BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#156322 May 20, 2013
Justice Dale wrote:
Obama addresses Morehouse graduating student, stating they must work twice as hard as whites to achieve their goals!!! Is Obama telling these student they are not as smart as whites, I call this a slap in the face of every student at that University.
I guess this is telling the white population to slow down, if you out class the black college students it will probably be racism!!!
What a nice guy Obama is!!!! Not only does he tell the blacks of this nation that they are slow, he tell the whites to slack-off!!!
It is really too bad I didn't get that info four years ago, I might-not have retired!
Yep, "Money for nothing and my chicks for free"!
Justice ha ha Dale. What a misnomer. To be a Justice, one has to have a modicum of intelligence. You are below modicum, as you've so aptly proven time and time again.

Indeed, in this latest one, you just didn't "get" the gist of Obama's message to these college students, to wit, and take one example only, that when you are black, you start life with 2 strikes and therefore efforts have to be redoubled.

I suggest you alter your moniker to read "Dumb Dale". That should do it for now until we find something lower than "dumb". Suggestions : LRS, AkNotApilot, KFC GB, Rogue, Frank, American Pravda Lady, Rush, for starters. Oh,I believe you'd have to obtain their permission. If you do, you could, for starters, name yourself "LRS clone" which will tell you apart from the original slithering slug.

“DC Police Complaint #T14002751”

Since: Nov 08

Swift Water,NY

#156324 May 20, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Is God an abortionist?
http://reason.com/archives/2004/12/22/is-heav...
NO. God is not "an abortionist". God's motives for what he does are pure. God is the GIVER of life. Abortionists are murderers. God does not murder. Man does.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#156325 May 20, 2013
What I think is funny is that we have a noted PROGRESSIVE academic writing about politics in peer review and denying that it exists. I I first ask, why would he write such a paper, and my best guess is that people have questioned whether or not his peer reviews themselves have been tainted by his politics.
Just like Obama has been questioned about everything from his birther status to his social security number to his draft registration, etc. and all he does is say that people who make these allegations are crazy. And once a person has been declared crazy, then it is all right to ignore them regardless of the facts.
But Peer Review has implication$. Yes, it is MONEY! Once the peer review group has blessed your studies you can get funding from places like the National Science Foundation and you can go around and make $peeche$.
So, some unethical scientists gear their findings to what the peer review group likes to hear so you can get more money. That is why some politicians, like LBJ, switched from being a blatant racist, to supporting the Covol Rights and Voter Rights Acts. It is not that LBJ suddenly like black people but that he wanted their vote so he bought their vote$.

The Art of Politics of Peer Review
Jay W. Rojewski
http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/ejournals/JCTE/v20n...

Location hidden

#156326 May 20, 2013
Justice Dale wrote:
Obama addresses Morehouse graduating student, stating they must work twice as hard as whites to achieve their goals!!! Is Obama telling these student they are not as smart as whites, I call this a slap in the face of every student at that University.
I guess this is telling the white population to slow down, if you out class the black college students it will probably be racism!!!
What a nice guy Obama is!!!! Not only does he tell the blacks of this nation that they are slow, he tell the whites to slack-off!!!
It is really too bad I didn't get that info four years ago, I might-not have retired!
Yep, "Money for nothing and my chicks for free"!
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Justice ha ha Dale. What a misnomer. To be a Justice, one has to have a modicum of intelligence. You are below modicum, as you've so aptly proven time and time again.
Indeed, in this latest one, you just didn't "get" the gist of Obama's message to these college students, to wit, and take one example only, that when you are black, you start life with 2 strikes and therefore efforts have to be redoubled.
I suggest you alter your moniker to read "Dumb Dale". That should do it for now until we find something lower than "dumb". Suggestions : LRS, AkNotApilot, KFC GB, Rogue, Frank, American Pravda Lady, Rush, for starters. Oh,I believe you'd have to obtain their permission. If you do, you could, for starters, name yourself "LRS clone" which will tell you apart from the original slithering slug.
Again you attack the messenger and ignore the message. But I will make a minor correction. Obama did NOT say they had to work "twice as hard" but he did say others had said that and that is not quite the same thing. But it does imply that that is his opinion too!
Check it out on this video, picking it up at about 8:40.

