BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#157909 Jun 2, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
Poppo has been eerily silent lately. I wonder if it has anything to do with all the tit-for-tat scandals and Washington intrigue that have broken headlines as of late.
I was watching an in-depth BBC documentary on the computer about Syria last night. I was not aware that president Bashar al-Assad's wife is a Sunni Muslim. He being an Alawite I did know about
And what the hay was John McCain doing over there carousing with terrorsists recently? Has that man lost his mind?
I wonder if his visit was sanctioned by the Obama administration.
Poppo has not need to hide out. He tells it like it is, no matter Dem or Repub or whatever.

As to Hassad's wife, I thought she was British-Anglican born.

John McCain was probably asked to go by Obama. Why not? Do you prefer the US stay in the dark?

Ottawa

#157910 Jun 2, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care what they say the F-14 was never used in the Vietnam WAR. The United States had withdrawn from Vietnam by September 1973 and was forbidden by an act of Congress to engage in any combat activity in SEA.
Just because there were some F-14s flying off the coast of S. Vietnam does not mean they partook in any combat actions. And YOU can not prove they fired one round or shot one missile or dropped one bomb in Vietnam!
You are like Bill Clinton trying to define what the definition if "is" is!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =j4XT-l-_3y0XX
What is it you don't understand about "in combat"? Come again?

Where's my Sunoco proof? You did say you addressed it. Please tell me how and when you did that.

