BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#159534 Jun 14, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only problem was that that law EXPIRED in 2011 and was replaced by a highly modified version by the same name which signed into law by ... Obama.
just because the new law has the same name as the old law, doesn't mean it is the same.
Rouge is still avoiding his problem with item 23. Does he fancy that item 23 contains a statement that David A. Sinclair, M. D., was high on LSD and hallucinated the birth of BO on August 4, 1961, and that the child was really born in Kenya? And does Rouge believe the hospital clerk who typed in the information was on hallucinogens as well?

Rouge does not seem to comprehend that there are no possible comments that could have ever been in item 23 that would have invalidated items 7a, 7b, 7c,(place of birth) and the doctor's signature. "Oops it was all a joke and he was really born in Kenya" doesn't cut it in the real world. What world is Rouge from?

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#159535 Jun 14, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
What a screwed up bunch of garbage.
How does that in any way, shape or form begin to answer the question?
Pdamerica org

West Sayville, NY

#159536 Jun 14, 2013
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Jesus not write anything of his own? Of course he didnít. What you post are quotes from the gospel according to John (whoever he was) which differs from that according to Matthew, Mark and Luke (whoever they were)
Jesus if he existed at all certainly had some nutty ideas and for that he was obviously crucified; and since no one has established the existence of any gods it would be a bit premature to commence burdening them with sacrificial sons already.
Surely you can understand why the primitive notion of human sacrifice would be totally repugnant to the enlightened mind can you not? Of course you canít. Some would say, Lord help us if the Christians ever seize control. LOLÖÖÖ
Common sense tells me the 4 Gospels are not different.

Example 101: If you had 4 different people writing down what they observed and remembered it would be a little different.

All 4 Gospels have the same themes and interpretations and does not contradict each other.

==========

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Ottawa

#159537 Jun 14, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
And many scientists are mad. This entire Universe was a mere accident, huh? There are no coincidences. You'd be wise to take that to heart. So where is the missing link? For all any of us know, evolution may be nothing more than part of the divine plan.
So you've now switched from schoolyard bullying tactics and profanity to outlandish comments like "And many scientists are mad. This entire Universe was a mere accident, huh?" Well, speaking of mad, you believe in Adam and Eve, which means the universe and human beings are 6,500 years old. Rogue-type year accounting, LMAO (LRS tm reg'd). How "mad" is that? And speaking of accidents, the only accident I can detect here was made by your parents who conceived you in the first place.
Pdamerica org

West Sayville, NY

#159538 Jun 14, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Population bottleneck analysis of the human genome has revealed that humans emerged as a group, thousands of them. There was never a population bottleneck as extreme as a single mating pair. The single mating pair story is exactly that, a story.
The DNA evidence from both the human genome and the chimpanzee genome unequivocally establishes that both species are descended from a common ancestor. The biblical account of first humans being immortal but who became mortal after 'sin' is simply busted. If there were a first human, whether you call that person Adam or Eve, all of their cousins, brothers, sisters, and clan members were non-human? And Adam's mother was not human? Nonsense. The data makes it a dead cinch conclusion. The born immortal Adam and Eve first human mating pair story is a myth.
wojar, Maybe, just maybe Adam and Eve were hairy apelike Humans?

You obviously are in the minority because there are Billions and Billions of people in other religions who all believe in GOD's creation.

Ottawa

#159539 Jun 14, 2013
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
Common sense tells me the 4 Gospels are not different.
Example 101: If you had 4 different people writing down what they observed and remembered it would be a little different.
All 4 Gospels have the same themes and interpretations and does not contradict each other.
==========
John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
If John 3 : 16 is true, we are talking human sacrifice here, prohibited by God Himself. Did He break his own rules? Is He above His own laws?
Nazrat

Mcdonough, GA

#159540 Jun 14, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, but population bottleneck studies have nothing to do with theories of chance or purpose. Indeed, population bottleneck data pertaining to human history does not even require belief in evolution. It simply shows that the human population was never two.
Furthermore, the DNA which is in every cell of your body contains the evidence for human descent from a common ancestor of the chimp. That is the scientific conclusion. It is not a philosophical speculation on meaning or purpose in the universe.
The overwhelming evidence that has accumulated over the past few decades has relegated the literal Adam and Eve story to the metaphorical myth category. It is not factual. This means that the notion of the bible as literally inerrant is simply a FALSE and naive belief.
<quoted text>
Now you're a chimp?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#159541 Jun 14, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Rouge is still avoiding his problem with item 23. Does he fancy that item 23 contains a statement that David A. Sinclair, M. D., was high on LSD and hallucinated the birth of BO on August 4, 1961, and that the child was really born in Kenya? And does Rouge believe the hospital clerk who typed in the information was on hallucinogens as well?
Rouge does not seem to comprehend that there are no possible comments that could have ever been in item 23 that would have invalidated items 7a, 7b, 7c,(place of birth) and the doctor's signature. "Oops it was all a joke and he was really born in Kenya" doesn't cut it in the real world. What world is Rouge from?
The point being, the jpg image Obama put on the internet in no way looks like any other copy of anyone elses CoLB!
Pdamerica org