President Obama's Morehouse College Commencement Speech - Part 2

But I also feel that his speech is full of racial overtones. Did Obama forget that not all of the student are BLACK? When he said that THEY looked just like HIM, was he referring to the WHITE students? Obama needs to get off the race bus and get on the people bus!!!
Democracynow org

Sayville, NY

#156327 May 20, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
"For the most part Democrats are not liberal and Republicans are not conservative". That's pretty much all I need to hear to move you into the spoon drawer. File? LMAO
Your small Republican Government is a MYTH:

12 years of Reagan/Bush and 8 years of Bush/Cheney increased the size of government with the largest deficits in history.

Enclosed is the Proof:

----------

President Ronald Reagan is the first President to increase the National Debt by more than $100 Billion in one year!

President Ronald Reagan is the first President to increase the National Debt by more than $200 Billion in one year!

President George H.W. Bush is the first President to increase the National Debt by more than $300 Billion in one year!

President George H.W. Bush is the first President to increase the National Debt by more than $400 Billion in one year!

President George W. Bush is the first President to increase the National Debt by more than $500 Billion in one year!

President George W. Bush has increased the National Debt by more than $500 Billion AGAIN! Almost hits $600 Billion!

President George W. Bush has increased the National Debt by more than $500 Billion a THIRD time!

President George W. Bush has increased the National Debt by more than $500 Billion a FOURTH time!

President George W. Bush has increased the National Debt by more than $500 Billion a FIFTH time!

"Our National Debt is up Three Trillion Dollars under George W. Bush!" / http://www.lafn.org/gvdc/Natl_Debt_Chart.html

=======

BUSH REPUBLICANS DESTROYED USA with the help of some Blue Dog Corporate Democrats!
Iraq war 'caused slowdown in the US'
February 28, 2008 / http://tinyurl.com/2r8b3k
THE Iraq war has cost the US 50-60 times more than the Bush administration predicted and was a central cause of the sub-prime banking crisis threatening the world economy, according to Nobel Prize-winning economist Joseph Stiglitz.
The former World Bank vice-president yesterday said the war had, so far, cost the US something like $US3trillion ($3.3 trillion) compared with the $US50-$US60-billion predicted in 2003.
Australia also faced a real bill much greater than the $2.2billion in military spending reported last week by Australian Defence Force chief Angus Houston, Professor Stiglitz said, pointing to higher oil prices and other indirect costs of the wars.
Professor Stiglitz told the Chatham House think tank in London that the Bush White House was currently estimating the cost of the war at about $US500 billion, but that figure massively understated things such as the medical and welfare costs of US military servicemen.
The war was now the second-most expensive in US history after World War II and the second-longest after Vietnam, he said.
The spending on Iraq was a hidden cause of the current credit crunch because the US central bank responded to the massive financial drain of the war by flooding the American economy with cheap credit.
"The regulators were looking the other way and money was being lent to anybody this side of a life-support system," he said.
That led to a housing bubble and a consumption boom, and the fallout was plunging the US economy into recession and saddling the next US president with the biggest budget deficit in history, he said.
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,...

======

Location hidden

#156328 May 20, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Is God an abortionist?
http://reason.com/archives/2004/12/22/is-heav ...
Robert Laity wrote:
<quoted text> NO. God is not "an abortionist". God's motives for what he does are pure. God is the GIVER of life. Abortionists are murderers. God does not murder. Man does.
Does God help a shoot pull the trigger? What if the shooter is an atheists, did God still help him murder someone?
I believe in divine guidance in that we all have free will and I think God is more interested in our immortal soul than our mortal bodies.
I have no idea when God puts his finger out and says that is human life and I have no idea whom He will allow into Heaven. But for some reason people like Jacques, who is an atheist, seems to think he knows what God thinks!!!
Democracynow org

Sayville, NY

#156329 May 20, 2013
Nazrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah chowderhead, The Geneva Accords do not address "illegal combatants" except to say that they are not covered under the Geneva Accords. To be covered by the Geneva Accords you first must be a "Legal Combatant" which means you 1) must represent a country and 2) be in an identifiable military uniform with rank!
Everyone of the Taliban and al Qaeda do not represent any country and they do not wear any uniform! Ergo, they are not protected by the Geneva Accords in any shape manner or form.
In other words, that guys at Harvard must have flunked out of the Geneva Accords class!
Gen. Petraeus Warns Against Using Torture
May 11, 2007 http://tinyurl.com/2gbsso
The top U.S. commander in Iraq admonished his troops regarding the results of an Army survey that found that many U.S military personnel there are willing to tolerate some torture of suspects and unwilling to report abuse by comrades.

