BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 207451 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#157516 May 30, 2013
IAVA org wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a Liberal Progressive who is opposite of Obama/Clinton.
Our Military, Our Police, Our Firefighters, Our Medicare, Our Social Security, all are Liberal Progressive programs that work well.
The Bush/Cheney tax cuts for the wealthy was shameful and disgraceful in a time of two wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
----------
The Evils of Unregulated Capitalism / by Joseph Stiglitz
July 10, 2011 / http://tinyurl.com/6fygnsg
Just a few years ago, a powerful ideology - the belief in free and unfettered markets - brought the world to the brink of ruin. Even in its hey-day, from the early 1980s until 2007, US-style deregulated capitalism brought greater material well-being only to the very richest in the richest country of the world.
Indeed, over the course of this ideology's 30-year ascendance, most Americans saw their incomes decline or stagnate year after year.
Moreover, output growth in the United States was not economically sustainable. With so much of US national income going to so few, growth could continue only through consumption financed by a mounting pile of debt.
I was among those who hoped that, somehow, the financial crisis would teach Americans (and others) a lesson about the need for greater equality, stronger regulation, and a better balance between the market and government.
Alas, that has not been the case.
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2011/07/10-5
========
'The American Dream Has Become a Myth'
The finance industry is to blame for the growing divide between the rich and poor in the United States, says Nobel Prize-winning economics professor Joseph Stiglitz. In an interview with SPIEGEL, he accuses the industry of preying on the poor and buying government policies that help them get richer.
10/02/2012 / http://tinyurl.com/8pfcpyf
http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/ine...
========
EXCLUSIVE–The Three Trillion Dollar War: Nobel Laureate Joseph Stiglitz and Harvard Economist Linda Bilmes on the True Cost of the US Invasion and Occupation of Iraq / February 29, 2008 / http://tinyurl.com/2on4jv
One week after President Bush rejected charges the war in Iraq has hurt the US economy, a new book puts a conservative estimate of the war’s cost at $3 trillion so far. In their first national broadcast interview upon their book’s publication, Nobel laureate and former chief World Bank economist, Joseph Stiglitz, and co-author Linda Bilmes of Harvard University say the Bush administration has repeatedly low-balled the cost of the war—and even kept a second set of records hidden from the American public
http://www.democracynow.org/2008/2/29/exclusi...
Wonderful moniker, Irene! Tax cuts were shameful and disgraceful? Nah, what's really shameful and disgraceful are the lazy azz people who refuse to work and pay their share. That's disgraceful! And, if you don't like Capitalism then you need to find another country. You really don't think we're going to change our ways for you, do you? LMAO!!! tube flooter
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#157517 May 30, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry loser, "subject to the jurisdiction of the United States" does not mean "same rights and responsibilities."

Grow a brain.
But Wojar. You posted facts and law yesterday Can't you come up with some wild new "theory" (fable) to counter Dufus's daily spamming of play law?
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#157518 May 30, 2013
Impeachment looms! LMAO!!!
IAVA org

Sayville, NY

#157519 May 30, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonderful moniker, Irene! Tax cuts were shameful and disgraceful? Nah, what's really shameful and disgraceful are the lazy azz people who refuse to work and pay their share. That's disgraceful! And, if you don't like Capitalism then you need to find another country. You really don't think we're going to change our ways for you, do you? LMAO!!! tube flooter
Stop blaming indigent Americans.

Your mind has been totally polluted by Corrupt Corporate Rightwing Propaganda.

Propaganda is to democracy what violence is to dictatorship.

Ignorant masses who have to be marginalized for their own good.

You seem to be a Frank Luntz believer.

Svengali Luntz changed the wording from Estate Tax to Death Tax so people like yourself will endorse it.

It only applies to Millionaires and Billionaires.

==========

Under Bush, a New Age of Prepackaged TV News
March 13, 2005 / http://tinyurl.com/ko7ap
It is the kind of TV news coverage every president covets.
"Thank you, Bush. Thank you, U.S.A.," a jubilant Iraqi-American told a camera crew in Kansas City for a segment about reaction to the fall of Baghdad. A second report told of "another success" in the Bush administration's "drive to strengthen aviation security"; the reporter called it "one of the most remarkable campaigns in aviation history." A third segment, broadcast in January, described the administration's determination to open markets for American farmers.

