BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Read more

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#156092 May 17, 2013
Was Dr. Wlm Gray Censored? Libtards have a nasty habit of turning on anyone they disagree with. If you disagree, you do not have the w right to speak!

Storm subsides between William Gray, Colorado State
Storm subsides between William Gray, CSU
Hurricane forecaster says his dispute with school focused on global warming debate
By Eric Berger | April 28, 2008

By pioneering the science of seasonal hurricane forecasting, William Gray turned a university far from the stormy seas into a hurricane research mecca.

But last year, the long-term relationship between Gray and Colorado State University, where he has worked for nearly half a century, nearly unraveled in an episode that highlights the politically charged atmosphere that surrounds the global warming debate.

University officials told Gray that handling media inquiries related to his forecasting required too much time and detracted from efforts to promote other professors' work.

'A flimsy excuse'
Gray, who has emerged as a leading voice of skepticism about global warming, reacted hotly, firing off a memo to Dick Johnson, head of CSU's Department of Atmospheric Sciences, and others. He didn't buy the too-much-media reasoning.
"This is obviously a flimsy excuse and seems to me to be a cover for the Department's capitulation to the desires of some (in their own interest) who want to reign (sic) in my global warming and global warming-hurricane criticisms," Gray wrote in the memo, obtained by the Chronicle.

Gray initially declined to speak about the issue, but on Tuesday Gray acknowledged the dispute.

"You see, so many people in our department make a living off the global warming threat," he said. "So I think that's part of why they came to me."

CSU officials said late last week that they intend to support the release of Gray's forecasts as long as they continue to be co-authored by Phil Klotzbach, a former student of Gray's who earned his doctorate last summer, and as long as Klotzbach remains at CSU.

Gray, an emeritus professor at CSU who has taught dozens of graduate students who populate the National Hurricane Center and other research institutions, has become increasingly vocal in saying the planet is warming due to natural causes.

"Bill Gray has come under a lot of fire for his views," said Channel 11 meteorologist Neil Frank, a former director of the National Hurricane Center and a friend of Gray's. "If, indeed, this is happening, it would be really sad that Colorado State is trying to rein in Bill Gray."

The dean of CSU's College of Engineering, which oversees atmospheric sciences, said she spoke with Gray about terminating media support for his forecasts solely because of the strain it placed on the college's lone media staffer.

"It really has nothing to do with his stand on global warming," said the dean, Sandra Woods. "He's a great faculty member."

A professor of public relations at Boston University, Donald Wright, questioned why the university would want to pull back its support for Gray after he has published his forecasts for a quarter-century.

The predictions are printed in newspapers around the U.S. and on the World Wide Web.

"Given the national reputation that these reports have, you would think the university would want to continue to promote these forecasts," Wright said.

Tension with scientists
There also seems to be little question that prominent climate scientists have complained to CSU about Gray, who has become more involved in the global warming debate. His comments toward adversaries often have been biting.
In 2005, when Georgia Tech scientist Peter Webster co-authored a paper suggesting global warming had caused a spike in major hurricanes, for instance, Gray labeled him and others "medicine men" who were misleading the public.

Webster said he complained to Johnson, Gray's supervisor.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#156093 May 17, 2013
"My only conversation with Dick Johnson, which followed a rather nasty series of jabs from Gray, suggested that Bill should be persuaded to lay off the personal and stay scientific," Webster said.

eric.berger@chron.com

http://www.chron.com/news/nation-world/articl...
wojar

Bristol, CT

#156094 May 17, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr. Gray is considered to be THE world authority on Hurricanes. At least I refer to Dr. James Hansen and Dr. Michael Mann by their titles. Can't you do the same for Dr. Gray?
<quoted text>
The hurricane expert is a duck out of water when it comes to climate change. His opinions lack scientific rigor. He's probably going senile.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Hansen has nothing to do with your bogus claim that Nat. Hurricane Center agrees with your hero Bill Gray.
<quoted text>

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#156095 May 17, 2013
Federal Court Slams Obama’s Abuse Of Constitution
MAY 17, 2013 BY BREAKING NEWS

WASHINGTON — A second federal appeals court has found that President Barack Obama exceeded his power when he bypassed the Senate to install a member to the National Labor Relations Board.

The ruling by the 3rd Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals in Philadelphia came on the same day that a Senate panel considered a slate of five nominees for full terms on the labor board. Senate Republicans said Thursday they would oppose two of the nominees — Sharon Block and Richard Griffin — because they currently sit on the board as recess appointments.
In its 2-1 decision ruling, the appeals court said that under the Constitution recess appointments can be made only between sessions of the Senate, not any time the Senate is away on a break.
The court’s action mirrors a far-reaching ruling by the U.S. Court of Appeals in Washington, D.C., earlier this year. The Obama administration has appealed that ruling to the Supreme Court, arguing that such an interpretation would invalidate hundreds of recess appointments made by presidents over more than 100 years.
The latest ruling says Obama had no constitutional authority to install attorney Craig Becker to the labor board in 2010 while the Senate was adjourned for two weeks. Becker is no longer on the board.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#156096 May 17, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Federal Court Slams Obama’s Abuse Of Constitution
MAY 17, 2013 BY BREAKING NEWS
WASHINGTON — A second federal appeals court has found that President Barack Obama exceeded his power when he bypassed the Senate to install a member to the National Labor Relations Board.
The ruling by the 3rd Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals in Philadelphia came on the same day that a Senate panel considered a slate of five nominees for full terms on the labor board. Senate Republicans said Thursday they would oppose two of the nominees — Sharon Block and Richard Griffin — because they currently sit on the board as recess appointments.
In its 2-1 decision ruling, the appeals court said that under the Constitution recess appointments can be made only between sessions of the Senate, not any time the Senate is away on a break.
The court’s action mirrors a far-reaching ruling by the U.S. Court of Appeals in Washington, D.C., earlier this year. The Obama administration has appealed that ruling to the Supreme Court, arguing that such an interpretation would invalidate hundreds of recess appointments made by presidents over more than 100 years.
The latest ruling says Obama had no constitutional authority to install attorney Craig Becker to the labor board in 2010 while the Senate was adjourned for two weeks. Becker is no longer on the board.
Ho hum, yawn. Slow Obama-bashing day? Still about 210 minutes to go in the day. Got any more minute anti-Obama insignificances to report?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#156097 May 17, 2013
Now Jacques, Here is another example of a loony-righty parsing the truth. Sure, a Marine may not carry an umbrella.... but in this case I have no problem as the umbrella is not being used by the Marine for himself.
With all the real issues out there he has to bring up a non-issue.
Now when Hillary ordered a Secret Service agent to carry her bags, that is a totally different issue as he can not do his duty to "protect" the First Lady if his hands are full of bags!!!
Oh, Jimmy Carter use to be seen carrying his own bags when getting on and off Air Force/ Marine One. But what most people did not know was that the suitcases were ... empty. it was all for show!

Obama makes U.S. Marine break military rules
Posted on May 17, 2013

This just shows the utter contempt that Obama has for the military.
Check it out:

Even though he is the commander in chief, there are some orders that even President Obama cannot give – as he found out today, much to the mirth of a put-upon U.S. Marine.

Hosting Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan in the Rose Garden today, the president requested a standing Marine to open an umbrella and protect his head from the light rain that was falling.

However, according to Marine Corps regulations, not even the President of the United States can request a serving officer to carry an umbrella without the express permission of the Commandant of the Marine Corps.

Read more: http://conservativebyte.com/2013/05/obama-mak...

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#156098 May 17, 2013
Secret Service Hated Jimmy Carter
Thursday, 06 Aug 2009 By Jim Meyers

"At the same time, Carter tried to project an image of himself as man of the people by carrying his own luggage when traveling. But that was often for show. When he was a candidate in 1976, Carter would carry his own bags when the press was around but ask the Secret Service to carry them the rest of the time."

On one occasion, disgruntled agents deliberately left Carter's luggage in the trunk of his car at an airport, and Carter "was without clothes for two days."

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/carter-kes...
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#156099 May 17, 2013
It has been a custom for a long time for the outgoing First Lady to introduce the incoming First Lady to the White House House keep staff and tour her around the White House. In the past fifty years only twice was this courtesy not observed.
When the Carters were leaving the White House, First Lady Rosalynn Carter refused to show Nancy Reagan around. And Jacqueline Kennedy did not show Lady Bird around but under those circumstances I do not fault Mrs. Kennedy.
Grand Birther

Cleveland, OH

#156100 May 17, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
It has been a custom for a long time for the outgoing First Lady to introduce the incoming First Lady to the White House House keep staff and tour her around the White House. In the past fifty years only twice was this courtesy not observed.
When the Carters were leaving the White House, First Lady Rosalynn Carter refused to show Nancy Reagan around. And Jacqueline Kennedy did not show Lady Bird around but under those circumstances I do not fault Mrs. Kennedy.
Pretty sad to watch a rambling old tool like Rogue Moron stuck in the past like this.

“Reduce immigration levels”

Since: Dec 06

Kings Mountain, NC

#156101 May 17, 2013
Texas Lawmakers Debate “Birther” Bill
&fe ature=player_embedded

MSNBC “Report” On Natural Born Citizen
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

IRS official Lerner speedily approved exemption for Obama brother’s ‘charity’
http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/14/irs-officia...
Tm Clmns

Victoria, Canada

#156102 May 17, 2013
ace wrote:
ILLEGAL ALIEN , kenya
You don't deserve someone this good.

You deserve a drunk Texan lawyer....
Frank

Spokane, WA

#156103 May 17, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Ho hum, yawn. Slow Obama-bashing day? Still about 210 minutes to go in the day. Got any more minute anti-Obama insignificances to report?
Obama is a lying hypocrite,he went to Maryland today to talk about jobs,when in fact he is anti jobs. Obama has been blaming other people for his own policies that have caused scandals. Obama doesn't care about the best interests of this country,he only cares about his personal agenda.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#156104 May 17, 2013
Fed Up wrote:
Texas Lawmakers Debate “Birther” Bill
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =wtXVyU2onBEXX&feature=pla yer_embedded
MSNBC “Report” On Natural Born Citizen
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
IRS official Lerner speedily approved exemption for Obama brother’s ‘charity’
http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/14/irs-officia...
Thank You Fed Up :)
Passing it on ...

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#156105 May 17, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Now Jacques, Here is another example of a loony-righty parsing the truth. Sure, a Marine may not carry an umbrella.... but in this case I have no problem as the umbrella is not being used by the Marine for himself.
With all the real issues out there he has to bring up a non-issue.
Now when Hillary ordered a Secret Service agent to carry her bags, that is a totally different issue as he can not do his duty to "protect" the First Lady if his hands are full of bags!!!
Oh, Jimmy Carter use to be seen carrying his own bags when getting on and off Air Force/ Marine One. But what most people did not know was that the suitcases were ... empty. it was all for show!
Obama makes U.S. Marine break military rules
Posted on May 17, 2013
This just shows the utter contempt that Obama has for the military.
Check it out:
Even though he is the commander in chief, there are some orders that even President Obama cannot give – as he found out today, much to the mirth of a put-upon U.S. Marine.
Hosting Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan in the Rose Garden today, the president requested a standing Marine to open an umbrella and protect his head from the light rain that was falling.
However, according to Marine Corps regulations, not even the President of the United States can request a serving officer to carry an umbrella without the express permission of the Commandant of the Marine Corps.
Read more: http://conservativebyte.com/2013/05/obama-mak...
Ho hum, yawn. Slow Obama-bashing day? How do you find these stupid little reports, Rogue? Tell the truth, do you google stuff like "various things that Obama did wrong today, anything, doesn't have to be true or confirmed"?

And I was right. You said you were an officer. False. Proof? You don't know the chain of command. You wrote : "not even the President of the United States can request a serving officer to carry an umbrella without the express permission of the Commandant of the Marine Corps." How silly of you. You, a so-called veteran officer, you don't know that Obama, being the commander in chief, outranks the commandant of the Marine Corps"? Suffice to say, you just struck out...again.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#156106 May 17, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Secret Service Hated Jimmy Carter
Thursday, 06 Aug 2009 By Jim Meyers
"At the same time, Carter tried to project an image of himself as man of the people by carrying his own luggage when traveling. But that was often for show. When he was a candidate in 1976, Carter would carry his own bags when the press was around but ask the Secret Service to carry them the rest of the time."
On one occasion, disgruntled agents deliberately left Carter's luggage in the trunk of his car at an airport, and Carter "was without clothes for two days."
Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/carter-kes...
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!
This is, minimum,, 3rd time you've posted this bullsh*t, as reported by newsmax.com ? Newsmax.com ? That tea part crap?