"This fight depends on securing the population, which must understand that we -- not our enemies -- occupy the moral high ground," Army Gen. David H. Petraeus wrote in an open letter dated May 10 and posted on a military Web site.
He rejected the argument that torture is sometimes needed to quickly obtain crucial information. "Beyond the basic fact that such actions are illegal, history shows that they also are frequently neither useful nor necessary," he stated.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...

Army Field Manual 2-22.3 Human Intelligence Collector Operations
http://tinyurl.com/cfdvnt
http://www.enlisted.info/field-manuals/fm-2-2...

FM 2-22.3 (FM 34-52) HUMAN INTELLIGENCE COLLECTOR OPERATIONS
http://www.fas.org/irp/doddir/army/fm2-22-3.p...

====

Torture did not yield significant leads, officials say
Not a single significant plot was foiled as a result of Abu Zubaydah's tortured confessions, according to former senior government officials who closely followed the interrogations./ http://tinyurl.com/dec7np / March 29, 2009
WASHINGTON — When CIA officials subjected their first high-value captive, Abu Zubaydah, to waterboarding and other harsh interrogation methods, they were convinced they had in their custody an al-Qaida leader who knew details of operations yet to be unleashed, and they were facing increasing pressure from the White House to get those secrets out of him.
The methods succeeded in breaking him, and the stories he told of al-Qaida terrorism plots sent CIA officers around the globe chasing leads.
In the end, not a single significant plot was foiled as a result of Zubaydah's tortured confessions, according to former senior government officials who closely followed the interrogations. Nearly all of the leads attained through the harsh measures quickly evaporated, while most of the useful information from Zubaydah — chiefly names of al-Qaida members and associates — was obtained before waterboarding was introduced, they said. http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationw...

========

Torture doesn't work
It erodes national security and democracy.
November 14, 2007 / http://tinyurl.com/d48yoc
A morally bankrupt foreign policy. A degeneration of democratic checks and balances.
Those are just a few of the disturbing facets of the state of the US government revealed by the debates over the confirmation of Attorney General Michael Mukasey and his views on whether waterboarding constitutes torture.
But the deepest irony of the Bush administration's ambivalent stance on such medieval tactics – practiced in the name of defending national security – is that torture is not only wrong, it's also a stupid strategy that undermines the defense of democratic societies against terror.
US leaders must correct their profoundly mistaken analysis and ignorance of the lessons of history about torture. http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/1114/p09s01-coo...
Democracynow org

Sayville, NY

#156330 May 20, 2013
Nazrat wrote:
FBI agents killed in accident in Virginia Beach area
By Martin Weil, Sunday, May 19,
Two FBI agents from an elite unit based in the Northern Virginia area were killed Friday during a training exercise in the Virginia Beach area, the FBI said Sunday.
The agents were part of the FBI’s Hostage Rescue Team, which is part of the Critical Incident Response Group based at Quantico.
An FBI spokeswoman in the Norfolk area said the deaths did not involve gunfire.
WAVY-TV, citing sources, said the incident may have involved a helicopter.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-...
FBI agent John O’Neill said: All of the answers, and all of the clues allowing us to dismantle Usama bin Laden’s al Qaeda organization can be found in Saudi Arabia.

In August of 2001 FBI special agent John O’Neill complained bitterly that the United States State Department ---- and behind it the oil lobby ---- who make up President Bush’s entourage, blocked attempts to prove UBL’S guilt for the USS Cole.

The US ambassador to Yemen Republican Barbara Bodine forbade O’Neill and his FBI team from entering Yemen.
John O’Neill, a much-admired special agent, resigned in frustration with the Bush administration and took a new job as head of security at the World Trade Center.
He died in the September 11, 2001 attacks.

Location hidden

#156331 May 20, 2013
Fox News flash, DoJ has also obtained phone records and emails of Fox News reporters.

DOJ's Targeting Of Fox News Reporter James Rosen Met With Outrage - The Huffington Post | By Jack Mirkinson: Posted: 05/20/2013

A new article about how the Obama administration tracked the movements and correspondence of a Fox News reporter led to a fresh round of condemnation by journalists on Monday.

The Washington Post published an explosive story about the Justice Department's monitoring of James Rosen, a Fox News reporter based in Washington. Rosen allegedly spoke to Stephen Jin-Woo Kim, a State Department contractor, for a story about North Korea's nuclear program. The Justice Department charged Kim with violating the Espionage Act for his contact with Rosen.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/20/jame...

Location hidden

#156332 May 20, 2013
Democracynow org wrote:
<quoted text>
Your small Republican Government is a MYTH:
12 years of Reagan/Bush and 8 years of Bush/Cheney increased the size of government with the largest deficits in history.
Enclosed is the Proof:
----------
President Ronald Reagan is the first President to increase the National Debt by more than $100 Billion in one year!
President Ronald Reagan is the first President to increase the National Debt by more than $200 Billion in one year!
President George H.W. Bush is the first President to increase the National Debt by more than $300 Billion in one year!
President George H.W. Bush is the first President to increase the National Debt by more than $400 Billion in one year!
President George W. Bush is the first President to increase the National Debt by more than $500 Billion in one year!
President George W. Bush has increased the National Debt by more than $500 Billion AGAIN! Almost hits $600 Billion!
President George W. Bush has increased the National Debt by more than $500 Billion a THIRD time!
President George W. Bush has increased the National Debt by more than $500 Billion a FOURTH time!
President George W. Bush has increased the National Debt by more than $500 Billion a FIFTH time!
"Our National Debt is up Three Trillion Dollars under George W. Bush!" / http://www.lafn.org/gvdc/Natl_Debt_Chart.html
=======
BUSH REPUBLICANS DESTROYED USA with the help of some Blue Dog Corporate Democrats!
February 28, 2008 / http://tinyurl.com/2r8b3k
THE Iraq war has cost the US 50-60 times more than the Bush administration predicted and was a central cause of the sub-prime banking crisis threatening the world economy, according to Nobel Prize-winning economist Joseph Stiglitz.
The former World Bank vice-president yesterday said the war had, so far, cost the US something like $US3trillion ($3.3 trillion) compared with the $US50-$US60-billion predicted in 2003.
Australia also faced a real bill much greater than the $2.2billion in military spending reported last week by Australian Defence Force chief Angus Houston, Professor Stiglitz said, pointing to higher oil prices and other indirect costs of the wars.
Professor Stiglitz told the Chatham House think tank in London that the Bush White House was currently estimating the cost of the war at about $US500 billion, but that figure massively understated things such as the medical and welfare costs of US military servicemen.
The war was now the second-most expensive in US history after World War II and the second-longest after Vietnam, he said.
The spending on Iraq was a hidden cause of the current credit crunch because the US central bank responded to the massive financial drain of the war by flooding the American economy with cheap credit.
"The regulators were looking the other way and money was being lent to anybody this side of a life-support system," he said.
That led to a housing bubble and a consumption boom, and the fallout was plunging the US economy into recession and saddling the next US president with the biggest budget deficit in history, he said.
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,...
======
That's funny is that Reagan and Bush-41 had Democrat controlled Congresses and they had inherited Jimmy Carters recession.
Oh wow, did you notice that Obama increased the national debt in less than four years that G.W. Bush did in eight whole years?!?
Iraq war 'caused slowdown in the US'
Democracynow org

Sayville, NY

#156333 May 20, 2013
Nazrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooops.links don't work!
By the way "Dubya Bush was not a politician during Iran-Contra!
And how did Obama's IRS agent in charge of nonprofits do? Oh, she got a bonus and a promotion. And all while engaged in criminal activity!
Nope, they do work.
Nazrat

Jacksonville, FL

#156334 May 20, 2013
Nazrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah chowderhead, The Geneva Accords do not address "illegal combatants" except to say that they are not covered under the Geneva Accords. To be covered by the Geneva Accords you first must be a "Legal Combatant" which means you 1) must represent a country and 2) be in an identifiable military uniform with rank!
Everyone of the Taliban and al Qaeda do not represent any country and they do not wear any uniform! Ergo, they are not protected by the Geneva Accords in any shape manner or form.
In other words, that guys at Harvard must have flunked out of the Geneva Accords class!
Democracynow org wrote:
<quoted text>
Gen. Petraeus Warns Against Using Torture
May 11, 2007 http://tinyurl.com/2gbsso
The top U.S. commander in Iraq admonished his troops regarding the results of an Army survey that found that many U.S military personnel there are willing to tolerate some torture of suspects and unwilling to report abuse by comrades.
"This fight depends on securing the population, which must understand that we -- not our enemies -- occupy the moral high ground," Army Gen. David H. Petraeus wrote in an open letter dated May 10 and posted on a military Web site.
He rejected the argument that torture is sometimes needed to quickly obtain crucial information. "Beyond the basic fact that such actions are illegal, history shows that they also are frequently neither useful nor necessary," he stated.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...
Army Field Manual 2-22.3 Human Intelligence Collector Operations
http://tinyurl.com/cfdvnt
http://www.enlisted.info/field-manuals/fm-2-2...
FM 2-22.3 (FM 34-52) HUMAN INTELLIGENCE COLLECTOR OPERATIONS
http://www.fas.org/irp/doddir/army/fm2-22-3.p...
====
Torture did not yield significant leads, officials say
Not a single significant plot was foiled as a result of Abu Zubaydah's tortured confessions, according to former senior government officials who closely followed the interrogations./ http://tinyurl.com/dec7np / March 29, 2009
WASHINGTON — When CIA officials subjected their first high-value captive, Abu Zubaydah, to waterboarding and other harsh interrogation methods, they were convinced they had in their custody an al-Qaida leader who knew details of operations yet to be unleashed, and they were facing increasing pressure from the White House to get those secrets out of him.
The methods succeeded in breaking him, and the stories he told of al-Qaida terrorism plots sent CIA officers around the globe chasing leads.
In the end, not a single significant plot was foiled as a result of Zubaydah's tortured confessions, according to former senior government officials who closely followed the interrogations. Nearly all of the leads attained through the harsh measures quickly evaporated, while most of the useful information from Zubaydah — chiefly names of al-Qaida members and associates — was obtained before waterboarding was introduced, they said. http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationw...
========
Hey Tootzie, Just how does that rebut even one of my points? Comparing apples to oranges again.
My point was the Geneva Accords does not address "illegal combatants" except define who is, and how is not, a legal combatant!!! And if you are not a legal combatant, or a noncombatant, you are NOT protected by the Geneva Accords.
Democracynow org

Sayville, NY

#156335 May 20, 2013
<quoted text>
I repeat, Dems and Repubs are dishonest,(they have no choice, beholden as they are to their "sponsors") and work tirelessly for "me, myself and I. But I still maintain that dems do have a thought now and then for the middle class and less fortunate, proof being the social legislation that they alone have pushed and through the years. Also, let's face it, and intellectually speaking, Repubs not in the same league as Dems. And Dem politicians are more interesting, bigger patrons of the arts. That's important to me, reveals an attractive side.
If Bush Jr. was dumb then Obama is even dumber by continuing 90% of all Bush/Cheney failed policies.

Obama, no help for College loans.

Obama, no help for homeowners.

Obama, no single payer health care.

Obama, no transparency.

Obama reneged on just about every promise, even Obamacare was a Republican health care plan WITH NOT ONE REPUBLICAN VOTING FOR IT.

Which means the Democrats are center right and the Republicans are far right.

Obama did not pick even ONE LIBERAL in his cabinet.

Both Times.

==========

CCR Executive Director Vincent Warren Critical of Elena Kagan’s Nomination to the Supreme Court / http://tinyurl.com/2g3xh28
NEW YORK - May 10 - In response to President Barack Obama's nomination of Solicitor General Elena Kagan to the United States Supreme Court, Center for Constitutional Rights Executive Director Vincent Warren issued the following statement:

"When the president nominates a woman or man to sit for life on the highest court of the land, we must look seriously at the broadest and most long-term implications seating that person will have for our country. At the Center for Constitutional Rights, we have fought at the forefront to hold back presidential overreach and the dangerous growth of executive power, particularly as it concerns torture, detention, surveillance and racial profiling, areas where the government has flouted the law most blatantly over the last decade. I am sad to say that Solicitor General Elena Kagan's record indicates a troubling support for expanding presidential powers, something we must be vigilant about at this time. President Obama would appear to be seeking to appoint a Supreme Court Judge who will endorse his policies and appease conservatives. This is not the way to make a decision that will affect our nation for decades to come."

The Center for Constitutional Rights is dedicated to advancing and protecting the rights guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Founded in 1966 by attorneys who represented civil rights movements in the South, CCR is a non-profit legal and educational organization committed to the creative use of law as a positive force for social change.
http://www.ccrjustice.org/newsroom/press-rele...

=======

FBI: 80% of Fraud Attributed To Insiders Not Homeowners
The increased reliance by both financial institutions and non-financial institution lenders on third party brokers has created opportunities for organized fraud groups, particularly where mortgage industry professionals are involved. Combating significant fraud in this area is a priority, because mortgage lending and the housing market have a significant overall effect on the nation's economy. All mortgage fraud programs were recently consolidated within the Financial Institution Fraud Unit, even where the targeted
lender is not a financial institution. This consolidation provides a more effective and efficient management over mortgage fraud investigations, the ability to identify and respond more rapidly to emerging mortgage fraud problems, and a better picture of the overall mortgage fraud problem./ http://www.lvamerica.com/USApdfs/FBI.pdf
http://www.fbi.gov/publications/financial/fcs...

Democracynow org

Sayville, NY

#156336 May 20, 2013
<quoted text>
No denying that Obama/Biden did just that, L. They just followed tradition, as every other pres/vp had done in the past. Except for criticism of predecessors' policies IN GENERAL, presidents in office rarely criticize their predecessors or not at all. Otherwise, Obama could've spent months criticizing GWB's two mandates.
I repeat, Dems and Repubs are dishonest,(they have no choice, beholden as they are to their "sponsors") and work tirelessly for "me, myself and I. But I still maintain that dems do have a thought now and then for the middle class and less fortunate, proof being the social legislation that they alone have pushed and through the years. Also, let's face it, and intellectually speaking, Repubs not in the same league as Dems. And Dem politicians are more interesting, bigger patrons of the arts. That's important to me, reveals an attractive side.
Jacques, don't get fooled by the Democrats in the same way Rogue gets fooled with the Republicans.

They are work for Wall Street and talk a good game, both sides.

Unions sold out to corporate Democrats and the Tea Bags sold out to corporate Republicans.

========

Government Bailouts: A U.S. Tradition Dating to Hamilton
SEPTEMBER 20, 2008 / http://tinyurl.com/ygk788s
The bubble pops. Lenders freeze. Depositors lose faith. Panic spreads. And the government steps in because nobody else will.
Today it is Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke putting together the rescue package for a financial system rocked by falling home prices and a wave of defaults on subprime mortgages.

But a short walk through U.S. history demonstrates the point made by Alex J. Pollock of the American Enterprise Institute: "If you would like an empirical law of government behavior, it is that in a panic or threatened financial collapse, governments intervene -- every government, every party, every country, every time."
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1221866620360...

==========

-------The Tea Party sold out to Wall Street
GOP freshmen, big-bucks donors hobnob at resort
March 16, 2012 / http://tinyurl.com/85yw3o9
Sandy Adams (Fla.), Quico Canseco (Texas), Rick Crawford (Ark.), Bob Dold (Ill.), Sean Duffy (Wis.), Stephen Fincher (Tenn.), Mike Fitzpatrick (Penn.), Daniel Webster (Fla.), Mike Grimm (N.Y.), Nan Hayworth (N.Y.), Jim Renacci (Ohio) and Cory Gardner (Col).
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505267_162-573986...

=========

The Real Boston Tea Party was an Anti-Corporate Revolt
CNBC Correspondent Rick Santelli called for a "Chicago Tea Party" on Feb 19th in protesting President Obama's plan to help homeowners in trouble. Santelli's call was answered by the right-wing group FreedomWorks, which funds campaigns promoting big business interests, and is the opposite of what the real Boston Tea Party was. FreedomWorks was funded in 2004 by Dick Armey (former Republican House Majority leader & lobbyist); consolidated Citizens for a Sound Economy, funded by the Koch family; and Empower America, a lobbying firm, that had fought against healthcare and minimum-wage efforts while hailing deregulation.

Anti-tax "tea party" organizers are delivering one million tea bags to a Washington, D.C., park Wednesday morning - to promote protests across the country by people they say are fed up with high taxes and excess spending.

The real Boston Tea Party was a protest against huge corporate tax cuts for the British East India Company, the largest trans-national corporation then in existence. This corporate tax cut threatened to decimate small Colonial businesses by helping the BEIC pull a Wal-Mart against small entrepreneurial tea shops, and individuals began a revolt that kicked-off a series of events that ended in the creation of The United States of America. http://www.commondreams.org/view/2009/04/15-1...
Democracynow org

Sayville, NY

#156337 May 20, 2013
Nazrat wrote:
Nazrat wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Hey Tootzie, Just how does that rebut even one of my points? Comparing apples to oranges again.
My point was the Geneva Accords does not address "illegal combatants" except define who is, and how is not, a legal combatant!!! And if you are not a legal combatant, or a noncombatant, you are NOT protected by the Geneva Accords.
Read the Army Manuel I provided for you.

General Powell & General Petraeus understand the issues better than you.
Nazrat

Jacksonville, FL

#156338 May 20, 2013
Nazrat wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they all spin the news. In fact they often do NOT report the news as shown in the Dr. Goswell story.
Oh, and the NYT ceased being a newspaper decades ago and has been, like MSNBC, just talking points for the Progressive movement!
Nazrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, if the NYT is a real newspaper, what did they report about the Dr. Goswell trial .... before he was convicted?
Grand Birther wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, Rogue Moron is of course wrong again. Just like his fantasy that the so-called mainstream media was not covering the case, the NYT has coverage going back years. Yet another Rogue Moron fantasy comes to naught.
Here's an article from January 19, 2011.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/20/us/20doctor...
Reading comprehension problem?!? I said "trial" and that article was about the indictment!!!
As Bill Clinton told Monica, "No cigar"!
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#156339 May 20, 2013
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
So does this mean you're ready to defend your fable? Somehow I doubt it. Fale on Dufus. Fale on
Kerplunk!
Nazrat

Jacksonville, FL

#156340 May 20, 2013
Democracynow org wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the Army Manuel I provided for you.
General Powell & General Petraeus understand the issues better than you.
Generals Powell and Petraeus are both left-wing political hacks. All generals are political appointees, appointed by the president and confirmed by the Senate. As a result, some generals lean left and some right depending on who appointed them.
For an example, in 1989 Reagan appointed Powell to Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. WHY? Well, Reagan knew the Democrat controlled Senate would approve it and Reagan knew that the Chairman JofS was a dead end job.
In the end that proved to be a correct appointment as Colon was stuck i D.D. while Gen. Schwarzkopf was combate field commander in the Persian Gulf!!! If Powell had been the field commander, the war probably would not turned out very well for us.
Nazrat

Jacksonville, FL

#156341 May 20, 2013
While FDR was president, he did not like Gen MacArthur soooo he gave him the Civilian Conservation Corps to run. It was a dead end job and after a while MacArthur retired.
From Wiki:[Gen. MacArthur] retired from the U.S. Army in 1937 to become Military Advisor to the Commonwealth Government of the Philippines.

MacArthur was recalled to active duty in 1941 as commander of United States Army Forces in the Far East.
MacArthur was only recalled by FDR as FDR was in big trouble as he finally realized that war was inevitable and that Gen. Geo. Marshall wanted him.
Oh, Gen Geo. Marshall was also left of center but no so much as that he did not know who a good field commander was.
There was a lot of shuffling in 1941 and early 1942 when more CONSERVATIVE generals and admirals were advanced.
Oh, and Ike, well he too was a left of center generals and would not have been a very good combate field commanders like Patton and Bradley were. But Ike was a great logistical and planner and he was smart enough on who he picked to actually made the combat decisions.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#156342 May 20, 2013
<quoted text>
jack ha ha fish! What a fool. To be a Justice, you first must be an American (in this discussion) which you're not even close to being. Not on any level. Think of it this way, you're simply not American material! LMAO!

And looky who is talking about changing monikers! LMAO! You are the puppetmaster, jackfish. I see you're still making your racist views known to everyone. Nice. Very nice. I bet you believe every word that comes out of Obumbler's mouth, don't you? Isn't it amazing how Obumbler has all the answers, that is, until he is asked a direct and simple question! What a fool your parents had. squidboy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Barack Hussein Obola 1,124,301
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 min grave digger 47,471
Abby 10-20 48 min edogxxx 2
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 50 min Boy G 50,582
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Eric 69,951
IL: Police: Man Fires Assault Rifle at Chicago ... 2 hr hands on AR 3
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 2 hr commies are blue 16
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]