BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...
Comments
135,901 - 135,920 of 177,413 Comments Last updated 28 min ago

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#154911 May 8, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Mass? Oh man, I served as altar boy and in boys' and men's choirs. I can recite most of the prayers, all masses, from Christmas to Easter to funeral masses and 7 last words of Christ, all in latin. I've read the Bible, both old and new, the catechism, Paul's epistles, etc. Should I venture that my knowledge of the scriptures is probably light years ahead of yours? That's why, evey time I quote the old or new testament verbatim, and you don't like what I write, you call me an atheist. That's because you've never read the bible. But hey, boasting's not my think, I leave that to you.
Recent
Sooo, just why have you fallen away from your religion? You do know that much of what is in the Bible is allegorical, don't you? For instance the Great Flood probably was not a flood of the whole Earth but the part of Earth that was know to the descendants.
Now, I think you have pulled away from the Bible because you are a sexual deviant and you can not reconcile your feelings.

Location hidden

#154912 May 8, 2013
Rogue :
"Greenland and Antarctica losing 3 times more ice than in 1990" . Source : NASA, as reported by that "commie" weather channel.
Like you, Rogue, I'm no expert, so I therefore must trust the REAL scientists.
And of course, you have a link? NOT!!!

ICESAT Data Shows Mass Gains of the Antarctic Ice Sheet Exceed Losses
Posted on September 10, 2012 by Anthony Watts

The results of ICEsat measurements are in for Antarctica, and it seems those claims of ice mass loss in Antarctica have melted now that a continent wide tally has been made. This was presented in the SCAR ISMASS Workshop in Portland, OR, July 14, 2012 and was added to NASA’s Technical Reports server on September 7th, 2012. H/T to WUWT reader “Brad”. What’s interesting (besides the result) is that the report was prepared by Jay Zwally, whose “ice free Arctic by the end of summer 2012&#8243; prediction is about to be tested in 12 days. It also puts the kibosh on GRACE studies that suggested a net loss in Antarctica. Note there’s the mention of the “climate warming, consistent with model predictions” at the end of the report. They’d say the same thing if ICEsat had measured loss instead of gain, because as we’ve seen before, almost everything is consistent with warming and models no matter which direction it goes.
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/09/10/icesat-...

Please note; unlike Jacques, I post links!!!

Location hidden

#154913 May 8, 2013
Hey Jacques, The NSIDC used to report both Arctic and Antarctic sea ice conditions. Not only did they stop doing Antarctic reports a few years ago, they have purged their reports. WHY???

http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/

Location hidden

#154914 May 8, 2013
Antarctic Sea Ice Grows as Result of Warming
Published: April 6th, 2013

By Tim Radford, Climate News Network

Now, in this article by Climate Central (a Global Warming promoter) they admit that the Antarctic sea ice has been growing ....... but they blame Global Warming!!!

LONDON — The Arctic may be shrinking as the world warms but Antarctic sea ice is expanding. Blame global warming for that, too, say Dutch scientists.

The paradox is that increasing temperatures have set in motion a chain of events in the southern seas that have the opposite effect. Engineers call this negative feedback. So do Richard Bintanja and colleagues of the Royal Netherlands Meteorological Institute.
http://www.climatecentral.org/news/antarctic-...

Location hidden

#154915 May 8, 2013
Now, Antarctic Ice Mass also counts NON-sea ice. And ever since we started to put up POLAR orbit satellite we have been measuring Antarctic ice mass and we are at a ALL TIME RECORD.
The National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC)(which is part of UC Boulder) stopped measuring Antarctic Sea Ice and Continental Ice Mass. WHY??? Maybe because it conflicts with their Progressive agenda!!!

ICESAT Data Shows Mass Gains of the Antarctic Ice Sheet Exceed Losses - Posted on September 10, 2012 by Anthony Watts

The results of ICEsat measurements are in for Antarctica, and it seems those claims of ice mass loss in Antarctica have melted now that a continent wide tally has been made. This was presented in the SCAR ISMASS Workshop in Portland, OR, July 14, 2012 and was added to NASA’s Technical Reports server on September 7th, 2012. H/T to WUWT reader “Brad”. What’s interesting (besides the result) is that the report was prepared by Jay Zwally, whose “ice free Arctic by the end of summer 2012&#8243; prediction is about to be tested in 12 days. It also puts the kibosh on GRACE studies that suggested a net loss in Antarctica. Note there’s the mention of the “climate warming, consistent with model predictions” at the end of the report. They’d say the same thing if ICEsat had measured loss instead of gain, because as we’ve seen before, almost everything is consistent with warming and models no matter which direction it goes.

Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#154916 May 8, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>Sooo, just why have you fallen away from your religion? You do know that much of what is in the Bible is allegorical, don't you? For instance the Great Flood probably was not a flood of the whole Earth but the part of Earth that was know to the descendants..
I took a course in College "the Bible as literature". Much like studying Shakespeare, focused on the events of the day, the author of the respective Books, the intended audience and what could be expected / discerned as far as intended message. It was very interesting, but for some reason a couple of the "literal interpretation" crowd also took the course and they nearly went into seizures with every page turn

I suspect that - if alive - they are both institutionalized or part of Westborough B (or some similar den)- and most certainly 9-11 Truthers and Birfoons

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#154917 May 8, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I said it was the weather channel report on NASA studies. I am not very good with the internet, have not yet been able to transfer my tv programs to my computer, sorry. But, unlike you, I never state something I can't back up. Here it is, and if it doesn't work, you have enough info to get to it :

"Polar ice sheets melting faster than ever | Environment | DW.DE ...

www.dw.de/polar-ice-sheets-melting-faster-tha... ;

Feb 4, 2013 – A new study, supported by NASA and European Space Agency ESA combines the data from different satellite missions.... According to the study, melting ice from both poles has been ... "The rate of ice loss from Greenland has increased almost five-fold ... The Belgian Princess Elisabeth Antarctica station

2. You provide links sometimes, but never when I ask you for one. You provided one yesterday which was totally irrelevant to our discussion on something else. You owe me over 100 for the last year, 10 for the last week alone.". See detail.

It doesn't matter if last winter saw more ice, Rogue, as studies are based on longer periods of time. Or if a scientist is off by up to 20, 50 years. What's a few decades when we are talking worldwide weather patterns over periods of thousands of years?

Location hidden

#154918 May 8, 2013
Here PBS also tries to explain away the data. But the fact is, is that since 1979 they have been totally dependent on these satellites not only in the Antarctic, but also the Arctic.
PBS May 1, 2013
The Antarctic's Ice Paradox BY: REBECCA JACOBSON
....Unlike the Arctic, it has been almost impossible at times to collect data in Antarctica. Satellite data only dates back to 1979;....
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/2013/05/w...
By the way, until 1978, UC Boulder was saying we were entering another Little Ice Age but in 1978 they switched feet in midair. And that was when the NSIDC was created!!!(How convenient)
And now, not only does the NSIDC not report Antarctic ice conditions, they have purged their data (How Convenient)!

Location hidden

#154919 May 8, 2013
Here is another example of stopped -data. This article is dated Jan 9, 2013 but none of it's data goes past 2005! WHY?!? You would have thought that if this is a 2013 report, it would include data up to 2012 at least!!!!
Fifty-Year Record of Glacier Change Reveals Shifting Climate in the ...
pubs.usgs.gov/fs/2009/3046/&#8206 ;
by CN Balance - Related articles
Jan 9, 2013 – Fifty years of U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) research on glacier change shows ... near Anchorage, Alaska; and Gulkana Glacier in the interior of Alaska (fig..... in the glacier shape and size, that is, whether the glacier is growing or shrinking.
Now this is U.S. Geological Survey and they probably to not want to post false data but but not posting current data that are QUIBBLING (not telling the whole truth)!!!

