BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story
Grand Birther

United States

#149605 Apr 4, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it all depends on what the meaning of "is" is!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Y3KCEpzAcCgXX
Looks like Rogue Moron was again unable to engage at even a 5th grade level, because that is all he'd need be capable of to read the US Constitution.

How embarrassing.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#149606 Apr 4, 2013
As Latest Global Warming Scare Report Crumbles, Where's the New York Times' Follow-Up?: 4/4/2013 : By Clay Waters

Will New York Times environmental reporter Justin Gillis offer an addendum to his alarmist March 8 report, "Global Temperatures Highest in 4,000 Years," in the face of new information that discredits the underlying data?

In that story Gillis summarized a report (whose lead author is Oregon State University earth scientist Shaun Marcott) to declare without hesitation:

Global temperatures are warmer than at any time in at least 4,000 years, scientists reported Thursday, and over the coming decades are likely to surpass levels not seen on the planet since before the last ice age.

Previous research had extended back roughly 1,500 years, and suggested that the rapid temperature spike of the past century, believed to be a consequence of human activity, exceeded any warming episode during those years. The new work confirms that result while suggesting the modern warming is unique over a longer period.

The modern rise that has recreated the temperatures of 5,000 years ago is occurring at an exceedingly rapid clip on a geological time scale, appearing in graphs in the new paper as a sharp vertical spike. If the rise continues apace, early Holocene temperatures are likely to be surpassed within this century, Dr. Marcott said.

But there was a major problem with the data that was only teased out after questioning from climate change skeptics, who found the study's claim for the 20th century temperatures baseless, and which was confirmed in a Q&A with Marcott.

The money graph from Marcott, courtesy of Ross McKitrick writing at the Financial Post:

...the 20th century portion of our paleotemperature stack is not statistically robust, cannot be considered representative of global temperature changes...

Times environmental blogger Andrew Revkin also jumped on the alleged revelations on his blog "Dot Earth" March 7, "Scientists Find an Abrupt Warm Jog After a Very Long Cooling."

Revkin initially trumpeted that "...the work reveals a fresh, and very long, climate 'hockey stick.''

(The "hockey stick" is the now-discredited symbol global warming advocates have used since 1998 which purports to show a sharp spike in global temperatures in the 20th century.)

At least Revkin had the integrity to update his post March 31 to add: "The authors have posted a discussion of their paper that, in essence, takes away the blade from their hockey stick."

Revkin quoted a March 31 post by climate-change skeptic Roger A. Pielke, Jr., documenting "the gross misrepresentation of the findings of a recent scientific paper...which appears to skirt awfully close to crossing the line into research misconduct." Pielke also complained about the credulous reporting from Gillis and Revkin, although Revkin left that part out.

Pielke quoted Marcott's "the 20th century portion of our paleotemperature stack is not statistically robust" confession, then explained the implications for us layman:

What that means is that this paper actually has nothing to do with a "hockey stick" as it does not have the ability to reproduce 20th century temperatures in a manner that is "statistically robust." The new "hockey stick" is no such thing as Marcott et al. has no blade....the public representation of the paper was grossly in error. The temperature reconstruction does not allow any conclusions to be made about the period after 1900.
http://www.mrc.org/articles/latest-global-war...

Location hidden

#149607 Apr 4, 2013
Grand Birther wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, sorry you're so butthurt, but every dumb thing you've written here has been skewered, and laughably so, by yours truly.
You're an embarrassment.
I noticed you have not contested one point of my claim that the Earth has been cooling. Do you deny that Dr. James Hansen, NASA-GISS has been arrested at least six times over the past three years of which two were at the White House. I have been to two TEA Party events at Lafayette Park in Wash. D.C. and the only ones that got arrested were Libytardian counter-protesters!!!!

Location hidden

#149608 Apr 4, 2013
In 2007 Dr James Hansen, NASA-GISS reduced his temperature recording sites in the U.S. from 200 to just 60 all of which are in Urban Heat Island Big Cities.
As cities grow you get more people, more cars and other vehicles, more air conditioning (that makes more heat that it removes), more concrete and other structures and LESS green space which makes the cities even hotter and they confuse this with GLOBAL climate.

Location hidden

#149609 Apr 4, 2013
The Urban Heat Island concept was establish about two hundred years ago in Boston, MA when some classical liberal minded people wondered if it was hotter inside the city or in the more rural areas. So the set up a test and they recorded temps. in and around the city during set times of the day and once a month they would meet in downtown Boston and compared notes and it turned out that downtown Boston WAS hotter than the surrounding areas.
Yep, back then they had classic liberals who were truly open minded. They should not be confused with the modern Liberals who are narrow minded bigots.
Grand Birther

Oregon, OH

#149610 Apr 4, 2013
Rogue Moron is currently rehashing his favourite losing losing arguments that have long been known as specious or outright wrong.

