BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...
Comments
140,141 - 140,160 of 177,520 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago
Pdamerica org

West Sayville, NY

#159612 Jun 14, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you do believe in other-worldly beings?
Yes I do.

God created Millions of galaxies and who knows if He started another Earth Life somewhere else.

Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#159613 Jun 14, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he agreed he was the Son of God. But, aren't we all? And to prove we are all sons of God (religious misogynous evangelists only use "son", not "daughters btw) He never ever said he was God. And, won't we all sit at the right of God? That statement to the High Priest is to say the least, very ambiguous. Any others where Jesus said he was God. And "Messiah" means "anointed one", not God.
"But aren't we all"?????????? You see yourself as the Son of God?
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#159614 Jun 14, 2013
<quoted text>
To think you'd walk right into it by writing : "Why would anyone base a "belief" on man?" Then tell me, who wrote ALL of the Scriptures? God?
I do not subscribe to any religion as they are all flawed and mostly violent and anti-female. That's because man made them that way. Not God.
You speak of religion, I speak of faith. Do religions have their faults, of course. As I said, man is inherently flawed. It is the "message" of the Bible that is important as opposed to the individual words and phrases.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#159615 Jun 14, 2013
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
The blood of the Lamb in the old testament was for forgiveness of sins, over and over and over again.
GOD gave JESUS one time, in fulfillment of the scriptures, that whoever believes will be forgiven, over and over and over again.
Key words: One Time and Believes
A man or woman who does not 'believe' yet lives a good and decent life will not be forgiven? Forgiven what? Forgiven the guilt of a mythical 'sin' committed by a mythical 'first' man who was one half of the mythical first mating pair of humans?

Even the eminent theologian Joseph Ratzinger, later Pope Benedict XVI, admitted that the greatest challenge facing modern theologians is the concept of 'original sin'. The fact that man evolved puts a "monkey wrench" in the original sin theory as described in Genesis.(pun intended)

Thousands of humans, the founding population, who evolved from a common ancestral population of primates, need a Divine Savior in human form to die for them lest they all be condemned to burn eternally? Now who committed this 'original sin' among a population of thousands that condemned all his brethren? God selected one to stand for all the others? If your brother-in-law commits a crime you are guilty?

And if there is intelligent life beyond the Earth, do they need a savior?

Sorry, Ratzinger and other theologians understand that there is a real f------ problem.

The whole mess depends upon a literal reading of the Adam and Eve story, which has been proven FALSE.
<quoted text>
If John 3 : 16 is true, we are talking human sacrifice here, prohibited by God Himself. Did He break his own rules? Is He above His own laws?

RationalState

#159616 Jun 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Both the Old and New Testament have been canonized by the Catholic Church and are "the word of God" , to be read and taken literally, according to the Church's Catechism. There is no room for interpretation.
It is interesting that Pius XII in 1950, in the encyclical Humani Generis, said that evolution needed more study and that the faithful must believe that God created man's eternal soul. On the other hand, one of the 'infallible' decrees from the Council of Trent said something quite different, that Adam and Eve were the first humans and that death came into the world because of their 'sin'. Pius XII understood that the 'infallible' teaching might not be so infallible, and his waffling was proof. The simple fact is that if man evolved,'Adam' had a mortal mother, and the 'death entered the world through sin' dogma is nonsense.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#159617 Jun 14, 2013
I'll take the word of the Bible over the word of man everytime.
Grand Birther

United States

#159618 Jun 14, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
You speak of religion, I speak of faith. Do religions have their faults, of course. As I said, man is inherently flawed. It is the "message" of the Bible that is important as opposed to the individual words and phrases.
Too bad you're an awful person and are incapable of living the "message."
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#159619 Jun 14, 2013
Grand Birther wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad you're an awful person and are incapable of living the "message."
Too bad you don't know what you're talking about, as usual.
Nazrat

Mcdonough, GA

#159620 Jun 14, 2013
Bob: "Did you hear about the Obama administration scandal?"

Jim: "You mean the Mexican gun running?"
Bob: "No, the other one."

Jim: "You mean SEAL Team 6 Extortion 17?"

Jim: "You mean the State Dept. lying about Benghazi?"

Jim: "You mean the voter fraud?"

Jim: "You mean the military not getting their votes counted?"

Jim: "You mean that 3 or 4 of Obama's GAY boyfriends were mysteriously MURDERED when they came forward with claims he was gay too?"

Jim: "You mean the president demoralizing and breaking down the military?"

Jim: "You mean the Boston Bombing?"

Jim: "The NSA monitoring our phone calls, e-mails and everything else?"

Jim: "You mean the president wanting to kill Americans with drones in our own country without the benefit of the law?"

Jim: "Giving 123 Technologies $300 Million and right after it declared bankruptcy it was sold to the Chinese?"

Jim: "You mean the president arming the Muslim Brotherhood?"

Jim: "The IRS targeting conservatives?"

Jim: "The DOJ spying on the press?"

Jim: "Sebelius shaking down health insurance executives?"

Jim: "Giving SOLYNDRA $500 MILLION DOLLARS and right after they declared bankruptcy 3 months later the Chinese bought it?"

Jim: "The NSA monitoring our phone calls, e-mails and everything else?"

Jim: "The president's ordering the release of nearly 10,000 illegal immigrants from jails and prisons and falsely blaming the sequester?"

Jim: "The president's threat to impose gun control by Executive Order in order to bypass Congress?"

Jim: "The president's repeated violation of the law requiring him to submit a budget no later than the first Monday in February?"

Jim: "The 2012 vote where 115% of all registered voters in some counties voted 100% for Obama?"

Jim: "The president's unconstitutional recess appointments in an attempt to circumvent the Senate's advise-and-consent role?"

Jim: "The State Department interfering with an Inspector General investigation on departmental sexual misconduct?"

Jim: "HHS employees being given insider information on Medicare Advantage?"

Jim: "Clinton, the IRS, Clapper and Holder all lying to Congress?"

Jim: "I give up!... Oh wait, I think I got it! You mean that 65 million low-information voters stuck us again with the most corrupt administration in American history?"
Bob: "THAT'S THE ONE!"
Nazrat

Mcdonough, GA

#159621 Jun 14, 2013
It was announced today that Buckwheat,
of Our Gang fame, has converted to the
Muslim faith and changed his name to
'Kareem of Wheat'.
Letís just hope he doesn't become a cereal killer.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#159622 Jun 14, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is were faith comes in! But it is sad that you will believe in Global Warming even though the Earth has been cooling for the past dozen years!
You guys never answer. I just report what's in the sacred writings, ask what you think, no reply, whether why a God would feel abandoned, why the sun revolves around the earth...does saying one have faith constitute a reply, a reasoning? Moses unexplainedly smashing the tablets, why?- and how the poor 3000 or so were killed by Moses or God for disobeying a First Commandment they had never seen. No answers, no reasoning, just "I have faith" . In what?

As to global warming, can I see some grounded statistics saying the earth has cooled in the last 10, 20 30 years? Have asked often, still no reply.

Ottawa

#159623 Jun 14, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you work so hard at trying to disprove something that can't be disproved? If you don't agree then say so and move on, instead of trying to belittle people about their beliefs. Think about how petty that is.
I am not trying to prove or disprove anything. I just say what I think, and RIGHT NOW, SHOW ME WHERE I HAVE BELITTLED ANYONE ABOUT THEIR RELIGIOUS BELIEFS. Not my style. Do it now, and certainly, show me just one instance of belittling on my part and I will apologize. Not my style to do that, but rather to say, I repeat, what I think. As to religion, I continue repeating what I've read in the Holy books, just that, I ask questions of the "believers" and I get no reply , except "you belittle people, you're an atheist, you hate God" etc. This is a forum, no one holds the keys to absolute truth, least of all me, but it is a forum open for discussion. Bullying is your style, not mine. Respect is my style, not mine. Now let's have that example where I answered someone in a belittling manner. If at times, I've written "fool, idiot, clueless, slug", it's in retaliation and certainly not in answer to any subject, just a reflex, and never underhanded sex or profanity. Ever. And yes, if it's hurt anyone, apologies are offered.

Ottawa

#159624 Jun 14, 2013
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
2 Peter 3:8-9
8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.
9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
He sure was patient with Hitler and Stalin, much to the detriment of their victims. Pol Pot also comes to mind, as do thousands of murderers and tyrants throughout the centuries, many in the name of God who had nothing to do with it but whose name so often invoked.

RationalState

#159625 Jun 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Like I wrote to LinkTv, you can be a total UNbeliever in God, any God, but if you are good, generous, honest, charitable, helpful, hard worker, respectful of others and their faith, how can said God, any God from any religion, refuse you entry to Paradise? You have your beliefs with which I may or may not agree. That is to be respected.
P.S.: I will point out, once again, that I have never claimed to believe or not believe in God. That is my private affair and any one who claims that I am this or that is just speculating.
Pope Francis recently stated that he believes good and decent atheists can go to heaven. Maybe he will rebuild the Church. That doesn't say much for misanthropic and hateful believers.
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a fact: One of us is right and one is wrong. You can neither prove or disprove the existence of God. If I'm wrong, what have I lost? If you're wrong, what will it cost you? There is a "no lose" approach and there is a "no win" approach. I prefer the first approach.

Ottawa

#159626 Jun 14, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
"But aren't we all"?????????? You see yourself as the Son of God?
I never said I was or was not. I just quoted :

Galatians 3:26 &#9658;

So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith,

OR

For you are all children of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

You're welcome.

I wrote "son" from memory. When writing in Topix, it's mostly all from memory, and except to buttress something I've advanced, I don't research. So, sorry, I had written "sons of God", it's children of God. Same difference.

You asked "You see yourself as the Son of God?/" Mind telling me why the question?

RationalState

#159627 Jun 14, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
As of Dec. 2012, 77% of Americans identify themselves as Christians. You say (I think) that God is a myth yet you cannot prove it. That is an unfounded statement. Here are some other interesting numbers:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercool...
Back in Caesar's day most Romans believed in the Roman gods. Roman gods were not myths?

Socrates was put to death because he didn't believe in the Greek gods.

Popular belief in a god or gods is not evidence that belief is anything other than belief. BTW, 66% of the world is not Christian.

RationalState

#159628 Jun 14, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you do believe in other-worldly beings?
If it could happen here, it certainly is not precluded from happening elsewhere. Given the size of the universe, the notion that life must be unique to Earth is without basis.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
Rouge: "Whether we came from chimps or some other primate is not material. At some point we became human."
Indeed, at some point humans emerged. However, humans did not emerge from a single specially created couple per Adam and Eve myth. So thank you for admitting that the literal story of Adam & Eve is myth and literally false.
How is it that the earth has everything to sustain life? Duh! There could be millions of planets in the universe that can sustain life.
We have "the right amount"? None of it has any explanation? Billions and billions and billions of galaxies each with billions and billions and billions of stars, and a planet like Earth, needs a special explanation? The real question is how could a universe so vast not support life on many of its planets.

RationalState

#159629 Jun 14, 2013
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
2 Peter 3:8-9
8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.
9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
Nevertheless, the 6000 year figure for the age of the earth was made up by people who interpreted the bible according to the genealogy of Jesus. No?

A simple yes or no will do.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Rougie, nowhere in the bible does it say the earth is 6000 years old. The 6000 year theory, created by men, is based on a genealogy of Adam to Jesus, which assumes the earth was ~4000 years old when Jesus was born after Adam, calculated in Earth years based on the lives of biblical characters. The 6,000 year number has nothing to do with "God's point of view." UR pissing in the wind.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#159630 Jun 14, 2013
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do.
God created Millions of galaxies and who knows if He started another Earth Life somewhere else.
Yep, I don't think God got bored some 6,000 years, or 6.5 billion years ago, and created the Universe. I think He has been doing this from infinity and will continue to reinvent everything.
I suppose the are endless numbers of "Earths" similar to our whith intelligent human like creatures but I do not believe they have visited our Earth and probably never will.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#159631 Jun 14, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Nevertheless, the 6000 year figure for the age of the earth was made up by people who interpreted the bible according to the genealogy of Jesus. No?
A simple yes or no will do.
<quoted text>
But it may not be a yes or no answer which I can not answer.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 18 min KiMare 49,489
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 27 min the wandering girl 4,684
Crack and the Social, Moral, and Economic Decay... 2 hr joey 2
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Stu Rumsfeld 1,101,343
HKN Record Label Need UpComing Artist Call_0803... 3 hr mr innocent 1
Word (Dec '08) 4 hr andet1987 4,664
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr litesong 46,375
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search