Ottawa

#157911 Jun 2, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
I was in a truck stop,oh about ten years ago, and I was talking to another truck who had his woman with him and he suddenly said that he had flown [Huey] Cobras in Vietnam in ..... 1960. Now I did not want to make him look like an idiot in front of his woman but here is a brief history of Army aviation in S. Vietnam.
The very first two Army helicopter units that arrived in Vietnam was the 57th and the 8th Transportation Companies and they arrived in early 1962 and flew H-21s "Flying Bananas".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piasecki_H-21
The Huey did not prototype until 1960 and the very first Hueys, UH-1, arrived in S. Vietnam in .... 1964. The Huey Cobra, AH-1, did not prototype until 1965 and did not arrive in Vietnam until .... 1967!
So if would be impossible for anyone to have flown a Huey Cobra in 1960!!!
Could I care more...or less?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#157912 Jun 2, 2013
Teabagger Alert wrote:
<quoted text>
Cuckoo!! Cuckoo!!!
u are the dodo bird ...
Soon to be "extinct" ...
``````````

VATTEL - "The Law of Nations"
Vattel’s Influence on the term
a Natural Born Citizen

What is a natural born citizen? Where did the framers come up with this term? Where was it used before? So many questions, and the answers are right there if anyone wishes to search out the truth.

The term Natural born Citizen appears in our Constitution, in Article 1, Section 2, with these words,

“No person except a 'natural born' citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution,

shall be eligible to the office of President;
neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States.”

Before the Constitution the closest reference we have to Natural Born Citizen is from the legal treatise “the Law of Nations,” written by Emerich de Vattel in 1758. In book one chapter 19,

§ 212. Of the citizens and natives.

“The citizens are the members of the civil society; bound to this society by certain duties, and subject to its authority, they equally participate in its advantages. The natives, or natural-born citizens, are those born in the country, of

*parents who are citizens.*

As the society cannot exist and perpetuate itself otherwise than by the children of the citizens, those children naturally follow the condition of their fathers, and succeed to all their rights. The society is supposed to desire this, in consequence of what it owes to its own preservation; and it is presumed, as matter of course, that each citizen, on entering into society, reserves to his children the right of becoming members of it. The country of the fathers is therefore that of the children; and these become true citizens merely by their tacit consent. We shall soon see whether, on their coming to the years of discretion, they may renounce their right, and what they owe to the society in which they were born.

I say, that, in order to be of the country, it is necessary that a person be born of a father who is a citizen; for, if he is born there of a foreigner, it will be only the place of his birth, and not his country.”

http://birthers.org/USC/Vattel.html

***The U. S. Constitution, in Article I, authorized Congress to define and punish “Offences against the Law of Nations,” and the very first Congress passed the Alien Tort Act... entertain civil actions brought by an alien for a tort “committed in violation of the law of nations or a treaty of the United States.”

The law of nations, Chief Justice Marshall famously said in 1815, is part of the law of our land. <<--<<< Decisions of the courts of other countries, Marshall explained, show how the 'law of nations 'is understood elsewhere, and will be considered in determining the rule which is to prevail here. Those decisions, he clarified, while not binding authority for U. S. courts, merit respectful attention for their potential persuasive value.

... the U. S. Supreme Court reaffirmed that
“[i]nternational law is part of our law and must be ascertained and administered by [our] courts of justice ... resort must be had to the customs and usages of civilized nations, and, as evidence of these, to the works of jurists and commentators, who by years of labor, research and experience, have made themselves peculiarly well acquainted with the subject of which they treat.”

Those works today, include the writings of many in this audience.

http://www.supremecourt.gov/publicinfo/speech...

Article I
Section 8
Clause 10: To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offences against the >>> Law of Nations; <<<

http://constitutionus.com/

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#157914 Jun 2, 2013
Prior to 1962 the military services had different methods of identifying their aircraft. For instance an Air Force B-66 was, more or less, the same as a Navy A3D. In 1962 Congress passed a bill that fixed that problem.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_A-3_Skyw...
What would become the Huey was, in the Army, a HU-1, and someone took that named it "Huey". In 1962 HU-1 became a UH-1 and the official Army name for the UH-1's was Iroquois but the namer of the Huey was Bell so he put "Bell" on the left pedals and "Huey" on the right ones.

Location hidden

#157915 Jun 2, 2013
No, now hate on the left. I wonder if Bill Clinton visits veterans hospitals or has some vets over for a barbeque?

[Bill] Maher: Bush Biking With Iraq Vets Is Like Ohio Kidnapper Throwing Victims ‘A Pizza Party’

Read more: http://conservativevideos.com/2013/06/maher-b...

Location hidden

#157917 Jun 2, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Read, from you favourite news source : Yahoo. Strange, nary a mention of kicking out illegal aliens :
Alabama unemployment drops to 6.9 percent
Alabama unemployment drops to 6.9 percent; gov calls it sign of restored faith in job market
Associated Press By Phillip Rawls, Associated Press | Associated Press – Fri, May 17, 2013..
MONTGOMERY, Ala.(AP)-- Alabama's unemployment rate dipped to 6.9 percent in April as more people found restored faith in the job market and started looking for work again, state officials said Friday.
Gov. Robert Bentley said the preliminary April rate is below the 7.2 percent recorded in March and the 7.4 percent measured a year ago. All Alabama counties saw their unemployment rates drop in April, state Labor Commissioner Tom Surtees said.
The last time Alabama had an unemployment rate this low was in January. After that, the rate inched up and then began declining again.
Bentley said the state saw positive signs in April with the civilian labor force increasing by more than 13,000 workers from March to 2.18 million. Bentley said that showed more people are regaining confidence in the job market and starting to look for work. The number of working Alabamians grew by more than 17,800 to 2.03 million, and the number of unemployed dropped by about 4,500 to 150,503.
The biggest job gains were 7,100 in leisure and hospitality with the approach of the summer tourist season and 2,200 in construction. Government jobs declined slightly, mostly in education.
Bentley told chamber of commerce executives from across the state on Wednesday that his administration has announced more than 40,000 jobs from new and expanding industries since January 2011, and he expects to keep seeing a decline in the unemployment rate as those industries open.
Counties with the lowest unemployment rates in April were Shelby at 4.0 percent, Lee at 4.9 percent and Blount at 5.0 percent. The counties with the highest rates were Wilcox at 14.8 percent, Perry at 11.7 percent and Dallas at 11.4 percent.
Figures compiled by the Department of Labor showed the counties with the highest rates tended to be in the southern two-thirds of the state. Only one county north of Jefferson County had a rate exceeding 7.7 percent, which was Winston County at 8.0 percent.
Oh wow, ONE county was above the National Average!

Location hidden

#157918 Jun 2, 2013
Forum wrote:
Psalm 111
Beatus vir qui timet Dominum:
in mandatis ejus volet nimis.
Blessed is the man that feareth
the Lord: he shall delight
exceedingly in His commandments.
<quoted text>
Explain, please, why a devout Christian should fear the Lord who is supposedly his loving and ever-forgiving father. Did you fear your parents? Should I have feared mine? What is this fear of the Lord thing?
Why don't you ask the guy who wrote Psalm 111?

Location hidden

#157919 Jun 2, 2013
PS : US nuclear subs continuously patrol Russia's shores. Rightly so, I suppose. Why should they not patrol the West's? Rightly so, I suppose.
And why are you worried about those subs? Isn't Russian Pravda your and American Pravda Lady's approved source for news after Wnd.com . and Foxnews.com ?
Pist, the United States is in the NORTHERN Hemisphere while the Russian Navy will be patrolling the SOUTHERN seas (Atlantic and Pacific)!
What if Russia starts sinking oil tankers going around South Africa and southern South America? Who will stop them?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#157920 Jun 2, 2013
Proverbs 1:7 (KJV)
7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

you FAIL ...
just liKe the FAILURE-in chief ...
BUT ...
make a GREAT fool ...

:)

Ottawa

#157921 Jun 2, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh wow, ONE county was above the National Average!
Liars and fabricators, not to mention haters, will always change the subject when caught red-handed. You're no exception now are you?

You stated that Alabama unemployment decrease was due to driving out illegal aliens. That is not the reason, you invented it, like the Sunoco thing and the F-14 NOT seeing combat. God, it must suck to be you.

Ottawa

#157922 Jun 2, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Forum wrote:
Psalm 111
Beatus vir qui timet Dominum:
in mandatis ejus volet nimis.
Blessed is the man that feareth
the Lord: he shall delight
exceedingly in His commandments.
<quoted text>
Why don't you ask the guy who wrote Psalm 111?
No one knows who wrote Psalm 111. Bet this is news to you, Rogue. But you believe it even though you don't know its author who supposedly got revelation from God himself. You believe an unknown anonymous nut ball who says he spoke to God? What's the matter with you? But relax, Rogue, and say hi to Santa when he comes down your chimney. He's a hell of a lot more believable than your no-author psalm. At least Santa has an author : Coca Cola.

Ottawa

#157923 Jun 2, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pist, the United States is in the NORTHERN Hemisphere while the Russian Navy will be patrolling the SOUTHERN seas (Atlantic and Pacific)!
What if Russia starts sinking oil tankers going around South Africa and southern South America? Who will stop them?
Are you finished with your idiocies? Incidentally, please tell me, tell us all when the USSR or Russia attacked the US or Western Europe or Asia or Africa.

Location hidden

#157924 Jun 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Are you finished with your idiocies? Incidentally, please tell me, tell us all when the USSR or Russia attacked the US or Western Europe or Asia or Africa.
During the Korean War. Most MiG 15 pilots were "Honchos" (Russian pilots). But since they only flew over territory controlled by the Chinese, when they were shot down, they were not captured by us.
Yes, the Russians made sure that their pilots were never captured!
Same thing in North Vietnam.
Now you will probably claim I listed a source or that Soviet pilots flew COMBAT misison during the Korean War!!!

MiG Alley
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"MiG Alley" is the name given by U.S. Air Force pilots to the northwestern portion of North Korea, where the Yalu River empties into the Yellow Sea. During the Korean War, it was the site of numerous dogfights between U.S. fighter jets and those of the Communist forces, particularly the Soviet Union, which was confirmed after the fall of the Soviet Union. The North American F-86 Sabre and the Soviet-built Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15 were the aircraft used throughout most of the conflict, with the area's nickname derived from the latter. Because it was the site of the first large-scale jet-vs-jet air battles, MiG Alley is considered the birthplace of jet fighter combat.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MiG_Alley

Location hidden

#157925 Jun 2, 2013
The Navy PB4Y Privateers were Navy versions of the USAAF's B-24 Liberator bomber. Please note this shoot down was over international waters and two months before the start of the Korean War!
Also, please note my LINK!
Rogue

April 8th, 1950 A US Navy PB4Y-2 Privateer was shot down by 23mm cannon fire from a pair of Soviet Lavochkin La-11 fighters over the Baltic Sea near what is now Latvia. The ten man crew was presumed dead and has not been found. In 1993 retired Soviet General Fyodor Shinkarenko stated that he believed the wreckage was secretly salvaged and sent to Moscow.
http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv...

Location hidden

#157926 Jun 2, 2013
All roads lead to Obama!

Republican lawmaker says IRS targeting likely led by Washington By Patrick Temple-West | Reuters –

