BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story
Grand Birther

United States

#159618 Jun 14, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
You speak of religion, I speak of faith. Do religions have their faults, of course. As I said, man is inherently flawed. It is the "message" of the Bible that is important as opposed to the individual words and phrases.
Too bad you're an awful person and are incapable of living the "message."
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#159619 Jun 14, 2013
Grand Birther wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad you're an awful person and are incapable of living the "message."
Too bad you don't know what you're talking about, as usual.
Nazrat

Mcdonough, GA

#159620 Jun 14, 2013
Bob: "Did you hear about the Obama administration scandal?"

Jim: "You mean the Mexican gun running?"
Bob: "No, the other one."

Jim: "You mean SEAL Team 6 Extortion 17?"

Jim: "You mean the State Dept. lying about Benghazi?"

Jim: "You mean the voter fraud?"

Jim: "You mean the military not getting their votes counted?"

Jim: "You mean that 3 or 4 of Obama's GAY boyfriends were mysteriously MURDERED when they came forward with claims he was gay too?"

Jim: "You mean the president demoralizing and breaking down the military?"

Jim: "You mean the Boston Bombing?"

Jim: "The NSA monitoring our phone calls, e-mails and everything else?"

Jim: "You mean the president wanting to kill Americans with drones in our own country without the benefit of the law?"

Jim: "Giving 123 Technologies $300 Million and right after it declared bankruptcy it was sold to the Chinese?"

Jim: "You mean the president arming the Muslim Brotherhood?"

Jim: "The IRS targeting conservatives?"

Jim: "The DOJ spying on the press?"

Jim: "Sebelius shaking down health insurance executives?"

Jim: "Giving SOLYNDRA $500 MILLION DOLLARS and right after they declared bankruptcy 3 months later the Chinese bought it?"

Jim: "The NSA monitoring our phone calls, e-mails and everything else?"

Jim: "The president's ordering the release of nearly 10,000 illegal immigrants from jails and prisons and falsely blaming the sequester?"

Jim: "The president's threat to impose gun control by Executive Order in order to bypass Congress?"

Jim: "The president's repeated violation of the law requiring him to submit a budget no later than the first Monday in February?"

Jim: "The 2012 vote where 115% of all registered voters in some counties voted 100% for Obama?"

Jim: "The president's unconstitutional recess appointments in an attempt to circumvent the Senate's advise-and-consent role?"

Jim: "The State Department interfering with an Inspector General investigation on departmental sexual misconduct?"

Jim: "HHS employees being given insider information on Medicare Advantage?"

Jim: "Clinton, the IRS, Clapper and Holder all lying to Congress?"

Jim: "I give up!... Oh wait, I think I got it! You mean that 65 million low-information voters stuck us again with the most corrupt administration in American history?"
Bob: "THAT'S THE ONE!"
Nazrat

Mcdonough, GA

#159621 Jun 14, 2013
It was announced today that Buckwheat,
of Our Gang fame, has converted to the
Muslim faith and changed his name to
'Kareem of Wheat'.
Letís just hope he doesn't become a cereal killer.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#159622 Jun 14, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is were faith comes in! But it is sad that you will believe in Global Warming even though the Earth has been cooling for the past dozen years!
You guys never answer. I just report what's in the sacred writings, ask what you think, no reply, whether why a God would feel abandoned, why the sun revolves around the earth...does saying one have faith constitute a reply, a reasoning? Moses unexplainedly smashing the tablets, why?- and how the poor 3000 or so were killed by Moses or God for disobeying a First Commandment they had never seen. No answers, no reasoning, just "I have faith" . In what?

As to global warming, can I see some grounded statistics saying the earth has cooled in the last 10, 20 30 years? Have asked often, still no reply.

Ottawa

#159623 Jun 14, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you work so hard at trying to disprove something that can't be disproved? If you don't agree then say so and move on, instead of trying to belittle people about their beliefs. Think about how petty that is.
I am not trying to prove or disprove anything. I just say what I think, and RIGHT NOW, SHOW ME WHERE I HAVE BELITTLED ANYONE ABOUT THEIR RELIGIOUS BELIEFS. Not my style. Do it now, and certainly, show me just one instance of belittling on my part and I will apologize. Not my style to do that, but rather to say, I repeat, what I think. As to religion, I continue repeating what I've read in the Holy books, just that, I ask questions of the "believers" and I get no reply , except "you belittle people, you're an atheist, you hate God" etc. This is a forum, no one holds the keys to absolute truth, least of all me, but it is a forum open for discussion. Bullying is your style, not mine. Respect is my style, not mine. Now let's have that example where I answered someone in a belittling manner. If at times, I've written "fool, idiot, clueless, slug", it's in retaliation and certainly not in answer to any subject, just a reflex, and never underhanded sex or profanity. Ever. And yes, if it's hurt anyone, apologies are offered.

