BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Comments (Page 6,579)

Showing posts 131,561 - 131,580 of174,457
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Ellen1 wrote:
<quoted text>
His trip abroad was paid for by the rich parents of a fellow student at Occidental. And by 1980 the family was much better off than it was in 1961. Obama's grandmother had by then become a vice president at the bank, and finally there are such things as ACADEMIC scholarships.
In any case, Obama's family CERTAINLY was not rich enough to throw away the equivalent of ten thousand dollars on sending their pregnant daughter to Kenya (or a lesser sum for any other country) at high risk of stillbirth (which had a high incidence in those days)-----when there were perfectly good hospitals in Honolulu.
Have you ever seen a rational pregnant 18 year old woman?
Next, do you have any proof Obama received any sort of scholarship other than one for a foreign student?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

look at you have now!
http://demwits.com/2012/07/ok-ok-so-i-lied-a-...
Ellen1

Arlington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever seen a rational pregnant 18 year old woman?
Next, do you have any proof Obama received any sort of scholarship other than one for a foreign student?
The "foreign student scholarship" claim came from an April Fool's article originally published on April 1, 2009. Do you make a practice of believing April Fool's articles?

As for academic scholarships. The question was how could his relatives afford it. The obvious answer, since the foreign student scholarship myth is ruled out by it being an April Fool's article (and by the story claiming that it was a Fulbright Scholarship, which goes only to graduate students) and since Obama was not an athlete, is academic scholarships. This is confirmed to some extent by his having gotten a Magna Cum Lude at Harvard Law School, indicating that he was a good student.

This is a better explanation than the birther myth that Obama's education was paid for by the Saudi Royal family.

The original issue, to remind you, was whether or not his family had enough money to waste some of it on sending Obama's pregnant mother to a foreign country in 1961. And the answer is still that they didn't have anywhere near that much money and wouldn't have wasted it on such a trip if they did.

Re: "Have you ever seen a rational pregnant 18 year old woman?'

Answer: That has nothing to do with it (and BTW, the answer is that there are indeed rational pregnant 18 year old women). Even if she were irrational, her family did not have the money to send her to Kenya or any other country and they wouldn't have wasted the money on that trip if they had it.(And if she were irrational, they would have been even less likely to send her to a foreign country ALONE [since WND has proven that Obama Senior stayed in Hawaii throughout 1961] than if she were rational.)

For Obama to have been born in a foreign country BOTH:

(1) the officials in Hawaii of BOTH parties and the public Index Data file and the birth notices sent to the Hawaii newspapers in 1961 by the DOH would ALL have to be lying because they ALL say that he was born in Honolulu.

And (2) Obama’s relatives would have had to have had enough money (and his American grandparents were by no means rich. His grandfather was a furniture salesman and his grandmother a low-level employee in a bank in 1961, and his father came to Hawaii on a free flight) and be willing to waste it sending their pregnant only daughter on a trip ALONE to a foreign country (since WND has proven that Obama senior stayed in Hawaii throughout 1961) at the risk of stillbirth (whose incidence was high at the time)—–when there were perfectly good hospitals in Hawaii.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
MAIL FROM AN ARAB STUDENT TO HIS DAD
Dear Dad
Berlin is wonderful, people are nice and I really
like it here, but Dad, I am a bit ashamed to arrive
at my college with my pure-gold Ferrari 599GTB
when all my teachers and many fellow students
travel by train.
Your son, Nasser
The next day, Nasser gets a reply to his e-mail
from his dad:
My dear loving son
Twenty million dollars from American and Canadian gas pumps has just been transferred to your account. Please stop embarrassing us. Go and get yourself a train too.
Love, your Dad
What's your problem again? Envy? Oh, okay. BTW, Nasser wouldn't be Iraqi now would he? How cute. USA in debt, deep debt over war expenses in Iraq, 4500 hundred of their military killed, 32, 000 maimed for life. Iraqi shows its gratitude by sending their sons, the Nasser sons, to study in the US, how nice. And Iraq has become the 3rd petroleum producer IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD, but is somehow not lowering the price for its us liberator, nor is it paying war reparations, and omg, is handing out huge oil exploration and exploitation to American Lady's great friens, the Russians.