By Patrick Temple-West
WASHINGTON (Reuters)- A Republican U.S. congressman investigating the Internal Revenue Service's scrutiny of conservative groups said on Sunday the targeting was likely directed from Washington, a claim quickly rejected by a top Congressional Democrat involved in the probe.
In a move that could jeopardize the bipartisan co-operation that so far has characterized Congress's IRS investigations, Darrell Issa, the Republican chairman of the House of Representatives Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, said on CNN that interviews his staff conducted last week with Cincinnati IRS employees indicate these employees were being "directly ordered" from Washington to target Tea Party groups.
The Oversight Committee Republicans posted online on Sunday excerpts from interview transcripts of two Cincinnati IRS employees, one man and one woman, who talked to Democratic and Republican staffers in Washington, committee aides told Reuters. The individuals' names are being withheld to protect their identities, they said.
http://music.yahoo.com/news/republican-lawmak...

Location hidden

#157927 Jun 2, 2013
Hummm, Presidential CANDIDATE Barack Obama met in private with AFGE (part of AAFL-CIO) president John Gage just before the IRS started to look into look into Conservative groups so it looks like this started while Bush was president but under the direction of UNION thugs.
Hummm, the layers of the onion are slowly being b]pulled back!!! We should have know that union thugs were involved!

Location hidden

#157928 Jun 2, 2013
You see, what did I tell you. The union thugs, acting for Obama, do a smear campaign against Bush. There is NO evidence that Bush, or any of his people, ordered the IRS to investigate anyone.
But the Union orders it's people, who work for the IRS, to investigate the NAACP so they can blame .... BUSH!
And that is why they can claim it is okay for Obama to us the IRS because bush did!!!
And this is another reason why the government should not allow UNIONS to represent federal workers!!! Federal workers work for the federal government and not the unions!!!
Oh, Karl Rove did not melt down. They just want you to think that. Just look at the source!!!
Rogue

Karl Rove Melts Down When Confronted With Evidence of Bush IRS Investigation By: Jason Easley Jun. 2nd, 2013

When David Plouffe confronted Karl Rove with evidence that his Bush administration used the IRS to investigate the NAACP, Rove melted down and stammered baloney.
http://www.politicususa.com/karl-rove-turns-s...

Location hidden

#157929 Jun 2, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Hummm, Presidential CANDIDATE Barack Obama met in private with AFGE (part of AAFL-CIO) president John Gage just before the IRS started to look into look into Conservative groups so it looks like this started while Bush was president but under the direction of UNION thugs.
Hummm, the layers of the onion are slowly being pulled back!!! We should have know that union thugs were involved!
Oh goody, more peanutz from the peanut gallery. I must have struck someone's nerve!!!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#157930 Jun 2, 2013
Teabagger Alert wrote:
<quoted text>
Cuckoo!! Cuckoo!!!
Vattel defines IT!
Book I
Chapter XIX[19]
Section § 212. Citizens and natives.
The citizens are the members of the civil society; bound to this society by certain duties, and subject to its authority, they equally participate in its advantages.

The natives, or natural-born citizens, are those born in the country, of parents who are citizens.

As the society cannot exist and perpetuate itself otherwise than by the children of the citizens, those children naturally follow the condition of their fathers, and succeed to all their rights.

The society is supposed to desire this, in consequence of what it owes to its own preservation; and it is presumed, as matter of course, that each citizen, on entering into society, reserves to his children the right of becoming members of it.

The country of the fathers is therefore that of the children; and these become true citizens merely by their tacit consent. We shall soon see whether, on their coming to the years of discretion, they may renounce their right, and what they owe to the society in which they were born.

I[Vattel] say[s], that, in order to be of the country, it is necessary that a person be born of a father who is a citizen;

for, if he is born there of a foreigner, it will be only the place of his birth, and not his country.

http://constitution.org/vattel/vattel_01.htm

As 'defined' in The US Constitution Art I Section 8 Clause 10
10: To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offenc(s)es against the

>> [Vattels] Law of Nations; <<
http://constitutionus.com/

The[Vattel's] law of nations, Chief Justice Marshall famously said in 1815, is part of the law of our land.

The U. S. Constitution, in Article I, authorized Congress to define and punish “Offences against the Law of Nations,” and the very first Congress passed the Alien Tort Act, which empowers federal courts to entertain civil actions brought by an alien for a tort “committed in violation of the law of nations or a treaty of the United States.”

Decisions of the courts of other countries, Marshall explained, show how the law of nations is understood elsewhere, and will be considered in determining the rule which is to prevail here. Those decisions, he clarified, while not binding authority for U. S. courts, merit respectful attention for their potential persuasive value.
http://www.supremecourt.gov/publicinfo/speech...

Article 2, Section 1, Clause 5
Document 2
Joseph Story, Commentaries on the Constitution 3:§§ 1472--73
http://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/founders/docum...

S~I~M~P~L~E ... Really ...

Two American Citizens make a Natural Born citizen

American - Mother
American - Father ...

0's father IS Kenyan ... NOT American!

Same as Ted Cruz ...
Father is Cuban ...
He was NOT "naturalized" before Ted was born!

Had he been, Ted would BE a "NATURAL born" citizen!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Grey Ghost 1,124,620
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min Who 47,477
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 23 min Sublime1 98,495
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 25 min Hatti_Hollerand 649
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 26 min Boy G 50,583
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 34 min TRD 68,635
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 58 min Frijoles 69,959
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]