BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 240339 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Linktv org

Edison, NJ

#158214 Jun 5, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was comparing the problems in Northern Ireland to Islamofascists like al Qaeda. How many planes have the IRA crashed into buildings?
As far as terrorist groups go, if al Qaeda is a bad to the bone 10, the IRA was a 3. But terrorism is not good and we should seek peaceful means to conflicts.
<quoted text>
But the Protestants of Northern Ireland are ... Irish! The problem is they hate Catholics and repress them.
The Orange marching through predominantly Catholic neighborhoods would be like the KKK marching through the ghettoes! Someone will start throwing rocks or worse!
OK, I understand.

You did not listen to my video.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

United States

#158215 Jun 5, 2013
At the suggestion of Dr.[James] Conant, the Secretary agreed that the most desirable target would be a vital war plant employing a large number of workers and closely surrounded by workers’ houses.”(emphasis added)[16]

http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2012/08/hiro-...

United States

#158216 Jun 5, 2013
Despite the reference to not concentrating on a civilian area, the committee explicitly rejected the use of the bomb first on a purely military or uninhabited region, as some of the scientists who had worked with the panel recommended. [17]
Linktv org

Edison, NJ

#158217 Jun 5, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't give a damn what Bush thinks or says!

Jeb Bush vs Hillary Clinton.
Linktv org

Edison, NJ

#158218 Jun 5, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was comparing the problems in Northern Ireland to Islamofascists like al Qaeda. How many planes have the IRA crashed into buildings?
As far as terrorist groups go, if al Qaeda is a bad to the bone 10, the IRA was a 3. But terrorism is not good and we should seek peaceful means to conflicts.
<quoted text>
But the Protestants of Northern Ireland are ... Irish! The problem is they hate Catholics and repress them.
The Orange marching through predominantly Catholic neighborhoods would be like the KKK marching through the ghettoes! Someone will start throwing rocks or worse!
And I always thought Ireland was a Catholic country.

United States

#158219 Jun 5, 2013
The city as a whole was highly susceptible to fire damage.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_did_the_US_choo...

"On the military nature of the bombing: It is doubtful that the bomb dropped on Hiroshima was intended for any of the military bases. The bomb was dropped in the center of the city, miles from either the army or navy base. Given that the destructive capability of the bomb was not fully known, it is doubtful that the air force would have targeted the center of town if the bases were the intended targets. But few historians have ever argued that the bombing of Hiroshima was intended as a strategic, tactical strike on a particular target."
http://lists.village.virginia.edu/lists_archi...

United States

#158220 Jun 5, 2013
On other occasions, Truman claimed that Hiroshima was bombed because it was an industrial center. But, as noted in the U.S. Strategic Bombing Survey, "all major factories in Hiroshima were on the periphery of the city – and escaped serious damage."90 The target was the center of the city. That Truman realized the kind of victims the bombs consumed is evident from his comment to his cabinet on August 10, explaining his reluctance to drop a third bomb: "The thought of wiping out another 100,000 people was too horrible," he said; he didn't like the idea of killing "all those kids."91 Wiping out another one hundred thousand people ... all those kids.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/raico/raico22.html

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#158221 Jun 5, 2013
Linktv org wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I understand.
You did not listen to my video.
I've heard it before!
Linktv org

Edison, NJ

#158223 Jun 5, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've heard it before!
What song is it?

Location hidden

#158224 Jun 5, 2013
wojar wrote:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_did_the_US_choo...
"On the military nature of the bombing: It is doubtful that the bomb dropped on Hiroshima was intended for any of the military bases. The bomb was dropped in the center of the city, miles from either the army or navy base. Given that the destructive capability of the bomb was not fully known, it is doubtful that the air force would have targeted the center of town if the bases were the intended targets. But few historians have ever argued that the bombing of Hiroshima was intended as a strategic, tactical strike on a particular target."
http://lists.village.virginia.edu/lists_archi...
The dropping of the two bombs gave the Japanese a way to save face and surrender. They knew the war was lost and they were very worried about the Soviets occupying their country.
By dropping those two bombs the Japanese politicians could explain to their people that they had no way to counter these weapons. There were two agreements. One was that the Emperor could remain and the other, which was kept secret, was that the only the Americans could occupy their country.
And when we think about how the Soviets occupied Eastern Europe and kept those people as slaves, that was a wise decision.
Under the Hague Conventions of 1898 and 1907 a country that was illegally attack could occupy the offending country INDEFINITELY. In other words, we did not have to allow Japan, Germany or Italy to ever own their own country ever again. And Israel never has to let go of Palestine, Gaza or the Golan Heights as the Arabs were the aggressors.

