BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...
Comments
137,661 - 137,680 of 177,374 Comments Last updated 18 min ago

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#156804 May 24, 2013
What did these Unionist think was going to happen under ObamaCare? Under ObamaCare only the One Percenters will get first class medical care. The rest of the 99% will be at the back of the bus!!!
I have approved this message. Rogue Scholar

Some unions now angry about health care overhaul

Published: May 24, 2013
WASHINGTON (AP)— When President Barack Obama pushed his health care overhaul plan through Congress, he counted labor unions among his strongest supporters.

But some unions leaders have grown frustrated and angry about what they say are unexpected consequences of the new law — problems that they say could jeopardize the health benefits offered to millions of their members.

The issue could create a political headache next year for Democrats facing re-election if disgruntled union members believe the Obama administration and Congress aren't working to fix the problem.

"It makes an untruth out of what the president said, that if you like your insurance, you could keep it," said Joe Hansen, president of the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union. "That is not going to be true for millions of workers now."

The problem lies in the unique multiemployer health plans that cover unionized workers in retail, construction, transportation and other industries with seasonal or temporary employment. Known as Taft-Hartley plans, they are jointly administered by unions and smaller employers that pool resources to offer more than 20 million workers and family members continuous coverage, even during times of unemployment.

The union plans were already more costly to run than traditional single-employer health plans. The Affordable Care Act has added to that cost — for the unions' and other plans — by requiring health plans to cover dependents up to age 26, eliminate annual or lifetime coverage limits and extend coverage to people with pre-existing conditions.

"We're concerned that employers will be increasingly tempted to drop coverage through our plans and let our members fend for themselves on the health exchanges," said David Treanor, director of health care initiatives at the Operating Engineers union.

Workers seeking coverage in the state-based marketplaces, known as exchanges, can qualify for subsidies, determined by a sliding scale based on income. By contrast, the new law does not allow workers in the union plans to receive similar subsidies.

Bob Laszewski, a health care industry consultant, said the real fear among unions is that "a lot of these labor contracts are very expensive and now employers are going to have an alternative to very expensive labor health benefits."

"If the workers can get benefits that are as good through Obamacare in the exchanges, then why do you need the union?" Laszewski said. "In my mind, what the unions are fearing is that workers for the first time can get very good health benefits for a subsidized cost someplace other than the employer."

However, Laszewski said it was unlikely employers would drop the union plans immediately because they are subject to ongoing collective bargaining agreements.

Labor unions have been among the president's closest allies, spending millions of dollars to help him win re-election and help Democrats keep their majority in the Senate. The wrangling over health care comes as unions have continued to see steady declines in membership and attacks on public employee unions in state legislatures around the country. The Obama administration walks a fine line between defending the president's signature legislative achievement and not angering a powerful constituency as it looks ahead to the 2014 elections.

Union officials have been working with the administration for more than a year to try to get a regulatory fix that would allow low-income workers in their plans to receive subsidies. But after months of negotiations, labor leaders say they have been told it won't happen.

Location hidden

#156805 May 24, 2013
"It's not favoritism. We want to be treated fairly," said Hansen, whose union has about 800,000 of its 1.3 million members covered under Taft-Hartley policies. "We would expect more help from this administration."

Sabrina Siddiqui, a Treasury Department spokeswoman, declined to discuss the specifics of any negotiations between the administration and union officials. But she said the law helps bring down costs and improve quality of care.

Katie Mahoney, executive director of health policy at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, said employers were concerned about possible increases in health care costs and would do what was needed to keep their businesses running and retain worker talent. The Chamber has not taken a position on the union concerns, but Mahoney said it was highly unlikely that the administration would consider subsidies for workers in the union plans.

"They are not going to offset the expense of added mandates under the health care law, which employers and unions are going to pay for," Mahoney said.

Unions say their health care plans in many cases offer better coverage with broader doctors' networks and lower premiums than what would be available in the exchanges, particularly when it comes to part-time workers.

Unions backed the health care legislation because they expected it to curb inflation in health coverage, reduce the number of uninsured Americans and level the playing field for companies that were already providing quality benefits. While unions knew there were lingering issues after the law passed, they believed those could be fixed through rulemaking.

But last month, the union representing roofers issued a statement calling for "repeal or complete reform" of the health care law. Kinsey Robinson, president of the United Union of Roofers, Waterproofers and Allied Workers, complained that labor's concerns over the health care law "have not been addressed, or in some instances, totally ignored."

