BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...
Comments
136,361 - 136,380 of 175,131 Comments Last updated 10 min ago

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Travel's the best kind of education. It confirms or "un-confirms" our perceptions, it shows how the other half lives. It shows there are other places to contemplate beside our navel. It can also make us learn how to do things AND how not to do things as shown in other countries. We pretty much all know how it's going in North Korea. Not exactly heaven on earth. But, I'd still love to see for myself and if possible, though it may not be allowed, speak to the people like I did before the communist wall went down or in today's Cuba. Very interesting.
I'm sure Justice ha ha Dale is not what we'd call a big traveller.
I've been to Nuevo Laredo before. I do not need to go any further south into Mexico to see if it gets any better. Every place I have been in Canada has been great except for the people in Quebec who seem insulted if you don't know enough French to converse with them. Unless you can speak English with a German accent!
All you have to do is say, "excusez-moi, parlez Deutsch".
LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
A tax assessed in the tax code is a tax, even if it serves a punitive or persuasive purpose. That is what is called a fact.
Nothing that Justice Roberts said implies that taxpayers, in general, are lawbreakers.
<quoted text>
Then tell us mobarf, exactly what is it that we're being taxed on? If you truly believe that is a "tax" then you're ignorant! LMAO! But we already know that! LMAO!

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Then tell us mobarf, exactly what is it that we're being taxed on? If you truly believe that is a "tax" then you're ignorant! LMAO! But we already know that! LMAO!
You are assessed a tax penalty for being a free-rider. The IRS also assesses a tax penalty if you are late in filing. Both are tax penalties under the tax code.
wojar wrote:
A tax assessed in the tax code is a tax, even if it serves a punitive or persuasive purpose. That is what is called a fact.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

May 11th weather story.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2375454447001/

RationalState

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been to Nuevo Laredo before. I do not need to go any further south into Mexico to see if it gets any better. Every place I have been in Canada has been great except for the people in Quebec who seem insulted if you don't know enough French to converse with them. Unless you can speak English with a German accent!
And if you have been to Gary, Indiana, you have see enough to judge the entire US?

Grow up.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
You are assessed a tax penalty for being a free-rider. The IRS also assesses a tax penalty if you are late in filing. Both are tax penalties under the tax code.
<quoted text>
That's BS. What it is, is a mandate. Do as we say or we'll fine you. Tax my azz! But I think ObumblerCare is destined to fail anyway. Tax? LMAO!!!

RationalState

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
That's BS. What it is, is a mandate. Do as we say or we'll fine you. Tax my azz! But I think ObumblerCare is destined to fail anyway. Tax? LMAO!!!
A tax penalty for free-riders is a tax penalty for free riders, even if you call the requirement to have insurance a "mandate."

It's not rocket science.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
What bullroar. So you had a bad experience. Everyone has one now and then. Americans are the 2nd most numerous tourists in Québec. Why do they keep coming back? In agglomerations, almost everyone speaks English, albeit with an accent. And most are not insulted if you only speak English. That German accent thing you made up.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Maybe Jacques wants to go to Dubai? I wise man learns from other's mistakes. I will take this guys word that Dubai is full of sh*t!
Been. I liked it. I wouldn't want to be a foreign worker, mind you. Treated like dirt. Shameful. Women are treated like ours were 70 years or so ago. That's still 1300 years ahead of Saudi Arabia. No, they're not full of it. How can this "guy" brand a whole country just like that? Every man, woman and child is full of it?

Oh, Rogue, did you want me to tell the gov't to change its (for LRS : don't go looking if "its" is correct, because it's "it". Flummoxed? It's its own rule. It's okay.)) bad habits or else?

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
jacques from Ottawa. LMAO! The great pretender!!!
True. I try to pretend you're intelligent. Doesn't work. Wonder why?

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
2009 Sewage Issues
During Dubai's economic boom in 2009 the city's rapid growth meant that it was stretching its existing sewage treatment infrastructure to its limits. Sewage from areas of Dubai not connected to the municipal piped network at the time was collected daily from thousands of septic tanks across the city and driven by tankers to the city's only sewage treatment plant at Al-Awir. Because of the long queues and delays, some tanker drivers resorted to illegally dumping the effluent into storm drains or behind dunes in the desert resulting in much controversy. The result of sewage dumped into storm drains was that it flowed directly into the Persian Gulf, near to the city's prime swimming beaches. Doctors warned that tourists using the beaches ran the risk of contracting serious illnesses like typhoid and hepatitis.
Dubai's municipality says that it is committed to trying to catch the culprits and has imposed fines of up to $25,000 as well as threatening to confiscate tankers if dumping persists. The municipality maintains that test results show samples of the water are "within the standard".
As of September 2009, these queues and illegal dumping are no longer reported to be a problem.
http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/-pQdjwl...
You mean like NYC dumping barges upon barges of garbage into the Atlantic Ocean until just a few years ago?
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Er, I'm sure Wichita and its suburbs is a nice place for nice people like you, but you should try to get out more.
I do, I spend about three or four months camping out in Kentucky, no TV, no phone, no running water, no electricity, just me the woods and the wildlife! Hell, you should see some of the wildlife!!
Now I do have some pleasures that a city doesn't have, my own swimming hole and a cold spring for my beer and drinking/cooking water, don't like my beer too cold it spoils the taste.
Yep, if I didn't have obligations here I would disappear completely.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