West Sayville, NY

#159542 Jun 14, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
and God plays with the devil, that very devil that HE banished to hell after they revolted against HIM? Plays games and bets with him on Adam and Eve and Job? Are you serious? I thought Satan burned and suffered for eternity. Does he get a break when he gets together to play games with God?
The devil, and of course, these are fables, we have to take some nutty unknown prophet's word for it, was allowed to tempt Adam and Eve. Why am I writing this? It's all so Santa Claus-like.
Anyhow, a man , a woman who lead a good life, do good unto others, are children of God, believers or not. I'll take my chances, but I don't intend to reveal what I do or do not believe, except for religion, as I don't know of one good one. ALL religions have succeeded in disrespecting the very God or Jesus or Mohamad or Krishna or Jawheh that they say is their God.
You are quite right in believing in the GOOD.

JESUS will judge the hearts and minds of all humanity fairly because GOD is LOVE.

Ottawa

#159543 Jun 14, 2013
Nazrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're a chimp?
Some are evolved chimps, others not so much. Only if the shoe fits...

Location hidden

#159544 Jun 14, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Population bottleneck analysis of the human genome has revealed that humans emerged as a group, thousands of them. There was never a population bottleneck as extreme as a single mating pair. The single mating pair story is exactly that, a story.
The DNA evidence from both the human genome and the chimpanzee genome unequivocally establishes that both species are descended from a common ancestor. The biblical account of first humans being immortal but who became mortal after 'sin' is simply busted. If there were a first human, whether you call that person Adam or Eve, all of their cousins, brothers, sisters, and clan members were non-human? And Adam's mother was not human? Nonsense. The data makes it a dead cinch conclusion. The born immortal Adam and Eve first human mating pair story is a myth.
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
wojar, Maybe, just maybe Adam and Eve were hairy apelike Humans?
You obviously are in the minority because there are Billions and Billions of people in other religions who all believe in GOD's creation.
Or do many of us believe in Divine Intervention. Whether we came from chimps or some other primate is not material. At some point we became human. So it took God billions of years to create us, so what?
How long is one of God's minutes, days, month, etc.? First he "caused" some one cell animal or plant to begin life and they evolved through God's design to become mammals and then primates and then man.
How is it that Earth has all it needs to make life flourish? We have the right amount of sunlight, water, air, earth, plants, etc. And none of it has any explanation. NONE!

Location hidden

#159545 Jun 14, 2013
There are many who believe the Old Testament is 100% literally true. And then there are people like me who believe much of it is allegorical. And some is a mixture.
Like how old is Earth. In the Old Testament it is about 6,000 years old but scientifically the Earth is about 6.5 billion EARTH years old. So, how did the writers of the Old Testament come up with just 6,000 years? I don't know but maybe God told someone.
Now, where is God? Everywhere?!? And maybe from his point of view everything is about 6,000 years old.
Modern science does not shake my beliefs in God.
Nazrat

Mcdonough, GA

#159547 Jun 14, 2013
Nazrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're a chimp?
<quoted text>
Some are evolved chimps, others not so much. Only if the shoe fits...
Now, did we or did we not evolve from chimps? You said we did!

The Relationship between Apes and Humans
Since scientists developed the ability to decode the genome and compare the genetic makeup of species, some people have been stunned to learn that about 98.5% of the genes in people and chimpanzees are identical. This finding means chimps are the closest living biological relatives to humans, but it does not mean that humans evolved from chimps. What it does indicate is that humans share a common ancestor with modern African apes (i.e., gorillas and chimpanzees), making us very, very distant cousins. We are therefore related to these other living primates, but we did not descend from them.

Modern humans differ from apes in many significant ways. Human brains are larger and more complex; people have elaborate forms of communication and culture; and people habitually walk upright, can manipulate very small objects, and can speak.

Read more: Human Evolution | Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0932663.html#i...
Pdamerica org

West Sayville, NY

#159548 Jun 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Quote : "Moses gets credit for the first five books of the old testament.
2. "Scriptures were written by the Holy Spirit through Humankind." Scoff. I can hardly believe you wrote that. And you do believe it because some old misanthrope who termed themselves evangelists told you so? Why are there never ever witnesses to vouch for these "revelations" from the Holy Spirit? Even Paul was a murderer. Why him converted on his way to Damascus?
You also wrote : "I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is."
Well, you too easily discount the love and affection of God. It is sure that even if He does not succeed in making you believe in Him, but you lead a good loving generous charitable life doing good amongst your brethren, you'll get to Heaven a lot quicker than some phoney president or $20 billion a year thieving CEO who goes to Church every Sunday.
Poppycock. You tell Afghan women, many Moslem women, poor Aids-ravaged communities with not enough to eat, handicapped children and adults, either physically and mostly mentally that they can ask and receive, that they can seek and find, and hey, you get one of these poor lost crack-addicted men or women knocking at your door at 2 in the morning and see if you'll open. Neither will God. I've seen untold misery, misery like you cannot fathom, there is no hope for these people, why there are not even any doors to knock on. There are no doors.
I can't create the sun, moon, stars. But then who did? You don't know, I don't know. No one knows as no one has come back from the dead to inform us. Every wondered why?
But my main grievance is, from time immemorial, man has blamed God for all of his crimes, from Abraham to Moses to modern war. God as I know him does not kill innocent people as Joshuah attributes to him
It is the SIN in this world that causes this misery.

GOD threw out the devil in Heaven because of his disobedience and put him on earth.

The devil is the prince of this world, BUT GOD is still in charge otherwise there would be nothing left.

It is never too late for anyone, Including Paul who murdered Saint Stephen and all the Apostles.

The two thieves crucified with JESUS, one asked for forgiveness and JESUS promised him ( Today you will be with ME in Paradise.

=======

Romans 3:23
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

=========

Romans 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in[a] Christ Jesus our Lord.

=========

The Armor of God

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devilís schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lordís people. 19 Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.
Pdamerica org

West Sayville, NY

#159549 Jun 14, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
There are many who believe the Old Testament is 100% literally true. And then there are people like me who believe much of it is allegorical. And some is a mixture.
Like how old is Earth. In the Old Testament it is about 6,000 years old but scientifically the Earth is about 6.5 billion EARTH years old. So, how did the writers of the Old Testament come up with just 6,000 years? I don't know but maybe God told someone.
Now, where is God? Everywhere?!? And maybe from his point of view everything is about 6,000 years old.
Jewish History: The Beginning
http://www.chabad.org/multimedia/media_cdo/ai...
Pdamerica org

West Sayville, NY

#159550 Jun 14, 2013
<quoted text>
If John 3 : 16 is true, we are talking human sacrifice here, prohibited by God Himself. Did He break his own rules? Is He above His own laws?
The blood of the Lamb in the old testament was for forgiveness of sins, over and over and over again.

GOD gave JESUS one time, in fulfillment of the scriptures, that whoever believes will be forgiven, over and over and over again.

Key words: One Time and Believes
Pdamerica org

West Sayville, NY

#159551 Jun 14, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only problem was that that law EXPIRED in 2011 and was replaced by a highly modified version by the same name which signed into law by ... Obama.
just because the new law has the same name as the old law, doesn't mean it is the same.
Spying is Spying and Hannity is a liar and a hypocrite....

..... PERIOD.

==========

Russell Tice, Sliced and Diced
http://tinyurl.com/mmyug
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2006/01/11/publi...

NSA Whistleblower Alleges Illegal Spying
http://tinyurl.com/ab2gc
http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/Investigation/story...

Bush Lets U.S. Spy on Callers Without Courts
http://tinyurl.com/pbvxk
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html...

“zero nuclear weapons”

Since: Sep 08

Perryville

#159554 Jun 14, 2013
American Lady thnk about this before responding.

Every govermnent agencying the country would have vetted Obama before he became President.

Also the intelligence agencies of China, Great Britain i could go on and on.

They also would have vetted Obama. Now if any of the countries found out he was not born in Hawaii why didn't they speak out and say something???

Or do you think he had the power to keep them quite?

Ottawa

#159556 Jun 14, 2013
Nazrat wrote:
Nazrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're a chimp?
<quoted text>
Now, did we or did we not evolve from chimps? You said we did!
The Relationship between Apes and Humans
Since scientists developed the ability to decode the genome and compare the genetic makeup of species, some people have been stunned to learn that about 98.5% of the genes in people and chimpanzees are identical. This finding means chimps are the closest living biological relatives to humans, but it does not mean that humans evolved from chimps. What it does indicate is that humans share a common ancestor with modern African apes (i.e., gorillas and chimpanzees), making us very, very distant cousins. We are therefore related to these other living primates, but we did not descend from them.
Modern humans differ from apes in many significant ways. Human brains are larger and more complex; people have elaborate forms of communication and culture; and people habitually walk upright, can manipulate very small objects, and can speak.
Read more: Human Evolution | Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0932663.html#i...
You wrote : "Now, did we or did we not evolve from chimps? You said we did!"

I never ever said we did or didn't, but the fact remains that some chimps are more evolved than others.

Ottawa

#159557 Jun 14, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Both the Old and New Testament have been canonized by the Catholic Church and are "the word of God" , to be read and taken literally, according to the Church's Catechism. There is no room for interpretation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min woodtick57 1,125,465
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 56 min KiMerde 50,607
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 70,024
Hanover Park Teen Charged In Weekend Stabbing (Jun '09) 1 hr no one 42
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Hot coed babe 47,487
$15/hr. for fast food employees..... 3 hr joey 2
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr Grau 68,643
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]