Ottawa

#159624 Jun 14, 2013
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
2 Peter 3:8-9
8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.
9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
He sure was patient with Hitler and Stalin, much to the detriment of their victims. Pol Pot also comes to mind, as do thousands of murderers and tyrants throughout the centuries, many in the name of God who had nothing to do with it but whose name so often invoked.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#159625 Jun 14, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I wrote to LinkTv, you can be a total UNbeliever in God, any God, but if you are good, generous, honest, charitable, helpful, hard worker, respectful of others and their faith, how can said God, any God from any religion, refuse you entry to Paradise? You have your beliefs with which I may or may not agree. That is to be respected.
P.S.: I will point out, once again, that I have never claimed to believe or not believe in God. That is my private affair and any one who claims that I am this or that is just speculating.
Pope Francis recently stated that he believes good and decent atheists can go to heaven. Maybe he will rebuild the Church. That doesn't say much for misanthropic and hateful believers.
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a fact: One of us is right and one is wrong. You can neither prove or disprove the existence of God. If I'm wrong, what have I lost? If you're wrong, what will it cost you? There is a "no lose" approach and there is a "no win" approach. I prefer the first approach.

Ottawa

#159626 Jun 14, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
"But aren't we all"?????????? You see yourself as the Son of God?
I never said I was or was not. I just quoted :

Galatians 3:26 &#9658;

So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith,

OR

For you are all children of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

You're welcome.

I wrote "son" from memory. When writing in Topix, it's mostly all from memory, and except to buttress something I've advanced, I don't research. So, sorry, I had written "sons of God", it's children of God. Same difference.

You asked "You see yourself as the Son of God?/" Mind telling me why the question?

RationalState

#159627 Jun 14, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
As of Dec. 2012, 77% of Americans identify themselves as Christians. You say (I think) that God is a myth yet you cannot prove it. That is an unfounded statement. Here are some other interesting numbers:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercool...
Back in Caesar's day most Romans believed in the Roman gods. Roman gods were not myths?

Socrates was put to death because he didn't believe in the Greek gods.

Popular belief in a god or gods is not evidence that belief is anything other than belief. BTW, 66% of the world is not Christian.

RationalState

#159628 Jun 14, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you do believe in other-worldly beings?
If it could happen here, it certainly is not precluded from happening elsewhere. Given the size of the universe, the notion that life must be unique to Earth is without basis.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
Rouge: "Whether we came from chimps or some other primate is not material. At some point we became human."
Indeed, at some point humans emerged. However, humans did not emerge from a single specially created couple per Adam and Eve myth. So thank you for admitting that the literal story of Adam & Eve is myth and literally false.
How is it that the earth has everything to sustain life? Duh! There could be millions of planets in the universe that can sustain life.
We have "the right amount"? None of it has any explanation? Billions and billions and billions of galaxies each with billions and billions and billions of stars, and a planet like Earth, needs a special explanation? The real question is how could a universe so vast not support life on many of its planets.

RationalState

#159629 Jun 14, 2013
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
2 Peter 3:8-9
8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.
9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
Nevertheless, the 6000 year figure for the age of the earth was made up by people who interpreted the bible according to the genealogy of Jesus. No?

A simple yes or no will do.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Rougie, nowhere in the bible does it say the earth is 6000 years old. The 6000 year theory, created by men, is based on a genealogy of Adam to Jesus, which assumes the earth was ~4000 years old when Jesus was born after Adam, calculated in Earth years based on the lives of biblical characters. The 6,000 year number has nothing to do with "God's point of view." UR pissing in the wind.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#159630 Jun 14, 2013
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do.
God created Millions of galaxies and who knows if He started another Earth Life somewhere else.
Yep, I don't think God got bored some 6,000 years, or 6.5 billion years ago, and created the Universe. I think He has been doing this from infinity and will continue to reinvent everything.
I suppose the are endless numbers of "Earths" similar to our whith intelligent human like creatures but I do not believe they have visited our Earth and probably never will.

Location hidden

#159631 Jun 14, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Nevertheless, the 6000 year figure for the age of the earth was made up by people who interpreted the bible according to the genealogy of Jesus. No?
A simple yes or no will do.
<quoted text>
But it may not be a yes or no answer which I can not answer.

RationalState

#159632 Jun 14, 2013
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
The Science complements and endorses much of the bible.
Even the highest Mountain peaks have fossils embedded from the flood, which many religions all attest to.
Maybe a tree in the Garden of Eden had many rings inside it and was there for millions of years?
Maybe Adam & Eve were hairy apelike Humans?
The Science had the earth as flat at one time in history and many other assumptions.
It makes sense too me when taken the whole totality of the Bible and compare it with science.
The Apostles all died horrible deaths all because they Refuse to say JESUS did not come back from the dead.
They saw HIM come back.
That is a good enough reason for me.
Sorry, the flat earth belief antedated the formal scientific method. Incidentally, ancient Egyptian astronomers understood that the earth was not flat, and they even calculated the distance from the earth to the moon.

Fossils embedded from the flood? Fossils in mountains and other inland locales are evidence that some land masses were once under water millions of years ago. That's not evidence of a multi-million year flood that covered the entire earth. Did you graduate middle school? How did Noah and his family survive all those millions of years on the ark, numskull? How did Noah build his ark millions of years ago before there were any humans? Moron.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
The conclusive scientific evidence that disproves the literal account of human creation according to the Adam and Eve myth does not depend upon opinions of people ignorant of the sciences. That's how science works; it does not depend upon religious belief but rather on the evidence.

Location hidden

#159633 Jun 14, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Back in Caesar's day most Romans believed in the Roman gods. Roman gods were not myths?
Socrates was put to death because he didn't believe in the Greek gods.
Popular belief in a god or gods is not evidence that belief is anything other than belief. BTW, 66% of the world is not Christian.
But Jews, Christians and Muslims all believe in the God of Abraham!
Out of a world population of just over seven billion, 33.39% are Christians, 22.74% Muslims and 0.22% Jewish which means 3.92 Billion all believe in the same God.
And only 2% are atheists so again, you are a deviant!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religiou...

Location hidden

#159634 Jun 14, 2013
Norway is in a pickle. Their oil production is slowly dropping and in another twenty years they will no longer be a net exporter of oil which is in part responsible for their above average economy. So the question now is, to extend oil exploration into areas that had previously been ruled out!
I wonder what the environmentalists will say?
Rogue

Oslo to okay Arctic oil drilling near sea ice, despite risks

Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:57pm EDT
* Norway government seeking to offset production decline

* Draft law to allow drilling in waters vulnerable to ice

* Environmentalists see risks

By Environment Correspondent Alister Doyle

OSLO, June 14 (Reuters)- Norway is set to permit offshore oil and gas exploration in Arctic waters vulnerable to sea ice, angering some opposition politicians and environmentalists who say ice sharply raises risks of accidents.

Norway's centre-left government, seeking new resources to offset a decline in production to a 25-year low, has often said it will not allow drilling in ice-covered seas. But the exact definition has been unclear.

A draft law, agreed by parliament's energy and environment committee this week, will allow drilling in an offshore border zone with Russia the size of Switzerland, part of which was covered by sea ice in a chill 2003 winter.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/14/nor...

RationalState

#159635 Jun 14, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Trinity . The Father, the Son and and Holy Ghost.
Jesus is dying on the cross. His net-to-last words : "Father, why hast thou abandoned me?"
Well, Jesus is supposed to be God, the Son, and, at the same time, the Father and the Holy Spirit, correct? Grateful you explain how Jesus, or God, can feel abandoned by his Father, who is He who is God. How can God abandon himself?
Can you please point out to me in any Gospel, Epistle, act of the Apostles, where and when Jesus said he was God.
You said we could not have it both ways. Yet you do. God is said to have given his son by making him a man. So what was he, a man or a God? Was the Father playing it both ways? Why was Satan tempt Jesus in the desert with worldly goods if Jesus was God? For what purpose was Satan even trying to tempt the creator of heaven and earth with paltry human things? And, being God and man at the same time, did he really suffer? Did he jettison his divine being whilst he was a man?
Ordinarily, anyone would dismiss all of the above and file it along with the Little Red Riding Hood tales. But for some reason called blind faith, and because humans are AFRAID of the afterlife, he/she clings to these revelations spinned by ...man. I reckon God would disassociate himself from most or all that has been written and said about HIM. How would he feel about the Crusades, the Inquisition, the witch hunts, the deadly Reformation, the wars in his name, because, don't forget, all of the foregoing was done in HIS name. He has broad shoulders, no?
Jacques, the "why have you abandoned me" quote is from Psalm 22.

Psalm 22 also includes "they have pierced my hands and my feet."

That is the context. The reference to Psalm 22 in the gospel is messianic in nature. Whether it really happened is another matter.

Ottawa

#159636 Jun 14, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
You speak of religion, I speak of faith. Do religions have their faults, of course. As I said, man is inherently flawed. It is the "message" of the Bible that is important as opposed to the individual words and phrases.
Yet when I post "messages" of the Bible here, real true messages, you respond vaguely, not at all or get personal.

RationalState

#159637 Jun 14, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
I'll take the word of the Bible over the word of man everytime.
You'll take fables over evidence every time?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy 9-17-14 2 min ralph 14
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Teaman 1,109,688
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 32 min ward 49,810
Dear Abby 9-17-14 34 min Sublime1 13
Amy 9-14-14 36 min Mister Tonka 7
Nuns hold prayer vigil outside suburban strip club 37 min rev Dave 7
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 40 min Earthling-1 46,632
Amy 9-16 2 hr Mister Tonka 49
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr anonymousdoom 98,215
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE