BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Comments (Page 7,070)

Showing posts 141,381 - 141,400 of173,743
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Student booted from class for saying ‘I don’t accept gays’ wins federal lawsuit – The Daily Caller –
A federal district court judge ruled last week that a Michigan high school teacher violated a student’s free speech rights when he kicked the student out of class for voicing disapproval for homosexuality.
The ruling was perhaps a hollow victory for the student, Daniel Glowacki, though, because the judge assessed damages of just a single, solitary dollar.
The incident giving rise to the lawsuit happened in 2010 on national Anti-Bullying Day at Howell High School in Howell, Michigan.
The teacher, Johnson (“Jay”) McDowell got into a heated argument with student Daniel Glowacki in an economics class after Glowacki said he objected to homosexuality because he is Catholic.
Judge Patrick Duggan ruled that the First Amendment protects Glowacki’s speech.
http://news.yahoo.com/student-booted-class-sa...
In a nation of 310 million, you report this miscellaneous trivial happening? You hint, or want to hint, though your msg is so obvious, that the liberal establishment applauds the teacher who censored the boy. As I asked earlier, where do you find this sensational small-item journalism? And what is your catch word to find it?

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
*The Lord's Prayer*
Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy Name.
Thy kingdom come.
THY WILL BE DONE,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but DELIVER US FROM EVIL.
For Thine is the kingdom
and the power
and the glory,
forever and ever.
Amen †
<3
Ephesians 6:12
12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.
Armour of God Prayer
Heavenly father I am ready to take my stand against the powers of darkness. Please help me to stand against the spiritual forces of Evil that want to destroy my Country, my family, and me...
The Helmet of Salvation
The Breastplate of Righteousness
The Belt of Truth
The Gospel of Peace
The Shield of Faith
Sword of the Spirit
I will pray persistently for my "fellow believers" in the authority of Jesus' name, deeded to me according to my Faith...
In Jesus' name I pray...
Amen <3
Hope all my *Patriot* friends Have a Good Day :)
What about your Pravda and communist buddies?
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Sez u.
But you know better than I, right? LMAO! sillyfart

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah VoteVets, I have a personal question. Are you a military vet? Only about 5% of all members of VoteVet.org are and I wonder why you call your organization VoteVets if most of you are not military vets?
Read more at http://www.topix.com/forum/who/barack-obama/T... text>
They are not really for our men and women. I remember when Carter was president and we were running out of toilet paper. And that is not a joke either. Ever see a thousand dollar roll of toilet paper. Well, that is what it cost us when a private sent a receipt for the TP he had to buy at the PX for the barracks. Back in 1980 a typical Congressional Inquiry cost $1,000!
Oh, and Obama is doing it to our men and women in uniform right now and I sure hope we did not have to send them off to war without the proper equipment again!
Oh, and how much did it cost to kill ONE Viet? Just ONE? And incidentally, why'd you kill them or try to? What did they ever do to you? Did they attack the US mainland or interests in any way for you to get involved over there? Domino effect? Did it ever occur?

Carter was president up until 1980, fully 33 years ago. He may hot have been to your liking , and that is fine, it's ok, as he was far from perfect, made mistakes, but he was a sincere religious man, honest as they come, clean-as-a-whistle administration, no scandals, no intrigue, domestic or foreign. He's 86, has devoted his last 30 years to the less fortunate. Leave him alone.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

<quoted text>
Hmm, I see you're still keeping up with the latest news. This one's dated Feb 2008, fully 6 months before Obama's first election. Since you're bringing these lies and fabrications back, how about bringing back "Can you hear us coming?".
What a loser. Unimaginable!
Read more at http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TC6SGHF806...
<quoted text>
Cluelessness, stupidity, irrelevance? All of the foregoing? Could we hear you coming the first time around?
Sorry. None of the above. Now, who is clueless?
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

<quoted text>
What about your Pravda and communist buddies?
I don't think she's a big fan of yours, jackie.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think she's a big fan of yours, jackie.
Of course not, as I am not a fellow communist.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry. None of the above. Now, who is clueless?
"Sorry. None of the above", says Larry to Moe. Boink!

Since: Aug 10

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

LOL, Birthers!
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

FFS- wrote:
LOL, Birthers!
LOL, FFS.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Because VoteVets implies they represent military vets when they do not! Only about 5% of their members are military vets! Do you want to guess what percentage of TEA Partiers are military vets yet they do not claim to represent military vets!!!
My post had nothing to do with VoteVets.

RationalState

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
But that is not what the United Nation says. And the UN says nothing about "economic" asylum. Only political asylum.
Just like the Geneva Accords only covers LAWFUL combatants and not illegal ones like the Taliban and al Qaeda who can be tortured and summarily executed!
Nonsense, and you can not prove me wrong either?
And you can not prove that the Geneva Accords protect ILLEGAL combatants either! All the Geneva Accords is establish who is, and who is not, a legal combatant and how you will treat legal combatants!
Sorry Rouge, you said ":“International law that refugees mus stop at the first country to pass through but it seldom works out that way.”