Agree or disagree with Jimmy Carter all you like, the man was honest, was a true sincere religious man, the only such president as far as I know, was and is gracious and extremely generous with his time (Habitat, etc). That you would delight in posting calumny and crappy newsmax.com reports does not honour you one but. Jimmy Carter exited in 1970. Leave him be.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#156107 May 17, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
It has been a custom for a long time for the outgoing First Lady to introduce the incoming First Lady to the White House House keep staff and tour her around the White House. In the past fifty years only twice was this courtesy not observed.
When the Carters were leaving the White House, First Lady Rosalynn Carter refused to show Nancy Reagan around. And Jacqueline Kennedy did not show Lady Bird around but under those circumstances I do not fault Mrs. Kennedy.
Surely you ARE senile. Third or fourth time you've posted this calumnious clothesline gossip, and hell, Kennedy was 50 BLOODY YEARS AGO and Carter 33 YEARS AGO. Not unlike Clinton's appendage, you just can't let go, can you?

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#156109 May 17, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Obama is a lying hypocrite,he went to Maryland today to talk about jobs,when in fact he is anti jobs. Obama has been blaming other people for his own policies that have caused scandals. Obama doesn't care about the best interests of this country,he only cares about his personal agenda.
WND.COM AND FOXNEWS BREAKING NEWS. SECRET DIALOGUE BETWEEN PRESIDENT OBAMA AND HIS LABOUR SECRETARY :

LABOUR SEC : "Mr. President, I have a plan to create more jobs"
OBAMA : "Forget it, I don't want to create jobs for Americans"
LABOUR SEC : "But, Mr President, we have to fire up the economy, gets banks to loan to job creators, do some make-work projects, get the unemployment numbers down";
Obama : "You don't get it, butt flapper. I'm a communist Muslim and my goal is to bankrupt this country . Why? Because I hate it. "

This should excite the tea party and birther gangs.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#156110 May 17, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
This is, minimum,, 3rd time you've posted this bullsh*t, as reported by newsmax.com ? Newsmax.com ? That tea part crap?
Agree or disagree with Jimmy Carter all you like, the man was honest, was a true sincere religious man, the only such president as far as I know, was and is gracious and extremely generous with his time (Habitat, etc). That you would delight in posting calumny and crappy newsmax.com reports does not honour you one but. Jimmy Carter exited in 1970. Leave him be.
Typo. exited in 1980 - stepped down Jan 1981
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#156111 May 17, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Shame on you. Subjective, extreme right-wing malcontent. How'd Obama, pray tell, got a seal killed in Benghazi? Tell us as you appear to hang on every word word this loudmouth has to utter. Yes, tell us how Obama is responsible for this seal's death - and the other 3.
Your knee-jerk hero seems to think that the US got rid of Osama bin Laden for Obama's sake. Get this straight, Rogue the armed forces of the US, and, for that matter, any country on this globe are at the behest and service of its head of state. In this case, Obama did GWB's job as he was distracted by Iraq. You hate Obama so much that you've said he didn't have anything to do in the killing of Bin Laden as he did not personally head the mission. How hateful and ignorant of the chain of command. And you were an officer? Sorry, I don't think so.
I'll take the word of a SEAL over your word any day of the week! What a laughing stock you've turned out to be, jackfish! LMAO!
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#156112 May 17, 2013
Grand Birther wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty sad to watch a rambling old tool like Rogue Moron stuck in the past like this.
Nah, what's really and truly sad is watching this corrupt and incompetent administration screw up everything it touches. That's sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min woodtick57 1,206,475
Emanuel says Chicagoa s financial crisis was 30... 3 min reality is a crutch 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 min PEllen 99,303
Ask Amy 3-29-15 23 min PEllen 1
Abby 3-29-15 25 min PEllen 1
Ask Amy 3-28-15 54 min Pippa 3
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 52,287
Amy 3-26 22 hr RACE 60
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]