The rest of the world goes on about its business.

Very sad to witness this man's years long decent into senility.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#149611 Apr 4, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed you have not contested one point of my claim that the Earth has been cooling. Do you deny that Dr. James Hansen, NASA-GISS has been arrested at least six times over the past three years of which two were at the White House. I have been to two TEA Party events at Lafayette Park in Wash. D.C. and the only ones that got arrested were Libytardian counter-protesters!!!!
Not for me to contest. But, tell us, how long has the earth been cooling? 5, 10, 20, 50 years? Take the last 35 years, for example. I honestly don't pretend to know, so am asking. Has there been any cooling of the earth in the last 35 years or more?

As for Dr. Hansen, he was arrested twice at the White House? Was he meeting with the President when he was arrested? Was it the president who turned him in? Was it a gala evening, or a meeting of global-warming scientists? Was he arrested in the Oval Office or the Cabinet Room? Just askin'.

Location hidden

#149612 Apr 4, 2013
Grand Birther wrote:
Rogue Moron is currently rehashing his favourite losing losing arguments that have long been known as specious or outright wrong.
The rest of the world goes on about its business.
Very sad to witness this man's years long decent into senility.
Sad little troll. Can rebut even one of my points.
Just keep your head buried in the snow bank so you will not see your azz freeze off.

Location hidden

#149613 Apr 4, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Not for me to contest. But, tell us, how long has the earth been cooling? 5, 10, 20, 50 years? Take the last 35 years, for example. I honestly don't pretend to know, so am asking. Has there been any cooling of the earth in the last 35 years or more?
As for Dr. Hansen, he was arrested twice at the White House? Was he meeting with the President when he was arrested? Was it the president who turned him in? Was it a gala evening, or a meeting of global-warming scientists? Was he arrested in the Oval Office or the Cabinet Room? Just askin'.
I don't know. Why don't you read this? Oh, I know it is Fox News but is it a lie? Why they did get one point wrong, he is NOT a federal employee! He does not work for NASA either. As a part of NASA-GISS he gets a federal grant.
Dr. Hansen is also an adjunct professor at .... Columbia University

Top NASA scientist arrested (again) in White House protest
Published February 13, 2013 FoxNews.com

NASA's top climate scientist and government official James Hansen was arrested Wednesday outside the White House -- at least the fourth arrest now for the scientist.
Hansen, a controversial and highly vocal proponent of the argument that man's actions have dramatically affected the planet's climate, is the director of the Goddard Institute for Space Studies -- a position for which he earns a $180,000 taxpayer-paid salary.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/02/13/top...

Location hidden

#149614 Apr 4, 2013
Ah, maybe this is why Dr. Hansen announced his retirement recently!!!

Dr. James Hansen’s growing financial scandal, now over a million dollars of outside income
Posted on November 18, 2011 by Anthony Watts

It seems esteemed NASA astronomer turned climatologist turned paid activist Dr. James Hansen of the Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) has not been reporting some income that he is required by law to do. How long will NASA continue to look the other way? Chris Horner explains.– Anthony

A Summary of James E. Hansen’s NASA Ethics File

By Christopher Horner

NASA records released to resolve litigation filed by the American Tradition Institute reveal that Dr. James E. Hansen, an astronomer, received approximately $1.6 million in outside, direct cash income in the past five years for work related to — and, according to his benefactors, often expressly for — his public service as a global warming activist within NASA.

This does not include six-figure income over that period in travel expenses to fly around the world to receive money from outside interests. As specifically detailed below, Hansen failed to report tens of thousands of dollars in global travel provided to him by outside parties — including to London, Paris, Rome, Oslo, Tokyo, the Austrian Alps, Bilbao, California, Australia and elsewhere, often business or first-class and also often paying for his wife as well — to receive honoraria to speak about the topic of his taxpayer-funded employment, or get cash awards for his activism and even for his past testimony and other work for NASA.

Ethics laws require that such payments or gifts be reported on an SF278 public financial disclosure form. As detailed, below, Hansen nonetheless regularly refused to report this income.

Also, he seems to have inappropriately taken between $10,000 and $26,000 for speeches unlawfully promoting him as a NASA employee. This is despite NASA ordering him to return at least some of the money, with the rest apparently unnoticed by NASA. This raises troubling issues about Hansen’s, and NASA’s, compliance with ethics rules, the general prohibition on not privately benefitting from public service, and even the criminal code prohibition on not having one’s public employment income supplemented. All of this lucrative activity followed Hansen ratcheting up his global warming alarmism and activism to be more political which, now to his possible detriment, he has insisted is part of his job. As he cannot receive outside income for doing his job, he has placed himself in peril, assuming the Department of Justice can find a way to be interested in these revelations.

The following summarizes records produced by the Department of Justice to resolve litigation against the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) for refusing to comply with a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request regarding the required financial disclosures Dr. James Hansen, director of NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies.

These records are his applications for outside employment or other activity (form 17-60), approvals and accompanying documents, and public financial disclosure (form SF 278).

As detailed in the American Tradition Institute’s lawsuit which yielded these records, Hansen suddenly became the recipient of many, often lucrative offers of outside employment and awards after he escalated his political activism — using his NASA position as a platform, and springboard. This began with a strident “60 Minutes” interview in early 2006, alleging political interference by the Bush administration in climate science.

Location hidden

#149615 Apr 4, 2013
Hansen acknowledged this timing on his website, noting that first he was offered an award of “a moderate amount of cash–$10,000&#8243; by an outside activist group. He claims to have turned this down because of the nominating process (without elaborating what that meant), and because of the impropriety of appearing to be financially rewarded for his outspokenness (“I was concerned that it may create the appearance that I had spoken out about government censorship [sic] for the sake of the $”).

Given that Hansen makes no bones about his (often outrageous) outspokenness and activism being, in his view, part of his job, this surely is also another way of saying it would look as if he were having his NASA salary supplemented by appreciative activists and others. That would violate the criminal code, 18 U.S.C. 209.

Yet, as the offers soon became larger, Hansen changed his mind.

The records reveal that NASA initially was very direct in warning Hansen of his responsibilities and prohibitions relating to these activities, which covered the subject of his public employment. Later, after Hansen gained much media attention and condemnation of his NASA superiors for (falsely) claiming he had been “muzzled”(the second president named Bush he claimed had muzzled him), certain clear restatements of the law were dropped from the approval letters responding to his applications for outside employment.

NASA oversight of Hansen’s compliance with ethics-related reporting requirements similarly waned. At no point did they seek reconciliation of his serially conflicting attestations detailed here.

Improper Receipt of Outside Income Without Obtaining Advance Permission

Hansen’s 2009 speech at Dartmouth University for a $5,000 honorarium and up to $1,000 in expenses came in violation of the clear rule against promoting his appearances as, or emphasizing his job with, NASA. It also had not been approved. NASA’s Deputy Chief Counsel Laura Giza, after admonishing these violations, demanded he return the improperly obtained money:

Location hidden

#149616 Apr 4, 2013
She should have shot his nutz off.

Spokane Grandmother Of 10 Holds Burglar At Gunpoint At Her Home April 4, 2013 1:00 PM

SPOKANE, Wash.(CBS Seattle)— Spokane police say a grandmother held a burglar at gunpoint at her home until authorities arrived.

KXLY-TV reports that Sandy Mize, a grandmother to 10, fired a warning shot and held the suspect, 35-year-old Sean Denny, in her living room until he tried to get away. That’s when authorities apprehended him in her backyard early Wednesday morning.

“I told him I was armed,” she told KREM-TV.“He kept coming, so I started backing up.”

Mize says she fired a warning round at the suspect but it did not hit him.

“He laid on the couch. I stood there for a very short period of time. I asked him,‘Did I hit you?’ There was no response. No movement,” Mize told KREM.“So I made my way to the telephone and dialed 911.”

Neighbors were proud of what Mize did.

“I think it’s great,” Vicki Plastino told KXLY.“She’s wonderful.”

Police say Denny went into Mize’s house after he burglarized a nearby business.

Denny has been charged with burglary and resisting arrest and is being held on $25,000 bond.

Location hidden

#149617 Apr 4, 2013
HHS Resurrects ‘ACORN’ Through ObamaCare

Thursday, April 4, 2013

ObamaCare provides millions of dollars in grants to hire community activists and others as “navigators” to assist individuals enroll in health insurance provided by state or federal exchanges and, according to recent reports, register people to vote. In a new rule proposed Wednesday, HHS lays out numerous guidelines for these “navigators”, including paying them up to $48/hour for their work. The rule, guidelines and voter registration effort are a potential vehicle to resurrect ACORN or an ACORN-like entity.

One organization expected to take a lead role in distributing the funds and overseeing hiring is Enroll America, a new non-profit headed by Anne Filipic, a former Obama White House official under Valerie Jarrett. Filipic was also a senior staff member at OFA director and a former Obama campaign director. The organization was founded, in part, by Families USA, a far-left advocacy organization that lobbied aggressively for ObamaCare, a source at HHS told Breitbart News. Filipic has said she expects Enroll America to spend $100 million on the enrollment effort. A large percentage of this is likely to come from federal funds.

Post Continues on www.breitbart.com

Read more: http://patriotupdate.com/2013/04/hhs-resurrec...

Location hidden

#149618 Apr 4, 2013

Ottawa

#149620 Apr 4, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. Why don't you read this? Oh, I know it is Fox News but is it a lie? Why they did get one point wrong, he is NOT a federal employee! He does not work for NASA either. As a part of NASA-GISS he gets a federal grant.
Dr. Hansen is also an adjunct professor at .... Columbia University
Top NASA scientist arrested (again) in White House protest
Published February 13, 2013 FoxNews.com
NASA's top climate scientist and government official James Hansen was arrested Wednesday outside the White House -- at least the fourth arrest now for the scientist.
Hansen, a controversial and highly vocal proponent of the argument that man's actions have dramatically affected the planet's climate, is the director of the Goddard Institute for Space Studies -- a position for which he earns a $180,000 taxpayer-paid salary.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/02/13/top...
Relax, Roguem,calm down. I was just asking about your remark, to wit : "arrested at least six times over the past three years of which two were at the White House". You wrote "at the White House", didn't you? You meant outside the White House grounds, oh, I see. I never disputed it, please read carefully next time before soiling your panties.
Cleeetus

United States

#149621 Apr 4, 2013
Baraakus Insane Hoebama, the worst president ever!!!

Ottawa

#149622 Apr 4, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
HHS Resurrects ‘ACORN’ Through ObamaCare
Thursday, April 4, 2013
ObamaCare provides millions of dollars in grants to hire community activists and others as “navigators” to assist individuals enroll in health insurance provided by state or federal exchanges and, according to recent reports, register people to vote. In a new rule proposed Wednesday, HHS lays out numerous guidelines for these “navigators”, including paying them up to $48/hour for their work. The rule, guidelines and voter registration effort are a potential vehicle to resurrect ACORN or an ACORN-like entity.
One organization expected to take a lead role in distributing the funds and overseeing hiring is Enroll America, a new non-profit headed by Anne Filipic, a former Obama White House official under Valerie Jarrett. Filipic was also a senior staff member at OFA director and a former Obama campaign director. The organization was founded, in part, by Families USA, a far-left advocacy organization that lobbied aggressively for ObamaCare, a source at HHS told Breitbart News. Filipic has said she expects Enroll America to spend $100 million on the enrollment effort. A large percentage of this is likely to come from federal funds.
Post Continues on www.breitbart.com
Read more: http://patriotupdate.com/2013/04/hhs-resurrec...
Sounds good.

And that Patriotupdate.com crap org is simply a redneck group calling itself patriotic whilst branding anyone, that is, the majority of Americans who don't agree with their ultra right-wing views, as traitors.

Ottawa

#149623 Apr 4, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
She should have shot his nutz off.
Spokane Grandmother Of 10 Holds Burglar At Gunpoint At Her Home April 4, 2013 1:00 PM
SPOKANE, Wash.(CBS Seattle)— Spokane police say a grandmother held a burglar at gunpoint at her home until authorities arrived.
KXLY-TV reports that Sandy Mize, a grandmother to 10, fired a warning shot and held the suspect, 35-year-old Sean Denny, in her living room until he tried to get away. That’s when authorities apprehended him in her backyard early Wednesday morning.
“I told him I was armed,” she told KREM-TV.“He kept coming, so I started backing up.”
Mize says she fired a warning round at the suspect but it did not hit him.
“He laid on the couch. I stood there for a very short period of time. I asked him,‘Did I hit you?’ There was no response. No movement,” Mize told KREM.“So I made my way to the telephone and dialed 911.”
Neighbors were proud of what Mize did.
“I think it’s great,” Vicki Plastino told KXLY.“She’s wonderful.”
Police say Denny went into Mize’s house after he burglarized a nearby business.
Denny has been charged with burglary and resisting arrest and is being held on $25,000 bond.
You're a fool. A total unmitigated foolish man.

Ottawa

#149624 Apr 4, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad little troll. Can rebut even one of my points.
Just keep your head buried in the snow bank so you will not see your azz freeze off.
Bystander walking by, sees an azz sticking out of snow bank, shouts "Hello, Rogue, looking good today".

Ottawa

#149625 Apr 4, 2013
Cleeetus wrote:
Baraakus Insane Hoebama, the worst president ever!!!
As hillbilly Cleeetus dismounts from his favourite sheep.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Grey Ghost 1,124,489
only sex 14 min amitjulee 1
Amy 10-19 15 min Kuuipo 8
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 26 min casting director 98,492
BoyshineLiesIn SpeechAtNW 32 min LipsMoveBhoLies 6
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 41 min STEFANO COLONNA 69,957
Mike Brown Deserved What He Got 42 min Read NO_3 4
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]