BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#157124 May 27, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Dr. John Christy,
In a 2009 written testimony to the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee, he wrote: "From my analysis, the actions being considered to 'stop global warming' will have an imperceptible impact on whatever the climate will do, while making energy more expensive, and thus have a negative impact on the economy as a whole. We have found that climate models and popular surface temperature data sets overstate the changes in the real atmosphere and that actual changes are not alarming."
Can't face the FACTS that Dr. John Christy is a real Climatologist while Dr. James Hansen is a NOT!
Linktv org

Sayville, NY

#157125 May 27, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
The FACT is Obamacare is NOT Romneycare. And the fact is also Romneycare is not working too well for Massachusetts anymore than TennCare is working out for Tennessee!
Making rich people poor does not make poor people rich! It just makes everyone POORER.
Our Labor Participation Rate is at it lowest level than before Reagan was in the White House and there are about SEVEN MILLION FEWER AMERICANS EMPLOYED NOW THAN WHEN OBAMA ENTERED THE WHITE HOUSE!!!
The average American families NET income has dropped 15% of what is was when Bush left office. Again, you do not make poor people rich by making rich people poor!
Wealthy people will never become poor because they have the Congress working for them.

The over 70,000 pages in the Tax Code proves that.

Rogue does not benefit from the 70,000 pages, but AT&T and Exxon/Mobil does.

lol

Location hidden

#157126 May 27, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are the Climate Change denier! The Earth is cooling and you will not accept it as fact!. Dr. James Hansen is NOT any sort of a weather scientists. Can you tell me what his degree is in?
Now, how about Dr. John Christy?
John R. Christy is a climate scientist at the University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAH) whose chief interests are satellite remote sensing of global climate and global climate change. He is best known, jointly with Roy Spencer, for the first successful development of a satellite temperature record.
In a 2003 interview with National Public Radio about the 2003 American Geophysical Union (AGU) statement, he said he is "a strong critic of scientists who make catastrophic predictions of huge increases in global temperatures and tremendous rises in sea levels". He added, though, that "it is scientifically inconceivable that after changing forests into cities, turning millions of acres into irrigated farmland, putting massive quantities of soot and dust into the air, and putting extra greenhouse gases into the air, that the natural course of climate has not changed in some way."
In a 2009 interview with Fortune Magazine about signing the 2003 American Geophysical Union (AGU) statement, he said: "As far as the AGU, I thought that was a fine statement because it did not put forth a magnitude of the warming. We just said that human effects have a warming influence, and that's certainly true. There was nothing about disaster or catastrophe. In fact, I was very upset about the latest AGU statement [in 2007]. It was about alarmist as you can get."
In a 2007 editorial in the Wall Street Journal, he wrote: "I'm sure the majority (but not all) of my IPCC colleagues cringe when I say this, but I see neither the developing catastrophe nor the smoking gun proving that human activity is to blame for most of the warming we see."
In a 2007 ruling in a trial relating to automobile emission regulation in Vermont, U.S. District Court Chief Judge William K. Sessions wrote, "Plaintiffs’ own expert, Dr. Christy, agrees with the IPCC’s [2001] assessment that in the light of new evidence and taking into account remaining uncertainties, most of the observed warming over the last fifty years is likely to have been due to the increase in GHG concentrations." What Christy said in his testimony was, "You know, it's a statement that has lots of qualifications in it, so it's hard to disagree with." and "You saw me pause a long time because — this was six years ago. And the question was about what I thought six years ago." When then asked if he presently agreed with that IPCC assessment Christy responded, "As I answered here, because of the qualifications in that statement, I don't have significant concerns."
Linktv org wrote:
<quoted text>
Only Rush "From Drugs" Lying Corporatist Limbaugh and the Oil Company polluters are against the Climate Scientist.
In the same way the Tobacco Companies were against the Doctors saying cigarettes were not harmful, many years ago.
SMARTEN UP Rogue.

Typical Libtardian response. You can not counter even one of my points so you throw peanuts and change the subject. How sophomoric of you!
Oh, the tobacco companies were not sued because they lied, but because their products hurt people!
Linktv org

Sayville, NY

#157127 May 27, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why did Valery Plame RESIGN for the CIA??? Why did the lawsuit filed by her and her husband Amb. Wilson get thrown out of court?
Now, why was Linda Tripp awarded over a MILLION DOLLAR$ in her lawsuit against DoDO?!?
Everything I post is factual and nobody can disprove me.

You are only a parrot saying whatever Fox News, Rush, and Glen Beck tell you.

You still believe the corporate mainstream media is liberal and Obama is a Muslim born in Kenya.

LOL

Location hidden

#157128 May 27, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Dr. John Christy,
In a 2009 written testimony to the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee, he wrote: "From my analysis, the actions being considered to 'stop global warming' will have an imperceptible impact on whatever the climate will do, while making energy more expensive, and thus have a negative impact on the economy as a whole. We have found that climate models and popular surface temperature data sets overstate the changes in the real atmosphere and that actual changes are not alarming."
More Than 15,000 Scientists Protest Kyoto Accord; Speak Out Against Global Warming Myth
DOUGLAS HOUTS (1998.05.12 ) ENVIRONMENT

More than 15,000 scientists, two-thirds with advanced academic degrees, have now signed a Petition against the climate accord concluded in Kyoto (Japan) in December 1997. The Petition (see text below) urges the US government to reject the Accord, which would force drastic cuts in energy use on the United States. This is in line with the Senate Resolution, approved by a 95-to-0 vote last July, which turns down any international agreement that damages the economy of the United States while exempting most of the world’s nations, including such major emerging economic powers as China, India, and Brazil.

In signing the Petition within a period of less than six weeks, the 15,000 basic and applied scientists — an unprecedented number for this kind of document — also expressed their profound skepticism about the science underlying the Kyoto Accord. The atmospheric data simply do not support the elaborate computer-driven climate models that are being cited by the United Nations and other promoters of the Accord as “proof” of a major future warming. The covering letter enclosed with the Petition, signed by Dr. Frederick Seitz, president emeritus of Rockefeller University and a past president of the U.S. National Academy of Sciences, states it well:

“The treaty is, in our opinion, based upon flawed ideas. Research data on climate change do not show that human use of hydrocarbons is harmful. To the contrary, there is good evidence that increased atmospheric carbon dioxide is environmentally helpful.”

This freely expressed vote against the warming scare propaganda should be contrasted with the claimed “consensus of 2500 climate scientists”.........
http://capitalismmagazine.com/1998/05/more-th...
Linktv org

Sayville, NY

#157129 May 27, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
The FACT is Obamacare is NOT Romneycare. And the fact is also Romneycare is not working too well for Massachusetts anymore than TennCare is working out for Tennessee!
Making rich people poor does not make poor people rich! It just makes everyone POORER.
Our Labor Participation Rate is at it lowest level than before Reagan was in the White House and there are about SEVEN MILLION FEWER AMERICANS EMPLOYED NOW THAN WHEN OBAMA ENTERED THE WHITE HOUSE!!!
The average American families NET income has dropped 15% of what is was when Bush left office. Again, you do not make poor people rich by making rich people poor!
Romneycare, Obamacare, are one and the same as the Bush/Cheney Prescription Drugs for Seniors in 2003 & 2006.

ALL AMERICAN SENIORS ARE STILL PAYING THE HIGHEST PRICES FOR MEDICINES IN THE WORLD.

Location hidden

#157130 May 27, 2013
Oh, you Libtards like to claim that 97% of ALL scientists believe in manmade Global Warming when really less than 5% do!
You get a dozen cherry picked academics around in a circle and each one passed his research paper to the one on his right, waits five minutes and then turns to the guy on his left and nods in approvement. And that is what you Libtards think is real peer review.
Sad, very sad.
Can you tell us why it snowed early this month in Arkansas for the first time ever recorded in the month of May and why it snowed up to three feet in the Northeast in late May? Oh, I know, Global Warming means MORE SNOW.
Well, I tell you what. You bury your head in the snow so you won't know when you azz freezes off!

Location hidden

#157131 May 27, 2013
Linktv org wrote:
<quoted text>
Romneycare, Obamacare, are one and the same as the Bush/Cheney Prescription Drugs for Seniors in 2003 & 2006.
ALL AMERICAN SENIORS ARE STILL PAYING THE HIGHEST PRICES FOR MEDICINES IN THE WORLD.
And you are clueless to my we are paying so much for medicines? Because a few people get a side effect that is listed on the medication and they get to sue the drug maker.
I take a medication that says if I take it, I might die. And at the same time the doctor tells me if I don't take it, I will PROBABLY die sooner. So I take the medication and die, my survivors get to sue the drug maker?
Linktv org

Sayville, NY

#157132 May 27, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are the Climate Change denier! The Earth is cooling and you will not accept it as fact!. Dr. James Hansen is NOT any sort of a weather scientists. Can you tell me what his degree is in?
Now, how about Dr. John Christy?
American Geophysical Union (AGU) statement, he said he is "a strong critic of scientists who make catastrophic predictions of huge increases in global temperatures and tremendous rises in sea levels". He added, though, that "it is scientifically inconceivable that after changing forests into cities, turning millions of acres into irrigated farmland, putting massive quantities of soot and dust into the air, and putting extra greenhouse gases into the air, that the natural course of climate has not changed in some way."
In a 2009 interview with Fortune Magazine about signing the 2003 American Geophysical Union (AGU) statement, he said: "As far as the AGU, I thought that was a fine statement because it did not put forth a magnitude of the warming. We just said that human effects have a warming influence, and that's certainly true. There was nothing about disaster or catastrophe. In fact, I was very upset about the latest AGU statement [in 2007]. It was about alarmist as you can get."
In a 2007 editorial in the Wall Street Journal, he wrote: "I'm sure the majority (but not all) of my IPCC colleagues cringe when I say this, but I see neither the developing catastrophe nor the smoking gun proving that human activity is to blame for most of the warming we see."
In a 2007 ruling in a trial relating to automobile emission regulation in Vermont, U.S. District Court Chief Judge William K. Sessions wrote, "Plaintiffs’ own expert, Dr. Christy, agrees with the IPCC’s [2001] assessment that in the light of new evidence and taking into account remaining uncertainties, most of the observed warming over the last fifty years is likely to have been due to the increase in GHG concentrations." What Christy said in his testimony was, "You know, it's a statement that has lots of qualifications in it, so it's hard to disagree with." and "You saw me pause a long time because — this was six years ago. And the question was about what I thought six years ago." When then asked if he presently agreed with that IPCC assessment Christy responded, "As I answered here, because of the qualifications in that statement, I don't have significant concerns."
<quoted text>
Typical Libtardian response. You can not counter even one of my points so you throw peanuts and change the subject. How sophomoric of you!
Oh, the tobacco companies were not sued because they lied, but because their products hurt people!
I hope someday you will learn how corporate America pays the salaries of all Rightwing talking air heads.

They are propagandist telling you cigarettes are not harmful and Global Warming is a MYTH.

=========

Tea Party climate change deniers funded by BP and other major polluters
Midterm election campaigns of Tea Party favorites DeMint and Inhofe have received over $240,000 / 24 October 2010 / http://tinyurl.com/33n3xvq
BP and several other big European companies are funding the midterm election campaigns of Tea Party favourites who deny the existence of global warming or oppose Barack Obama's energy agenda, the Guardian has learned.
An analysis of campaign finance by Climate Action Network Europe (Cane) found nearly 80% of campaign donations from a number of major European firms were directed towards senators who blocked action on climate change. These included incumbents who have been embraced by the Tea Party such as Jim DeMint, a Republican from South Carolina, and the notorious climate change denier James Inhofe, a Republican from Oklahoma.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/oct/24/t...
Linktv org

Sayville, NY

#157133 May 27, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Oh, you Libtards like to claim that 97% of ALL scientists believe in manmade Global Warming when really less than 5% do!
You get a dozen cherry picked academics around in a circle and each one passed his research paper to the one on his right, waits five minutes and then turns to the guy on his left and nods in approvement. And that is what you Libtards think is real peer review.
Sad, very sad.
Can you tell us why it snowed early this month in Arkansas for the first time ever recorded in the month of May and why it snowed up to three feet in the Northeast in late May? Oh, I know, Global Warming means MORE SNOW.
Well, I tell you what. You bury your head in the snow so you won't know when you azz freezes off!
Exactly correct. Because of the atmosphere changing, places like Texas are getting snow, which never was before.

========

Noam Chomsky: How Climate Change Became a 'Liberal Hoax'
February 9, 2011 / http://tinyurl.com/4kn84dx
In this sixth video in the series “Peak Oil and a Changing Climate” from The Nation and On The Earth Productions, linguist, philosopher and political activist Noam Chomsky talks about the Chamber of Commerce, the American Petroleum Institute and other business lobbies enthusiastically carrying out campaigns “to try and convince the population that global warming is a liberal hoax.” According to Chomsky, this massive public relations campaign has succeeded in leading a good portion of the population into doubting the human causes of global warming.
Known for his criticism of the media, Chomsky doesn't hold back in this clip, laying blame on mainstream media outlets such as the New York Times, which will run frontpage articles on what meteorologists think about global warming.“Meteorologists are pretty faces reading scripts telling you whether it’s going to rain tomorrow," Chomsky says. "What do they have to say any more than your barber?” All this is part of the media’s pursuit of “fabled objectivity.”
Of particular concern for Chomsky is the atmosphere of anger, fear and hostility that currently reigns in America. The public’s hatred of Democrats, Republicans, big business and banks and the public’s distrust of scientists all lead to general disregard for the findings of “pointy-headed elitists.” The 2010 elections could be interpreted as a “death knell for the species” because most of the new Republicans in Congress are global warming deniers.“If this was happening in some small country," Chomsky concludes, "it wouldn’t matter much. But when it’s happening in the richest, most powerful country in the world, it’s a danger to the survival of the species.”
http://www.thenation.com/video/158093/noam-ch...
Linktv org

Sayville, NY

#157134 May 27, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why did Valery Plame RESIGN for the CIA??? Why did the lawsuit filed by her and her husband Amb. Wilson get thrown out of court?
Now, why was Linda Tripp awarded over a MILLION DOLLAR$ in her lawsuit against DoDO?!?
Bush Torture Indictment / http://tinyurl.com/4qvux2b
On February 7, 2011, two torture victims were to have filed criminal complaints for torture against former president George W. Bush in Geneva, who was due to speak at an event there on February 12th. On the eve of the filing of the complaints, George Bush cancelled his trip. Swiss law requires the presence of the alleged torturer on Swiss soil before a preliminary investigation can be open. The complaints could not be filed after Bush cancelled, as the basis for jurisdiction no longer existed.
These two complaints are part of a larger effort to ensure accountability for torturers, including former U.S. officials. So on February 7, 2011, CCR publically released the "Preliminary Bush Torture Indictment." This document presents fundamental aspects of the case against George Bush for torture, and a preliminary legal analysis of his liability for torture and a response to some anticipated defenses. This document will be updated as developments warrant. The exhibit list contains references to more than 2,500 pages of supporting material.
http://ccrjustice.org/ourcases/current-cases/...

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#157135 May 27, 2013
Linktv org wrote:
<quoted text>
Wealthy people will never become poor because they have the Congress working for them.
The over 70,000 pages in the Tax Code proves that.
Rogue does not benefit from the 70,000 pages, but AT&T and Exxon/Mobil does.
lol
You wrote : "Wealthy people will never become poor because they have the Congress working for them"

All true, but aren't you forgetting the hordes of indoctrinated serfs like Rogue and company who, amazingly, are not even paid by the richest of the rich to defend them. Why, those very rich wouldn't even give them the time of day. Or they would, but would charge them for it. Just mind-boggling.

Location hidden

#157136 May 27, 2013
This movie was made in 1942/43 and even back then they knew cigarettes were Coffin Nails. Yet all those people started to sue the big evil tobacco companies because they were "lied to". As if they didn't know that using tobacco would put nails in their coffins!
Typical Libtards one and all!!!
Oh, pick the movie up at about 4:06!!!

Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo Part 7
Linktv org

Sayville, NY

#157137 May 27, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you FAILED to explain these truths away SHEEPLE!
All of Congress has got no balls and are scared of being labeled as racist by SHEEPLE like you!
Obama's valid birth certificate resides in Kenya where Obama the usurper was born!
Why can't the SHEEPLE explain why Obama is the only person known to have a Hawaiian birth certificate with a one-of-a-kind error in the registrars stamp?
Why can't the SHEEPLE explain why Obama's long form birth certificate does not have a raised visible embossed seal?
We all know why these are the FACTS!
Why can't you explain these truths away SHEEPLE?
We KNOW that the Obama Administration is tho most corrupt in US History.
We also know that Government in general is also the most corrupt that has ever existed because it stems from a usurper who has no respect for the Constitution or the law that it represents.
That is no earth shattering revelation SHEEPLE!
Scandal? What Scandal?(Washington Post, 10/11/87).
Bush's Iran-Contra appointees are barely a story

Throughout the summer of 2001, the media were profligate with resources for the Chandra Levy story, excavating every corner of her and Rep. Gary Condit's past to unearth a prurient bounty of personal detail. That level of investigative vigor mighthave exposed far more vital information had it been applied to Bush's appointment of numerous Iran-Contra veterans to key posts.

But with a few admirable exceptions, news stories about Elliot Abrams, John Negroponte and Otto Reich have largely relied on past reporting and he-said, she-said soundbites by the usual supporters and critics, rather than in-depth investigations into their complicity in one of the bloodiest scandals of the past 20 years. And their guilt is based not on speculation or gossip, but on hard evidence that they aided torturers and death squads,circumvented Congress and the Constitution, and deceived the American people.

John Negroponte, as ambassador to Honduras from 1981-85, covered up human rights abuses by the CIA-trained Battalion 316. He is Bush's choice for U.S. ambassador to the U.N. and, as Extra! went to press, was expected to clear Senate confirmation hearings.

Elliott Abrams, an assistant secretary of state under Reagan, pleaded guilty in 1991 to two counts of withholding evidence from Congress (i.e., lying) over his role in the Iran-Contra affair. Bush I pardoned him; Bush II has appointed him to the National SecurityCouncil as director of its office for democracy, human rights and international operations. The post requires no Senate approval.

Otto Reich's nomination as assistant secretary of state for Western Hemisphere affairs, the top post for Latin America, was predicted to draw the most congressional fire. Reich was head of the now-defunct Office for Public Diplomacy (OPD), which the House Committee on Foreign Affairs censured for "prohibited, covert propaganda activities"
Linktv org

Sayville, NY

#157138 May 27, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote : "Wealthy people will never become poor because they have the Congress working for them"
All true, but aren't you forgetting the hordes of indoctrinated serfs like Rogue and company who, amazingly, are not even paid by the richest of the rich to defend them. Why, those very rich wouldn't even give them the time of day. Or they would, but would charge them for it. Just mind-boggling.
You hit another Grand Slam Home Run my friend.

Rogue is an apologist for the wealthiest 0.1% percentile who do not need his help.

Limbaugh laughs all the way to the bank.

LOL

Koch brothers’ plans for 2012: Spend $88 million
2/11/11 / http://tinyurl.com/4pk8w8n
In an expansion of their political footprint, the billionaire Koch brothers plan to contribute and steer a total of $88 million to conservative causes during the 2012 election cycle, according to sources, funding a new voter micro-targeting initiative, grassroots organizing efforts and television advertising campaigns.
In fact, as the annual Conservative Political Action Conference meets this week in Washington and conservatives assess the state of their movement, the Kochs’ network of non-profit groups, once centered around sleepy free-enterprise think tanks, seems to some to be emerging as a more ideological counterweight to the independent Republican political machine conceived by Bush-era GOP operatives Karl Rove and Ed Gillespie before the 2010 midterm elections.
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0211/493...

Location hidden

#157139 May 27, 2013
Yep, America has only 5% of the Earth population yet we use 25% of the energy and Libtards think that is .... BAD! Meanwhile we have 25% of the worlds lawyers and the Libtards think that is ..... good!?!
And they wonder why I call them Libtards?!?
Linktv org

Sayville, NY

#157140 May 27, 2013
The Rich Get Richer, and They Have You to Thank, Says David Cay Johnston / Nov 19, 2010 /

The rich, thanks to government handouts, are getting richer at everyone else's expense. At least that's what David Cay Johnston claims in the book Free Lunch: How the Wealthiest Americans Enrich Themselves at Government Expense (and Stick You with the Bill)

"This enormous growth of incomes at the top is not the result of market forces -- there's some market forces -- but it's largely the result of all these rules nobody knows about," he tells Dan and Aaron in this clip.
The problem starts with government subsidies, says Johnston, a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist. States are spending around $70 billion on government subsidies, he estimates. That doesn't include the hundreds of billions more doled out in federal subsidies.

"Is that capitalism?," he complains. "Go compete in a competitive arena. Don't go to Washington and say 'give me money' either by saying 'I don't have to pay taxes' or forcing other people to pay taxes that go to me. Go earn your money in the marketplace."

Location hidden

#157141 May 27, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
All of Congress has got no balls and are scared of being labeled as racist by SHEEPLE like you!
Obama's valid birth certificate resides in Kenya where Obama the usurper was born!
Why can't the SHEEPLE explain why Obama is the only person known to have a Hawaiian birth certificate with a one-of-a-kind error in the registrars stamp?
Why can't the SHEEPLE explain why Obama's long form birth certificate does not have a raised visible embossed seal?
We also know that Government in general is also the most corrupt that has ever existed because it stems from a usurper who has no respect for the Constitution or the law that it represents.
Linktv org wrote:
<quoted text>
Scandal? What Scandal?(Washington Post, 10/11/87).
Bush's Iran-Contra appointees are barely a story
Throughout the summer of 2001, the media were profligate with resources for the Chandra Levy story, excavating every corner of her and Rep. Gary Condit's past to unearth a prurient bounty of personal detail. That level of investigative vigor mighthave exposed far more vital information had it been applied to Bush's appointment of numerous Iran-Contra veterans to key posts.
But with a few admirable exceptions, news stories about Elliot Abrams, John Negroponte and Otto Reich have largely relied on past reporting and he-said, she-said soundbites by the usual supporters and critics, rather than in-depth investigations into their complicity in one of the bloodiest scandals of the past 20 years. And their guilt is based not on speculation or gossip, but on hard evidence that they aided torturers and death squads,circumvented Congress and the Constitution, and deceived the American people.
John Negroponte, as ambassador to Honduras from 1981-85, covered up human rights abuses by the CIA-trained Battalion 316. He is Bush's choice for U.S. ambassador to the U.N. and, as Extra! went to press, was expected to clear Senate confirmation hearings.
Elliott Abrams, an assistant secretary of state under Reagan, pleaded guilty in 1991 to two counts of withholding evidence from Congress (i.e., lying) over his role in the Iran-Contra affair. Bush I pardoned him; Bush II has appointed him to the National SecurityCouncil as director of its office for democracy, human rights and international operations. The post requires no Senate approval.
Otto Reich's nomination as assistant secretary of state for Western Hemisphere affairs, the top post for Latin America, was predicted to draw the most congressional fire. Reich was head of the now-defunct Office for Public Diplomacy (OPD), which the House Committee on Foreign Affairs censured for "prohibited, covert propaganda activities"
Please note the Libtard does not attempt to contests even one of your points, throws peanuts and .... changes the subject. Just like Obama!!!
Linktv org

Sayville, NY

#157142 May 27, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Please note the Libtard does not attempt to contests even one of your points, throws peanuts and .... changes the subject. Just like Obama!!!
David Cay Johnston: "The Fine Print: How Big Companies Use 'Plain English' to Rob You Blind"

September 19, 2012 /
http://tinyurl.com/9qv48f8

In part two of our interview with David Cay Johnston, we discuss his new book, The Fine Print: How Big Companies Use 'Plain English' to Rob You Blind. Johnston writes, "No other modern country gives corporations the unfettered power found in America to gouge cus­tomers, shortchange workers, and erect barriers to fair play. A big reason is that so little of the news ... addresses the private, government-approved mechanisms by which price gouging is employed to redistribute income upward."

http://www.democracynow.org/blog/2012/9/19/da...
Linktv org

Sayville, NY

#157143 May 27, 2013
No Republican administration has balanced a budget since Eisenhower in 1957.
Dwight Eisenhower was last Republican President to preside over a balanced budget. He had a balanced budget in 1956 and 1957. Since then, there have been two presidents to preside over balanced budgets, LBJ in 1969 and Clinton in 1998 through 2001. During the last 40 years there have been five budget surpluses, all five were under Democratic Presidents: 1969, 1998, 1999, 2000, and 2001.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy 9-16 12 min Kuuipo 12
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min fetch almighty 1,109,237
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 17 min Sublime1 98,205
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 49 min J RULES 69,361
Amy 9-15 51 min Stina2 11
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Cali Girl 2014 49,799
sex 1 hr royDESI BOY 1
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••