To a viewer, each report looked like any other 90-second segment on the local news. In fact, the federal government produced all three. The report from Kansas City was made by the State Department. The "reporter" covering airport safety was actually a public relations professional working under a false name for the Transportation Security Administration. The farming segment was done by the Agriculture Department's office of communications.

Under the Bush administration, the federal government has aggressively used a well-established tool of public relations: the prepackaged, ready-to-serve news report that major corporations have long distributed to TV stations to pitch everything from headache remedies to auto insurance. In all, at least 20 federal agencies, including the Defense Department and the Census Bureau, have made and distributed hundreds of television news segments in the past four years, records and interviews show. Many were subsequently broadcast on local stations across the country without any acknowledgement of the government's role in their production.
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/13/politics/13...

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#157520 May 30, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
I don't know what the problem is? The new dam and reservoir will be only thirty odd miles upstream of a reservoir in Sudan. It will provide much needed electric power and water for irrigation during the dry spells. The Ethiopians will have food and power. Is that bad?
And the head waters of the Blue Nile start in Ethiopia. It's THEIR water. I wish they would just shut the f-up!
Rogue
Ethiopia diverts Nile for huge $4.7 bln hydro dam
By Aaron Maasho | Reuters – 17 hrs ago
http://news.yahoo.com/ethiopia-diverts-nile-h ...
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
"I don't know what the problem is", you write. Neither do I. And neither do many experts on the matter. You just shrug it off, wondering what the Sudan and Egypt are worrying about, both countries being tributaries, extremely important and crucial ones by the way. Are you some kind of expert on the repercussions of that project? You already know what the consequences will be on the flow of the Nile? I don't. Most people don't but somehow YOU do.
But I'm impressed with your "scientific" treatise, to wit " I wish they would just shut the f-up! " Mr African and water expert has spoken.
Well, did you know that Alabama and Florida sued Georgia over the water that flows down the water Chattahoochee and Flint Rivers? Both originate in Georgia and much of the water is diverted to meet Atlanta's needs. In addition Atlanta had a combined storm and sewage system and every time they had heavy rains, sewage would overflow and head on down the Chattahoochee to GA and FL.
But all three of those states are part of the United States and the EPA got involved after, and only after, GA and FL complained.
Now, do you know where the WHITE Nile originates from? And let's not make a racial issue of it was both the Blue and White Niles got their names a long time ago and probably are translations from the local language!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#157521 May 30, 2013
IAVA org

Sayville, NY

#157522 May 30, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonderful moniker, Irene! Tax cuts were shameful and disgraceful? Nah, what's really shameful and disgraceful are the lazy azz people who refuse to work and pay their share. That's disgraceful! And, if you don't like Capitalism then you need to find another country. You really don't think we're going to change our ways for you, do you? LMAO!!! tube flooter
Leo Strauss' Philosophy of Deception
http://tinyurl.com/5tjkx May 19, 2003
Many neoconservatives like Paul Wolfowitz are disciples of a philosopher who believed that the elite should use deception, religious fervor and perpetual war to control the ignorant masses.
What would you do if you wanted to topple Saddam Hussein, but your intelligence agencies couldn't find the evidence to justify a war?
A follower of Leo Strauss may just hire the "right" kind of men to get the job done – people with the intellect, acuity, and, if necessary, the political commitment, polemical skills, and, above all, the imagination to find the evidence that career intelligence officers could not detect.
The "right" man for Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz, suggests Seymour Hersh in his recent New Yorker article entitled 'Selective Intelligence,' was Abram Shulsky, director of the Office of Special Plans (OSP)– an agency created specifically to find the evidence of WMDs and/or links with Al Qaeda, piece it together, and clinch the case for the invasion of Iraq.
Like Wolfowitz, Shulsky is a student of an obscure German Jewish political philosopher named Leo Strauss who arrived in the United States in 1938. Strauss taught at several major universities, including Wolfowitz and Shulsky's alma mater, the University of Chicago, before his death in 1973.
http://www.alternet.org/story/15935