LRS wrote:
Hummmm, dar is a whole lotta that there Global warmin' agoin'on out thar!
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Now Dufus Dale thinks a straightforward declarative sentence is a "play on words" because he cannot understand plain English.
<quoted text>
On sin-taxes, what if you don't smoke or drink, are you still fined for not buying them, so if you do not buy insurance you are fined even though you are never sick and as it stands now there are no preexisting condition clauses, so what is the use of buying insurance until you get sick.
$1,200 a year is much cheaper than $8,000-$10,000 and that will be going-up.
Me, I don't have to worry about Obama Care, at this time.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
2009 Sewage Issues
During Dubai's economic boom in 2009 the city's rapid growth meant that it was stretching its existing sewage treatment infrastructure to its limits. Sewage from areas of Dubai not connected to the municipal piped network at the time was collected daily from thousands of septic tanks across the city and driven by tankers to the city's only sewage treatment plant at Al-Awir. Because of the long queues and delays, some tanker drivers resorted to illegally dumping the effluent into storm drains or behind dunes in the desert resulting in much controversy. The result of sewage dumped into storm drains was that it flowed directly into the Persian Gulf, near to the city's prime swimming beaches. Doctors warned that tourists using the beaches ran the risk of contracting serious illnesses like typhoid and hepatitis.
Dubai's municipality says that it is committed to trying to catch the culprits and has imposed fines of up to $25,000 as well as threatening to confiscate tankers if dumping persists. The municipality maintains that test results show samples of the water are "within the standard".
As of September 2009, these queues and illegal dumping are no longer reported to be a problem.
http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/-pQdjwl ...
<quoted text>
You mean like NYC dumping barges upon barges of garbage into the Atlantic Ocean until just a few years ago?
No, more like what Boston was doing until a few years ago when they put a large sewer pipe way out into the ocean. Sewage will be dispersed into the water and food chain but garbage that contains plastic, etc. will float around on the surface and can not, we hope, be eaten by sea animals.
Ah Jacques, Do you ever remember taking a test where the give you a round peg and you have to put it in one of three hole. One square, another triangular and then one round. Which hole did you try first?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Been. I liked it. I wouldn't want to be a foreign worker, mind you. Treated like dirt. Shameful. Women are treated like ours were 70 years or so ago. That's still 1300 years ahead of Saudi Arabia. No, they're not full of it. How can this "guy" brand a whole country just like that? Every man, woman and child is full of it?
Oh, Rogue, did you want me to tell the gov't to change its (for LRS : don't go looking if "its" is correct, because it's "it". Flummoxed? It's its own rule. It's okay.)) bad habits or else?
I don't think we in America ever treated our women the way Muslims treat their women.
If someone in America 200 years ago took his 18 y/o daughter to the village square and slit her throat because she dishonored her family, would the people applaud or hang the father?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Cute Couple Perform Karaoke at Gas Station Pump In TV Prank
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think we in America ever treated our women the way Muslims treat their women.
If someone in America 200 years ago took his 18 y/o daughter to the village square and slit her throat because she dishonored her family, would the people applaud or hang the father?
Ever heard of the Salem witch trials and the more than 50 women who perished? Some hanged, others dying in prison?

I was just painting a rhetorical picture of how our women were treated more than 70 years ago. We each have our way of treating and mistreating minorities, Rogue, whether they be coloured, minorities, women, immigrants etc. I agree that some Arabs, particularly the Saudis, treat their women like dirt. I don't think we treated them the same way the last 200 years. But when you realise how we treated them during the inquisition, how women could not even be artists or work for fear of being killed (Brueggels's wife was a renowned miniature artist in the 16th century but had to destroy all of her paintings lest she be burned at the state for exercising a man's profession Fast forward when our stewardesses were fired if they married or turned 30, and I don't know how it worked in the US, but a woman teacher or civil servant here in Canada was immediately fired if she married. I don't think we can sermon a whole lot of people. But yes, at the present time, the Moslem religion and particularly Saudi Arabia both treat their adherents , in general, not all, like cattle.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>I do, I spend about three or four months camping out in Kentucky, no TV, no phone, no running water, no electricity, just me the woods and the wildlife! Hell, you should see some of the wildlife!!
Now I do have some pleasures that a city doesn't have, my own swimming hole and a cold spring for my beer and drinking/cooking water, don't like my beer too cold it spoils the taste.
Yep, if I didn't have obligations here I would disappear completely.
I think that's great. Every human being needs that kind of experience, connecting with nature once in a while. But you have to nourish your mind also and that alone won't do it. Important to see and feel other people, civilizations, cultures, appreciate not that we are better or worse than other nations, no, but that we are all of us DIFFERENT. Vive la différence. It's how we learn, it's how travel is one big school.

RationalState

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>On sin-taxes, what if you don't smoke or drink, are you still fined for not buying them, so if you do not buy insurance you are fined even though you are never sick and as it stands now there are no preexisting condition clauses, so what is the use of buying insurance until you get sick.
$1,200 a year is much cheaper than $8,000-$10,000 and that will be going-up.
Me, I don't have to worry about Obama Care, at this time.
If you are not insured, you are a free-rider and a tax penalty is assessed. That's not a play on words. You may call it a fine if you want to, but it's really a tax.(That means it's not really a fine.)
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Now Dufus Dale thinks a straightforward declarative sentence is a "play on words" because he cannot understand plain English.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

64 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,083,678
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 9 min andet1987 4,568
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 40 min Terry rigsby 49,010
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr truth-facts 45,892
last post wins! (Apr '13) 2 hr gauntlet 305
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr nono 3,849
Amy 7-30 2 hr Julie 20
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr PEllen 97,577
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••