You made the claim and cannot back it up. Nowhere in the UNHCR convention and protocol is first country of asylum defined as "first country to pass through". I cannot point to a section with a non-definition. It ain't there. Duh!

According to the Refugee Convention "there are three situations in which a state may decline to protect a person because he or she can obtain protection elsewhere: where a person has more than one nationality, he will not satisfy the definition of refugee if “he has not availed himself of the protection of one of the countries of which he is a national”(Article 1A(2)); where a person has de facto nationality in another country the Convention “shall not apply”(Article 1E); and where a refugee acquires a new nationality and enjoys the protection of the country of new nationality the Convention “shall cease to apply”(Article 1C)." Michelle Foster, Responsibility Sharing or Shifting?“Safe” Third Countries and International Law. 25 Refuge 64 (2008). Citing James C. Hathaway, The Rights of Refuges under International Law (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2005).

Sorry Rouge, you're FOS.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>Nonsense. UNHCR does not define first country of asylum as first foreign country a refugee sets foot on. If Rouge disagrees he is welcome to cite relevant article of the convention.

RationalState

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Because VoteVets implies they represent military vets when they do not! Only about 5% of their members are military vets! Do you want to guess what percentage of TEA Partiers are military vets yet they do not claim to represent military vets!!!
I admit that I am computer challenged but if I can do it, you can two. Ever hear of Wikipedia?
"In February 2007, a VoteVets.org spokesman told the The Washington Post that the group had 20,000 members, including 1,000 veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan'."
Okay, let's do the math. If you have 20,000 of anything but only 1,000 of them are purple while the rest are pink, what percentage is purple?
Yes, the founder is a veteran of the war in Iraq but their major goal has nothing to do with veterans but by pushing the progressive agenda!
The rest are - what? Got a clue how many veterans there are who are not Iraq and Afghanistan vets? Hey Rouge, are you an Iraq or Afghanistan vet? So if you were a member you wouldn't count as a vet? Really?

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
Einstein is probably the best known and most highly revered scientist of the twentieth century, and is associated with major revolutions in our thinking about time, gravity, and the conversion of matter to energy (E=mc2)
All that cutting and pasting...so little information.

Of coarse an APOLOGETICS website will try to claim Einstein.

Your god and the god Einstein spoke of are two very different things. Einsteins god was the elegant simplicity of the cosmos. You don't talk to him, there is no such thing as sin, and the thought of a personal relationship is laughable. To him god lived in mathematics and conceptual physics.

"God does not play dice" was a figure of speech.(He turned out to be wrong)

"The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this."

Letter to philosopher Eric Gutkind, January 3, 1954

Einstein actually made it very clear once and for all that any association between him and a religious god is simply...a lie.

Einstein continuously was quoted without source to be a "man of god" he did his best to put a stop to this.

"It was, of course, a LIE what you read about my religious convictions, a LIE which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it."

- Albert Einstein,(1954), quoted in Albert Einstein: The Human Side
You Cut and paste lies according to the man himself.

Einsteins problem with the word atheist is the same one most atheist have. We don't have a word to describe our non-belief in Santa, or the Easter bunny...or the boogeyman.

Anti-theist better describes the state of mind.

Newton was a believer outwardly...he knew what happened to scientist that tore down the model that mythology laid out. He also invoked a "god of the gaps" filler for incomplete theories. What it boils down to is that Newton knew how close he would be to getting burned at the stake.

Once his real beliefs surfaced he was labeled a heretic.

http://www.isaac-newton.org/heretic.pdf

This is going to be difficult to describe to someone who doesn't have referance to hi-caliber mathematics.

Newton had created a mathematics that could explain how the solar system worked. Gravity...inertia...velocity for each object in the solar system.

It was not complete...for example... it didn't take into account the planets pulling on each other. And his answer was "God fixes it every once in a while."

What this meant was that Newton had reached as far as he could stretch. And in essence...gave up.(Enter God)

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Sir Isaac Newton's work represents some of the greatest contributions to science ever made by an individual. Most notably, Newton derived the Law of Universal Gravitation, invented the branch of mathematics called Calculus, and performed experiments investigating the nature of light and color. He also was scholar of the Bible and devoted much time to its study.

Sir Isaac had an accomplished artisan fashion for him a small scale model of our solar system which was to be put in a room in Newton's home when completed. The assignment was finished and installed on a large table. The workman had done a very commendable job, simulating not only the various sizes of the planets and their relative proximities, but also so constructing the model that everything rotated and orbited when a crank was turned. It was an interesting, even fascinating work, as you can image, particularly to anyone schooled in the sciences.

A scientist friend of Newton's came by for a visit. Seeing the model, he was naturally intrigued, and proceeded to examine it with undisguised admiration for the high quality of the workmanship.

"Oh My! What an exquisite thing this is!" Newton's friend exclaimed. "Who made it?"

Paying little attention to him, Sir Isaac answered, "Nobody."

Stopping his inspection, the visitor turned and said, "Oh? Evidently you did not understand my question. I asked who made this?"

Newton, enjoying himself immensely no doubt, replied in a still more serious tone, "Nobody. What you see just happened to assume the form it now has."

"You must think I am a fool!" the visitor retorted heatedly, "Of course somebody made it, and he is a genius, and I would like to know who he is."

Newton then spoke to his friend in a polite yet firm way: "This thing is but a puny imitation of a much grander system whose laws you know, and I am not able to convince you that this mere toy is without a designer and maker; yet you profess to believe that the great original from which the design is taken has come into being without either designer or maker! Now tell me by what sort of reasoning do you reach such an incongruous conclusion?

RationalState

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Blondie, I just pointed out where you were incorrect. You used the word requirment, not I. The rest of your post is gibberish.
She was not incorrect. LRS is clueless. If it is necessary to show a BC that was sent to momma in order to prove facts of birth to a paranoid schizophrenic, then it is a requirement imposed by the nutball. However, schizophrenics typically cannot draw rational inferences. This is a case in point.
Ellen1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rational readers will notice that although LRS has CLAIMED "it is much more than speculation," LRS has not cited a single fact.
"Yep, blonde."
Not that my hair color matters, but the willingness to call a brunette a blonde is typical of birther LIARS.
It is like them saying "the Kenyan grandmother said that he was born in Kenya" (she didn't, she said repeatedly that he was born in HAWAII, and she is not a blonde either) or them saying "Obama's lawyer admitted that the birth certificate was forged" (she didn't, and I admit I do not know her hair color). The governor of Hawaii (who is bald, but his beard is gray) did not say that he could not find the birth certificate either.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You're right. It is 5%. Kudos.
But, the fact remains that its founder is a veteran of Iraq, as is the actual president. It is a fact that this grouping is pro-military. One does not have to be anti-military to object to the Afghan and Iraqi wars, quite the opposite. The other 19,000 members can surely not be anti-military either and don't forget, if the Dems had started those wars, VoteVets would still have objected to them, and they'd be branded Republican sympathisers. In Vietnam, you will recall, the 1st war veterazn protesters were against LBJ and his democrats and thereafter against Nixon and his republicans (though Nixon had more, which is normal, the war was dragging on). Try to put a party badge on those vets
Overwhelmingly anti-war protesters are Liberals. In 1968 who protested at the Democrat National Convention in Shitcago?

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

VoteVets org wrote:
<quoted text>
Richard Dawkins is an imbecile.
He thinks the Orangutan was not in Africa.
He doesn't realize that millions and millions of years ago all the continents were grouped together.
It is just speculation on Dawkins part.
Gods word makes just as much sense, IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.
P.S. I am ready for the return fire for calling your hero an imbecile. LOL
Dawkins certainly is not an imbecile. That seems apparent enough.

Nor, is he my hero.

I am into astrophysics...biology isn't really an interest of mine at all.

I do find it hard to believe that Dawkins could make such assertions with zero evidence and none of the scientific community took the opportunity to prove him wrong.(That is what we do)

No return fire.

I do know that Dawkins believes that humans have been around 250,000 years. Millions and millions of years ago when the land masses were more grouped is completely out of context.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

VoteVets org wrote:
<quoted text>
The Tigris–Euphrates rivers are not in Missouri.
Those are facts VV...
They have no biz being anywhere near religion.

I mean...come on.
They have a book.
They claim it is the inspired word of god.
It is the handbook of how to live morally in God's eyes.
If you refuse this information, you spend eternity in hell.
Lots of Morons agree with them...errr, Mormons.
The book says Missouri.

Maybe those rivers were in Missouri at one time? But the continental shift....oh nvm.

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

So..VV?

What is your problem with the Mormons?

They have everything you guys have.

Please explain why the Mormons are nuts.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are facts VV...
They have no biz being anywhere near religion.
I mean...come on.
They have a book.
They claim it is the inspired word of god.
It is the handbook of how to live morally in God's eyes.
If you refuse this information, you spend eternity in hell.
Lots of Morons agree with them...errr, Mormons.
The book says Missouri.
Maybe those rivers were in Missouri at one time? But the continental shift....oh nvm.
(Sorry, couldn't resist)
So..VV?
What is your problem with the Mormons?
They have everything you guys have.
Please explain why the Mormons are nuts.
While you give it a think...know that the Mormons consider you guys to be large caliber idiots.

Christianity is an abomination.(according to the mormons)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 141,381 - 141,400 of173,743
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

26 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 min Le Jimbo 45,555
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 6 min Corrupt Democrats 1,831
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min PDUPONT 1,072,839
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 58 min Go Blue Forever 97,455
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr voice of peace 67,543
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Stuart Cudahy 68,163
Make 1000$ instantly 5 hr generalwon1 1
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 8:58PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search