"In the rush to achieve its passage, many of the act's provisions were not fully conceived, resulting in unintended consequences that are inconsistent with the promise that those who were satisfied with their employer-sponsored coverage could keep it," Robinson said.

Harold Schaitberger, president of the International Association of Firefighters, said unions have been forceful in seeking solutions from the Obama administration, but none have been forthcoming. While Congress could address the problem by amending the health care law, Schaitberger said Senate Democrats told union leaders earlier this month that any new legislation was highly unlikely.
http://tbo.com/ap/national/some-unions-now-an...

Location hidden

#156806 May 24, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, debka still can not write more than a few sentences. But he can cut and paste. The question is, "who came first", Abraham, from whom Judaism came from, or Zoroaster, from whom Zoroastrianism came from?!?
From Wiki: Dates proposed in scholarly literature diverge widely, between the 18th and the 6th centuries BC.
People like nebka hate Judaism and Christendom and will do anything to undermine these religions.
nebka wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not hate Judaism and Christendom just because i post about about a religion that some of the same ideas about god, the devil and Jesus.
Just about ever major religion on the Earth has the same story on how the Earth was made a god, a devil and even a person like Jesus and some of those religions are older than the bible.
OK Rouge if some of those religions are older than Christendom why do they have similar people in it.
Ah, but that article you posted said that the Jews and Christians got their ideas from Zoroastrianism! But maybe they got their ideas from Judaism!!!

Location hidden

#156807 May 24, 2013
Old Obama had a White House,
E-I-E-I-O.
And on his White House he had some liar,
E-I-E-I-O.
With a liar, liar, here
And a liar, liar there,
Here a liar, there a liar,
Everywhere a liar, liar,
E-I-E-I-O.
And on his White House he had some scandal,
E-I-E-I-O.
With a scandal, scandal here
And a scandal, scandal there,
Here a scandal, there a scandal,
Everywhere a scandal,
E-I-E-I-O.
And on his White House he had some puffer boys,
E-I-E-I-O.
With a puffer boy, puffer boy, here
And a puffer boy, puffer boy there,
Here a puffer boy, there a puffer boy,
Everywhere puffer boys,
E-I-E-I-O.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#156808 May 24, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
E-I-E-I-O.
And on his farm he had some liar,
E-I-E-I-O.
With a liar, liar, here
And a liar, liar there,
Everywhere a liar, liar,
E-I-E-I-O.
And on his farm he had some liar,
E-I-E-I-O.
With a liar, liar, here
And a liar, liar there,
Everywhere a liar, liar,
E-I-E-I-O.
And on his White House he had some puffer boys,
E-I-E-I-O.
With a puffer boy, puffer boy, here
And a puffer boy, scandal there,
Here a puffer boy, there a puffer boy,
Everywhere puffer boys,
E-I-E-I-O.
There you go again with the "puffer" obsession, Rogue. Harking back to the good ole Saigon days, are we, and projecting your little fantasies, realised fantasies no doubt, onto Obama. You claim to be Christian who enjoys accusing anyone who does not share your views of Christianity of being an atheist. Yet you write of your president having puffer boys whose front teeth have been removed in order not to injure him. Tell us now, Rogue, if writing about Obama getting bjs is Christian. Would Jesus or Mother Teresa have done that?

How about

Romney almost had a White House
E-I-E-I-O.
And his friend Rogue bought dancing shoes
E-I-E-I-O.
Which you can now buy online, NEVER USED
E-I-E-I-O.
Laughingstock LRS sand "Can you hear us coming?"
E-I-E-I-O.
A loud thud was heard as slithering slug LRs fell on his fat face
E-I-E-I-O.
Obsessed and Clinton and now Obama penis-envy Rogue drooling at he mere thought
E-I-E-I-O.
As birthers forced to watch Romney pumping his own gas
E-I-E-I-O.
While Obama's gofers tank up his limo, his helicopter, his 747 LMAO (LRs tm reg'd)
E-I-E-I-O.
Now frustrated Rogue projects his utmost desire to puff Obama
E-I-E-I-O.
As Clinton turned him down
E-I-E-I-O.
Poor Rogue all alone with his utmost lover, his right hand
E-I-E-I-O.
Grand Birther

Louisville, KY

#156810 May 24, 2013
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, we’ve seen two that are absolutely valid! That you prefer to dismiss them as fake is more or less a personal problem that has absolutely nothing to do with veracity.
No valid birth certificate has been seen.

Why can't the SHEEPLE explain why Obama is the only person known to have a Hawaiian birth certificate with a one-of-a-kind error in the registrars stamp?

