Me of no faith? How about your faith in Santa Claus?<quoted text>
CUT some of yours for space!
6 So Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering and laid it on Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife, and the two of them went together. 7 But Isaac spoke to Abraham his father and said,“My father!”
And he said,“Here I am, my son.”
Then he said,“Look, the fire and the wood, but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?”
8 And Abraham said,“My son, God will provide for Himself the lamb for a burnt offering.” So the two of them went together.
9 Then they came to the place of which God had told him. And Abraham built an altar there and placed the wood in order; and he bound Isaac his son and laid him on the altar, upon the wood. 10 And Abraham stretched out his hand and took the knife to slay his son.
11 But the Angel of the Lord called to him from heaven and said,“Abraham, Abraham!”
So he said,“Here I am.”
12 And He said,“Do not lay your hand on the lad, or do anything to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me.”
13 Then Abraham lifted his eyes and looked, and there behind him was a ram caught in a thicket by its horns. So Abraham went and took the ram, and offered it up for a burnt offering instead of his son. 14 And Abraham called the name of the place, The-Lord-Will-Provide;[b] as it is said to this day,“In the Mount of the Lord it shall be provided.”
15 Then the Angel of the Lord called to Abraham a second time out of heaven, 16 and said:“By Myself I have sworn, says the Lord, because you have done this thing, and have not withheld your son, your only son— 17 blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies. 18 In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice.”
YAHWEH YIREH: the Lord will provide
Can you even 'imagine' the FAITH Abraham HAD in his Lord to "trust Him" to provide a 'sacrifice'...
instead of having to KILL his only "son" ...???
oh ye of NO faith!... jockitch!
1. Abraham marries his own sister. Commits incest;
2. Abraham, afraid to be "terminated" by the Egyptian king, "lends" him his wife, claiming she is his sister, which is a half-lie, half-truth as she is his half sister after all. He thus reveals himself to be a coward, a girlyman;
3. Abraham has only one son, Isaac. The God of Love, the God who would thunder "Thou shalt not kill" in future 10 Commandments by Cecile B, DeMille, orders Abraham to murder his son, thereby being the first to prematurely break this commandment, His own;
4. The "Angel" stops the demented Abraham's hand from slicing his son like he would a sheep, and the comedy continues;
5. Abraham's wife is approaching 100. She is barren. She gives Abraham permission to impregnate her servant (read : slave) and a son, Ishmael, is born. As recompense for this act of adultery, God allows Abraham' s old lady to bear a son (the one who was to later be immolated). Now that she has her own, she becomces jealous and orders her servant (read : slave) out of her house and tells Abraham the brave man to abandon mother and Ishmael in the desert to die of thirst and hunger, which is a second and third attempted murder by this father of us all. Ishmael fools the old man, he survives.
And so it goes. As I said a few hours earlier, it the Bible were on trial, it would invoke the fifth.
Faith? Shall I tell you what to do with your fables?