Ottawa

#154920 May 8, 2013
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
I took a course in College "the Bible as literature". Much like studying Shakespeare, focused on the events of the day, the author of the respective Books, the intended audience and what could be expected / discerned as far as intended message. It was very interesting, but for some reason a couple of the "literal interpretation" crowd also took the course and they nearly went into seizures with every page turn
I suspect that - if alive - they are both institutionalized or part of Westborough B (or some similar den)- and most certainly 9-11 Truthers and Birfoons
The Bible is the word of God. The Bible is Revelation. The Bible need not be interpreted or allegorical, no, as God being God does not need men to interpret His word. Indeed, who is man to think for God, to interpret for HIM? What nerve. The bible is canonized by both Jews (Old testament) and Catholics, before most schisms, both Old and new testaments. Canonized means it is saintly and therefore it is IT, The word of God. Catechism, Vatican II confirms it, articles 115 and 116,I believe.

Scholars, theologians, started to give it allegorical interpretations when modern science and mostly gradual education of the faithful revealed that many passages in the holy scriptures could not support the test of time, some being totally ridiculous in today's context. Some will say, well, the writers expressed what they saw based on their "époque", or according to context of that period. Sorry, that does not fly as these writers' hand, it is said, were guided by God or the Holy Spirit for whom there is no such thing as "period", how can there be?

When one reads the Bible, specially the Old Testament, which is, like it or not, the word of God, and if one has one grain of intelligence, one soon realizes that so many passages just do not hold water. This is why most Christians, up to not long ago, were forbidden to read the Bible - surprisingly, many priests have never fully read it. What I'm saying now is NOT a denial of the existence of God or a supreme being. Rather, it is a huge doubt in MEN that have created so many myths and, we see immediately upon reading the Holy Book, see Moses, that God is blamed for every evil thing perpetrated by his "flock". Yes, God is the evil prophets' crutch. Like the insane who kill and say "God spoke to me, made me do it". We still have them today.
Truth Detector

Louisville, KY

#154921 May 8, 2013
QUEER Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote : "NO, she is she and I am me." Correction, as you must have meant "NO, HE is HE and I am me. "
Then you put your other foot right in and, attempting to correct Truman, you write : "BTW, did you ever graduate 1st grade and did you learn what comma's were used for?" . Er, would you like to review "comma's" with the apostrophe? Talk about an LRS error. We all know how you, oops, he, have, oops, has trouble distinguishing possessive and plural endings. Look it up and try to be correct when you correct, LMAO (LRS tm reg'd).
Let me correct the QUEER.
I was asked if American Lady was me, MORON!

NO, she is she and I am me.
Has she ever called you QUEER Buddy truman?
BTW, did you ever graduate 1st grade and did you learn what comma's were used for?
Source: Only pResident Could Have Made 'Stand Down' Call On Benghazi
Are you ready for the Benghazi beat-down?
Truth Detector

Louisville, KY

#154922 May 8, 2013
Gotta go, It is Benghazi beat-down time.

Ottawa

#154923 May 8, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me correct the QUEER.
I was asked if American Lady was me, MORON!
NO, she is she and I am me.
Has she ever called you QUEER Buddy truman?
BTW, did you ever graduate 1st grade and did you learn what comma's were used for?
Source: Only pResident Could Have Made 'Stand Down' Call On Benghazi
Are you ready for the Benghazi beat-down?
1. I answered correctly. Either AL is YOU or , if not, AL is NOT a woman, hence the He. Are you so enveloped in gay and "queer" (KFC GB and LRs tm reg'd)that you are evading all logic?;

2. As to comma's (sic), you really don't get it, grammar boy, LMAO (LRS tm reg'd). I was not referring to the use of the word comma per se, well, not at all, but rather to the possessive use of the apostrophe when the word is PLURAL, and you made the same mistake again. In the context, YOUR context, not mine, it's "commas", NOT "comma's". Sigh. An example and then head for the corner with your dunce cap and join LRS and Rogue . "It's the plural in 'commas' that confuses me", said KFC GB. "The 'commas' are very important tools of punctuation, it's what makes the 'comma's'(see?) use at times confusing for birthers, said Jacques to his untalented birfoon buffoon students.

