BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#159598 Jun 14, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text> Obama's just a plain hypocrite and fool. Obama's followers are just plain fools,and hypocrites. The people that idolize Obama are the same people that complained about Bush,Obama is ten times worst than Bush,yet they won't say one word. Obama lied every time he opened his mouth,but those that idolize him continue to follow him blindly. Obama himself complained when the unemployment rate raised above 4.5 under Bush,yet it has never gone down under Obama. There are currently twice as many people with out jobs ad twice as many people on welfare than there were prior to the time Obama was elected to the Senate in 2006.
Unemployment rate in Feb 2009, ONE month after Obama took office : 8.3%

Unemployment rate 9 months after Obama took office, Oct 2009 : 10%

Are you clueless to the point that you think those are Obama's numbers? Everything crashed in the fall of 2008, starting in August 2008. The 8.3 and 10% unemployment numbers are but a consequence of GWB's last disastrous year as president that almost bankrupted the United States.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#159599 Jun 14, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Trinity . The Father, the Son and and Holy Ghost.
Jesus is dying on the cross. His net-to-last words : "Father, why hast thou abandoned me?"
Well, Jesus is supposed to be God, the Son, and, at the same time, the Father and the Holy Spirit, correct? Grateful you explain how Jesus, or God, can feel abandoned by his Father, who is He who is God. How can God abandon himself?
Can you please point out to me in any Gospel, Epistle, act of the Apostles, where and when Jesus said he was God.
You said we could not have it both ways. Yet you do. God is said to have given his son by making him a man. So what was he, a man or a God? Was the Father playing it both ways? Why was Satan tempt Jesus in the desert with worldly goods if Jesus was God? For what purpose was Satan even trying to tempt the creator of heaven and earth with paltry human things? And, being God and man at the same time, did he really suffer? Did he jettison his divine being whilst he was a man?
Ordinarily, anyone would dismiss all of the above and file it along with the Little Red Riding Hood tales. But for some reason called blind faith, and because humans are AFRAID of the afterlife, he/she clings to these revelations spinned by ...man. I reckon God would disassociate himself from most or all that has been written and said about HIM. How would he feel about the Crusades, the Inquisition, the witch hunts, the deadly Reformation, the wars in his name, because, don't forget, all of the foregoing was done in HIS name. He has broad shoulders, no?
And that is were faith comes in! But it is sad that you will believe in Global Warming even though the Earth has been cooling for the past dozen years!

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#159600 Jun 14, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Population bottleneck analysis of the human genome has revealed that humans emerged as a group, thousands of them. There was never a population bottleneck as extreme as a single mating pair. The single mating pair story is exactly that, a story.
The DNA evidence from both the human genome and the chimpanzee genome unequivocally establishes that both species are descended from a common ancestor. The biblical account of first humans being immortal but who became mortal after 'sin' is simply busted. If there were a first human, whether you call that person Adam or Eve, all of their cousins, brothers, sisters, and clan members were non-human? And Adam's mother was not human? Nonsense. The data makes it a dead cinch conclusion. The born immortal Adam and Eve first human mating pair story is a myth.
<quoted text>
Or do many of us believe in Divine Intervention. Whether we came from chimps or some other primate is not material. At some point we became human. So it took God billions of years to create us, so what?
How long is one of God's minutes, days, month, etc.? First he "caused" some one cell animal or plant to begin life and they evolved through God's design to become mammals and then primates and then man.
How is it that Earth has all it needs to make life flourish? We have the right amount of sunlight, water, air, earth, plants, etc. And none of it has any explanation. NONE!
Thank you.

Rouge: "Whether we came from chimps or some other primate is not material. At some point we became human."

Indeed, at some point humans emerged. However, humans did not emerge from a single specially created couple per Adam and Eve myth. So thank you for admitting that the literal story of Adam & Eve is myth and literally false.

How is it that the earth has everything to sustain life? Duh! There could be millions of planets in the universe that can sustain life.

We have "the right amount"? None of it has any explanation? Billions and billions and billions of galaxies each with billions and billions and billions of stars, and a planet like Earth, needs a special explanation? The real question is how could a universe so vast not support life on many of its planets.

