BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#155697 May 14, 2013
LRS wrote:
Carney is a joke and is full of BS!
Hummmm, Dirty Hairy Reid had has just commented on the AP phone calls and has denounced the Obama administration.

Location hidden

#155698 May 14, 2013
Hummmm, if the AP article was last Fall, just why did the FBI subpoena just the past few months and not last Fall's?

Location hidden

#155699 May 14, 2013
Hummm, in early 1963 my dad sold Billy our house in El Paso, TX. We were on orders to Fort Rucker, AL and no one would buy our house so dad had a private meeting with him and explained our situation and it bought our house at 9947 Falkirk Dr.
Three years later we had moved to Fort Leavenworth, KS and old Billy was in the Federal Pen at Leavenworth! You would have thought that his buddy LBJ would have pardoned him!

Flamboyant Texas swindler Billie Sol Estes dies
Billie Sol Estes, colorful '60s Texas swindler whose case became national sensation, has died Associated Press

GRANBURY, Texas (AP)-- Billie Sol Estes, a flamboyant Texas huckster who became one of the most notorious men in America in 1962 when he was accused of looting a federal crop subsidy program, has died. He was 88.
Estes, whose name became synonymous with Texas-sized schemes, greed and corruption, was found dead by a caretaker early Tuesday in his home in DeCordova Bend, a city about 60 miles southwest of Dallas, said Hood County Sheriff Roger Deeds. A local funeral home confirmed it would be handling the services.
Estes reigned in the state as the king of con men for nearly 50 years. He was best known for the scandal that broke out during the Kennedy administration involving phony financial statements and non-existent fertilizer tanks.
Several lower-level agriculture officials resigned, and he wound up spending several years in prison. His name was often linked with that of fellow Texan Lyndon Johnson, but the late president's associates said their relationship was never as close or as sinister as the wheeler-dealer implied.

http://news.yahoo.com/flamboyant-texas-swindl...

Location hidden

#155700 May 14, 2013
Hey Obama – Ever Heard of a ‘Fact Checker’? Oh, That’s Right – We’re Supposed to Let You Tell Us What’s True.

14 May 2013 / 20 Comments

“The day after it happened, I acknowledged that this was an act of terrorism.”

— President Obama, remarks at a news conference, May 13, 2013

Once again, it appears that we must parse a few presidential words. We went through this question at length during the 2012 election, but perhaps a refresher course is in order.

Notably, during a debate with Republican nominee Mitt Romney, President Obama said that he immediately told the American people that the killing of the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans in Libya “was an act of terror.” But now he says he called it “an act of terrorism.”

Some readers may object to this continuing focus on words, but presidential aides spend a lot of time on words. Words have consequences. Is there a difference between “act of terror” and “act of terrorism”?

The Facts

Immediately after the attack, the president three times used the phrase “act of terror” in public statements:

“No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for.”

— Obama, Rose Garden, Sept. 12

“We want to send a message all around the world — anybody who would do us harm: No act of terror will dim the light of the values that we proudly shine on the rest of the world, and no act of violence will shake the resolve of the United States of America.”

— Obama, campaign event in Las Vegas, Sept. 13

“I want people around the world to hear me: To all those who would do us harm, no act of terror will go unpunished. It will not dim the light of the values that we proudly present to the rest of the world. No act of violence shakes the resolve of the United States of America.”

— Obama, campaign event in Golden, Colo., Sept. 13

Here’s how we assessed those words back in October:

Note that in all three cases, the language is not as strong as Obama asserted in the debate. Obama declared that he said “that this was an act of terror.” But actually the president spoke in vague terms, usually wrapped in a patriotic fervor. One could presume he was speaking of the incident in Libya, but he did not affirmatively state that the American ambassador died because of an “act of terror.”

Some readers may think we are dancing on the head of pin here. The Fact Checker spent nine years as diplomatic correspondent for The Washington Post, and such nuances of phrasing are often very important. A president does not simply utter virtually the same phrase three times in two days about a major international incident without careful thought about the implications of each word.

The Fact Checker noted last week that this was an attack on what essentially was a secret CIA operation, which included rounding up weapons from the very people who may have attacked the facility.

Read more: http://MinuteMenNews.com/2013/05/hey-obama-ev...

Location hidden

#155701 May 14, 2013
And this was posted on Yahoo News too!!! I think the press is very pissed off about Obama and Obama has lost the best friends he ever had.

Is Obama Worse For Press Freedom Than Nixon?
by James C. Goodale May 14, 2013 12:11 PM EDT

James Goodale defended the New York Times during the Pentagon Papers. But Nixon had nothing on Obama, writes the First Amendment lawyer—and that’s bad news for freedom of the press.

President Barack H. Obama’s outrageous seizure of the Associated Press’s phone records, allegedly to discover sources of leaks, should surprise no one. Obama has relentlessly pursued leakers ever since he became president. He is fast becoming the worst national security press president ever, and it may not get any better.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/05...

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#155702 May 14, 2013
Therealnews com wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric Arthur Blair had it right years ago.
Americans are losing rights as well as people all over the world.
New World Order/Big Brother is alive and "We The People" are not concerned about it.
Jacques, J.Edgar Hoover had most of Washington DC bugged and now the pendulum is swinging back in the wrong direction.
=======
1948 Smith-Mundt Act The 1948 Smith-Mundt Act prohibited the domestic dissemination of United States government propaganda. The reasoning behind Smith-Mundt was that Congress wanted to be certain that a United States government agency could not brainwash our own citizens as Hitler had done in Germany.
---------
American Rhetoric: Movie Speech
"Judgment at Nuremberg" (1961)
http://tinyurl.com/npy8o
http://www.americanrhetoric.com/MovieSpeeches...
==========
In Germany they first came for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.
Then they came for me —
and by that time no one was left to speak up.
Well said. And I'm sure you had understood that I was not celebrating this long-established custom of countries eavesdropping on their citizens. We're stuck with it. Deplorable as most of these sleuths so to speak have no idea how to handle all that information.

Ottawa

#155703 May 14, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
What did I tell you last week? She has NO case. She signed a contract and since the Catholic school is a private school, they decide you will be allowed to work for them.
The Catholic Church has not problems with homosexuals, or even pedophiles. It has to do with CONDUCT! Deviant sexual activity is a sin and it does not matter if you are a priest or lay employee!
Fired gay Ohio teacher: Union won't back complaint
Fired gay Ohio teacher says committee from Catholic educators' union won't back her complaint
Associated Press –
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP)-- A gay teacher challenging her firing by an Ohio Catholic school says the local union for Catholic educators has decided not to proceed with her complaint.
Carla Hale said Monday the grievance committee for the Central Ohio Association of Catholic Educators isn't supporting her efforts to get back her job as a physical-education teacher. The association hasn't returned telephone calls seeking comment.
Hale also filed a complaint with the city of Columbus, which prohibits firings based on sexual orientation.
Hale says she was fired from Bishop Watterson High School after her partner's name was revealed in her mother's published obituary and someone complained.
Bishop Frederick Campbell says Hale was fired not because of her sexual orientation but because she violated the church's moral teaching by having what he describes as a "quasi-spousal relationship" with a woman.
http://news.yahoo.com/fired-gay-ohio-teacher-...
Shades of the inquisition. And, you write : "The Catholic Church has not problems with homosexuals, or even pedophiles." Really? Well, I may not be a practicing Catholic, but let me tell you, I have HUGE problems with pedophiles. Huge. Maybe that's why the church hid and protected them for so long, do you see? After all, nothing wrong with good ole pedophilia.

Ottawa

#155704 May 14, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
They should dig his azz up and ship him COD to Obumbler! I wonder if the Muslims will ever figure out that we don't like them and don't want them here?
Nobody wants you "here" either. It's just that the US is stuck with you, being born there and all that. There is no place to deport you, and even if there were, they would never ever take you back LMAO (LRS tm reg'd).

Ottawa

#155705 May 14, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, they care! You can take that to the bank. Kerplunk!
LRS :kerplunk

LRS's step mom : "Romper, did you soil the trailer floor again?"

Ottawa

#155706 May 14, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Kerplunk! Bloop!
You know all the sounds, don't you? What a disgusting little slot.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#155707 May 14, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but his next of kin, his wife, did not claim his body and they did not have to turn his body to anyone other than his NOK. He should have been buried in a prison yard!
I agree.

RationalState

#155708 May 14, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but his next of kin, his wife, did not claim his body and they did not have to turn his body to anyone other than his NOK. He should have been buried in a prison yard!
On the other hand, Massachusetts law required burial of Tsarnaev's body if no one claimed the body.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#155709 May 14, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody wants you "here" either. It's just that the US is stuck with you, being born there and all that. There is no place to deport you, and even if there were, they would never ever take you back LMAO (LRS tm reg'd).
LMAO! Ain't being an American great! Oops, you wouldn't know, would you? LMAO! Remain quiet until called upon to speak. Don't call us, we'll call you!
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#155710 May 14, 2013
<quoted text>
You just admitted you know them all quite well also. What a disgusting slut. LMAO!

Location hidden

#155711 May 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Shades of the inquisition. And, you write : "The Catholic Church has not problems with homosexuals, or even pedophiles." Really? Well, I may not be a practicing Catholic, but let me tell you, I have HUGE problems with pedophiles. Huge. Maybe that's why the church hid and protected them for so long, do you see? After all, nothing wrong with good ole pedophilia.
Rumors are circulating in CA that radical Muslims are planning to go on a rampage in Los Angeles, killing anyone who is a legal U.S.citizen.

Police fear the death toll could be as high as 23.

Ottawa

#155712 May 14, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! Ain't being an American great! Oops, you wouldn't know, would you? LMAO! Remain quiet until called upon to speak. Don't call us, we'll call you!
Slug : " Ain't being an American great!"

For you, yes. But not so much for the poor Americans who've even come close to you.

Ottawa

#155713 May 14, 2013

<quoted text>
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
You just admitted you know them all quite well also. What a disgusting slut. LMAO!
I've reproduced my post. Please indicate where exactly I admitted knowing the sounds. Your very words, though, clearly demonstrate your knowledge of every possible disgusting sound. How it thrills you.

Ottawa

#155715 May 14, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Kerplunk! Bloop!
Your words, not mine, slug. You not only know the sounds, you even invented their spelling. Wow. For months now you've been fascinated by gays, anal references and intestinal/1rectal body waste. Are your two beautiful nurse girl friends LMAO (LRS tm reg'd) aware of these little "fantasies" of yours? Have you shared your twisted fixations with your future ex-brother-in-law and Nobel-prize-winning doctor? Although not a psychiatrist, I'm certain he could tailor his sleep-making methods to better suit your weird and sick psyche.

I can understand why you think it's so great for you to be an American. But have you given a thought, a single momentary thought to the poor suffering Americans around you? Assuming there are any left.
read 'em and weep

Duluth, GA

#155716 May 14, 2013

RationalState

#155717 May 14, 2013
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>So you have nothing!! LMAO!!!
Whether with or without insurance, Dufus Dale cannot control his body as his gums are uncontrollably flapping.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
So because Dufus Dale cannot control his blabbering pie hole, Roe v. Wade is null and void.
Sure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min USAsince1680 1,127,236
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 7 min well 50,655
Amy 10-24 8 min your poor wife 15
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr Wolverine33 654
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Ratloder 68,672
Rattlesnake Logic 4 hr i need a bump to 22
food for thought 4 hr reality is a crutch 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]