Benghazi? What happened at Benghazi was sad, unfortunate, a tragedy. Nothing the US govt could do about it. Nearest aircraft were in Italy, hours away. The presidency and state dept could certainly have handled it better, with more tact, but don't forget, they did repeat what their intelligence (intelligence ?) services told them. Perhaps, in hindsight, they should not have believed them, specially when the thing started to drag down. By all means, there should be an inquest, and testimonies given.

Location hidden

#154924 May 8, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Here PBS also tries to explain away the data. But the fact is, is that since 1979 they have been totally dependent on these satellites not only in the Antarctic, but also the Arctic.[QUOTE]
PBS May 1, 2013
The Antarctic's Ice Paradox BY: REBECCA JACOBSON
....Unlike the Arctic, it has been almost impossible at times to collect data in Antarctica. Satellite data only dates back to 1979;....
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/2013/05/w ...

[QUOTE who="Rogue Scholar 05"]By the way, until 1978, UC Boulder was saying we were entering another Little Ice Age but in 1978 they switched feet in midair. And that was when the NSIDC was created!!!(How convenient)
And now, not only does the NSIDC not report Antarctic ice conditions, they have purged their data (How Convenient)!
I know, it was just 36 years ago the Chicken Little for UC Boulder where worried about the coming Little Ice Age. They wanted to sprinkle coal dusk on the glaciers to help them melt. As if mankind can effect Global Climate Change even one thousandths of a degree!
http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.2307/1550544...
"The sky is falling, the sky is falling. Let's all move to Canada so we will be saved from the evil mankind!"

Location hidden

#154925 May 8, 2013
Ah, the sad little failed terrorist Bill Ayers does not want to be compared to the successful Boston Marathon bombers!

Bill Ayers: Not Fair To Compare Boston Bombers With Weather Underground

Read more: http://politicaloutcast.com/2013/05/bill-ayer...

Location hidden

#154926 May 8, 2013
Arctic and Alpine Research © 1977 The Regents of the University of Colorado, a body corporate, contracting on behalf of the University of Colorado at Boulder for the benefit of INSTAAR
http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.2307/1550544...

Location hidden

#154927 May 8, 2013
Oh, do you Libtards know that the Colorado STATE University at Fort Collins also has a noted Whether Science program? Ever hear of Dr. William M. Gray?
Probably knot as the Lame Stream Media ignores him and his opinions.
http://hurricane.atmos.colostate.edu/

William M. Gray
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
William M. "Bill" Gray (born 1929) is Emeritus Professor of Atmospheric Science at Colorado State University (CSU), and head of the Tropical Meteorology Project at CSU's Department of Atmospheric Sciences. He is a pioneer in the science of forecasting hurricanes and one of the world's leading experts on tropical storms.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_M._Gray

Make sure you read the last sentence!!!
[Dr. Gray's]Stance on global warming
This section's representation of one or more viewpoints about a controversial issue may be unbalanced or inaccurate.
Please improve the article or discuss the issue on the talk page.(December 2010)
Gray is skeptical of current theories of human-induced global warming, which he says is supported by scientists afraid of losing grant funding[5] and promoted by government leaders and environmentalists seeking world government. He believes that humans are not responsible for the warming of the earth and has stated that "We're brainwashing our children." He asked, "How can we trust climate forecasts 50 and 100 years into the future (that can’t be verified in our lifetime) when they are not able to make shorter seasonal or yearly forecasts that could be verified?"
Gray said those who had linked global warming to the increased number of hurricanes in recent years were in error. He cites statistics showing that there were 101 hurricanes from 1900 to 1949, in a period of cooler global temperature, compared to 83 from 1957 to 2006 when the earth warmed.[7]
Gray does not say there has not been any warming, but states "I don't question that. And humans might have caused a very slight amount of this warming. Very slight. But this warming trend is not going to keep on going. My belief is that three, four years from now, the globe will start to cool again, as it did from the middle '40s to the middle '70s."[9]
According to an earlier interview reported by Joel Achenbach, Gray had similarly said that the current warming in the past decades is a natural cycle, driven by a global ocean circulation that manifests itself in the North Atlantic Ocean as the Gulf Stream.
In a December 2006 interview with David Harsanyi of The Denver Post, Gray said, "They've been brainwashing us for 20 years, starting with the nuclear winter and now with the global warming. This scare will also run its course. In 15–20 years, we'll look back and see what a hoax this was." In this interview, Gray cites the global cooling article in Newsweek from 1975 as evidence that such a scare has happened in the past.
In 2006, Gray predicted a cooling trend by 2009-2010.

Location hidden

#154928 May 8, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/09/10/icesat -...
<quoted text>
1. I said it was the weather channel report on NASA studies. I am not very good with the internet, have not yet been able to transfer my tv programs to my computer, sorry. But, unlike you, I never state something I can't back up. Here it is, and if it doesn't work, you have enough info to get to it :
"Polar ice sheets melting faster than ever | Environment | DW.DE ...
www.dw.de/polar-ice-sheets-melting-faster-tha... ;
Feb 4, 2013 – A new study, supported by NASA and European Space Agency ESA combines the data from different satellite missions.... According to the study, melting ice from both poles has been ... "The rate of ice loss from Greenland has increased almost five-fold ... The Belgian Princess Elisabeth Antarctica station
2. You provide links sometimes, but never when I ask you for one. You provided one yesterday which was totally irrelevant to our discussion on something else. You owe me over 100 for the last year, 10 for the last week alone.". See detail.
It doesn't matter if last winter saw more ice, Rogue, as studies are based on longer periods of time. Or if a scientist is off by up to 20, 50 years. What's a few decades when we are talking worldwide weather patterns over periods of thousands of years?
Ah Jacques, Your link does not work (How convenient!)

Location hidden

#154930 May 8, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>Sooo, just why have you fallen away from your religion? You do know that much of what is in the Bible is allegorical, don't you? For instance the Great Flood probably was not a flood of the whole Earth but the part of Earth that was know to the descendants..
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I believe that the Earth is both about 6.4 billion years old and at the same time it is about 6,500 years old and it was explained by ....... Dr. Albert Einstein in his Theory of Relativity. The question is, "How did the writers of the Bible know about Einstein?"
There is a lot we do not know!

Location hidden

#154931 May 8, 2013
I did not know how this election would turn out even though it is in a very RED district. Conservatives tend to clean their own homes but I guess they forgave Sanford.
Christians also believe in forgiveness and I guess he convinced hi that he had repented, reformed and repaired his sins.

MARK SANFORD BEATS ELIZABETH COLBERT BUSCH by MIKE FLYNN 7 May 2013

UPDATE: AP has called the race for Sanford.
With 60% of the vote in, former Governor Mark Sanford is leading Democrat Elizabeth Colbert Busch by almost 10 points. Sources close to the campaign have told Breitbart News that the AP is close to calling the race for Sanford. Sanford's landslide victory is further evidence that the American public rejects the national Democrat agenda.
In the final days of the campaign, Democrat polling firms and the national media portrayed the race as a "toss-up". In the end, Sanford won a decisive victory, besting Colbert Busch by almost 10 points. Sanford reclaimed campaign momentum by making the race a referendum on Barack Obama and Nancy Pelosi. His landslide win is a clear sign that this message resonated with voters.
Sanford told Breitbart News that the race was "crystalizing" into a choice of whether the country goes "right" or "left. The voters in SC's 1st District have made a clear choice.
Congratulations to Mark Sanford on his win.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 36 min D-U-H 49,539
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Yeah 1,100,625
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 2 hr Retired SOF 45
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr andet1987 4,658
who here likes pooping themself either in a dia... 3 hr poopforluck 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,380
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 hr J RULES 68,997
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr edogxxx 97,938
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••