Ottawa

#159601 Jun 14, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't check out the link did you? I never mentioned "Catholics". I base my beliefs on my life experiences and how those experiences correlate with what the Bible teaches. Why would anyone base a "belief" on man? Man is inherently flawed. My beliefs have never changed. If one's beliefs change regularly then they have no foundation on which to build. "You shan't criticize it"? You have and still do. What are you talking about? My beliefs have been reinforced through life experiences. I'm far from perfect just as any man is. That is why I ask God for forgiveness each day (nearly). People either believe or they don't. It really is as simple as that. Tell me, have you ever known a junkie and seen the relentless desire and craving for a fix?
To think you'd walk right into it by writing : "Why would anyone base a "belief" on man?" Then tell me, who wrote ALL of the Scriptures? God?

I do not subscribe to any religion as they are all flawed and mostly violent and anti-female. That's because man made them that way. Not God.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#159602 Jun 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Jesus is dying on the cross. His net-to-last words : "Father, why hast thou abandoned me?"
Well, Jesus is supposed to be God, the Son, and, at the same time, the Father and the Holy Spirit, correct? Grateful you explain how Jesus, or God, can feel abandoned by his Father, who is He who is God. How can God abandon himself?
Can you please point out to me in any Gospel, Epistle, act of the Apostles, where and when Jesus said he was God.
You said we could not have it both ways. Yet you do. God is said to have given his son by making him a man. So what was he, a man or a God? Was the Father playing it both ways? Why was Satan tempt Jesus in the desert with worldly goods if Jesus was God? For what purpose was Satan even trying to tempt the creator of heaven and earth with paltry human things? And, being God and man at the same time, did he really suffer? Did he jettison his divine being whilst he was a man?
Ordinarily, anyone would dismiss all of the above and file it along with the Little Red Riding Hood tales. But for some reason called blind faith, and because humans are AFRAID of the afterlife, he/she clings to these revelations spinned by ...man. I reckon God would disassociate himself from most or all that has been written and said about HIM. How would he feel about the Crusades, the Inquisition, the witch hunts, the deadly Reformation, the wars in his name, because, don't forget, all of the foregoing was done in HIS name. He has broad shoulders, no?
Why do you work so hard at trying to disprove something that can't be disproved? If you don't agree then say so and move on, instead of trying to belittle people about their beliefs. Think about how petty that is.

Ottawa

#159603 Jun 14, 2013
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
The Science complements and endorses much of the bible.
Even the highest Mountain peaks have fossils embedded from the flood, which many religions all attest to.
Maybe a tree in the Garden of Eden had many rings inside it and was there for millions of years?
Maybe Adam & Eve were hairy apelike Humans?
The Science had the earth as flat at one time in history and many other assumptions.
It makes sense too me when taken the whole totality of the Bible and compare it with science.
The Apostles all died horrible deaths all because they Refuse to say JESUS did not come back from the dead.
They saw HIM come back.
That is a good enough reason for me.
You wrote "

The Science complements and endorses much of the bible. "

It does? Then explain how the creator of heaven and earth had the sun stopped in its tracks, stopped its orbit so Joshua could continue slaughtering men women and children with the help of prolonged daylight. And before you begin explaining, remember that the Bible is the word of God. Canonized. There is no time frame of knowledge for God.
Pdamerica org

West Sayville, NY

#159604 Jun 14, 2013
<quoted text>
JESUS was Human is ALL WAYS except for Sin. He did not sin and only GOD can do that.

Of course God was against the Crusaders, Inquisition, etc... God loves the sinner and hates the sin.

There is an old saying Jacques my friend.

Everyone Prays In A Foxhole.

-------

John 10:30
30 I and my Father are one.

=======
Mark 14:60-64

60 Then the high priest stood up before them and asked Jesus,“Are you not going to answer? What is this testimony that these men are bringing against you?” 61 But Jesus remained silent and gave no answer.

Again the high priest asked him,“Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?”

62 “I am,” said Jesus.“And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

63 The high priest tore his clothes.“Why do we need any more witnesses?” he asked. 64 “You have heard the blasphemy. What do you think?”

They all condemned him as worthy of death.

========
Pdamerica org

West Sayville, NY

#159605 Jun 14, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
And then how did Bill Gates and Steve Jobs make it? How did a ghetto boy like Colon Powell become a four-star general? How did Bill Clinton come from the sticks of Arkansas and make it to the White House?
Here in America, you can do about anything you are capable of.
So you think there are ZERO Billionaires In Russia?

Or in many other countries?
Pdamerica org

West Sayville, NY

#159606 Jun 14, 2013
<quoted text>
You wrote "
The Science complements and endorses much of the bible. "
It does? Then explain how the creator of heaven and earth had the sun stopped in its tracks, stopped its orbit so Joshua could continue slaughtering men women and children with the help of prolonged daylight. And before you begin explaining, remember that the Bible is the word of God. Canonized. There is no time frame of knowledge for God.
LOL

I hope you heard of Leap Year Feb 29th???

RationalState

#159607 Jun 14, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
There are many who believe the Old Testament is 100% literally true. And then there are people like me who believe much of it is allegorical. And some is a mixture.
Like how old is Earth. In the Old Testament it is about 6,000 years old but scientifically the Earth is about 6.5 billion EARTH years old. So, how did the writers of the Old Testament come up with just 6,000 years? I don't know but maybe God told someone.
Now, where is God? Everywhere?!? And maybe from his point of view everything is about 6,000 years old.
Modern science does not shake my beliefs in God.
Sorry, Rougie, nowhere in the bible does it say the earth is 6000 years old. The 6000 year theory, created by men, is based on a genealogy of Adam to Jesus, which assumes the earth was ~4000 years old when Jesus was born after Adam, calculated in Earth years based on the lives of biblical characters. The 6,000 year number has nothing to do with "God's point of view." UR pissing in the wind.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#159608 Jun 14, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
Rouge: "Whether we came from chimps or some other primate is not material. At some point we became human."
Indeed, at some point humans emerged. However, humans did not emerge from a single specially created couple per Adam and Eve myth. So thank you for admitting that the literal story of Adam & Eve is myth and literally false.
How is it that the earth has everything to sustain life? Duh! There could be millions of planets in the universe that can sustain life.
We have "the right amount"? None of it has any explanation? Billions and billions and billions of galaxies each with billions and billions and billions of stars, and a planet like Earth, needs a special explanation? The real question is how could a universe so vast not support life on many of its planets.
So, you do believe in other-worldly beings?

Ottawa

#159609 Jun 14, 2013
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
JESUS was Human is ALL WAYS except for Sin. He did not sin and only GOD can do that.
Of course God was against the Crusaders, Inquisition, etc... God loves the sinner and hates the sin.
There is an old saying Jacques my friend.
Everyone Prays In A Foxhole.
-------
John 10:30
30 I and my Father are one.
=======
Mark 14:60-64
60 Then the high priest stood up before them and asked Jesus,“Are you not going to answer? What is this testimony that these men are bringing against you?” 61 But Jesus remained silent and gave no answer.
Again the high priest asked him,“Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?”
62 “I am,” said Jesus.“And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”
63 The high priest tore his clothes.“Why do we need any more witnesses?” he asked. 64 “You have heard the blasphemy. What do you think?”
They all condemned him as worthy of death.
========
Yes, he agreed he was the Son of God. But, aren't we all? And to prove we are all sons of God (religious misogynous evangelists only use "son", not "daughters btw) He never ever said he was God. And, won't we all sit at the right of God? That statement to the High Priest is to say the least, very ambiguous. Any others where Jesus said he was God. And "Messiah" means "anointed one", not God.
Pdamerica org

West Sayville, NY

#159610 Jun 14, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Rougie, nowhere in the bible does it say the earth is 6000 years old. The 6000 year theory, created by men, is based on a genealogy of Adam to Jesus, which assumes the earth was ~4000 years old when Jesus was born after Adam, calculated in Earth years based on the lives of biblical characters. The 6,000 year number has nothing to do with "God's point of view." UR pissing in the wind.
2 Peter 3:8-9

8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Ottawa

#159611 Jun 14, 2013
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
I hope you heard of Leap Year Feb 29th???
Please explain the sun stopped in its orbit thing, as the creator did not seem to realise that it's the earth that orbits the sun. Weird. The writer, at that time, did not know it was the other way around? Okay, I'll buy that. But was the writer not inspired by God himself, a Revelation, the word of God, canonized? Joshua wrote his own book, the book of Joshua. Was his shorthand that bad when he took dictation?
Pdamerica org

West Sayville, NY

#159612 Jun 14, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you do believe in other-worldly beings?
Yes I do.

God created Millions of galaxies and who knows if He started another Earth Life somewhere else.

Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#159613 Jun 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes, he agreed he was the Son of God. But, aren't we all? And to prove we are all sons of God (religious misogynous evangelists only use "son", not "daughters btw) He never ever said he was God. And, won't we all sit at the right of God? That statement to the High Priest is to say the least, very ambiguous. Any others where Jesus said he was God. And "Messiah" means "anointed one", not God.
"But aren't we all"?????????? You see yourself as the Son of God?
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#159614 Jun 14, 2013
<quoted text>
To think you'd walk right into it by writing : "Why would anyone base a "belief" on man?" Then tell me, who wrote ALL of the Scriptures? God?
I do not subscribe to any religion as they are all flawed and mostly violent and anti-female. That's because man made them that way. Not God.
You speak of religion, I speak of faith. Do religions have their faults, of course. As I said, man is inherently flawed. It is the "message" of the Bible that is important as opposed to the individual words and phrases.

RationalState

#159615 Jun 14, 2013
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
The blood of the Lamb in the old testament was for forgiveness of sins, over and over and over again.
GOD gave JESUS one time, in fulfillment of the scriptures, that whoever believes will be forgiven, over and over and over again.
Key words: One Time and Believes
A man or woman who does not 'believe' yet lives a good and decent life will not be forgiven? Forgiven what? Forgiven the guilt of a mythical 'sin' committed by a mythical 'first' man who was one half of the mythical first mating pair of humans?

Even the eminent theologian Joseph Ratzinger, later Pope Benedict XVI, admitted that the greatest challenge facing modern theologians is the concept of 'original sin'. The fact that man evolved puts a "monkey wrench" in the original sin theory as described in Genesis.(pun intended)

Thousands of humans, the founding population, who evolved from a common ancestral population of primates, need a Divine Savior in human form to die for them lest they all be condemned to burn eternally? Now who committed this 'original sin' among a population of thousands that condemned all his brethren? God selected one to stand for all the others? If your brother-in-law commits a crime you are guilty?

And if there is intelligent life beyond the Earth, do they need a savior?

Sorry, Ratzinger and other theologians understand that there is a real f------ problem.

The whole mess depends upon a literal reading of the Adam and Eve story, which has been proven FALSE.
<quoted text>
If John 3 : 16 is true, we are talking human sacrifice here, prohibited by God Himself. Did He break his own rules? Is He above His own laws?

RationalState

#159616 Jun 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Both the Old and New Testament have been canonized by the Catholic Church and are "the word of God" , to be read and taken literally, according to the Church's Catechism. There is no room for interpretation.
It is interesting that Pius XII in 1950, in the encyclical Humani Generis, said that evolution needed more study and that the faithful must believe that God created man's eternal soul. On the other hand, one of the 'infallible' decrees from the Council of Trent said something quite different, that Adam and Eve were the first humans and that death came into the world because of their 'sin'. Pius XII understood that the 'infallible' teaching might not be so infallible, and his waffling was proof. The simple fact is that if man evolved,'Adam' had a mortal mother, and the 'death entered the world through sin' dogma is nonsense.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#159617 Jun 14, 2013
I'll take the word of the Bible over the word of man everytime.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min sonicfilter 1,109,124
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 min Boy G 49,794
rahm emanuel is a no show at ASNE-APME Conference 11 min rahm jizzbucket e... 1
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 11 min Common Sense 4,019
Abby 9-16 24 min edogxxx 4
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 24 min Socialism is for ... 46,581
Amy 9-16 27 min edogxxx 5
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 34 min responsible party 98,200
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••