Why can't the SHEEPLE explain why Obama's long form birth certificate does not have a raised visible embossed seal?

We all know why that is FACT, Poopoo stain.

Ottawa

#156811 May 24, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, there are two possibilities here. Either you are the only atheist or the churches were not allowed to ring their bells to begin with!
I had written "Can you please give some kind of proof of what you've advanced? "

As usual, no response. Just irrelevant drivel. What a surprise.

Ottawa

#156812 May 24, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Grand Birther wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why is the Muslim prayer call to breakfast the most beautiful sound he has ever heard?
How many Christians can you prove have ever spoke of their Muslim faith?
Let me help you, NONE!
<quoted text>
Hummmm, but you Libtards complain about church bells on Sunday but call people like me a bigot because we do not want to listen to anyone's prayers five times a day blared out over loud speakers.
Sound level might be checked outside St. Sebastian Church: September 04, 2010
By Lisa Yensen, Press & Guide Newspapers
DEARBORN HEIGHTS -- The controversy surrounding sounds emanating from St. Sebastian Catholic Church is not over yet.
St. Sebastian, located at 20710 Colgate Street in Dearborn Heights, has become the center of an argument about whether or not church bells and hymns should continue to ring out through the neighborhood – and at what volumn.
Although the bells are exempt from the city’s noise ordinance, questions remain about the hymns.
http://www.pressandguide.com/articles/2010/09...
SATURDAY, JUNE 4, 2011
Christians Under Siege in Dearbornistan, Michigan
A Muslim diaspora has taken over an American city. A Christian immigrant from Libya came to the United States hoping to experience the American dream; instead he found a Muslim enclave that is more oppressive than Omar Kaddafi’s regime. And what city could this be? You guessed it: Dearborn, Michigan.
Dearbornistan has become a closed city. Christians can’t ring their church bells.
http://costonscomplaint.blogspot.com/2011/06/...
One country. almost 10 million sq km. 310 million people. And you come up with ONE example? And all it does is showcase an incompetent and chicken administration. Don't blame the Moslems, blame city hall. Any more?

Ottawa

#156813 May 24, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, debka still can not write more than a few sentences. But he can cut and paste. The question is, "who came first", Abraham, from whom Judaism came from, or Zoroaster, from whom Zoroastrianism came from?!?
From Wiki: Dates proposed in scholarly literature diverge widely, between the 18th and the 6th centuries BC.
People like nebka hate Judaism and Christendom and will do anything to undermine these religions.
<quoted text>
No, Stalin was WORSE than Hitler because he came first and Hitler WORSE than Pol Pot because HE came before him. And so forth. And GWB better than Obama but not as great as Reagan. LMAO
"better at killing", Rogue. But I'm sure you're just pretending that you didn't get it.
Grand Birther

Louisville, KY

#156814 May 24, 2013
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
Certainly no doubt about that GB!
That YOU are a SHEEPLE???
I agree.

No valid birth certificate has been seen.

Why can't the SHEEPLE explain why Obama is the only person known to have a Hawaiian birth certificate with a one-of-a-kind error in the registrars stamp?

Why can't the SHEEPLE explain why Obama's long form birth certificate does not have a raised visible embossed seal?

We all know why these are the FACTS, Poopoo stain.

Ottawa

#156815 May 24, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Ah, but that article you posted said that the Jews and Christians got their ideas from Zoroastrianism! But maybe they got their ideas from Judaism!!!
Care top tell us of the true origins of Christmas, the Virgin Mary, and Easter and the calendar it is based on, Rogue? How about looking to Egypt for starters? Except for "Soldier of Fortune", hate internet websites and WND.com , your reading is not too varied, is it?
Grand Birther

Louisville, KY

#156816 May 24, 2013
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
Born in Honolulu GB! You’ll never get around that no matter how much you whine and fake Kenyan BC’s you produce.
No valid Hawaiian birth certificate has been seen.
It does not exist in Hawaii!
It resides in Kenya where Obama the usurper was born, Poopoo stain!

We all know why these are the FACTS, Poopoo stain.
Democracynow org

Sayville, NY

#156817 May 24, 2013
The Real Top Ten Stories of the Past Decade
January 1, 2010 / http://tinyurl.com/y8zwgno

1. The Supreme Court hijacking the 2000 presidential election. This isn't even a historical controversy anymore. Al Gore won the national popular vote by 570,000. And we now know he would have won the Florida vote as well if the vote counting had not been stopped by the Supreme Court. This was literally a right wing judicial coup d' etat, so it's understandable that it's never mentioned in the "right" kind of circles.

2. Bush knew of 9/11 long before it actually happened. Three years before Bush took office, the neo-cons' Project For a New American Century called for a "new Pearl Harbor" to galvanize the nation into a war to seize Middle East oil. And even before the event itself, Bush-as-president was warned dozens of times of the imminent attack, the most notorious being the August 6, 2001 Presidential Daily Briefing titled, "Bin Laden Determined to Strike in U.S". Amazingly nothing was done to prevent the attack. But even less is it advertised that Bush knew.

3. Iraq was all premised on lies, yet we're still there. Saddam Hussein wasn't pursuing Weapons of Mass Destruction. He wasn't involved in 9/11. He wasn't engaged with Al Qaeda. As with the 2000 election hijacking, we know all these things. And we know they were false at the time they were proffered. Yet, there we are, with no intent to leave, our very presence spitting in the face of International Law and the international community we so unctuously pretend to respect.

4. The Global War on Terror. Or more specifically, the ease with which the "GWOT" has replaced the Cold War as the justification for the ever-increasing militarization of society. What happened to the post-Cold War "Peace Dividend"? The U.S continues to spend more on the military than all the rest of the world combined. It continues to maintain over 700 military bases around the world. And it continues to manufacture excuses for foreign interventions whenever weapons makers and military logistics companies need more profits — which is forever.

5. The fact that 2/3 of all economic growth went to top 1%. John Kennedy's social contract had a rising tide lifting all boats. But over the last decade 2/3 of all economic growth has gone to the top 1% of income earners. Meanwhile the middle class has suffered a $13 trillion writedown in wealth as a result of the housing collapse. The banking bailout and the health care "reform" debate showed as never before the extent to which corporations have captured government and use it to redirect national wealth to themselves and their owners.
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2010/01/01-0
Democracynow org

Sayville, NY

#156818 May 24, 2013
6. The Neo-Feudalization of the American economy. The top 1% of wealth holders own 41% of all the assets in the country while the bottom 40% own absolutely nothing. Meanwhile, workers are saddled with $12 trillion of national debt, an effective indentured servitude that will bind them to their corporate masters for the rest of their lives. This is the working definition of feudalism, where the rich own everything and everybody else has nothing but their proffered labor and their obligations to their masters. The Hapsburgs, the Tudors, and the Bourbons would be jealous.

7. The surrender of civil liberties. Despite the Fourth Amendment supposedly protecting us against unreasonable searches and seizures, the government can now read your email and listen to your phone calls without any probable cause. The Obama administration has gone to court to prevent the re-institution of Habeas Corpus, suspended during the Bush administration. We are much less free, much less protected from brutalization by our own government than we were just ten years ago.

8. The failure of "the free market" to sustain prosperity. The "free market" has long been an ideological dodge used to resist real government regulation of the economy. Still, the ideal was supposed to deliver prosperity in a stable, sustainable matter. Now we have the greatest global economic collapse since the Great Depression, with the government transferring $11 trillion to the banks to cover their sociopathically greedy bets that went bust. All in the name of deregulation, with future regulation vigorously resisted. Is this a deranged country or what?
9. The collapse of the media. We once imagined it would guard the hen house. Yet that was an anomaly, a freak event around Vietnam and Watergate when it slipped its leash. Since then, sixty independent media outlets have consolidated into five, all retailing the ideology of the powerful, the perpetrators, laundering their lies, covering up the truth, and harassing the truth tellers. In every story mentioned above, the mainstream media have worked to ensure that the people didn't know the truth about the forfeiture of their government, their wealth, their security, and their rights.
10. The meaninglessness of elections. This is the most embittering revelation of all. Despite the greatest electoral majority since Johnson crushed Goldwater in '64, Barrack Obama has betrayed everything he ran on. In every case where he had the opportunity to confront power — in financial bailouts, financial regulation, health care, wars and military spending, utilities and global warming, national surveillance — Obama has sided with the rich and powerful against the interests of the American people. He has probably engendered more cynicism, more disaffection with government than any president since Richard Nixon. It will deal a staggering blow to the hopes of mobilizing masses of people again for a real takeback of government. And he's not even one year into it. http://www.commondreams.org/view/2010/01/01-0
Democracynow org

Sayville, NY

#156819 May 24, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn it, why do you have to be so right on? In all fairness to the president, GOP, Democrat, Bull Moose, independent or whatever colour, there is nothing the president, ANY president, even well-meaning, can do about it. ZILCH. Jobs are NOT the bigwigs' concern, and as you write, they have no reason to be pro-job. But be fair, see how it works in other OECD countries. The USA is not alone.
Thanks for your OECD data.

It is shameful how corrupt other free societies are because of Greed.

I know it is the "SYSTEM" that is the problem and not the person.

==========

1 Timothy 6:10 / KEY WORD "LOVE".

10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
Truth Detector

Louisville, KY

#156820 May 24, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
You're now going to repeat the above post ad infinitum and will be able to state that "Topix deletes a large number of posts of those who are vehement in attacking SHEEPLE."
Oh, I forgot, you'll change a word here and there so the Topix "machine" will not delete it.
Truth Matters, huh?

Topix deletes a large number of posts of those who are vehement in attacking SHEEPLE.
If you are addicted to Obama ASS-CRACK your post is safe regardless of whether it is vulgar, nonsensical, outright lie, or an off-topic waste of space.
Clean your cookies up and keep posting the truth.
We have to keep the Obots employed or they will go on welfare and increase the national deficit even more, Lol.
Democracynow org

Sayville, NY

#156821 May 24, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
I saw George when he was the middle entertainment at a Who and Lead Zeppelin concert in 1968. He will be missed.
Jon Stewart interviews George Carlin
http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
<quoted text>
My father died at age 78 from a stroke. He was a retired Army Colonel, had a MBA and graduate of both Boston College and the Army War College and had accomplished a lot in his lifetime. But the last few years of his life he lost a few marbles. It was sad.
When I saw George Carlin he was about thirty years old and when Jon Stewart interviewed him he was about sixty years old and still at the top of his game. But when he did his last concerts in 2007 he was seventy years old and had apparently lost a few marbles too! Sad!!!
But what is really sad, you think his off color remarks make cents!
The sad part is YOU still believe all the corporate propagandist in Rightwing media and not a truth teller like Carlin.

Sorry about your Dad. I thank him for his service.
Truth Detector

Louisville, KY

#156822 May 24, 2013
Democracynow org wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your OECD data.
It is shameful how corrupt other free societies are because of Greed.
I know it is the "SYSTEM" that is the problem and not the person.
==========
1 Timothy 6:10 / KEY WORD "LOVE".
10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
Obama the usurper is running the most corrupt pResidential Administration in US history.
This is the biggest unspoken truth in American history.
The love affair and addiction to Obama ASS-CRACK of the SHEEPLE media is over.

How long before the secrets currently being kept from the public see the light of day?

We all know why these are the FACTS
Democracynow org

Sayville, NY

#156823 May 24, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama the usurper is running the most corrupt pResidential Administration in US history.
This is the biggest unspoken truth in American history.
The love affair and addiction to Obama ASS-CRACK of the SHEEPLE media is over.
How long before the secrets currently being kept from the public see the light of day?
We all know why these are the FACTS
I believe you are mostly correct because Obama is continuing over 90% of all Bush / Cheney corrupt failed policy.

Obviously you do not have a party who represents your views.

NOT ONE Republican voted against the Resolution that states Obama was born in Hawaii.

Glen Beck, Rush Limbaugh and Fox News are liars and propagandist.

Sincerely,
Josef Goebbels

==========

Congress: Yes, Obama Was Born in Hawaii ( 378 - 0 )
July 28, 2009 / http://tinyurl.com/lhngae
Yesterday, an innocuous-sounding resolution in honor of the 50th anniversary of Hawaiian statehood came up for vote on the House floor.

The resolution from Hawaii Democrat Neil Abercrombie, which Greg Sargent first reported, included this line: "Whereas the 44th President of the United States, Barack Obama, was born in Hawaii…"

Why is that notable? Because it's just the sort of claim that angers the birthers – the movement of folks who believe, against overwhelming evidence to the contrary, that President Obama was not really born in Hawaii, and is thus not a U.S. citizen.
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/07/28/polit...
Grand Birther

United States

#156824 May 24, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Okay Tootie, where did I mention Islam, Muslims, etc.?
Og, and my point being, if Zoroastrianism came after Judaism, just how does nebka think that Judaism is based on Zoroastrianism?
Rogue Dumbarse, you've been rambling about Islam for years. No need to pretend that this is not a continuation of this years long idiotic screed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min woodtick57 1,100,172
Danger! It is horrible, rotten luck to hug a w... 18 min Preacher 3
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 26 min BoDidHe 49,477
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 58 min SpaceBlues 46,313
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Sublime1 97,932
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr voice of peace 68,367
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr JOEL 68,977
Amy 8-29 6 hr Kuuipo 13
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••