CUT some of yours for space!<quoted text>
I am not a theologian, nor a naval shipbuilder nor an expert on human and animal breeding. So, to understand Noah's story or fable if one wants to call it that, one has to use plain common sense and evaluate the reality that was at that time, fully 2500 yrs before Christ.
1. God condemns the whole earth, men women, children and babies, as all are sinners, including the babies;
2. God relents, decides, for some unknown reasons, to save a 500-yr-old no-doubt insane and deranged man named Noah and his family;
3. This is well and good, but there is work to be done;
4. Yet, Noah and his sons, all 3 of them (at 500 yrs +, one would think the old codger would have hundreds of children...I digrest). He was supposed to obey God's law and make and make and make children. Why just three? And where were his grandchildren? No mention and apparently there were only 8 human beings sailing on the Ark;
8. Oh, one more little detail. We all know that Adam and Eve, thanks to good old reliable incest, populated the earth until Noah's time. Then, in one fell swoop, the flood, and only Noah, his long-suffering wife, 3 sons and 3 wives are left to re-populate the earth. Ahhhh, good old dependable incest once more and, I repeat, the explanation why inbreeding causes insanity, namely creation of birthers and tea partyers.
6 So Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering and laid it on Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife, and the two of them went together. 7 But Isaac spoke to Abraham his father and said,“My father!”
And he said,“Here I am, my son.”
Then he said,“Look, the fire and the wood, but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?”
8 And Abraham said,“My son, God will provide for Himself the lamb for a burnt offering.” So the two of them went together.
9 Then they came to the place of which God had told him. And Abraham built an altar there and placed the wood in order; and he bound Isaac his son and laid him on the altar, upon the wood. 10 And Abraham stretched out his hand and took the knife to slay his son.
11 But the Angel of the Lord called to him from heaven and said,“Abraham, Abraham!”
So he said,“Here I am.”
12 And He said,“Do not lay your hand on the lad, or do anything to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me.”
13 Then Abraham lifted his eyes and looked, and there behind him was a ram caught in a thicket by its horns. So Abraham went and took the ram, and offered it up for a burnt offering instead of his son. 14 And Abraham called the name of the place, The-Lord-Will-Provide;[b] as it is said to this day,“In the Mount of the Lord it shall be provided.”
15 Then the Angel of the Lord called to Abraham a second time out of heaven, 16 and said:“By Myself I have sworn, says the Lord, because you have done this thing, and have not withheld your son, your only son— 17 blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies. 18 In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice.”
YAHWEH YIREH: the Lord will provide
Can you even 'imagine' the FAITH Abraham HAD in his Lord to "trust Him" to provide a 'sacrifice'...
instead of having to KILL his only "son" ...???
oh ye of NO faith!... jockitch!