BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#159937 Jun 16, 2013
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
Do I have to spoon feed you too? LOL
I said the New Testament states that slaves should be treated honestly and fairly with pay, food, shelter, just like you would do with a family member.( I'm Paraphrasing ).
Naturally slavery is wrong and should have not taken place in the United States of America.
What it says and how they were treated are two different things. Oh, and did the New Testament specify that slaves could move on to another job if they so felt?

You even added, incredulously,: "Naturally slavery is wrong and should have not taken place in the United States of America." Wow. It was okay elsewhere, just not in the United States of America?
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#159938 Jun 16, 2013
I had a thoroughly enjoyable ride last night. How was everyone else's evening? Peaceful and serene, I hope.

Ottawa

#159940 Jun 16, 2013
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely Not!
Ephesians 5:25-33
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing[a] her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— 30 for we are members of his body. 31 “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.”[b] 32 This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.
You forgot "bow to her husband, obey him". Also, you reproduced "the wife must respect her husband". Where is the part about the husband respecting the wife? Do you even know why, until the 1950s and even today in so many parts of the world, including North America still, women, wives, are not treated equally? It's all based on Mohamad for one and particularly on Paul, the greatest misogynist and woman hater the world has ever known.

Ottawa

#159941 Jun 16, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:

<quoted text>
Did Joshua, on orders from Moses, know of Proverbs 25 : 21 - 22 as he killed every man, woman and child in every city of Canaan? Made Hitler look like a bumbling amateur. Did the Crusaders know this when they massacred the Christian Orthodox in Constantinople on their way to more massacres in the Holy Land? Did the Pope and Isabel la catolica know about this when they initiated the "Holy" Inquisition? Did the Conquistadors know of these proverbs when they slaughtered fully 2/3 of the indigenous population of South American in the name of God? God does have broad shoulders as all this and more was done in HIS name.
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
In simple verbiage.
SIN is SIN and only GOD came judge.
========
Luke 16:19-31
The Rich Man and Lazarus
19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20 At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.
22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him,‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’
25 “But Abraham replied,‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’
27 “He answered,‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’
29 “Abraham replied,‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’
30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said,‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’
31 “He said to him,‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”
I ask the above question and your reply is "Luke 16:19-31
The Rich Man and Lazarus"

You're beginning to look like American Lady, reproducing platitudes instead of simple answers. The Fable of Lazarus is well-known and the fruit of a wild imagination. Period. Now please try to carry on a conversation with your own words.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#159943 Jun 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Did Joshua, on orders from Moses, know of Proverbs 25 : 21 - 22 as he killed every man, woman and child in every city of Canaan? Made Hitler look like a bumbling amateur. Did the Crusaders know this when they massacred the Christian Orthodox in Constantinople on their way to more massacres in the Holy Land? Did the Pope and Isabel la catolica know about this when they initiated the "Holy" Inquisition? Did the Conquistadors know of these proverbs when they slaughtered fully 2/3 of the indigenous population of South American in the name of God? God does have broad shoulders as all this and more was done in HIS name.
<quoted text>
I ask the above question and your reply is "Luke 16:19-31
The Rich Man and Lazarus"
You're beginning to look like American Lady, reproducing platitudes instead of simple answers. The Fable of Lazarus is well-known and the fruit of a wild imagination. Period. Now please try to carry on a conversation with your own words.
You and wojar both seem to be angry with God. Why?

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#159944 Jun 16, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is speaking of genetics except you. I posted only about geological evidence that does support a great flood theory. Now, look back at my posts, you'll find no mention of Noah, animals or genetics. Where did you fall off the tracks? BTW, what is "fecking"?
I'm sorry, but "Dick and Jane find the ark in the petrified forest" is not geological evidence. BTW, your link was to a creationist web site, so puh-effin-lease don't try to disclaim your bible thumpin'.

Of course you didn't mention genetics as you are totally ignorant of the science. Your ignorance is not a get out of jail card. You know jack shi!t about science.

What is "fecking"? Mr. Dirty Mouth needs an explanation?
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares what you "told me" when your conclusions and premises are false?
Now please explain how despite the genetic diversity of all animals on the planet being inconsistent with the 'great flood' fable, "Dick and Jane find the Ark" proves otherwise.
Fecking moron.

RationalState

#159945 Jun 16, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that have to do with you being "too" literal?
A middle school child would not need an explanation. What's your excuse?

[QUOTE who="wojar"
<quoted text>
Sorry loser, the scientific method is not metaphorical. Your fantasy failed. Would you prefer a metaphorical explanation? If so, there are
many fictional works to satisfy your cravings. But that's not science.
Loser.[/QUOTE]
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#159946 Jun 16, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, but "Dick and Jane find the ark in the petrified forest" is not geological evidence. BTW, your link was to a creationist web site, so puh-effin-lease don't try to disclaim your bible thumpin'.
Of course you didn't mention genetics as you are totally ignorant of the science. Your ignorance is not a get out of jail card. You know jack shi!t about science.
<quoted text>
I don't recall posting anything titled "Dick and Jane". Yes, wojar, there are different schools of thought on nearly all subjects. Does that surprise you? You seem angry again. Anger problems? I've heard that hugging ten trees a day releases most of one's anger. Give it a shot. You're correct, I have never met Mr. Jack Shilt. That is true. And just what is "fecking"?
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#159947 Jun 16, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
A middle school child would not need an explanation. What's your excuse?
<quoted text>
It was a very simple question that apparently you're unable to answer. No problem, though.

RationalState

#159948 Jun 16, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
I've told you about 18 times now, have it your way. Why do you insist on behaving like a little brat who didn't get their way? Again, that's your choice. You sound really angry. Are you angry with God, my friend?
Can't have my way? I'm not the grimy little twit who thinks Dick and Jane is a scientific treatise.

RationalState

#159949 Jun 16, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a very simple question that apparently you're unable to answer. No problem, though.
The little twit thinks simple minded is simple.

And he thinks Dick and Jane is a Ph. D. dissertation.

RationalState

#159950 Jun 16, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't recall posting anything titled "Dick and Jane". Yes, wojar, there are different schools of thought on nearly all subjects. Does that surprise you? You seem angry again. Anger problems? I've heard that hugging ten trees a day releases most of one's anger. Give it a shot. You're correct, I have never met Mr. Jack Shilt. That is true. And just what is "fecking"?
Twit: I don't recall posting anything titled "Dick and Jane".

He obviously does not understand metaphor.

Sorry, calling religion-based pseudoscience a "different school of thought" does not make it legitimate science.

The twit posted a link to a young earth religion web site and thinks it's "geological evidence" of the biblical great flood.

Anger problems? I don't get angry with a gnat.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#159951 Jun 16, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't have my way? I'm not the grimy little twit who thinks Dick and Jane is a scientific treatise.
You need to pay more attention to what you're reading. I didn't say you were a grimy little twit. And I don't know Dick and Jane either. So, what exactly are you talking about?
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#159952 Jun 16, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
The little twit thinks simple minded is simple.
And he thinks Dick and Jane is a Ph. D. dissertation.
Now I didn't know you had the gift of being a "seer". How did you develop that sense? Fascinating subject.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#159953 Jun 16, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Twit: I don't recall posting anything titled "Dick and Jane".
He obviously does not understand metaphor.
Sorry, calling religion-based pseudoscience a "different school of thought" does not make it legitimate science.
The twit posted a link to a young earth religion web site and thinks it's "geological evidence" of the biblical great flood.
Anger problems? I don't get angry with a gnat.
<quoted text>
You're not angry? Then why be so ugly? Why put words in my mouth? Why read things into my posts that simply aren't there? Not getting angry with a gnat is a step in the right direction. You should be proud of yourself.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#159954 Jun 16, 2013
We can call you The Gnat Master if you like. It's up to you.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#159955 Jun 16, 2013
I'll check back later. You have a blessed day.

Ottawa

#159956 Jun 16, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
You and wojar both seem to be angry with God. Why?
Read. I said God has broad shoulders. Does that sound like someone who is angry with God? Have been telling you over and over again that God's the greatest scapegoat for man's atrocities. Why do you still not get it?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#159957 Jun 16, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
We can call you The Gnat Master if you like. It's up to you.
Thumbs UP!

Cuz ... that's ALL they are ...
Annoying GNATS ;~)
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#159958 Jun 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Read. I said God has broad shoulders. Does that sound like someone who is angry with God? Have been telling you over and over again that God's the greatest scapegoat for man's atrocities. Why do you still not get it?
God has broad shoulders and is a scapegoat? I'm afraid I have angered you now. Take a few deep breaths and relax. That's it, let that anger go. Feel better?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abby 9-22 8 min Kuuipo 11
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min Tony Rome 1,111,061
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr RACE 98,253
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr andet1987 1,288
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr andet1987 4,741
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr andet1987 1,486
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr RACE 4,725
•••
•••
Chicago Dating