==========

Noble lies and perpetual war: Leo Strauss, the neo-cons, and Iraq
http://tinyurl.com/25bxx 10/18/03
Are the ideas of the conservative political philosopher Leo Strauss a shaping influence on the Bush administration’s world outlook? Danny Postel interviews Shadia Drury – a leading scholarly critic of Strauss – and asks her about the connection between Plato’s dialogues, secrets and lies, and the United States-led war in Iraq.
Danny Postel: The neo-conservative vision is commonly taken to be about spreading democracy and liberal values globally. And when Strauss is mentioned in the press, he is typically described as a great defender of liberal democracy against totalitarian tyranny. You’ve written, however, that Strauss had a “profound antipathy to both liberalism and democracy.”
Shadia Drury: The idea that Strauss was a great defender of liberal democracy is laughable. I suppose that Strauss’s disciples consider it a noble lie. Yet many in the media have been gullible enough to believe it.
How could an admirer of Plato and Nietzsche be a liberal democrat? The ancient philosophers whom Strauss most cherished believed that the unwashed masses were not fit for either truth or liberty, and that giving them these sublime treasures would be like throwing pearls before swine. In contrast to modern political thinkers, the ancients denied that there is any natural right to liberty. Human beings are born neither free nor equal. The natural human condition, they held, is not one of freedom, but of subordination – and in Strauss’s estimation they were right in thinking so.
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...
IAVA org

Sayville, NY

#157523 May 30, 2013
Gotta Go.

Got Another Party.

lol
we got duped

United States

#157524 May 30, 2013
This whole Obama administration is a lie. People might end up in jail for perjury.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#157525 May 30, 2013
When I lived in Jonesboro, GA I had Reeves Creek in my backyard. Both the Flint River and Reeves Creek originated from the Atlanta airport area.
The Flint River flowed into the Gulf of Mexico whereas the waters from Reeves Creek ended up flowing into the Atlantic Ocean near Savannah.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#157526 May 30, 2013
I always liked my backyards next to a wildlife preserve and in Jonesboro the back of my property back up against Reeves Creek. There was a sewage manhole in the far corner of my lot and about every six months the sewage pump station about 100 yards down stream would go out usually because of a thunderstorm.
The next day I would have sewage in the back corner of my lot, the country would come out and sprinkle lime around and I could not let my dog out for about a week. But the worst part is that Reeves Creek flowed into the Clayton County Reservoir which was where I got my drinking water from!!!
Makes ya feel real good! I never told my wife that as she would freak out!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#157527 May 30, 2013
we got duped wrote:
This whole Obama administration is a lie. People might end up in jail for perjury.
Well, what did you expect from a progressive? Nixon was a progressive too!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#157528 May 30, 2013
IAVA org wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop blaming indigent Americans.
Your mind has been totally polluted by Corrupt Corporate Rightwing Propaganda.
Propaganda is to democracy what violence is to dictatorship.
Ignorant masses who have to be marginalized for their own good.
You seem to be a Frank Luntz believer.
Svengali Luntz changed the wording from Estate Tax to Death Tax so people like yourself will endorse it.
It only applies to Millionaires and Billionaires.
==========
Under Bush, a New Age of Prepackaged TV News
March 13, 2005 / http://tinyurl.com/ko7ap
It is the kind of TV news coverage every president covets.
"Thank you, Bush. Thank you, U.S.A.," a jubilant Iraqi-American told a camera crew in Kansas City for a segment about reaction to the fall of Baghdad. A second report told of "another success" in the Bush administration's "drive to strengthen aviation security"; the reporter called it "one of the most remarkable campaigns in aviation history." A third segment, broadcast in January, described the administration's determination to open markets for American farmers.
To a viewer, each report looked like any other 90-second segment on the local news. In fact, the federal government produced all three. The report from Kansas City was made by the State Department. The "reporter" covering airport safety was actually a public relations professional working under a false name for the Transportation Security Administration. The farming segment was done by the Agriculture Department's office of communications.
Under the Bush administration, the federal government has aggressively used a well-established tool of public relations: the prepackaged, ready-to-serve news report that major corporations have long distributed to TV stations to pitch everything from headache remedies to auto insurance. In all, at least 20 federal agencies, including the Defense Department and the Census Bureau, have made and distributed hundreds of television news segments in the past four years, records and interviews show. Many were subsequently broadcast on local stations across the country without any acknowledgement of the government's role in their production.
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/13/politics/13...
As if the Democrats are angels? I notice you never address anyone of our points, just slam Republicans so that makes you a sewage troll.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#157529 May 30, 2013
IAVA org wrote:
Gotta Go.
Got Another Party.
lol
Is your party under a manhole cover?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#157530 May 30, 2013
Make sure you look at the cartoon:
http://honestreporting.com/norwegian-paper-pu...

Norwegian Paper Publishes Anti-Semitic Cartoon
MAY 30, 2013: BY ALEX MARGOLIN

Circumcision has been hotly debated in Scandinavian countries in recent times, but this week, Norway’s third largest newspaper, Dagbladet, took the issue well beyond the boundaries of civil debate and straight into the realm of blatant anti-Semitism.

The cartoon Dagbladet published on Tuesday ostensibly depicts the circumcision of an infant, but the sinister-looking people carrying out the ritual are actually cutting off the baby’s toes and stabbing his head with a demonic-looking fork. On the right side of the cartoon, you see police arriving on the scene, but after being assured that the practice is simply an expression of religious belief, they leave.

“Mistreating? No this is tradition, an important part of our belief!” the woman is shown telling the policemen.“Belief? Oh yes, then it is all right,” the officer responds while the second policeman apologizes for the interference.

The men in the cartoon bear a striking resemblance to the hideous caricatures of Jews in classic anti-Semitic cartoons, right down to their black garb and beards. And they are holding books – ostensibly volumes of Torah – that are soaked in the blood of the screaming child.

Circumcision is depicted as a form of mutilation and torture, and the idea that there is a religious basis for the practice serves as the cartoon’s punch-line, as if there are “beliefs” that call for cutting a baby’s toes off with a bolt cutter.

“This is a despicable attack on Jews and a fundamental tradition of Jewish life,” said HonestReporting CEO Joe Hyams, who was attending the Global Forum for Combating Antisemitism when the cartoon was published.

“That this cartoon has been published as delegates meet from around the world in Jerusalem to coordinate the fight against anti-Semitism graphically illustrates the need to combat this pernicious Jew hatred.“

After complaints about the cartoon from the Jewish community in Norway, the cartoon’s artist, Tomas Drefvelin, wrote an email to MIFF, a Norwegian pro-Israel organization, denying the cartoon was anti-Semitic. It was meant, he wrote,“not as criticism of either a specific religion or a nation [but] as a general criticism of religions.”

“I gave the people in the picture hats, and the man a beard, because this gives them a more religious character,” he said.“Jew-hatred is reprehensible. I would never draw to create hatred of a people, or against individuals.”

While Drefvelin may not have intended to employ classic anti-Semitic tropes and caricatures, his cartoon now takes its place as the latest in a long line of fiendish depictions of Jews in black coats and hats carrying out outrageous and morally offensive acts designed to inspire reactions of disgust from the public.

Dr. Moshe Kantor, president of the European Jewish Congress, compared the cartoon to Nazi propaganda, which often exaggerated Jewish rituals to give them a demonic appearance.“This is a violent cartoon which is meant to inspire hate and contempt against one particular people,” he said.

You can register your outrage by writing directly to Dagbladet’s editor-in-chief John Arne Markussen at john.arne.markussen@dagbladet. no. While this cartoon has understandably generated a great deal of anger and hurt, we call upon our subscribers to make your complaints in a civil fashion and to make it clear exactly why the global Jewish community would find the cartoon so utterly offensive. Remember – a civil discourse is more likely to successfully make our point.
http://honestreporting.com/norwegian-paper-pu...
Nazrat

Jacksonville, FL

#157531 May 30, 2013
we got duped wrote:
This whole Obama administration is a lie. People might end up in jail for perjury.
But, but, but Republicans lie so we can two!
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#157532 May 30, 2013
IAVA org wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop blaming indigent Americans.
Your mind has been totally polluted by Corrupt Corporate Rightwing Propaganda.
Propaganda is to democracy what violence is to dictatorship.
Ignorant masses who have to be marginalized for their own good.
You seem to be a Frank Luntz believer.
Svengali Luntz changed the wording from Estate Tax to Death Tax so people like yourself will endorse it.
It only applies to Millionaires and Billionaires.
==========
Under Bush, a New Age of Prepackaged TV News
March 13, 2005 / http://tinyurl.com/ko7ap
It is the kind of TV news coverage every president covets.
"Thank you, Bush. Thank you, U.S.A.," a jubilant Iraqi-American told a camera crew in Kansas City for a segment about reaction to the fall of Baghdad. A second report told of "another success" in the Bush administration's "drive to strengthen aviation security"; the reporter called it "one of the most remarkable campaigns in aviation history." A third segment, broadcast in January, described the administration's determination to open markets for American farmers.
To a viewer, each report looked like any other 90-second segment on the local news. In fact, the federal government produced all three. The report from Kansas City was made by the State Department. The "reporter" covering airport safety was actually a public relations professional working under a false name for the Transportation Security Administration. The farming segment was done by the Agriculture Department's office of communications.
Under the Bush administration, the federal government has aggressively used a well-established tool of public relations: the prepackaged, ready-to-serve news report that major corporations have long distributed to TV stations to pitch everything from headache remedies to auto insurance. In all, at least 20 federal agencies, including the Defense Department and the Census Bureau, have made and distributed hundreds of television news segments in the past four years, records and interviews show. Many were subsequently broadcast on local stations across the country without any acknowledgement of the government's role in their production.
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/13/politics/13...
Stop blaming them? Why? They are one of the biggest problems this country has, thanks to the DIMs! You seem to be a dumbazzbastard. Leave if you're so unhappy here, PLEASE! tube flooter

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#157533 May 30, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
I don't know what the problem is? The new dam and reservoir will be only thirty odd miles upstream of a reservoir in Sudan. It will provide much needed electric power and water for irrigation during the dry spells. The Ethiopians will have food and power. Is that bad?
And the head waters of the Blue Nile start in Ethiopia. It's THEIR water. I wish they would just shut the f-up!
Rogue
Ethiopia diverts Nile for huge $4.7 bln hydro dam
By Aaron Maasho | Reuters – 17 hrs ago
http://news.yahoo.com/ethiopia-diverts-nile-h ...
<quoted text>
Well, did you know that Alabama and Florida sued Georgia over the water that flows down the water Chattahoochee and Flint Rivers? Both originate in Georgia and much of the water is diverted to meet Atlanta's needs. In addition Atlanta had a combined storm and sewage system and every time they had heavy rains, sewage would overflow and head on down the Chattahoochee to GA and FL.
But all three of those states are part of the United States and the EPA got involved after, and only after, GA and FL complained.
Now, do you know where the WHITE Nile originates from? And let's not make a racial issue of it was both the Blue and White Niles got their names a long time ago and probably are translations from the local language!
Again, comparing apples and oranges. Any comments on your very scientific remark, namely "I wish they would just shut the f-up!" Why did you not have the same comment for Alabama and Florida? No? Wonder why.

Yes, I know where both the White and the Blue Nile originate. I should be asking that question of you, not the other way around. And I did not have to google it!

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#157535 May 30, 2013
IAVA org wrote:
Gotta Go.
Got Another Party.
lol
Not the tea party I hope LMAO (LRS tm reg'd)

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#157536 May 30, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
As if the Democrats are angels? I notice you never address anyone of our points, just slam Republicans so that makes you a sewage troll.
As usual you can't be bothered reading past the title or the 2nd line. He's said many a time that both parties were equally guilty of every sin under the sun. Maybe he has more "stuff" on the Repubs due to their constant "holier than thou" posturing. They preach lean gov't, lower taxes, lower federal employment, and yet they have been responsible for most of the deficits and overemployment. But he does bash both.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 36 min Cheech the Conser... 1,346,385
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 44 min _Zoey_ 7,289
Purchasing power can influence elections. 51 min BUBBABribedME 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 51 min Russell797 57,219
Malignant Narcissist Arrogant Emperor 1 hr WhoBelievesMTPant... 3
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr PEllen 5,636
Gangs of migrants assault female swimmers & mas... 2 hr BACON on BULLETS 19
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages