overseas ALONE (since WND has proven with a FOI Act request that Obama senior stayed in Hawaii throughout 1961) and somehow got Obama back to the USA without getting him entered on her US passport or getting a visa for him (which would have had to have been applied for in a US consulate in that country and the records would still exist);

(3) got the officials in Hawaii to record his birth in Hawaii despite (as birthers claim) his being born in another country and somehow got the teacher who wrote home to her father, named Stanley, about the birth in Hawaii of a child to a woman named Stanley to lie (and since the woman’s father’s name really was Stanley, she would have had to have found one of the very few women with fathers of that name to do it).

If you sincerely believe that Obama could have been born in a foreign country, then you could answer all three points. For Obama to have been born in a foreign country, all three would have had to have happened.

So, the question is, what are the chances that all three happened?

Since: Oct 09

Moreno Valley, CA

#161973 Jul 1, 2013
AngryOldWhiteguy wrote:
<quoted text>SIMPLE It means that Obama was indeed born a British Subject in Kenya before he was adopted as Moslem Barry Soetoro in Indonesia. The Hawaiian Birth Certificate is forged and he is using a stolen Social Security number. Dr.Alan Schecter delivered the little turd in Mombassa and Lucas D. Smith smuggled the Birth Certificate out of Kenya in 2008 before this usurper was officially selected by the godless commies who now run the world. Our elections are a sham, same-sex marriage is the abomination-of-desolation and Pope Francis is The False Prophet. NYC is Babylon and BHO is The Antichrist.
Is that what you think it means?

I think it means reality doesn’t change whether you believe in it or not. Last I heard Obama is still the POTUS and apparently you’re still dreaming. That’s the reality.

Your rhetoric sounds ancient as well. Could be you’re caught in a time warp or something. This is 2013 and we have a black president who was duly elected (twice) by the people. Get over it already.
President Obama

Zambia

#161975 Jul 1, 2013
Hey Guys! Saw this thread about me. I'm on vacation visiting my home town.
Anyone need any obamacare waivers?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#161976 Jul 1, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
IF this thread is STILL here....MUST mean... Something....WHAT..I don't KNOW!!!
Unfortunatly it means the usurper is still in the White House ,,,,, after he gets back fro his vacation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min shinningelectr0n 1,154,628
Disgraceful treatment at O'Hare 19 min joey 2
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 71,140
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IBdaMann 49,256
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr KiMare 51,267
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,897
French researchers find new strain of HIV virus... (Aug '09) 4 hr dango64 6
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr PEllen 98,858
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News