BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 243234 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#158200 Jun 5, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't give a damn what Bush thinks or says!
Finally smartened up?
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#158202 Jun 5, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you think you've been sitting on your brain long enough? Get up, give it a break, let it limber up a bit, it's comatose. And you admit having dragged your carcass abroad? What were whoever was accompanying you thinking?
I believe you said you visited Japan. How many Japanese committed hara-kiri after crossing your path?
Old and repetitive. Not to mention lame but I do understand it's the best you've got, Ms. Grammarian! LMAO!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#158208 Jun 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Rogue : "But I do support humanitarian efforts in Turkey and Jordan for refugees."
Bet the refugees are relieved.
Well, should Turkey and Jordan stop the refugees at their borders and allow them to die of hunger and thirst?

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

United States

#158209 Jun 5, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Still don't get it, do you? The bombing of the King David Hotel in Palestine and Transjordan was a legit military target and you have no idea why it was!!
<quoted text>
Now go to the link and you will notice they did not blow up the whole hotel but just the .... southern wing! Why just the southern wing?!?
The hotel was a legitimate MILITARY target! Blowing up a school full of children is not!!!
But you still will never get it because you are a Libtard!
"91 people were killed, most of them being staff of the hotel or Secretariat: 21 were first-rank government officials; 49 were second-rank clerks, typists and messengers, junior members of the Secretariat, employees of the hotel and canteen workers; 13 were soldiers; 3 policemen; and 5 were members of the public."

Non-military people and hotel employees are legitimate targets?

That's as stupid as saying the entire city of Hiroshima was a "legitimate" military target for the "Little Boy".

Sorry I don't have the citation as it was written, in a book I read in 1970 while taking a course on the history and physics of the nuclear age, but Henry L. Stimson stated in a memo to President Truman that Hiroshima would be a great target in part because of all the residential civilian dwellings made of wood that would burn. Shock and awe! Thousands of women and children burning.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>So if a terrorist is also a kindergarten teacher bombing the school and killing all the children is OK because the terrorist is a "legitimate" target?

Location hidden

#158210 Jun 5, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Finally smartened up?
You do know that a lot of Conservatives were not all that happy with Bush's fiscal policies, don't you? And I was never for "nation building" in these Muslims countries as it will never work.
In both Iraq and Afghanistan we should have kicky azz, take names and leave.
Linktv org

Edison, NJ

#158211 Jun 5, 2013
WILDLAND FIRE MANAGEMENT
THOMAS TIDWELL / CHIEF, USDA FOREST SERVICE
BEFORE THE COMMITTEE ON ENERGY AND NATURAL RESOURCES
U.S. SENATE / June 4, 2013 /
Chairman Wyden, Ranking Member Murkowski, and members of the Committee, thank you for the opportunity to appear before you today to provide the status of the U.S. Forest Service’s wildland fire management program.
Around the world, the last two decades have seen fires that are extraordinary in their size, intensity and impacts. In Australia in 2009, the Black Saturday Bushfires killed 170 people. Domestically, Florida, Georgia, Utah, California, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico and Colorado, have all experienced the largest and/or the most destructive fires in their history just in the last six years. On average wildfires burn twice as many acres each year as compared to 40 years ago, and there are on average seven times as many fires over 10,000 acres per year.(Climate Central, 2012)
In 2012 over 9.3 million acres burned in the United States. The fires of 2012 were massive in size, with 51 fires exceeding 40,000 acres. Of these large fires, 14 exceeded 100,000 acres (NICC 2012). The increase in large fires in the west coincides with an increase in temperatures and early snow melt in recent years. This means longer fire seasons. The length of the fire season has increased by over two months since the 1970s (Westerling, 2006).
http://www.energy.senate.gov/public/index.cfm...

Location hidden

#158213 Jun 5, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was comparing the problems in Northern Ireland to Islamofascists like al Qaeda. How many planes have the IRA crashed into buildings?
As far as terrorist groups go, if al Qaeda is a bad to the bone 10, the IRA was a 3. But terrorism is not good and we should seek peaceful means to conflicts.
Linktv org wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =kaO4XeHhwo8XX
But the Protestants of Northern Ireland are ... Irish! The problem is they hate Catholics and repress them.
The Orange marching through predominantly Catholic neighborhoods would be like the KKK marching through the ghettoes! Someone will start throwing rocks or worse!
Linktv org

Edison, NJ

#158214 Jun 5, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was comparing the problems in Northern Ireland to Islamofascists like al Qaeda. How many planes have the IRA crashed into buildings?
As far as terrorist groups go, if al Qaeda is a bad to the bone 10, the IRA was a 3. But terrorism is not good and we should seek peaceful means to conflicts.
<quoted text>
But the Protestants of Northern Ireland are ... Irish! The problem is they hate Catholics and repress them.
The Orange marching through predominantly Catholic neighborhoods would be like the KKK marching through the ghettoes! Someone will start throwing rocks or worse!
OK, I understand.

You did not listen to my video.

United States

#158215 Jun 5, 2013
At the suggestion of Dr.[James] Conant, the Secretary agreed that the most desirable target would be a vital war plant employing a large number of workers and closely surrounded by workers’ houses.”(emphasis added)[16]

http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2012/08/hiro-...

United States

#158216 Jun 5, 2013
Despite the reference to not concentrating on a civilian area, the committee explicitly rejected the use of the bomb first on a purely military or uninhabited region, as some of the scientists who had worked with the panel recommended. [17]
Linktv org

Edison, NJ

#158217 Jun 5, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>

Jeb Bush vs Hillary Clinton.
Linktv org

Edison, NJ

#158218 Jun 5, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
And I always thought Ireland was a Catholic country.

United States

#158219 Jun 5, 2013
The city as a whole was highly susceptible to fire damage.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_did_the_US_choo...

"On the military nature of the bombing: It is doubtful that the bomb dropped on Hiroshima was intended for any of the military bases. The bomb was dropped in the center of the city, miles from either the army or navy base. Given that the destructive capability of the bomb was not fully known, it is doubtful that the air force would have targeted the center of town if the bases were the intended targets. But few historians have ever argued that the bombing of Hiroshima was intended as a strategic, tactical strike on a particular target."
http://lists.village.virginia.edu/lists_archi...

United States

#158220 Jun 5, 2013
On other occasions, Truman claimed that Hiroshima was bombed because it was an industrial center. But, as noted in the U.S. Strategic Bombing Survey, "all major factories in Hiroshima were on the periphery of the city – and escaped serious damage."90 The target was the center of the city. That Truman realized the kind of victims the bombs consumed is evident from his comment to his cabinet on August 10, explaining his reluctance to drop a third bomb: "The thought of wiping out another 100,000 people was too horrible," he said; he didn't like the idea of killing "all those kids."91 Wiping out another one hundred thousand people ... all those kids.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/raico/raico22.html

Location hidden

#158221 Jun 5, 2013
Linktv org wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I understand.
You did not listen to my video.
I've heard it before!
Linktv org

Edison, NJ

#158223 Jun 5, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've heard it before!
What song is it?

Location hidden

#158224 Jun 5, 2013
wojar wrote:
The city as a whole was highly susceptible to fire damage.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_did_the_US_choo...
"On the military nature of the bombing: It is doubtful that the bomb dropped on Hiroshima was intended for any of the military bases. The bomb was dropped in the center of the city, miles from either the army or navy base. Given that the destructive capability of the bomb was not fully known, it is doubtful that the air force would have targeted the center of town if the bases were the intended targets. But few historians have ever argued that the bombing of Hiroshima was intended as a strategic, tactical strike on a particular target."
http://lists.village.virginia.edu/lists_archi...
The dropping of the two bombs gave the Japanese a way to save face and surrender. They knew the war was lost and they were very worried about the Soviets occupying their country.
By dropping those two bombs the Japanese politicians could explain to their people that they had no way to counter these weapons. There were two agreements. One was that the Emperor could remain and the other, which was kept secret, was that the only the Americans could occupy their country.
And when we think about how the Soviets occupied Eastern Europe and kept those people as slaves, that was a wise decision.
Under the Hague Conventions of 1898 and 1907 a country that was illegally attack could occupy the offending country INDEFINITELY. In other words, we did not have to allow Japan, Germany or Italy to ever own their own country ever again. And Israel never has to let go of Palestine, Gaza or the Golan Heights as the Arabs were the aggressors.

United States

#158225 Jun 5, 2013
But what really kills me is the fact that the record of Stimson's comment to Truman, that thousands of Hiroshima homes (and people) would be burned by an atomic bomb dropped over the city center, is not anywhere to be found today. I READ (a copy of the text of the memo) MEMO 43 YEARS AGO from a respected source. That's called whitewashing.

I recall when I was on a flight to Europe in 1973 to study at a European university for a few months, that a person was sitting behind me talking about the reasons for bombing Hiroshima. I mentioned the Stimson memo, Dead Silence. Where the F is that memo today?

United States

#158226 Jun 5, 2013
The memo specifically noted that thousands of houses would burn, and thousand sand thousands of civilians would DIE.

The USSR was noted for it's ability to change history by suppressing information and rewriting history.

What about Stimson's comments to Truman about the advantages of burning Hiroshima civilians alive?

Huh? What about it?
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#158227 Jun 5, 2013
wojar wrote:
The memo specifically noted that thousands of houses would burn, and thousand sand thousands of civilians would DIE.
The USSR was noted for it's ability to change history by suppressing information and rewriting history.
What about Stimson's comments to Truman about the advantages of burning Hiroshima civilians alive?
Huh? What about it?
Guess it was a really bad idea to plan a surprise attack on Pearl Harbor, no?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min sonicfilter 1,682,366
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 38 min Sublime1 105,415
Trump is A 1 hr Rose of Tralee 365
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr RACE 11,751
Phantom of the Oprah. 2 hr Rose of Tralee 19
Peace Corps in Africa, TRUMP is Correct! 2 hr Rose of Tralee 4
george cardenas tucker 2 hr Rose of Tralee 6

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance