BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#155329 May 11, 2013
..and even less to 20?

Ottawa

#155330 May 11, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
During the Falklands War they had only a few very small carriers and the Argentines almost kicked their butts.
You don't know much about the Falkland (or Malvinas) war , do you? Carrier with Harriers or not, the outcome would have been the exact same. The Argentines were ill-equipped, shortage of rations, no winter uniforms, poor weapons and local hostility. Exocet missiles were the bane of the Brits, but even after the sinking of one of their ships by said Exocet, the Brits pretty easily prevailed. What you don't know is the subtle support they received, mostly from Chile (hence Thatcher's support for tyrant Pinochet to the end) and Brazil who both gave the Brits port facilities, refuelling and supplies. I'd tell you more, but you're not interested.

Ottawa

#155331 May 11, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
What part did you miss, jackfish? I said having a huge, state-of-the-art carrier armed to the teeth DOES impact a region by its mere presence. You seem to think people never even notice. Right! LMAO! squidlips
Sorry, it does NOT impact a region any more. Used to. No more.
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#155332 May 11, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
What forces deployed to Benghazi? From where? It's been pretty well established that no forces could've made it on time. Did you want a carrier task force stationed off Libya to protect the US cultural centre in Benghazi IN CASE it was attacked? Is that what you're trying to say?
You didn't need the carriers to air bomb Libya. Canada, France and the UK all operated their missions from mainland Europe, no carriers. And incidentally, just for the record, it was a stupid mission
LMAO!!! Boring, boring, boring, you havn't any idea what you are talking about, you just like to talk and of course we love to laugh (laff) at you!
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#155333 May 11, 2013
..and even less to 20?
And you still remain clueless! LMAO
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#155334 May 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Sorry, it does NOT impact a region any more. Used to. No more.
It's amazing, simply amazing! Now, jackfish feels like he is able to answer for entire nations. Amazing! LMAO! doglip
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#155335 May 11, 2013
<quoted text>
You don't know much about the Falkland (or Malvinas) war , do you? Carrier with Harriers or not, the outcome would have been the exact same. The Argentines were ill-equipped, shortage of rations, no winter uniforms, poor weapons and local hostility. Exocet missiles were the bane of the Brits, but even after the sinking of one of their ships by said Exocet, the Brits pretty easily prevailed. What you don't know is the subtle support they received, mostly from Chile (hence Thatcher's support for tyrant Pinochet to the end) and Brazil who both gave the Brits port facilities, refuelling and supplies. I'd tell you more, but you're not interested.
BINGO!!!
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#155336 May 11, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
It's amazing, simply amazing! Now, jackfish feels like he is able to answer for entire nations. Amazing! LMAO! doglip
I really do feel sorry for Jock, all of those words he posts everyday and all are boring, boring, boring!! He really must be mentaly unstable, hope he doesn't come to my town!

Ottawa

#155337 May 11, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Am I? What about you, loud lout? Did you not write "What part did you miss, jackfish? I said having a huge, state-of-the-art carrier armed to the teeth DOES impact a region by its mere presence. "

Well, I wrote countries, you go further, why, whole regions. What makes YOU think you can speak for entire regions?

Ottawa

#155338 May 11, 2013
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>I really do feel sorry for Jock, all of those words he posts everyday and all are boring, boring, boring!! He really must be mentaly unstable, hope he doesn't come to my town!
Well, who hasn't noticed that learning is indeed very boring for you.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#155341 May 12, 2013
Jacques,
I knew all along that Hillary Clinton was lying about the role of the "Innocence of Muslims" video in the coordinated Benghazi attack on the anniverary of 9/11, and now it appears the Democrats will sacrifice their queen in desperation.
Check Mate.

“Relax”

Since: May 11

Siesta, Mexico

#155342 May 12, 2013
<quoted text>
You are thick-headed and obstinate, aren't you, and wallowing in total cluelessness. Told you in the event of conflict, the US has bases all over the world, and would deploy their aircraft to those bases if need be. Would sure beat a 37-hr roundtrip. Libya was bombed mostly from Europe. It was bombed from a carrier, sure, but it was not necessary. Khadafi was bombed from Spain and the UK years ago if my memory serves me right. Korea from Japan and Guam. N.Vietnam from the south, Thailand and B52 from Guam.
In the event of a conflict, what if those bases were attacked and damaged so badly that they wouldn't be able to conduct aircraft operations?

“Relax”

Siesta, Mexico

#155343 May 12, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Reaction time? How long would it take for a special ops time to fly from Fort Campbell, KY to Africa?
It take a B-2 37 hours to fly round trip from the U.S. to Korea. You could have an aircraft carrier launch, recover, relaunch, etc. ten times in the same period!
There are special op teams already operating in the area and it wouldn't take very long for them to deploy anywhere in Africa.

“Relax”

Siesta, Mexico

#155344 May 12, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as the lack of tankers, the only reference I have is what I heard on Fox News. Next, aircraft acciers/.
We for decade maintained at least one carrier task force in the mediterranean. We do not have the assets to do that today. Again, we have only ten operation carriers. Four are deployed to places the the Arabian coast just south of the Persian Gulf. We have two in a training cycle which could respond on short notice (one to two weeks). We then have four in maintenance two of are short, less than six months) and two long, 6-12 months (reactor refueling).
Lets say you want to change your spark plugs on your car. Do you start to work on it just as soon as you return from a short time while the engine is hot or do you wait an hours? Well, reactors take a few MONTHS to cool before you can start to refuel them.
Oh, the USS Enterprise could possibly returned to service in about six months but a war can be lost in six months.
http://www.boozallen.com/media/file/carrier-g...
It would take a non-nuclear powered ship less time to be reactivated.
Just use google maps and zoom in on San Diego harbor and you'll see dozens of deactivated ships.
truman

Boise, ID

#155345 May 12, 2013
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>I really do feel sorry for Jock, all of those words he posts everyday and all are boring, boring, boring!! He really must be mentaly unstable, hope he doesn't come to my town!
Oh be fair just becAuse your another sh*t for brains Repub to whom abstract thought is just a hair above your range doesnt make him boring.
It just makes you stupid.
You LRS,Kentucky Kloset Kween,American Lady ,Laity and Rogue.
Perverts. Mysogynists.Bigots and Fools.
What a Confederation of Dunces.
Typical Right Wing Brain Trust.
Tea Bagging Cry Babies.LMAO!
truman

Boise, ID

#155346 May 12, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
I knew all along that Hillary Clinton was lying about the role of the "Innocence of Muslims" video in the coordinated Benghazi attack on the anniverary of 9/11, and now it appears the Democrats will sacrifice their queen in desperation.
Check Mate.
Checkmate?
*Sigh*You fools have pretty much lost the abilty to discern between reality and wishful thinking havent you?
At first I admit it was amusing but now its just getting I hate to say it...sad.
truman

Boise, ID

#155347 May 12, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
So typical for your dumbazz. If you don't like something you just call it a lie. Brilliant! Go change your Depends, stinky! LMAO! squidlips
Now hold on.... the idea of you or any other birther accusing someone of:
"If you dont like something you call it a lie"???????
For once I cant even think of anything to say that could possibly do that one justice.
Except point out that that is PRECISELY how you dismiss ANY input that isnt spoonfed to you by FOX or the Koch Bros.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#155348 May 12, 2013
<quoted text>
You are thick-headed and obstinate, aren't you, and wallowing in total cluelessness. Told you in the event of conflict, the US has bases all over the world, and would deploy their aircraft to those bases if need be. Would sure beat a 37-hr roundtrip. Libya was bombed mostly from Europe. It was bombed from a carrier, sure, but it was not necessary. Khadafi was bombed from Spain and the UK years ago if my memory serves me right. Korea from Japan and Guam. N.Vietnam from the south, Thailand and B52 from Guam.
I would rather be a Conservative Nut Job than a Liberal who has no nuts and no job!

Location hidden

#155349 May 12, 2013
truman wrote:
<quoted text>
Now hold on.... the idea of you or any other birther accusing someone of:
"If you dont like something you call it a lie"???????
For once I cant even think of anything to say that could possibly do that one justice.
Except point out that that is PRECISELY how you dismiss ANY input that isnt spoonfed to you by FOX or the Koch Bros.
And I suppose the Libtards in the IRS have not been targeting right-wing groups, like the TEA Parties, for special scrutiny while ignoring left-wing groups.
Case in point. Catholic Churches usually put out voting records of politicians and indicate whether they are pro-life or pro-abortion and they will NOT endorse a political party nor an individual candidate but many black churches do indorse the Democrat Party and specific candidates. But the IRS will totally ignore the black churches but investigate the Catholic Church!!!
Libtards have CRIMINALIZED politics!!!

Location hidden

#155350 May 12, 2013
Maverick 808 wrote:
<quoted text>It would take a non-nuclear powered ship less time to be reactivated.
Just use google maps and zoom in on San Diego harbor and you'll see dozens of deactivated ships.
Not so. Every "inactive" nuclear ship has a nuclear crew on board both to maintain the reactor but also keep it secure!
The difference between and Inactive and a Deactive plane, ship, etc. it that is any Deactivate plane, ship, etc. the major components are removed or disabled.
Case in point was the WWII Victory ships which have been periodically put in "mothballs" (inactive). Sure they were dusted off for the Korean War and then the Vietnam War but in the Persian Gulf War they were in bad condition they had to be scrapped. You see, once a year the Inactive ships are suppose to be run up and every system tested. But we don't.
The USS Enterprise is being mothballed right now but it will take about three months to get it ready for sea. Now, don't ever forget it is just ONE aircraft carrier. It is a whole Carrier Task force consisting of over a dozen ships, two submarines, and an air wing (aircraft, crews, etc.) Oh, the "crew" of the USS Enterprise consisted of about 3,000 ship's crew and 1,800 aircrew. But in the whole carrier task force you need over 10,000 trained men and women.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 16 min KiMare 49,823
James Foley Beheading: What They’re Not Telling... 55 min BadDream 2
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Grey Ghost 1,109,989
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 69,378
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Uzi 68,470
Protests Continue After Chicago Police Shoot 3r... 4 hr joey 2
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr Whiny1 4,710
Amy 9-16 5 hr Zap Brannigan 55
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 hr Toj 98,226
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs