BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Comments (Page 7,064)

Showing posts 141,261 - 141,280 of173,590
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
LOOPI

Ghana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Jacques Ottawa sat on a wall
Jacques Ottawa had a great fall

All the Kings horses and all the Kings men
Laughed at Jacques as they spat on him
Ellen1

Arlington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Re: "His family was able to afford to send him to the most exclusive school in Hawaii"

But not in 1961. Their earnings improved considerably LATER, when Obama's grandmother became a vice president of a bank. And, duh, even if they had the $10,000 estimated (in 2013 dollars) to send Obama's mother to Kenya or some other country----they wouldn't have spent that money because of the high risk of travel late in pregnancy and the even higher risk because she would have had to have traveled alone (since WND has proven that Obama senior stayed in Hawaii throughout 1961)

Re: then to an expensive and exclusive school in California, then to Columbia and Harvard. "

Answer: Yes, as I said, Obama's family's income improved, but in 1961 it was very low, and BTW, the explanation of how Obama got enough money to go to all those places is ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIPS and US government loans (which are not available to foreigners, only to US citizens).

Re: "According to the State Department Obama didn't have a passport when he traveled to Indonesia."

So he traveled on his mother's US passport, but WHEN HE CAME BACK HE HAD HIS OWN US PASSPORT. How do we know, because (1) he traveled alone, so he could not be on his mother's passport; and (2) if he had used any other country's passport other than a US passport, he would have needed a US VISA on that passport, and no record of his applying for a US visa exists (If it did, the Bush Administration would have found it and used it long ago).

Re: " Did he use an Indonesian passport to return to Hawaii?"

Answer: NO, as explained above, since there is no record of his having applied for a US visa, he must have used a US passport, and that requires that he show a US birth certificate, and we know that he had a US birth certificate---etc.

Re: Did he use an Indonesian passport to travel to Pakistan? "

Answer: THAT is easy enough for you to find out. Call the Indonesian Embassy in Washington and ASK (what an idea). Ask for the press officer. You will learn that Obama never had an Indonesian passport because, duh, he was never an Indonesian citizen (yes there is an unsigned application to a school that says that he was, but people do lie on school applications, you know.)

Re: "Did he use an Kenyan passport to travel from Indonesia,or to Hawaii or to Pakistan? "

You can call the Kenyan embassy too, and you will learn that Obama never had a Kenyan passport.

Re: "Wouldn't we want an honest person to be the resident of The White House? "

Answer: We have had lots of dishonest residents of the White House---all of them, including Obama, were born in the USA.

The odds of Obama having been born in a foreign country remain at millions upon millions to one. First they did not have enough money to spend on such an expensive, risky and stupid trip. Second, they wouldn't have spent it if they had it, since there were perfectly good hospitals in Hawaii. Third, the officials of Kenya say that he certainly was not born there. Fourth, Obama has shown a birth certificate from Hawaii, and the officials of BOTH parties have repeatedly confirmed that they sent the short form and the long form to Obama, and there is further confirmation in the Index Data file and in the birth notices sent to the Hawaii newspapers in 1961 by the DOH of Hawaii.
Ellen1

Arlington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Re: "that RINO, the Cief Justice of the USA. "

That should read, of course, THE CHIEF JUSTICE OF THE USA.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
CUT some of yours for space!
``````````
Genesis 22
6 So Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering and laid it on Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife, and the two of them went together. 7 But Isaac spoke to Abraham his father and said,“My father!”
And he said,“Here I am, my son.”
Then he said,“Look, the fire and the wood, but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?”
8 And Abraham said,“My son, God will provide for Himself the lamb for a burnt offering.” So the two of them went together.
9 Then they came to the place of which God had told him. And Abraham built an altar there and placed the wood in order; and he bound Isaac his son and laid him on the altar, upon the wood. 10 And Abraham stretched out his hand and took the knife to slay his son.
11 But the Angel of the Lord called to him from heaven and said,“Abraham, Abraham!”
So he said,“Here I am.”
12 And He said,“Do not lay your hand on the lad, or do anything to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me.”
13 Then Abraham lifted his eyes and looked, and there behind him was a ram caught in a thicket by its horns. So Abraham went and took the ram, and offered it up for a burnt offering instead of his son. 14 And Abraham called the name of the place, The-Lord-Will-Provide;[b] as it is said to this day,“In the Mount of the Lord it shall be provided.”
15 Then the Angel of the Lord called to Abraham a second time out of heaven, 16 and said:“By Myself I have sworn, says the Lord, because you have done this thing, and have not withheld your son, your only son— 17 blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies. 18 In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice.”
YAHWEH YIREH: the Lord will provide
``````````
Can you even 'imagine' the FAITH Abraham HAD in his Lord to "trust Him" to provide a 'sacrifice'...
instead of having to KILL his only "son" ...???
oh ye of NO faith!... jockitch!
Me of no faith? How about your faith in Santa Claus?

1. Abraham marries his own sister. Commits incest;

2. Abraham, afraid to be "terminated" by the Egyptian king, "lends" him his wife, claiming she is his sister, which is a half-lie, half-truth as she is his half sister after all. He thus reveals himself to be a coward, a girlyman;

3. Abraham has only one son, Isaac. The God of Love, the God who would thunder "Thou shalt not kill" in future 10 Commandments by Cecile B, DeMille, orders Abraham to murder his son, thereby being the first to prematurely break this commandment, His own;

4. The "Angel" stops the demented Abraham's hand from slicing his son like he would a sheep, and the comedy continues;

5. Abraham's wife is approaching 100. She is barren. She gives Abraham permission to impregnate her servant (read : slave) and a son, Ishmael, is born. As recompense for this act of adultery, God allows Abraham' s old lady to bear a son (the one who was to later be immolated). Now that she has her own, she becomces jealous and orders her servant (read : slave) out of her house and tells Abraham the brave man to abandon mother and Ishmael in the desert to die of thirst and hunger, which is a second and third attempted murder by this father of us all. Ishmael fools the old man, he survives.

And so it goes. As I said a few hours earlier, it the Bible were on trial, it would invoke the fifth.

Faith? Shall I tell you what to do with your fables?

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
CUT some of yours for space!
``````````
Genesis 22
6 So Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering and laid it on Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife, and the two of them went together. 7 But Isaac spoke to Abraham his father and said,“My father!”
And he said,“Here I am, my son.”
Then he said,“Look, the fire and the wood, but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?”
8 And Abraham said,“My son, God will provide for Himself the lamb for a burnt offering.” So the two of them went together.
9 Then they came to the place of which God had told him. And Abraham built an altar there and placed the wood in order; and he bound Isaac his son and laid him on the altar, upon the wood. 10 And Abraham stretched out his hand and took the knife to slay his son.
11 But the Angel of the Lord called to him from heaven and said,“Abraham, Abraham!”
So he said,“Here I am.”
12 And He said,“Do not lay your hand on the lad, or do anything to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me.”
13 Then Abraham lifted his eyes and looked, and there behind him was a ram caught in a thicket by its horns. So Abraham went and took the ram, and offered it up for a burnt offering instead of his son. 14 And Abraham called the name of the place, The-Lord-Will-Provide;[b] as it is said to this day,“In the Mount of the Lord it shall be provided.”
15 Then the Angel of the Lord called to Abraham a second time out of heaven, 16 and said:“By Myself I have sworn, says the Lord, because you have done this thing, and have not withheld your son, your only son— 17 blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies. 18 In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice.”
YAHWEH YIREH: the Lord will provide
``````````
Can you even 'imagine' the FAITH Abraham HAD in his Lord to "trust Him" to provide a 'sacrifice'...
instead of having to KILL his only "son" ...???
oh ye of NO faith!... jockitch!
Are you telling me this is getting by you AL?

Let's just put aside the complete impossibility of the Noah story.

You are asking us to respect a guy who would kill his son because he heard voices?

This is a huge issue I take with theist. Because they don't really even believe themselves when they speak the words. They are sooo out of touch they file this one under virtue.(yes, I said virtue)

"Hey son, wanna go for a long gloomy walk?"

Are you kidding us?

What of the woman buried deep in the bible belt who drowns her 4 children on orders from God?

1 born again Judge.
12 christian Jurors.
Being tried in a "christian nation"

There is no "God told me to..." plea.

Guilty, not-guilty, Insanity. That is it.

Not 1 person even considered the possibility this woman was really just listening to God.

Why is that? I mean...this seems to be God's yardstick of faith.

But it is impossible to you that God would tell anyone else to kill their children...stab their spouse...buy a jet...take that job...run for congress.

If you allow this brand of vile nonsense from even one source, you must allow it for all.

The suicide bombing community is ENTIRELY faith based.

Allah told me to fly a jet into that building.
God told me to kill exactly 27 prostitutes.
God said my marriage is an abomination and I should kill my husband.

If the faith community REALLY believed these things. The first thing you would see is the "Act of God" defense in court.

But they don't really believe this. It is reserved ONLY for Abraham all others would be monsters.

Please do yourselves a favor. When asked to revere a person who acts as Abraham...feel free to say "No. Fuck You."

I promise that morally you come out on top, every single time...no exceptions.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Me of no faith? How about your faith in Santa Claus?
1. Abraham marries his own sister. Commits incest;
2. Abraham, afraid to be "terminated" by the Egyptian king, "lends" him his wife, claiming she is his sister, which is a half-lie, half-truth as she is his half sister after all. He thus reveals himself to be a coward, a girlyman;
3. Abraham has only one son, Isaac. The God of Love, the God who would thunder "Thou shalt not kill" in future 10 Commandments by Cecile B, DeMille, orders Abraham to murder his son, thereby being the first to prematurely break this commandment, His own;
4. The "Angel" stops the demented Abraham's hand from slicing his son like he would a sheep, and the comedy continues;
5. Abraham's wife is approaching 100. She is barren. She gives Abraham permission to impregnate her servant (read : slave) and a son, Ishmael, is born. As recompense for this act of adultery, God allows Abraham' s old lady to bear a son (the one who was to later be immolated). Now that she has her own, she becomces jealous and orders her servant (read : slave) out of her house and tells Abraham the brave man to abandon mother and Ishmael in the desert to die of thirst and hunger, which is a second and third attempted murder by this father of us all. Ishmael fools the old man, he survives.
And so it goes. As I said a few hours earlier, it the Bible were on trial, it would invoke the fifth.
Faith? Shall I tell you what to do with your fables?
Half-sister ... BUT not of same mother!
Genesis 20 ...
12 Besides, she really is my sister, the daughter of my father though not of my mother; and she became my wife.

http://christianity.stackexchange.com/questio...

A 'pdf' FROM: Geneva - The Bible of The Pilgrims that came to *America* to get away from
'persecution'....

The First Book Of Moses Called
Genesis

The Argument

Moses in effect declareth the things which are here chiefly to be considered:
First, that the world, and all things therein, were created by God, and that
man being placed in this great Tabernacle of the world to behold God’s
wonderful works, and to praise his Name for the infinite graces, wherewith
he had endued him, fell willingly from God through disobedience; who yet
for his own mercies' sake restored him to life, and confirmed him in the same
by his promise of Christ to come, by whom he should overcome Satan, death
and hell. Secondly, that the wicked, unmindful of God’s most excellent
benefits, remained still in their wickedness, and so falling most horribly from
sin to sin, provoked God (who by his preachers called them continually to
repentance) at length to destroy the whole world. Thirdly, he assureth us by
the examples of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and the rest of the Patriarchs, that
his mercies never fail them, whom he chooseth to be his Church, and to
profess his Name in earth, but in all their afflictions and persecutions he ever
assisteth them, sendeth comfort, and delivereth them. And because the
beginning, increase, preservation and success thereof might be only attributed
to God, Moses sheweth by the examples of Cain, Ishmael, Esau and others,
which were noble in man’s judgment, that this Church dependeth not on the
estimation and nobility of the world; and also by fewness of them, which
have at all times worshipped him purely according to his word, that it
standeth not in the multitude, but in the poor and despised, in the small
flock and little number, that man in his wisdom might be confounded, and
the Name of God ever more praised.

http://www.genevabible.org/files/geneva_bible...

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Half-sister ... BUT not of same mother!
Genesis 20 ...
12 Besides, she really is my sister, the daughter of my father though not of my mother; and she became my wife.
http://christianity.stackexchange.com/questio...
A 'pdf' FROM: Geneva - The Bible of The Pilgrims that came to *America* to get away from
'persecution'....
The First Book Of Moses Called
Genesis
The Argument
Moses in effect declareth the things which are here chiefly to be considered:
First, that the world, and all things therein, were created by God, and that
man being placed in this great Tabernacle of the world to behold God’s
wonderful works, and to praise his Name for the infinite graces, wherewith
he had endued him, fell willingly from God through disobedience; who yet
for his own mercies' sake restored him to life, and confirmed him in the same
by his promise of Christ to come, by whom he should overcome Satan, death
and hell. Secondly, that the wicked, unmindful of God’s most excellent
benefits, remained still in their wickedness, and so falling most horribly from
sin to sin, provoked God (who by his preachers called them continually to
repentance) at length to destroy the whole world. Thirdly, he assureth us by
the examples of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and the rest of the Patriarchs, that
his mercies never fail them, whom he chooseth to be his Church, and to
profess his Name in earth, but in all their afflictions and persecutions he ever
assisteth them, sendeth comfort, and delivereth them. And because the
beginning, increase, preservation and success thereof might be only attributed
to God, Moses sheweth by the examples of Cain, Ishmael, Esau and others,
which were noble in man’s judgment, that this Church dependeth not on the
estimation and nobility of the world; and also by fewness of them, which
have at all times worshipped him purely according to his word, that it
standeth not in the multitude, but in the poor and despised, in the small
flock and little number, that man in his wisdom might be confounded, and
the Name of God ever more praised.
http://www.genevabible.org/files/geneva_bible...
What is your definition of incest? Having sex with one's half-sister is not incest? Really? Would God bless a brother/half-sister marriage or union? Would He?
LNC Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Birthers divert republican attention ..a good in itself!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Mel wrote:
Obama and other in government get away with everything they do. Look at all the spying on citizens, on their cell phones, home phones, computers, etc by the FBI and NSA and they are getting away with that. And all the spending they do and all the trips Obama takes and the IRS spending 50 million to dance around and act stupid and make silly videos, etc. And now Obama spending another 100 million to go to Africa.
Yep, spending OUR money!
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you telling me this is getting by you AL?
Let's just put aside the complete impossibility of the Noah story.
You are asking us to respect a guy who would kill his son because he heard voices?
This is a huge issue I take with theist. Because they don't really even believe themselves when they speak the words. They are sooo out of touch they file this one under virtue.(yes, I said virtue)
CUT because of 'your' PROFANITY!
Do NOT want it in with MY comment!
``````````

Q & A WITH SCRUTINY
Headline:
Arm the homeless!

I Belong To:
my wife.

When I'm Not on Topix:
I work.

I'm Listening To:
Christopher Hitchens <<--<<<-------- --<<<

Read This Book:
There was a crooked man

Favorite Things:
Black Holes and String theory

On My Mind:
The stupidity of intelligent design.

I Believe In:
The elegant simplicity of the cosmos.

http://www.topix.com/member/profile/scrutiny

Christopher Hitchens’ lies do atheism no favors
I'm also an atheist and believe the religious right is a problem. But so is Hitchens' intellectual dishonesty
BY CURTIS WHITE
SUNDAY, JUN 23, 2013 07:00 AM EDT
Hitchens’s “God Is Not Great” is an intellectually shameful book.

To be intellectually shameful is to be dishonest, to tell less than you know, or ought to know, and to shape what you present in a way that misrepresents the real state of affairs.

In this sense, and in Hitchens’s own term, his book lacks “decency.”(You may think that I lack decency for attacking a man so recently deceased, but I do no more than what Hitchens himself did. Speaking of Jerry Falwell, Hitchens pointedly refuses a “compassionate word” for this “departed fraud.”)

http://www.salon.com/2013/06/23/christopher_h...

But that's book reviewing for you, and No One Left To Lie To demands that those leftish British readers who respond to the ugly spectacle of the Third Way in power with passive uncertainty are prodded to buy this record of the consequences of Clintonism.
Hitchens's theme is that bewildered (and bewildering) remnants of progressive opinion in America have sacrificed their honour and the livelihoods of the American poor in defence of a 'crooked President and a corrupt and reactionary administration' merely because Bill Clinton found it easier to advance to office by calling himself a Democrat rather than a Republican.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/theobserver/1999/ma...

You ARE a 'weak minded' individual for using SUCH language! imo
JBH

Delta, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

There must be a lot of upset of US in manufacturing the very noisy outcry of attracting to look for International attention about naming the Snowden case.

As US keeps on pressing Snowden to make the world to see if US is being agitated by Russia and disagreement from others on many matters in UN or not, many local newspapers report more on Snowden story than the robbers and traffic accidents, US must be being ignored by the world on Syria, so it goes about expressing its sadness on Snowden for extradition in order to seek the sorrow to be mended.

Wow, global people do not scratch or shake heads, and would wipe the lips after a dinner, by pondering what big attention is that all about,as Snowden matters are shuffled to people's in-between slots of work time to puzzle if they would be feeling better drinking some glasses of wine or beer, but then they come to the gossiping and wondering if US would charge people picking the nose too?

Just who needs a relationship with sad people about Snowden, as they say Russia would give up Snowden for a relation?

Just how many defectors from Russia, China and other countries have gone to US to leak their secrecy, and would they seek extradition too?
There is the perspective of different beliefs in the system of justice everywhere, as US judges are more political than watching justice, or would rather bring some gun to polish around or sleep around of the clock. What makes one think US has better justice than other countries?
It is too naive to believe people want the model of Justice from US, unless there are blueprints for B-1 bombers, guidance system and laser technology , by which Bush would be happy to give to them during his time.

Since Obama visited Britain, someone from UK not knowing much, called him prime minister from seeing him buying cigarettes, he might as well want to invite Obama to be his PM as he likes British smoke better when his real PM Cameron does not smoke.

But don't forget, hey, you the British, why don't you give Obama smoke instead, and ask what he is going to do about Assange in the Ecuador embassy in Britain?

That so many people defect to countries and vice versa when International people have lots of differences in views is just the fact of reality, why does US give very loud voices about Snowden and Assange?

There is some kind of abnormality in this among so many defectors and people seeking sanctuary and accommodation anywhere, while US wants to make it look more peculiar, needs a lot of attention only because it calls the label of traitors (Calling Snowden a traitor means Snowden is a political refugee). But, or, is it that other countries are not calling theirs as traitors to defect to US which has tendency to violate the International laws, that it would press others to break their laws too by giving them extradition?

Does US want to push others to extradite to break laws, and simultaneously want a relationship?

Well then, if a political science professor can't answer you the question, why don't you ask the vendor at the hot-dog stand since so many customers of his keep asking the same question when US pushes, on extradition, as this is the International matter, not just US's, and so are Syria and others?

Even the vendor would say US is accustomed to think nothing else that matters as the case of Iraq war, as if it thinks it is only it (the major force and not from much anyone else) on the planet, with none of many others around.

Where are you people of the world heading in the direction of the globe, in any way, if there is only one consent with no International differences and rules of law and justice?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

LNC Llin wrote:
Birthers divert republican attention ..a good in itself!
Yep, and tomorrow Obama will talk about the need to save Earth from man-made Global Warming in hopes we will forget about Ben Ghazi, the IRS, the NSA, and the three murdered gay guys he left behind in Shitcago!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

POWELL: GOP 'LOOKS DOWN ON MINORITIES'
by BEN SHAPIRO 13 Jan 2013

This morning, former Secretary of State Gen. Colin Powell appeared on NBC’s Meet the Press to discuss the nomination of former Senator Chuck Hagel (R-NE) to Secretary of Defense. During the discussion, David Gregory asked the liberal Powell, nominally a Republican but a longtime supporter of President Barack Obama, about the Republican Party.“I’m struck when you talk about Republicans as they. I know you insist despite voting for President Obama twice now that you’re still a Republican. But as-- as I go through your record on some social issues and even foreign policy issues, I challenge you a little bit to say on what basis are you still a Republican? Do you feel like this Republican Party has left you or have you left it?”
Now, this is a half-decent question, given that Powell has been quite liberal on the issues for years now. But Powell’s answer wasn’t that he differed from Republicans on the issues. Instead, he went directly to the most common liberal meme these days in defending a radical left president: Republicans are racist. It’s a bully tactic that has become all the rage these days – Republicans don’t oppose Obama on policy, and they don’t have a good rationale for standing against liberalism. It’s just that they secretly hate black people.
Here’s what he said:
I think the Republican Party right now is having an identity problem. And I’m still a Republican. I’m a Republican who grew up along with George Bush XLI. I grew up with Ronald Reagan, Cap Weinberger, Frank Carlucci, that Republican Party, the Republican Party of Dick Lugar and John Tower. But in recent years, there’s been a significant shift to the right and we have seen what that shift has produced, two losing presidential campaigns.
So far, this is a typical leftist talking point. The Republican Party has not moved to the right. In fact, it has moved in rather extreme ways to the left, given its spending record and establishment opposition to the Tea Party. Ronald Reagan was significantly more conservative than George W. Bush. But this was prelude to Powell’s real agenda: labeling Republicans closet bigots.
I think what the Republican Party needs to do now is take a very hard look at itself and understand that the country has changed. The country is changing demographically. And if the Republican Party does not change along with that demographic, they’re going to be in trouble. And so, when we see that in one more generation, the minorities of America, African-Americans, Hispanic Americans, and Asian Americans will be the majority of the country, you can’t go around saying we don’t want to have a solid immigration policy. We’re going to dismiss the 47 percent. We are going to make it hard for these minorities to vote as they did in the last election. What did that produce? The court struck most of that down and most importantly, it caused people to turn out and stand in line because these Republicans were trying to keep us from voting. There’s also a dark-- a dark vein of intolerance in some parts of the Party. What I do mean by that? I mean by that is they still sort of look down on minorities. How can I evidence that? When I see a former governor say that the president is shuckin’ and jivin’, that’s a racial era slave term. When I see another former governor after the president’s first debate where he didn’t do very well, says that the president was lazy. He didn’t say he was slow, he was tired, he didn’t do well, he said he was lazy. Now, it may not mean anything to most Americans but to those of us who are African-Americans, the second word is shiftless and then there’s a third word that goes along with it. Birther, the whole Birther Movement. Why do senior Republican leaders tolerate this kind of discussion within the Party? I think the Party has to take a look at itself. It has to take a look at its responsibilities for health care. It has to take a look at immigration..........

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

..........It has to take a look at those less fortunate than us. The Party has gathered unto itself a reputation that it is the party of the rich. It is the party of lower taxes. But there are a lot of people who are lower down the food chain, the economic chain, who are also paying lots of taxes relative to their income and they need help. We need more education work being done in this country. We need a solid immigration policy. We have to look at climate change. There are a lot of things that the American people are expecting and the Republican Party, as they get ready for the next election, really has to focus on some of these issues and not ignore them. Everybody wants to talk about who’s going to be the candidate. You better think first about what’s the party they’re actually going to represent. If it’s just going to represent the far right-wing of the political spectrum, I think the Party is in difficulty. I’m a moderate but I’m still a Republican, that’s how I was raised. And until I voted for Mister Obama twice, I had voted for seven straight Republican presidents.
Notice the subtle linkage there: Republicans oppose global warming, immigration reform of the type leftists want, redistribution of income, not out of principle, but out of hatred of those with a different skin color. This is despicable. And it is a lie. Powell’s statements are outrageous. His statements about “shuckin’ and jivin’”? He’s referring to former Gov. Sarah Palin (R-AL), who wrote this about President Obama’s feckless foreign policy on Benghazi:
Why the lies? Why the cover up? Why the dissembling about the cause of the murder of our ambassador on the anniversary of the worst terrorist attacks on American soil? We deserve answers to this. President Obama’s shuck and jive shtick with these Benghazi lies must end.
Is that racist? Of course not. But Powell labels it racist because it serves his political ends.
Is the word “lazy” racist? If so, half the media hates white folks, because presidents going back to Dwight D. Eisenhower have routinely been labeled lazy.
As for the birthers, nobody in the mainstream of the Republican Party has ever given credibility to them. Only in Colin Powell’s opportunistic mind is the GOP linked with birtherism.
What’s more, Powell is the last person on earth who should be making this claim. He says that he voted for President Obama twice because he’s a moderate Republican whose party has left him. That’s nonsense. In 2008, Republicans ran the most moderate Republican in history in Sen. John McCain (R-AZ). And Powell voted against him. Why? Let Powell, circa 2009, explain:
And I spoke at length with John McCain about his campaign and I watched Mr. Obama and his campaign. And at the end, I cannot say I was totally colorblind. But at the end, I convinced myself, based on the facts as I saw it, that he was the better choice for this time in our nation’s history.
It is Colin Powell and his perspective that are underlaced with a vein of intolerance. Powell should know better than anyone that the GOP has no such vein – after all, the GOP discussed the possibility of him running for president on its ticket for years. No, this is about liberal bullying and thuggery – claiming that anyone who opposes leftist policies does so out of racism rather than political differences. And it’s vile.
Ben Shapiro is Editor-At-Large of Breitbart News and author of the book “Bullies: How the Left’s Culture of Fear and Intimidation Silences America”(Threshold Editions, January 8, 2013).

“Reduce immigration levels”

Since: Dec 06

Kings Mountain, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

URGENT: Whistle-blower comes forward, attests to attorney that Obama’s financial aid state his citizenship Indonesian, aid given to Obama as a foreign student
http://redflagnews.com/headlines/urgent-whist...

Bo Snerdley Goes Birther On Obama Gangsta Government
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Congressman: We Should Investigate Obama’s “Phony Identification Papers”
http://www.westernjournalism.com/congressman-...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Glenn Greenwald: Decision from FISA court says NSA is bulk collecting .....

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Jacques,
I think Jr. got taken for a ride by all kinds of riff-raff, most notably himself.
Seriously though, he may have gone doctor shopping, pulled up with his Cadillac insurance throwing his weight around and flexing the Jackson muscle until he found a doc who would do what he wanted, and that is perform vanity surgery.
I don't think it's so far fetched a possibility to be completely discarded.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Fed Up wrote:
URGENT: Whistle-blower comes forward, attests to attorney that Obama’s financial aid state his citizenship Indonesian, aid given to Obama as a foreign student
http://redflagnews.com/headlines/urgent-whist...
Bo Snerdley Goes Birther On Obama Gangsta Government
Congressman: We Should Investigate Obama’s “Phony Identification Papers”
http://www.westernjournalism.com/congressman-...
Thank You!
Passing it on :)

Since: Jun 13

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

see wat happen 2day @ presidencial meetin wit mr president. Full story @www.genesiswap.tk
Oolongti

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank You!
Passing it on :)
who is the whistle blower? DOnald Trump?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 141,261 - 141,280 of173,590
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

73 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min lily boca raton fl 1,071,876
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 min JOEL COOL DUDE 68,129
I want to join illuminati brotherhood in anamb... 4 min MR JONE 1
Music Artists A to Z 7 min not a ghost 246
Abby 7-11 9 min Toj 5
NRA mouthpiece Wayne LaPierre quiet 12 min Finally 29
Amy 7-11 16 min PEllen 5
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••