United States

#158225 Jun 5, 2013
But what really kills me is the fact that the record of Stimson's comment to Truman, that thousands of Hiroshima homes (and people) would be burned by an atomic bomb dropped over the city center, is not anywhere to be found today. I READ (a copy of the text of the memo) MEMO 43 YEARS AGO from a respected source. That's called whitewashing.

I recall when I was on a flight to Europe in 1973 to study at a European university for a few months, that a person was sitting behind me talking about the reasons for bombing Hiroshima. I mentioned the Stimson memo, Dead Silence. Where the F is that memo today?

United States

#158226 Jun 5, 2013
The memo specifically noted that thousands of houses would burn, and thousand sand thousands of civilians would DIE.

The USSR was noted for it's ability to change history by suppressing information and rewriting history.

What about Stimson's comments to Truman about the advantages of burning Hiroshima civilians alive?

Huh? What about it?
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#158227 Jun 5, 2013
wojar wrote:
The memo specifically noted that thousands of houses would burn, and thousand sand thousands of civilians would DIE.
The USSR was noted for it's ability to change history by suppressing information and rewriting history.
What about Stimson's comments to Truman about the advantages of burning Hiroshima civilians alive?
Huh? What about it?
Guess it was a really bad idea to plan a surprise attack on Pearl Harbor, no?

Location hidden

#158228 Jun 5, 2013
Have you seen MSNBC's ratings lately? Why Rachel Madcow is below toilet level.

The Stunning Downfall Of MSNBC In Five Charts
Brett LoGiurato | Jun. 4, 2013
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/msnbc-ratings-...

Location hidden

#158229 Jun 5, 2013
This is from Huffington Post so it must be true. I can hear Rachel Madcow now!

May Cable News Ratings: MSNBC In Last Place; HLN, CNN Up (PHOTOS): 06/03/2013 11:00 am EDT

Coverage of the Jodi Arias trial and the Oklahoma tornado threw cable news ratings into a bit of a tailspin during the month of May.

While Fox News dominated the ratings as usual with the top thirteen programs......

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/03/may-...

United States

#158230 Jun 5, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess it was a really bad idea to plan a surprise attack on Pearl Harbor, no?
That's not the point.

The fact is the "Ministry of Truth" has removed the record of Stimson's comment to Truman.
wojar wrote:
Huh? What about it?

Location hidden

#158231 Jun 5, 2013
wojar wrote:
Huh? What about it?
More people died in Tokyo (104,500)from burning to death than died in Hiroshima (80,000).

United States

#158232 Jun 5, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
The dropping of the two bombs gave the Japanese a way to save face and surrender. They knew the war was lost and they were very worried about the Soviets occupying their country.
By dropping those two bombs the Japanese politicians could explain to their people that they had no way to counter these weapons. There were two agreements. One was that the Emperor could remain and the other, which was kept secret, was that the only the Americans could occupy their country.
And when we think about how the Soviets occupied Eastern Europe and kept those people as slaves, that was a wise decision.
Under the Hague Conventions of 1898 and 1907 a country that was illegally attack could occupy the offending country INDEFINITELY. In other words, we did not have to allow Japan, Germany or Italy to ever own their own country ever again. And Israel never has to let go of Palestine, Gaza or the Golan Heights as the Arabs were the aggressors.
The point was that the record has been "sanitized".

The comments from Stimson to Truman about the advantages of burning thousands and thousands of people alive in Hiroshima, comments that were in the record in 1970, are no longer in the record. Why?

Got it?
wojar wrote:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_did_the_US_choo ...
http://lists.village.virginia.edu/lists_archi ...

United States

#158233 Jun 5, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
More people died in Tokyo (104,500)from burning to death than died in Hiroshima (80,000).
Which has nothing to do with the "Ministry of Truth's" sanitizing of the record. An object of the bombing was to cause shock and awe at the obliteration of an entire city. No comparison to Pearl Harbor.

Why is the actual content of the memo suppressed? If the motives were so noble, why the deception?
wojar wrote:
Huh? What about it?

Location hidden

#158234 Jun 5, 2013
Linktv org wrote:
<quoted text>
And I always thought Ireland was a Catholic country.
You do know that Ireland is an ISLAND and not a country, don't you?
The Republic of Ireland is a Catholic majority (84% Catholic) country whereas Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom and is 40.8% Catholic and 41.6% non-Catholic Christians.
It should be noted that Anglicans are NOT Protestants but Reformed Catholics.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Julia 1,522,208
Hello Chicago 2 hr JDogs The Name 1
News Ultra Foods in Crestwood offers array of prepar... (Jun '12) 3 hr Bryce 31
Scary Obituary 4 hr Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiii... 12
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr Rose of Tralee 105,132
News Chicago Restaurants Rally Against Trump Immigra... 9 hr Truth 8
I think she is pissed. From a few years ago. 9 hr SENIORS READ-THIS 6

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance