BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#160159 Jun 17, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Soooo, how old was John when Jesus died? Assuming John and Jesus were about the same age, John wrote that when he was 113 years old???
<quoted text>
Sooooo, a third of Earth's population is wrong? What exactly do you have against the Bible? Does the Bible conflict with your sexual deviant behaviour?
When primitive men believed in volcano gods, all were wrong. BTW, if 1/3 of the world believes in Christianity then 2/3 do not believe in it. So 2/3 of the Earth's population is wrong? I think you should see the folly of polling for truth.
Therealnews com

Sayville, NY

#160160 Jun 17, 2013
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thomas Paine once said “Reason obeys itself and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it”
If you would prefer to believe the ramblings of unknown ancient ignorants in the face of empirical evidence to the contrary so be it. After reading many of your posts what’s obvious to this reader at least is that your mind is set in stone on this issue and I suppose that’s what faith is all about.
Personally I fancy trusting in myself and relying on my own experiences. That way I can’t be fooled into following another’s dictates. Personally I would have told Moses he was full of shit. If the gods wanted the children of Israel to know a thing, he would have spoken for himself.
“I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires”
-- Susan B Anthony
There is nothing wrong in trusting in yourself and your experiences.

I trust in myself and rely on my own experiences also.

If you were running from pharaoh's army on dry land through the parting sea, I would have my doubts about you telling Moses he is full of it.

Lets be honest.
Therealnews com

Sayville, NY

#160161 Jun 17, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Therealnews com wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely False!
Jesus did more miracles than all the Prophets combined.
-------
John 21:25
Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.<quoted text>
Did not Jesus reattach the ear of servant!?!
King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
And, behold, one of them who was with Jesus stretched out his hand, and drew his sword, and struck a servant of the high priest, and cut off his ear.
Thank you and more thank you.

You just proved our friend Jacques wrong.
Therealnews com

Sayville, NY

#160162 Jun 17, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
It's kind of an up hill battle Wojar.
Although modern biology, geology, astronomy, archaeology and physics has failed to convince them otherwise....seeing someone roll around on the floor blathering like an idiot may be all the proof they need for christianity.
If they don't value logic and evidence...well, you can't fix stupid.
Not that I am calling all believers stupid. But young Earth creationist are inherently impaired.
No thinking man or woman could possibly believe this unless they are by definition...delusional.
Now...if you will excuse me I have a quick sacrifice to make to the giant turtle that carries the Earth on its back.
bbl

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#160163 Jun 17, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
No. No one thinks the people who lived along side Jesus wrote the bible.
John was written about 120 AD Jesus died about 33 AD.
I don't have an issue with the bible as a piece of literature.
I have a problem with bull shit.
And the real reason why you think the Bible is "shit"? Does it conflict with your sexuality?
Therealnews com

Sayville, NY

#160164 Jun 17, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Leviticus 25:44-46
American Standard Version (ASV)
44 And as for thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, whom thou shalt have; of the nations that are round about you, of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids.
45 Moreover of the children of the strangers that sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they have begotten in your land: and they shall be your possession.
46 And ye shall make them an inheritance for your children after you, to hold for a possession; of them shall ye take your bondmen for ever: but over your brethren the children of Israel ye shall not rule, one over another, with rigor.
----------
I do try and keep a sense of humor. I am glad that you can appreciate it.
You didn't answer the question.
Are you telling us that god did not say this?
Or are you telling us that he didn't know any better because that was a long time ago?
If you are saying this is not the divine word of god...fair enough. You can throw your bible away now.
If you are saying he didn't know any better...fair enough.
What kind of god are you worshiping here?
Please enlighten us as to how you may justly and fairly own another human being. Really...I am dreadfully curious.
While you are at it....try not to redefine slaves as employees.
Employees can walk away. There is no "pay" in slavery. THAT IS WHAT MAKES IT SLAVERY!
Grab some courage and tell us which it is.
Thank you in advance.
Your very welcome my friend.

========

Exodus 21:16 states,“Anyone who kidnaps someone is to be put to death, whether the victim has been sold or is still in the kidnapper’s possession.” God not only forbids slavery, He gives them the death penalty for it. That’s how serious God sees slavery as. Slavery is no different than kidnapping to God.

=========

Leviticus 25:39-43 says,“If a countryman of yours becomes so poor with regard to you that he sells himself to you, you shall not subject him to a slave’s service. He shall be with you as a hired man, as if he were a sojourner; he shall serve with you until the year of jubilee. He shall then go out from you, he and his sons with him, and shall go back to his family, that he may return to the property of his forefathers. For they are My servants whom I brought out from the land of Egypt; they are not to be sold in a slave sale. You shall not rule over him with severity, but are to revere your God.” Here God says that a poor person sells their self to get out of debt but they are not to be subjected to them in service as a slave. They are also be freed after the year of the Jubilee. God calls them “My servants” and they are not to be sold in a slave sale. How clear is that?