WTG,Nasser, you ungrateful wretch, make Rogue and his ilk drool.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama never, ever lead a troop of boy scouts across a street and you give him a multi-trillion dollar country to run? Mitt Romney was far more qualified to lead anything where as Obama can not!
Mit Romney , as he has well proven, is far more qualified to run a Chinese factory who slave-wage workers have taken jobs from American workers. Carry on, Barack, you're doing great.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
What a sicko, Bill Moyers says out Pledge of Allegiance is a lie, but "next time they say the Pledge of Allegiance" they should remember it's a lie!!! Who is the hypocrite?!?
If you make a pledge, swear an oath, etc. and do not mean it, you are a hypocrite!!! But that is okay with you Libytards.
Bill Moyers:‘The Pledge of Allegiance is a Lie’
Taxpayer-funded PBS personality says pledge ‘makes the hypocrisy go down easier.’: 4/3/2013
Veteran journalist Bill Moyers told his viewers on March 29 that the next time they say the Pledge of Allegiance, they should “remember: it’s a lie. A whopper of a lie.” Bill Moyers’s “Moyers & Company,” which included the snippet, airs on taxpayer funded PBS.
“We coax it from the mouths of babes for the same reason our politicians wear those flag pins in their lapels – it makes the hypocrisy go down easier, the way aspirin helps a headache go away.”
In a flurry of finger pointing, Moyers called out former presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush, as well as former Vice Presidential Candidate Paul Ryan and the company Halliburton for obstructing justice and trampling on the less fortunate.
“’Justice for all’ is a line item in the budget – sequestered now by the Paul Ryans of Congress and the Fix the Debt gang of plutocratic CEOs who, with a wink-wink from our president, claim,‘Oh, we can’t afford that!’”
Moyers is soooo right. The flag AND the pledge of allegiance ARE the eefuges of the scoundrels. A lapel pin makes everything good, even the bad stuff.

And you think, Rogue, that just because PBS is PARTLY pubblicly funded, that it should toe the govt line? Is that YOUR idea of freedom of expression?

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did Obama get the money to attend Harvard and Columbia? How about his trip abroad in 1981?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I already answered that question, Rogue. Of course, you had no comeback, so instead you come back with it hoping no one remembers. The answer is where do all those middle-class students get the $35,000 a year it takes to attend university? I don't know, but there are a hell of a lot of them, Obama being one.As to travel, do you think that the youth of the 60s and after never travelled? You never saw them all over the world in youth hostels, washing dishes, odd chores to pay their way? Cripes, I saw and spoke to so many of them, being perfectly situated to do so. And they were interesting , Rogue because yes indeed, travel IS an education in itself.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
What is sad is all you can do is make troll comments as you are totally incapable of engaging in any sort of an intellectually honest discussion.
Yep, all I have is an associates degree in aeronautics and I am still way above your level.
Would you say , Rogue, that claiming Obama hires "puffers" with removed front teeth to "service" him to be an intellectually honest discussion? Do tell.
Grand Birther

Greenfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
What is sad is all you can do is make troll comments as you are totally incapable of engaging in any sort of an intellectually honest discussion.
Yep, all I have is an associates degree in aeronautics and I am still way above your level.
Lol, sorry you're so butthurt, but every dumb thing you've written here has been skewered, and laughably so, by yours truly.

You're an embarrassment.
Grand Birther

Greenfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it all depends on what the meaning of "is" is!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Looks like Rogue Moron was again unable to engage at even a 5th grade level, because that is all he'd need be capable of to read the US Constitution.

How embarrassing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

As Latest Global Warming Scare Report Crumbles, Where's the New York Times' Follow-Up?: 4/4/2013 : By Clay Waters

Will New York Times environmental reporter Justin Gillis offer an addendum to his alarmist March 8 report, "Global Temperatures Highest in 4,000 Years," in the face of new information that discredits the underlying data?

In that story Gillis summarized a report (whose lead author is Oregon State University earth scientist Shaun Marcott) to declare without hesitation:

Global temperatures are warmer than at any time in at least 4,000 years, scientists reported Thursday, and over the coming decades are likely to surpass levels not seen on the planet since before the last ice age.

Previous research had extended back roughly 1,500 years, and suggested that the rapid temperature spike of the past century, believed to be a consequence of human activity, exceeded any warming episode during those years. The new work confirms that result while suggesting the modern warming is unique over a longer period.

The modern rise that has recreated the temperatures of 5,000 years ago is occurring at an exceedingly rapid clip on a geological time scale, appearing in graphs in the new paper as a sharp vertical spike. If the rise continues apace, early Holocene temperatures are likely to be surpassed within this century, Dr. Marcott said.

But there was a major problem with the data that was only teased out after questioning from climate change skeptics, who found the study's claim for the 20th century temperatures baseless, and which was confirmed in a Q&A with Marcott.

The money graph from Marcott, courtesy of Ross McKitrick writing at the Financial Post:

...the 20th century portion of our paleotemperature stack is not statistically robust, cannot be considered representative of global temperature changes...

Times environmental blogger Andrew Revkin also jumped on the alleged revelations on his blog "Dot Earth" March 7, "Scientists Find an Abrupt Warm Jog After a Very Long Cooling."

Revkin initially trumpeted that "...the work reveals a fresh, and very long, climate 'hockey stick.''

(The "hockey stick" is the now-discredited symbol global warming advocates have used since 1998 which purports to show a sharp spike in global temperatures in the 20th century.)

At least Revkin had the integrity to update his post March 31 to add: "The authors have posted a discussion of their paper that, in essence, takes away the blade from their hockey stick."

Revkin quoted a March 31 post by climate-change skeptic Roger A. Pielke, Jr., documenting "the gross misrepresentation of the findings of a recent scientific paper...which appears to skirt awfully close to crossing the line into research misconduct." Pielke also complained about the credulous reporting from Gillis and Revkin, although Revkin left that part out.

Pielke quoted Marcott's "the 20th century portion of our paleotemperature stack is not statistically robust" confession, then explained the implications for us layman:

What that means is that this paper actually has nothing to do with a "hockey stick" as it does not have the ability to reproduce 20th century temperatures in a manner that is "statistically robust." The new "hockey stick" is no such thing as Marcott et al. has no blade....the public representation of the paper was grossly in error. The temperature reconstruction does not allow any conclusions to be made about the period after 1900.
http://www.mrc.org/articles/latest-global-war...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Grand Birther wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, sorry you're so butthurt, but every dumb thing you've written here has been skewered, and laughably so, by yours truly.
You're an embarrassment.
I noticed you have not contested one point of my claim that the Earth has been cooling. Do you deny that Dr. James Hansen, NASA-GISS has been arrested at least six times over the past three years of which two were at the White House. I have been to two TEA Party events at Lafayette Park in Wash. D.C. and the only ones that got arrested were Libytardian counter-protesters!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

In 2007 Dr James Hansen, NASA-GISS reduced his temperature recording sites in the U.S. from 200 to just 60 all of which are in Urban Heat Island Big Cities.
As cities grow you get more people, more cars and other vehicles, more air conditioning (that makes more heat that it removes), more concrete and other structures and LESS green space which makes the cities even hotter and they confuse this with GLOBAL climate.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

The Urban Heat Island concept was establish about two hundred years ago in Boston, MA when some classical liberal minded people wondered if it was hotter inside the city or in the more rural areas. So the set up a test and they recorded temps. in and around the city during set times of the day and once a month they would meet in downtown Boston and compared notes and it turned out that downtown Boston WAS hotter than the surrounding areas.
Yep, back then they had classic liberals who were truly open minded. They should not be confused with the modern Liberals who are narrow minded bigots.
Grand Birther

Oregon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Rogue Moron is currently rehashing his favourite losing losing arguments that have long been known as specious or outright wrong.

The rest of the world goes on about its business.

Very sad to witness this man's years long decent into senility.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed you have not contested one point of my claim that the Earth has been cooling. Do you deny that Dr. James Hansen, NASA-GISS has been arrested at least six times over the past three years of which two were at the White House. I have been to two TEA Party events at Lafayette Park in Wash. D.C. and the only ones that got arrested were Libytardian counter-protesters!!!!
Not for me to contest. But, tell us, how long has the earth been cooling? 5, 10, 20, 50 years? Take the last 35 years, for example. I honestly don't pretend to know, so am asking. Has there been any cooling of the earth in the last 35 years or more?

As for Dr. Hansen, he was arrested twice at the White House? Was he meeting with the President when he was arrested? Was it the president who turned him in? Was it a gala evening, or a meeting of global-warming scientists? Was he arrested in the Oval Office or the Cabinet Room? Just askin'.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Grand Birther wrote:
Rogue Moron is currently rehashing his favourite losing losing arguments that have long been known as specious or outright wrong.
The rest of the world goes on about its business.
Very sad to witness this man's years long decent into senility.
Sad little troll. Can rebut even one of my points.
Just keep your head buried in the snow bank so you will not see your azz freeze off.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Not for me to contest. But, tell us, how long has the earth been cooling? 5, 10, 20, 50 years? Take the last 35 years, for example. I honestly don't pretend to know, so am asking. Has there been any cooling of the earth in the last 35 years or more?
As for Dr. Hansen, he was arrested twice at the White House? Was he meeting with the President when he was arrested? Was it the president who turned him in? Was it a gala evening, or a meeting of global-warming scientists? Was he arrested in the Oval Office or the Cabinet Room? Just askin'.
I don't know. Why don't you read this? Oh, I know it is Fox News but is it a lie? Why they did get one point wrong, he is NOT a federal employee! He does not work for NASA either. As a part of NASA-GISS he gets a federal grant.
Dr. Hansen is also an adjunct professor at .... Columbia University

Top NASA scientist arrested (again) in White House protest
Published February 13, 2013 FoxNews.com

NASA's top climate scientist and government official James Hansen was arrested Wednesday outside the White House -- at least the fourth arrest now for the scientist.
Hansen, a controversial and highly vocal proponent of the argument that man's actions have dramatically affected the planet's climate, is the director of the Goddard Institute for Space Studies -- a position for which he earns a $180,000 taxpayer-paid salary.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/02/13/top...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Ah, maybe this is why Dr. Hansen announced his retirement recently!!!

Dr. James Hansen’s growing financial scandal, now over a million dollars of outside income
Posted on November 18, 2011 by Anthony Watts

It seems esteemed NASA astronomer turned climatologist turned paid activist Dr. James Hansen of the Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) has not been reporting some income that he is required by law to do. How long will NASA continue to look the other way? Chris Horner explains.– Anthony

A Summary of James E. Hansen’s NASA Ethics File

By Christopher Horner

NASA records released to resolve litigation filed by the American Tradition Institute reveal that Dr. James E. Hansen, an astronomer, received approximately $1.6 million in outside, direct cash income in the past five years for work related to — and, according to his benefactors, often expressly for — his public service as a global warming activist within NASA.

This does not include six-figure income over that period in travel expenses to fly around the world to receive money from outside interests. As specifically detailed below, Hansen failed to report tens of thousands of dollars in global travel provided to him by outside parties — including to London, Paris, Rome, Oslo, Tokyo, the Austrian Alps, Bilbao, California, Australia and elsewhere, often business or first-class and also often paying for his wife as well — to receive honoraria to speak about the topic of his taxpayer-funded employment, or get cash awards for his activism and even for his past testimony and other work for NASA.

Ethics laws require that such payments or gifts be reported on an SF278 public financial disclosure form. As detailed, below, Hansen nonetheless regularly refused to report this income.

Also, he seems to have inappropriately taken between $10,000 and $26,000 for speeches unlawfully promoting him as a NASA employee. This is despite NASA ordering him to return at least some of the money, with the rest apparently unnoticed by NASA. This raises troubling issues about Hansen’s, and NASA’s, compliance with ethics rules, the general prohibition on not privately benefitting from public service, and even the criminal code prohibition on not having one’s public employment income supplemented. All of this lucrative activity followed Hansen ratcheting up his global warming alarmism and activism to be more political which, now to his possible detriment, he has insisted is part of his job. As he cannot receive outside income for doing his job, he has placed himself in peril, assuming the Department of Justice can find a way to be interested in these revelations.

The following summarizes records produced by the Department of Justice to resolve litigation against the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) for refusing to comply with a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request regarding the required financial disclosures Dr. James Hansen, director of NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies.

These records are his applications for outside employment or other activity (form 17-60), approvals and accompanying documents, and public financial disclosure (form SF 278).

As detailed in the American Tradition Institute’s lawsuit which yielded these records, Hansen suddenly became the recipient of many, often lucrative offers of outside employment and awards after he escalated his political activism — using his NASA position as a platform, and springboard. This began with a strident “60 Minutes” interview in early 2006, alleging political interference by the Bush administration in climate science.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Hansen acknowledged this timing on his website, noting that first he was offered an award of “a moderate amount of cash–$10,000&#8243; by an outside activist group. He claims to have turned this down because of the nominating process (without elaborating what that meant), and because of the impropriety of appearing to be financially rewarded for his outspokenness (“I was concerned that it may create the appearance that I had spoken out about government censorship [sic] for the sake of the $”).

Given that Hansen makes no bones about his (often outrageous) outspokenness and activism being, in his view, part of his job, this surely is also another way of saying it would look as if he were having his NASA salary supplemented by appreciative activists and others. That would violate the criminal code, 18 U.S.C. 209.

Yet, as the offers soon became larger, Hansen changed his mind.

The records reveal that NASA initially was very direct in warning Hansen of his responsibilities and prohibitions relating to these activities, which covered the subject of his public employment. Later, after Hansen gained much media attention and condemnation of his NASA superiors for (falsely) claiming he had been “muzzled”(the second president named Bush he claimed had muzzled him), certain clear restatements of the law were dropped from the approval letters responding to his applications for outside employment.

NASA oversight of Hansen’s compliance with ethics-related reporting requirements similarly waned. At no point did they seek reconciliation of his serially conflicting attestations detailed here.

Improper Receipt of Outside Income Without Obtaining Advance Permission

Hansen’s 2009 speech at Dartmouth University for a $5,000 honorarium and up to $1,000 in expenses came in violation of the clear rule against promoting his appearances as, or emphasizing his job with, NASA. It also had not been approved. NASA’s Deputy Chief Counsel Laura Giza, after admonishing these violations, demanded he return the improperly obtained money:

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 131,561 - 131,580 of174,457
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 15 min NITiN 4
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr shinningelectr0n 1,078,384
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr FACT 67,856
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr andet1987 4,543
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr andet1987 455
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 68,357
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Mister Tonka 97,511
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 22 at 8:55PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••