BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#156065 May 17, 2013
Another example of the press turning on Obama!!!

WOODWARD COMPARES BENGHAZI TO WATERGATE

Bob Woodward appeared on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" this Friday morning and, in stark contrast to his less-concerned Watergate colleague Carl Bernstein, he admonished the show's hosts to "not dismiss Benghazi" and compared the White House's behavior over CIA/State Department talking points with President Nixon's handling of edited transcripts of taped conversations in the oval office.
by LARRY O'CONNOR
Ellen1

Arlington, MA

#156066 May 17, 2013
Grand Birther wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a lot of common sense though, kind of like this guy.
SHEEPLE rely on their feelings to ascertain as fact that Obama is U.S.-born.
“This is the strangest thing…the pResident has never produced evidence in the face of substantial evidence he was not born in our country,” said Judge Moore.
That is precisely why I am a birther.
C'mon sweet home Alabama!
Funny how you FAILED to address the point made that the pResident has never produced evidence in the face of substantial evidence he was not born in our country, huh?
But we understand WoTARD!
There is NO evidence that Obama was born in any country than the USA.

For Obama to have been born in a foreign country:

(1) Obama’s relatives would have had to have been rich enough (and they weren’t. In 1961 Obama’s grandfather was a furniture salesman, and his grandmother was a low-level employee in a bank, and his father went from Kenya to Hawaii on a free flight) and dumb enough to send their daughter at high risk of stillbirth to a foreign country to give birth—-—despite there being fine hospitals in Hawaii;

(2) Obama’s mother would have had to have traveled overseas ALONE (since WND has proven with a FOI Act request that Obama senior stayed in Hawaii throughout 1961) and somehow got Obama back to the USA without getting him entered on her US passport or getting a visa for him (which would have had to have been applied for in a US consulate in that country and the records would still exist);

(3) got the officials in Hawaii to record his birth in Hawaii despite (as birthers claim) his being born in another country and somehow got the teacher who wrote home to her father, named Stanley, about the birth in Hawaii of a child to a woman named Stanley to lie (and since the woman’s father’s name really was Stanley, she would have had to have found one of the very few women with fathers of that name to do it).

If you sincerely believe that Obama could have been born in a foreign country, then you could answer all three points. For Obama to have been born in a foreign country, all three would have had to have happened.

So, the question is, what are the chances that all three happened?

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#156067 May 17, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Another example of the press turning on Obama!!!
WOODWARD COMPARES BENGHAZI TO WATERGATE
Bob Woodward appeared on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" this Friday morning and, in stark contrast to his less-concerned Watergate colleague Carl Bernstein, he admonished the show's hosts to "not dismiss Benghazi" and compared the White House's behavior over CIA/State Department talking points with President Nixon's handling of edited transcripts of taped conversations in the oval office.
by LARRY O'CONNOR
Note : " in stark contrast to his less-concerned Watergate colleague Carl Bernstein,".§o they don't see eye-to-eye on this. Okay,

I wonder how Woodward can compare Watergate with Benghazi. In Watergate, there was INTENTIONAL wrongdoing. Then the coverup, why, the AG. Mitchell, even went to jail (The AG for god's sake, the one who's supposed to uphold the law) along with both Erlichman and Alderman, Nixon's two closest domestic and foreign relations aides. And others. Never an administration this crooked before. Benghazi and Watergate are similar? Gotta be kidding. In Benghazi, there was no intentional wrongdoing. Mistakes perhaps, but no one planned the attack. The four Americans were killed by the enemy, not by allies. As to coverup in this one, we'll see, nothing concrete yet and if there is a coverup, will Obama have been involved? I see bad handling, awkward declarations, but I don't see a coverup - but again, let's see, that's just me. What is there to cover up? The Cultural Centre was attacked by terrorists, seems like a good number of them too - would a few extra bodyguards have made that much difference? Did that not happen in a hostile environment and on September 11 - do I detect a coincidence here? What the hell is he cultural centre open anyhow in such an environment? Why was the Ambassador there in the first place? Showcasing American culture? Yeah. Should the Ambassador not have used better judgement?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#156068 May 17, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you calling NASA-MSFC liars? Or just those funded by Evil BIG OIL companies? As if funding by loony-left sources are are scientific!!!
How about world renowned Dr. William M. Gray who thinks you are full of sh*t???
<quoted text>
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Gray's misconceptions about climate change are not respected due to lack of scientific rigor.
http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives...
"For years, perhaps decades, Gray has been ascribing all sorts of climate changes and hurricane cycles to fluctuations in the Thermohaline Circulation (THC), an overturning circulation in the Atlantic ocean associated with formation of deep water in the North Atlantic. None of the assertions are based on rigorous statistical associations, oceanographic observations or physically based simulations; it is all seat-of -the-pants stuff of a sort that was common in the early days of climate studies, but which is difficult to evaluate when viewed as a scientific hypothesis."
" The THC is undoubtedly important to climate, because it transports heat from one place to another. However it cannot do magical things. It cannot created energy out of thin air (or thick water), nor can it make energy mysteriously disappear. Thus, Gray’s statement that 'The average THC circulation cools the ocean by about 3 W/m2' is a scientific absurdity."
"Confronted with evidence that the THC was in fact behaving in the opposite way to what he had been assuming, Gray did a flip-flop and came up with a new story that yields the same conclusions. There’s no shame in a scientist changing his or her mind, or in seeking new theories in the face of new observations. However, if Gray’s old theory was really testable, where were the tests to show that it was wrong in the years he was touting it? How is one to put any confidence in the new theory? The fact is that neither of Gray’s story lines about the THC is sufficiently well formulated to allow any clear-cut test. Nonetheless, insofar as it can be understood at all, some aspects of Gray’s new story line about the THC are demonstrably wrong."
Ah Chowderhead, The National Hurricane Center agrees with Dr. Gray.
NOAA raises hurricane season prediction despite expected El Niño
http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2012/2012...
One of the major factors in climate change (little "c"s) is the El Nino Oscillation and has about 400 years of documentation to back it up.
It is a factor virtually every place on our globe. From droughts and floods in Australia, Africa and South America and the Northern Hemisphere.
Why do you think Florida got hit with seven hurricanes between 2004-2006 but none since? They had a Super El Nino in 2004-06 but only a few minor El Ninos since then.
Yes, we know that El Nino Oscillations, volcanic activity and SOLAR ACTIVITY affect Earth's climate changes. Get over it and get a brain!!!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#156069 May 17, 2013
Australia and New Zealand are very much affected by the El Nino Southern Oscillations in the Pacific. During an El Nino weather in New Zealand are in drought except for western Australia which is has it's floods. During a La Nina N.Z. and Australia have their floods while western Australia is in drought.
The people of N.Z. and Australia know that!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Soi.svg

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#156070 May 17, 2013
Bill Clinton will be remembered as the president between two Bushs.

Jokes are flying about Clintons''Hillbilly' airport
BY MARIANNE GARVEY AND BRIAN NIEMIETZ / PUBLISHED: APRIL 22, 2013

The LIttle Rock, Ark., airport is being renamed after Hillary and Bill Clinton, and locals are excited.

The new Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport in Little Rock, Ark., will hold a dedication ceremony May 3 featuring the former President and his wife and ex- Secretary of State — but there’s just one problem for the snazzy new airport.
“Locals are calling it the Hillbilly Airport,” one insider tells Confidenti@l.“And project managers certainly don’t want an airport named after our President called Hillbilly. In the South. How does that look to the world?”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/goss...

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#156071 May 17, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Bill Clinton will be remembered as the president between two Bushs.
Jokes are flying about Clintons''Hillbilly' airport
BY MARIANNE GARVEY AND BRIAN NIEMIETZ / PUBLISHED: APRIL 22, 2013
The LIttle Rock, Ark., airport is being renamed after Hillary and Bill Clinton, and locals are excited.
The new Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport in Little Rock, Ark., will hold a dedication ceremony May 3 featuring the former President and his wife and ex- Secretary of State — but there’s just one problem for the snazzy new airport.
“Locals are calling it the Hillbilly Airport,” one insider tells Confidenti@l.“And project managers certainly don’t want an airport named after our President called Hillbilly. In the South. How does that look to the world?”
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/goss...
The term "Hillbilly" is pejorative and is mostly associated with tea partyers, birthers and Joe Arpaio and his stick-horses posse LMAO (LRS tm reg'd). Say what you want about the Clintons, they are both, intellectually, way above average and anything but hillbillies. Those making those sad jokes ARE the hillbillies , from the same gene pot, thigh slappers, wot?

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#156073 May 17, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>

Ah Chowderhead, The National Hurricane Center agrees with Dr. Gray.
<quoted text>
No they don't.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#156075 May 17, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you calling NASA-MSFC liars? Or just those funded by Evil BIG OIL companies? As if funding by loony-left sources are are scientific!!!
How about world renowned Dr. William M. Gray who thinks you are full of sh*t???
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Ah Chowderhead, The National Hurricane Center agrees with Dr. Gray.
<quoted text>
Please point to an official statement by the National Hurricane Center that human activity does not significantly contribute to climate change.

UR FOS.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#156076 May 17, 2013
libTARDED dwIdioTs ...
[like jockitch & co.]

"are" a MORE "destructive" FORCE
on America
than ANY hurricane ...
has EVER been!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#156077 May 17, 2013
Someone has told me that menopause is mentioned in the
bible.. Is that true? Where is it?

Yes. Matthew 14:92:
"And Mary rode Joseph's ass all the way to Egypt ..."

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#156078 May 17, 2013
NAVY SEALS

Think long and hard about this! The video is ONLY FIFTY SECONDS.

ALL of us HAVE THE TIME to watch !!!!

I hope the audio works for you. This is a powerful message.

If you want to know how the Special Forces and the military feel about Benghazi and Obama, take a look at this 50-second video !!

Short and to-the-point.
http://blustream.sendvideo.net/stw/...

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#156079 May 17, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Please point to an official statement by the National Hurricane Center that human activity does not significantly contribute to climate change.
UR FOS.
Typical Libtardian Logic. Please point to anything Dr. James Hansen has ever said that minor Global Warming is NOT caused by our Sun!
Oh, mankind does cause minot climate change,,,,, in our Urban Heat Island BIG Cities!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#156080 May 17, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Please point to an official statement by the National Hurricane Center that human activity does not significantly contribute to climate change.
UR FOS.
Sorry, I was a little sarcastic but I don't understand why someone who claims to be as educated as you are could possible be that stupid.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#156081 May 17, 2013
Ellen1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is NO evidence that Obama was born in any country than the USA.
For Obama to have been born in a foreign country:
(1) Obama’s relatives would have had to have been rich enough (and they weren’t. In 1961 Obama’s grandfather was a furniture salesman, and his grandmother was a low-level employee in a bank, and his father went from Kenya to Hawaii on a free flight) and dumb enough to send their daughter at high risk of stillbirth to a foreign country to give birth—-—despite there being fine hospitals in Hawaii;
(2) Obama’s mother would have had to have traveled overseas ALONE (since WND has proven with a FOI Act request that Obama senior stayed in Hawaii throughout 1961) and somehow got Obama back to the USA without getting him entered on her US passport or getting a visa for him (which would have had to have been applied for in a US consulate in that country and the records would still exist);
(3) got the officials in Hawaii to record his birth in Hawaii despite (as birthers claim) his being born in another country and somehow got the teacher who wrote home to her father, named Stanley, about the birth in Hawaii of a child to a woman named Stanley to lie (and since the woman’s father’s name really was Stanley, she would have had to have found one of the very few women with fathers of that name to do it).
If you sincerely believe that Obama could have been born in a foreign country, then you could answer all three points. For Obama to have been born in a foreign country, all three would have had to have happened.
So, the question is, what are the chances that all three happened?
Ah, his birth certificate says he isn't!
http://alohareporter.com/wp-content/uploads/2...

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#156082 May 17, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Bill Clinton will be remembered as the president between two Bushs.
Jokes are flying about Clintons''Hillbilly' airport
BY MARIANNE GARVEY AND BRIAN NIEMIETZ / PUBLISHED: APRIL 22, 2013
The LIttle Rock, Ark., airport is being renamed after Hillary and Bill Clinton, and locals are excited.
The new Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport in Little Rock, Ark., will hold a dedication ceremony May 3 featuring the former President and his wife and ex- Secretary of State — but there’s just one problem for the snazzy new airport.
“Locals are calling it the Hillbilly Airport,” one insider tells Confidenti@l.“And project managers certainly don’t want an airport named after our President called Hillbilly. In the South. How does that look to the world?”
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/goss ...
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
The term "Hillbilly" is pejorative and is mostly associated with tea partyers, birthers and Joe Arpaio and his stick-horses posse LMAO (LRS tm reg'd). Say what you want about the Clintons, they are both, intellectually, way above average and anything but hillbillies. Those making those sad jokes ARE the hillbillies , from the same gene pot, thigh slappers, wot?
There are a lot of pejoratives which as NOT pejoratives when called by a person of the same race to another of his race. An example is an Hawaiian who calls another Hawaiian a "Pineapple"! And it is okay for someone from the hills of Arkansas to call another person from the hills a "Hillbilly". So, if they want to call Bill and Hillary "Hillbillies", it is okay by me! But it is also okay for me to laugh at it!

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#156083 May 17, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
NAVY SEALS
Think long and hard about this! The video is ONLY FIFTY SECONDS.
ALL of us HAVE THE TIME to watch !!!!
I hope the audio works for you. This is a powerful message.
If you want to know how the Special Forces and the military feel about Benghazi and Obama, take a look at this 50-second video !!
Short and to-the-point.
http://blustream.sendvideo.net/stw/...
Shame on you. Subjective, extreme right-wing malcontent. How'd Obama, pray tell, got a seal killed in Benghazi? Tell us as you appear to hang on every word word this loudmouth has to utter. Yes, tell us how Obama is responsible for this seal's death - and the other 3.

Your knee-jerk hero seems to think that the US got rid of Osama bin Laden for Obama's sake. Get this straight, Rogue the armed forces of the US, and, for that matter, any country on this globe are at the behest and service of its head of state. In this case, Obama did GWB's job as he was distracted by Iraq. You hate Obama so much that you've said he didn't have anything to do in the killing of Bin Laden as he did not personally head the mission. How hateful and ignorant of the chain of command. And you were an officer? Sorry, I don't think so.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#156084 May 17, 2013
The terms "La Nina" (the girl) and "El Nino" (the boy) were made up by the coastal peoples of Peru and Chile to describe the weather patterns off the coast. During a La Nina the weather is calmer and the fishing good whereas in an El Nino the weather is stormy and fishing poorer. This has been documented for at least 400 years now.
It is only in our past century that we have become to associate La Ninas and El Ninos with our weather patterns. Especially hurricanes.
La Niña, El Niño, and Atlantic Hurricane Damages in the United States
Roger A. Pielke, Jr. and Christopher W. Landsea

Abstract

Hurricanes result in considerable damage in the United States. Previous work has shown that Atlantic hurricane landfalls in the United States have a strong relationship with the El Niño-Southern Oscillation phenomena. This paper compares the historical record of La Niña and El Niño events defined by eastern Pacific sea surface temperature with a dataset of hurricane losses normalized to 1997 values. A significant relationship is found between the ENSO cycle and U.S. hurricane losses, with La Niña years exhibiting much more damage. Used appropriately, this relationship is of potential value to decision makers who are able to manage risk based on probabilistic information.
http://www.aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/Landsea/lanina/

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#156085 May 17, 2013
Naw, Dr. James Hansen is not worried about his legacy! Then why is he trying to defend his opinions now? There is a lot on contradicting data that shows we have been in Global Cooling for about a dozen years not and if anyone is in De Nile (all wet), it is he!

Global warming has not stalled, insists world's best-known climate scientist
Prof James Hansen warns public not to be fooled by 'diversionary tactic' from deniers
Share
James Hansen:'The deniers want the public to be confused.' Photograph: Murdo Macleod for the Guardian
Suggestions that global warming has stalled are a "diversionary tactic" from "deniers" who want the public to be confused over climate change, according to the world's best-known climate scientist. Prof James Hansen, who first alerted the world to climate change in 1988, said on Friday: "It is not true that the temperature has not changed in the two decades."

Since 1998, when the Niño climate phenomenon caused global temperatures to soar, the rate of increase in warming has slowed, causing some sceptics to suggest climate change has stopped or that the effect of rising carbon dioxide levels on climate is not as great as previously thought.

Prof Hansen, speaking to BBC Radio 4's Today programme, rejected both arguments. "In the last decade it has warmed only a tenth of a degree compared to two-tenths of a degree in the preceeding decade, but that's just natural variability. There is no reason to be surprised by that at all," he said. "If you look over a 30-40 year period the expected warming is two-tenths of a degree per decade, but that doesn't mean each decade is going to warm two-tenths of a degree: there is too much natural variability."

Prof Hansen said the focus by some on "details" was a smokescreen. "This is a diversionary tactic. Our understanding of global warming and human-made climate change has not been affected at all," he said. "It's because the deniers [of the science] want the public to be confused. They raise these minor issues and then we forget about what the main story is. The main story is carbon dioxide is going up and it is going to produce a climate which is going to have dramatic changes if we don't begin to reduce our emissions." In 2008, scientists anticipated an upcoming slowing in temperature rises.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2013/ma...

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#156086 May 17, 2013
Actually it was in 2006 but it was 2008 when all of these scientist started to write about it!
When was National Geographics last survey of Mount Kilimanjaro? 2006!(last report written in 2007) When did the NSIDC (UC @ Boulder) stop posting data on Antarctica? 2008! When did Dr. James Hansen stopped using the term "Global Warming" and start to call it "Climate Change"? 2008! Why?!? Because he knew the gig was up!!!

"In 2008, scientists anticipated an upcoming slowing in temperature rises."
In 2008, scientists anticipated an upcoming slowing in temperature rises.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min RealDave 1,128,956
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 min PEllen 98,529
Abby 10-30 6 min Sublime1 5
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 33 min Poof1 50,750
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr RJS 7,829
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Eric 70,140
Weekend violence in Chicago: 4 dead, 35 wounded 1 hr reality is a crutch 6
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]