========

The New Testament on Slavery

Paul speaks about slavery in the New Testament. The Romans were big on slaves but Paul clearly did not like it. In 1 Corinthians 7:21-23 he writes,“Were you a slave when you were called? Don’t let it trouble you—although if you can gain your freedom, do so. For the one who was a slave when called to faith in the Lord is the Lord’s freed person; similarly, the one who was free when called is Christ’s slave. You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of human beings.” Paul said that “if you can gain your freedom, do so” and in verse 23 he says,“do not become slaves of human beings.” There is little doubt Paul detested slavery and wanted everyone to get out of it as soon as possible and desired no one to live in slavery.

Since: Oct 09

Moreno Valley, CA

#160166 Jun 17, 2013
Therealnews com wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely False!
Jesus did more miracles than all the Prophets combined.
-------
John 21:25
Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.
You left out the most important part of the verse.

John 20:30-31
Jesus did many other “miraculous signs” in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. But (THESE ARE WRITTEN THAT YOU MAY BELIEVE) that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

So John simply fabricated a bunch of miracles “that you may believe”? No doubt John’s word works for you, but I’m sure even then most preferred to see the “signs” for themselves.

“PRAY, v. To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner; confessedly unworthy”
Ambrose Bierce

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#160167 Jun 17, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
I've mentioned being "too literal" several times but it seems to go in one ear and out the other.
Now that's a real joke. Mr. Great Flood Really Happened whines that rational criticism of pseudoscience is "too literal". His fantasies have no legs.

According to the scientific method, if hypotheses are falsified either through experimentation or observation, new hypotheses must be developed. The biblical great flood young Earth claptrap is simply not supported by the evidence. I'm really sorry if FALSE and DELUSIONAL is too literal for you. A deluge that immersed the entire Earth 4600 years ago is an impossibility. It physically could not have happened. There was never enough water on the earth. Young Earth is similarly impossible. Studies of protein and DNA sequences show evolution occurred over many millions of years, and that primates walked the earth over one million years ago. Chemical physics provides radioisotopic methods to date some minerals. Radiometric dating proves the Earth to be about 4.5 billion years old.

Speaking of too literal, your heroes' pseudoscience at earthage.org interpret the bible as literally as can be, with creation about 6000 years ago and Noah sailing through the great flood around 4600 years ago. You claimed it was science, Bozo. Too literal? My a$$.
Therealnews com

Sayville, NY

#160168 Jun 17, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
You are telling me that Jesus did more in the three years before his execution than Elijah did in almost a millenium? Elijah broke the laws of physics on a weekly basis...he could do whatever he wanted and none could stand against him.
Sorry to disappoint but you need look no further than your own book.
Jesus was a retelling of Joseph.
I will provide scripture upon request but here are the obvious plagiarisms.
Joseph: Miracle birth
Jesus: Miracle birth
Joseph: Loved by his Father
Jesus: Loved by his father
Joseph: set apart from humanity
Jesus: set apart from humanity
Joseph: Announced he was to rule
Jesus: Announced he was to rule
Joseph: Sent by his father to his bretheran
Jesus: Sent by his father to his bretheran
Joseph: Mocked and hated by his bretheran (without cause)
Jesus: Mocked and hated by his bretheran (without cause)
Joseph: Obeyed his father
Jesus: Obeyed his father
Joseph: Bretheran refused to receive him
Jesus: Bretheran refused to receive him
Joseph: plot to kill him
Jesus: plot to kill him
Joseph: counsel to kill him
Jesus: counsel to kill him
Joseph: Had his coat taken
Jesus: Had his coat taken
Joseph: Delivered to authorities by his own (unjustly accused)
Jesus: Delivered to authorities by his own (unjustly accused)
Joseph: Brother sold him for 20 pieces of silver.
Jesus: Bretheran sold him for 30 pieces of silver
Joseph: put in the pit
Jesus: crucified
Joseph: Raised from the pit
Jesus: Raised from the dead
Joseph: Vanished
Jesus: Vanished
Joseph: was a blessing to others
Jesus: was a blessing to others
Joseph: Became a servant
Jesus: Became a servant
Joseph: Potiphar knew he was innocent but punished to keep up appearances to the pharoh
Jesus: Pilate found him innocent but punished him to keep up appearances to Ceasar.
Joseph: found favor in his jailer
Jesus: found favor in a roman centurion
Joseph: Blessing to the butler. Judgement to the baker.
Jesus: Crucified between two thieves one blessed...one judged.
Joseph: tempted by the world, the flesh, and the
devil, and he resisted.
Jesus: tempted by the world, the flesh, and the
devil, and he resisted.
Joseph: 30 years old when he stood before the pharaoh
Jesus: 30 years old before he began his ministry
Joseph: Emerged from prison to the right hand of the pharaoh
Jesus: Emerged from death to the right hand of the father
Joseph: received a gentile bride
Jesus: received a predominately gentile bride (the church)
Joseph: provider of bread
Jesus: provider of bread
Joseph: revealed to his bretheran
Jesus: revealed to his bretheran
Joseph: savior to the world
Jesus: savior to the world
ARE YOU SEEING A PATTERN EMERGE HERE?
To impeach the bible you need only a bible.
I have already said all the Prophets are a type of Jesus.

Enclosed is just some of them.

http://www.willingshepherds.net/Types%20of%20...
Therealnews com

Sayville, NY

#160169 Jun 17, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell it to the amalekites...if you can find one.
The intifada started in Genesis 16:12
And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.

ISHMAEL IS THE FOUNDER OF Jebusites, Canaanites, Amorites, Philistines, Hivites, Hittites, Midianites, Amalekites, Egyptians, Chaldeans, Babylonians, Arabs, Medes and Persians.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#160170 Jun 17, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry loser, not merely my opinion. Young Earthers opinions do not reflect the overwhelming consensus of the scientific community.
Geologists and other legitimate scientists don't believe in the biblical great flood and in particular, do not believe that stratification in the Grand Canyon and other locations could possibly account for a young earth or that they developed because of an epoch flood. Sorry, the world's scientist do not share your delusion.
It is evident that you believe in a young earth as you pointed to a young earth web site claiming it had credible evidence of the great flood (of Noah). You believe in the Ark and the fable of Noah collecting all the animals from the face of the earth.
How do I lnow this? Because you claim this garbage is science: http://www.earthage.org/EarthOldorYoung/scien...
here's a shorter URL to the same destination:
http://tinyurl.com/27jttzz
BTW, imbecile, no one was present at the big bang, or when the first living cell divided. This means scientific knowledge about earlier events is inaccessible? NONSENSE.
Only a theory? All science is based on theories constructed from observation, and when possible, experimentation. On the other hand, young earth claptrap is not a scientific theroy. It is pseudoscientific claptrap that attempts to masquerade as science and which appeals to ignorant gullible fools.
The theory of relativity is "only a theory"?
Chemiosmotic theory is "only a theory"?
The second law of thermodynamics is only a theory?
Grow up.
You have only delusions.
<quoted text>
Then why did the GSA have a series of seminars on the subject in which cases were made both for and against a great flood? These geologist came from all parts of the world. I suppose they are all delusional? I think not. Let's see how your name-calling is coming along; loser, imbecile, ignorant, gullible, fools. Very immature and childish. But that's you. What existed before "the" big bang, wojar? How did life come from non-life, it had to happen at some point? Why are marine fossils found in mountain tops? Because it was under water at some point, no? How does a whale get buried vertically? There's more geological evidence than you have a clue about. You're limited by what you can touch and see. A great mistake.

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#160171 Jun 17, 2013
Therealnews com wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =CDhMmPWWTxQXX
Nothing to do with the post...but
Interesting video.
A few real stretches...but a noble attempt.

You could just as well call the video "Nature's Pharmacy" and not have to change a thing.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#160172 Jun 17, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that's a real joke. Mr. Great Flood Really Happened whines that rational criticism of pseudoscience is "too literal". His fantasies have no legs.
According to the scientific method, if hypotheses are falsified either through experimentation or observation, new hypotheses must be developed. The biblical great flood young Earth claptrap is simply not supported by the evidence. I'm really sorry if FALSE and DELUSIONAL is too literal for you. A deluge that immersed the entire Earth 4600 years ago is an impossibility. It physically could not have happened. There was never enough water on the earth. Young Earth is similarly impossible. Studies of protein and DNA sequences show evolution occurred over many millions of years, and that primates walked the earth over one million years ago. Chemical physics provides radioisotopic methods to date some minerals. Radiometric dating proves the Earth to be about 4.5 billion years old.
Speaking of too literal, your heroes' pseudoscience at earthage.org interpret the bible as literally as can be, with creation about 6000 years ago and Noah sailing through the great flood around 4600 years ago. You claimed it was science, Bozo. Too literal? My a$$.
Show me where I stated the Earth was 6,000 years old. The link was posted for the geological information it contained. See, you don't know anything about what I believe. You assume too much based on what you can see and touch. Your mind is a prisoner of your own making. In other words, you're incapable of thinking outside the box. You rely on man, man will fail everytime.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#160173 Jun 17, 2013
Has anyone else noticed a recent and sudden change in posting habits?:)
Therealnews com

Sayville, NY

#160174 Jun 17, 2013
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
You left out the most important part of the verse.
John 20:30-31
Jesus did many other “miraculous signs” in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. But (THESE ARE WRITTEN THAT YOU MAY BELIEVE) that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.
So John simply fabricated a bunch of miracles “that you may believe”? No doubt John’s word works for you, but I’m sure even then most preferred to see the “signs” for themselves.
“PRAY, v. To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner; confessedly unworthy”
Ambrose Bierce
Most of the Apostles died horrible deaths because they would not deny that they saw Jesus raised from the dead.

It was very hard and tough to be a follower of Jesus back in the day.

They had to hide, keep their beliefs to themselves, because you could be arrested and put in jail, and be dinner for the lions in the coliseum.

Faith is faith and does not matter if your a rocket scientist or and uneducated person.

Therealnews com

Sayville, NY

#160175 Jun 17, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing to do with the post...but
Interesting video.
A few real stretches...but a noble attempt.
You could just as well call the video "Nature's Pharmacy" and not have to change a thing.
God makes more sense IMO.
Therealnews com

Sayville, NY

#160176 Jun 17, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
Has anyone else noticed a recent and sudden change in posting habits?:)
Yes I did.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#160177 Jun 17, 2013
Therealnews com

Sayville, NY

#160178 Jun 17, 2013
Good Night All.

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#160179 Jun 17, 2013
Therealnews com wrote:
<quoted text>
Your very welcome my friend.
========
Exodus 21:16 states,“Anyone who kidnaps someone is to be put to death, whether the victim has been sold or is still in the kidnapper’s possession.” God not only forbids slavery, He gives them the death penalty for it. That’s how serious God sees slavery as. Slavery is no different than kidnapping to God.
=========
Leviticus 25:39-43 says,“If a countryman of yours becomes so poor with regard to you that he sells himself to you, you shall not subject him to a slave’s service. He shall be with you as a hired man, as if he were a sojourner; he shall serve with you until the year of jubilee. He shall then go out from you, he and his sons with him, and shall go back to his family, that he may return to the property of his forefathers. For they are My servants whom I brought out from the land of Egypt; they are not to be sold in a slave sale. You shall not rule over him with severity, but are to revere your God.” Here God says that a poor person sells their self to get out of debt but they are not to be subjected to them in service as a slave. They are also be freed after the year of the Jubilee. God calls them “My servants” and they are not to be sold in a slave sale. How clear is that?
========
The New Testament on Slavery
Paul speaks about slavery in the New Testament. The Romans were big on slaves but Paul clearly did not like it. In 1 Corinthians 7:21-23 he writes,“Were you a slave when you were called? Don’t let it trouble you—although if you can gain your freedom, do so. For the one who was a slave when called to faith in the Lord is the Lord’s freed person; similarly, the one who was free when called is Christ’s slave. You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of human beings.” Paul said that “if you can gain your freedom, do so” and in verse 23 he says,“do not become slaves of human beings.” There is little doubt Paul detested slavery and wanted everyone to get out of it as soon as possible and desired no one to live in slavery.
OUTSTANDING!
Seriously commendable. Typically, people decline any and all of my challenges.

Here are my issues.

1. In the future, please separate your quotes from your comments with more than just quotations...they are so tiny. Makes it easier to read for us old men.(thanks)

2. Your exodus quote has nothing to do with slavery. But it is decisive evidence god isn't big on kidnapping. This is not god denouncing slavery. He says...even if the victim was already sold. And nothing of freeing the victim.

3. a)Paul is not God.
b)A pit, a jail, a prison, house arrest..incarceration is incarceration. Slavery is slavery. No matter what name your master goes by.

4. Your Leviticus... has to do with EMPLOYING poor countrymen who ask for employment.

My Leviticus ... deals with God's mandate to enslave those of the surrounding nations.

Basically he is saying you may not enslave the chosen people.

If God told you that you may NOT enslave Americans!..but all others are fair game...

Is he for or against slavery?

This is pretty simplistic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Tony Rome 1,126,490
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 25 min J RULES 70,091
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,657
Abby 10-23-14 1 hr pde 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Stina2 98,502
last post wins! (Apr '13) 3 hr Concerned_American 352
Hoffa tells Chicago Teamsters they play pivotal... 3 hr reality is a crutch 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance