BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 194554 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#149640 Apr 5, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
But hey, Barack's Air Force One costs about $200,000. per hour to operate and with his many trips, he spent almost half a billion dollars on flights alone last year. Yeah, that's with a B?$500,000,000.
My comments;
When Air Force One flies, it does not fly alone. there are usually 4-6 support aircraft. If Obama reduced gis travel by just 10%, that would be about $50 BILLION he could spend on things like feeding staving children.
1. Have you verified the use of Air Force One by Obama's predecessors? How do they compare?

2. You state that if Obama cut his Air Force One travel by just 10%, yes, you wrote 10%, he could spend $50 BILLION on things like saving starving children. Is that so? 10%, uh? Which translates to his spending 500 BILLION or half a trillion on Air Force One. Flying may be your business, Rogue, but 'rithmetic sure ain't. Hyperbolism and outright lying sure are, though.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#149641 Apr 5, 2013
Hummmm, I have never heard of any "administrative" procedure that would fine someone. It is not hard to relieve someone of command as all that has to be document is that the superior commander has "lost faith" in the junior commander.
but to fine someone takes a minimum of an Article 15, Non-Judicial Punishment which the accused has to agree to accept. If any soldier is offered an AR-15 punishment he can decline and be ..... court-martialed! Likewise, the accused can also turn down a "Summary C-M" but at least he does have the right to appeal any court-martial.
Soooo, did this general get an AR-15 or was he court-matialled? And I seriously doubt the author of this piece, Lolita C. Baldor, have any idea of what she is reporting on.

Officials: General Fired Over Alcohol, Sex Charges
Apr 05, 2013 - Associated Press| by Lolita C. Baldor

WASHINGTON -- An Army major general with U.S. Africa Command has been relieved of his post in connection with alcohol and sexual misconduct charges, defense officials said Thursday.
Officials said Maj. Gen. Ralph Baker, commander of the Combined Joint Task Force-Horn of Africa, was fired from his command last Thursday and he was fined a portion of his pay by Gen. Carter Ham, head of U.S. Africa Command, after an administrative hearing and review. The officials said Ham lost confidence in Baker's ability to command.
Baker has appealed the administrative action to Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel. But since senior commanders such as Ham have broad latitude in decisions to relieve subordinates of command, Hagel's decision may focus more on the financial punishment doled out by Ham, officials said.
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2013/04/05...

Ottawa

#149642 Apr 5, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
HHS Resurrects ‘ACORN’ Through ObamaCare
Thursday, April 4, 2013
ObamaCare provides millions of dollars in grants to hire community activists and others as “navigators” to assist individuals enroll in health insurance provided by state or federal exchanges and, according to recent reports, register people to vote. In a new rule proposed Wednesday, HHS lays out numerous guidelines for these “navigators”, including paying them up to $48/hour for their work. The rule, guidelines and voter registration effort are a potential vehicle to resurrect ACORN or an ACORN-like entity.
One organization expected to take a lead role in distributing the funds and overseeing hiring is Enroll America, a new non-profit headed by Anne Filipic, a former Obama White House official under Valerie Jarrett. Filipic was also a senior staff member at OFA director and a former Obama campaign director. The organization was founded, in part, by Families USA, a far-left advocacy organization that lobbied aggressively for ObamaCare, a source at HHS told Breitbart News. Filipic has said she expects Enroll America to spend $100 million on the enrollment effort. A large percentage of this is likely to come from federal funds.
Post Continues on www.breitbart.com
Read more: http://patriotupdate.com/2013/04/hhs-resurrec ...
<quoted text>
Again you attack the messenger and not the message. When you can not intellectually rebut the points of view of the writer, you stoop down and, like a monkey in a cage, start throwing monkey poop.
Rush Limbaugh puts Liberal to the top of his call in line and he allows them to make idiots of themselves and, on the average, they start throwing monkey poop within twenty seconds.
Now here is a typical Liberal call-in to the Rush Limbuagh Show. Note, the caller does not understand reading a quote does not mean the reader, Rush, has the same opinion.
Crazy Liberal Calls Rush Limbaugh - "You Called Jimmy Carter A Wimp."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =iN2ytOrQJBUXX
The caller also assumes that because someone served in the military, he is more honorable than one that did not serve. I wish Rush had asked the caller if HE served in the military!
Another Rogue quote : "When you can not intellectually rebut the points of view of the writer, you stoop down and, like a monkey in a cage, start throwing monkey poop."

Well, well, Rogue, I recall asking you yesterday if stating that President Obama uses underlings as puffers, has their front teeth extracted so they won't bite him, constitutes an intellectual conversation.

As to that patriot crap internet link, yes, Rogue, attacking that kind of messenger is very cricket as the messenger itself is redneck, unpatriotic and rotten. Don't forget, Benedict Arnold, not unlike this patriot garbage, was a messenger to the Brits.

Location hidden

#149643 Apr 5, 2013
Oh, a commander does Article 15 punishments. In the Navy it is called a "Captain's Mast" but it is still covered under Article 15 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice.
A Summary Court-Martial's convening authority is the next higher commander and the convening authority for a Special or General Court-Martial is always a General Commanding Officer. In any event, the convening authority must be in the serviceman's Chain of Command.
And all UCMJ actions must be approved by the next higher commander.

Ottawa

#149644 Apr 5, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Oh, a commander does Article 15 punishments. In the Navy it is called a "Captain's Mast" but it is still covered under Article 15 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice.
A Summary Court-Martial's convening authority is the next higher commander and the convening authority for a Special or General Court-Martial is always a General Commanding Officer. In any event, the convening authority must be in the serviceman's Chain of Command.
And all UCMJ actions must be approved by the next higher commander.
Could anyone care less about these obscure military codes of conduct? Talk about global cooling, Rogue, and answer the questions I posed as to the cooling of the globe in the last, say, 35 years. Still waiting.

Location hidden

#149645 Apr 5, 2013
I do have some insight into this. In Vietnam my father was the G-3 of the 1st Aviation Brigade and after Lam Son 719 he had to travel to I Corps and while there he same a family friend who I will call Colonel K.
My father returned to Bde. HQ and recommended that Colonel k. be relieved of his command and BG Jack Hemingway did so. My father, being the G-3, was not in the chain of commander but he could make recommendations.
Operation Lam Son 719
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Lam_So...

Location hidden

#149646 Apr 5, 2013
On New Year's Day 1969 I was a senior in high school and my dad had some friends over to watch football and one of which was Col. K. I has in our garage cleaning my Yamaha 100 motorcycle when Col. K. came out and asked if he could ride it and I said NO.
A few minutes later my Dad came out and told me to let Col. K. ride my motorcycle so I put the key in and kick started it and with my knee turned the fuel valve OFF. Col. K. jumped on and took off around the block and returned about 15 minutes later pushing it saying it would not stay started.
Again with my knee i turned the fuel valve on, started my motorcycle and drove it around the block and told my Dad that it was fine. later that night I confessed to my Dad what I had done.
Fast forward two years and now I was in Vietnam and ran into Col. K. and he pointed at me and said my Dad had ratted me out and he was going to get even in a joking way.

Location hidden

#149647 Apr 5, 2013
Several years later Col. K. dies from sudden cardiac arrest and ten years later his son, who was a captain in the Air Force, also died of the same type of cardiac arrest. A few years later they discovered that people with, what looked like a minor heart rhythm, had a high rate of that type of cardiac arrest and now days they are put on pacemakers.

Ottawa

#149648 Apr 5, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
On New Year's Day 1969 I was a senior in high school and my dad had some friends over to watch football and one of which was Col. K. I has in our garage cleaning my Yamaha 100 motorcycle when Col. K. came out and asked if he could ride it and I said NO.
A few minutes later my Dad came out and told me to let Col. K. ride my motorcycle so I put the key in and kick started it and with my knee turned the fuel valve OFF. Col. K. jumped on and took off around the block and returned about 15 minutes later pushing it saying it would not stay started.
Again with my knee i turned the fuel valve on, started my motorcycle and drove it around the block and told my Dad that it was fine. later that night I confessed to my Dad what I had done.
Fast forward two years and now I was in Vietnam and ran into Col. K. and he pointed at me and said my Dad had ratted me out and he was going to get even in a joking way.
Yamaha 100? 100? Sissy bike, lame, did you have to pedal to make it go over 20 mph? LMAO (LRS tm reg'd).

Ottawa

#149649 Apr 5, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Several years later Col. K. dies from sudden cardiac arrest and ten years later his son, who was a captain in the Air Force, also died of the same type of cardiac arrest. A few years later they discovered that people with, what looked like a minor heart rhythm, had a high rate of that type of cardiac arrest and now days they are put on pacemakers.
...but more often on Coumadin or generic Warfarin pills.

Location hidden

#149650 Apr 5, 2013
OHG, this looks like the Yamaha 100 I had in high school in 1968-69. It was one bad-azzed bike. I think it could do a whole 55 mph!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Sue

Katy, TX

#149651 Apr 5, 2013

Location hidden

#149652 Apr 5, 2013
Washington, we have a problem. Out of ten aircraft carriers three are in major overhauls which leads us to only seven operational carriers!!! Soooo, it a major combat resumes in Korea, we might be able to send two carriers!!!
Oh, obama took the USS Enterprise out of service three years earlier than planned. The Enterprise was planned to be take out of service AFTER the USS Gerald Ford goes into service in 2016!!!
Yes, the Enterprise is in war storage along with three other carriers but it would forut to six months before it would be ready to deploy. You see, it is not just ONE ship, it is a dozen ships and a whole Wing of aircraft all of which need to be re-manned and trained.
There is a saying, you go to war with what you have and right now our Navy, Marines and Army are at their lowest levels than they were before the Attack of Peal Harbor in 1941. Only the Air Force is in better shape but not in the shape it was five years ago.
And a war can be lost before we have fully mobilized! Gone are the days when we had time from the start of a war to build up a response. In WWII it took us several years but back then we had a few years which still cost us over 100,000 dead. Americans. Today a war can be lost in a week with a 100 million dead Americans!
Ellen1

Arlington, MA

#149653 Apr 5, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right. Obama was never vetted. McCain was vetted by the U.S. Senate, but not Obama!!! Ever voter has the right to challenge any political candidate.
So why has no one vetted Obama? Because they have a fear of being labeled a .... RACIST. And that makes them political COWARDS.
And what a person like Judge Arthur has to say is not revetent.
No one "vetted" George W. Bush or Bill Clinton or Bush Senior or Reagan or Carter or Ford or Nixon or LBJ or JFK or Eisenhower, etc.

The reason why not is that there is no procedure in the Constitution or any law for "vetting" presidential candidates. The assumption is that the opponents of the candidates will do the "vetting"---and in fact Hillary Clinton (and McCain too) did do the "vetting." Both of them checked out whether or not Obama was born in Hawaii or born in a foreign country, and when they found that the facts showed that indeed Obama was born in Hawaii and not born in any foreign country, they stopped "vetting."

Obama's birth in the USA is now confirmed far more than any other president's was, and his Natural Born Citizen status has been confirmed by TEN appeals courts, all of which cited the Wong Kim Ark Supreme Court ruling and none of which cited Minor v. Happersett. And, in perhaps the most overwhelming sign of Obama's eligibility being confirmed, not one single member of the US Electoral College changed their vote from Obama to McCain in 2008 or from Obama to Romney in 2012 out of the nutty idea that Obama was not born in the USA or the crazy legal theory that two citizen parents are required to be a Natural Born US citizen. In past elections one or two electors did not follow the votes of their voters in their states, but in these two elections not one switched a vote. And Obama's election was confirmed UNANIMOUSLY by the US Congress in both elections.

Obama has been "vetted."

Location hidden

#149654 Apr 5, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Could anyone care less about these obscure military codes of conduct? Talk about global cooling, Rogue, and answer the questions I posed as to the cooling of the globe in the last, say, 35 years. Still waiting.
What proof do you have that the Earth has warmed one thousands of a degree in the past dozen years? Dr. James Hansen has been totally discredited!

Location hidden

#149655 Apr 5, 2013
Oh, NASA-MSFC has said the Earth has cooled one degree centigrade so far this century!!!

Location hidden

#149656 Apr 5, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yamaha 100? 100? Sissy bike, lame, did you have to pedal to make it go over 20 mph? LMAO (LRS tm reg'd).
Well, there were four drivers in our family at the time and only two cars. Yes, a Yamaha 100 was lame but it got me to where I wanted to go and all I needed to do was to get from school to my after school job at the florist and then back home.

Location hidden

#149657 Apr 5, 2013
Do you remember Hurricane Irene from Aug 2011? Shortly after that I ran into two young men who had moped problems. They were from the Tampa area and had a job offering in Norfolk, VA as carpenters but their car died. They got a thousand dollars for it as junk and bough a 50cc moped and headed north.
It you know anything about mopeds, they have only 3 hp and a maximum speed of only 45 mph ..... and they are limited to one person who is not over 220 pounds!!!
Soooo, here were these two 150 (?) guns with their bags heading north and near Ocala they blew a rear tire and waited a day to get it fixed. I ran into them at Baldwin, FL where their engine had failed and it was dead!!! I felt sorry for them so I put their moped in the back of my Honda Ridgeline and took them to a moped shop where they were told it would be $700 for a new engine and they were broke.
One 150 pound guy and his bags may have made it on a moped but not two!
Oh, the moped had only 400 miles on it but the dealer said their warranty was void as it failed because the moped was seriously overloaded.

Ottawa

#149658 Apr 5, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Washington, we have a problem. Out of ten aircraft carriers three are in major overhauls which leads us to only seven operational carriers!!! Soooo, it a major combat resumes in Korea, we might be able to send two carriers!!!
Oh, obama took the USS Enterprise out of service three years earlier than planned. The Enterprise was planned to be take out of service AFTER the USS Gerald Ford goes into service in 2016!!!
Yes, the Enterprise is in war storage along with three other carriers but it would forut to six months before it would be ready to deploy. You see, it is not just ONE ship, it is a dozen ships and a whole Wing of aircraft all of which need to be re-manned and trained.
There is a saying, you go to war with what you have and right now our Navy, Marines and Army are at their lowest levels than they were before the Attack of Peal Harbor in 1941. Only the Air Force is in better shape but not in the shape it was five years ago.
And a war can be lost before we have fully mobilized! Gone are the days when we had time from the start of a war to build up a response. In WWII it took us several years but back then we had a few years which still cost us over 100,000 dead. Americans. Today a war can be lost in a week with a 100 million dead Americans!
So, Rogue, who is going to attack? Will any attack justify the use of 7 aircraft carriers, what with US bases within striking distance of almost if not all foes? Tell me, Rogue, how many operational carriers does Russia have? How many operational aircraft carriers does China have? How many operational aircraft carriers does N.Korea have? Answer to all THREE : ZERO. So, what exactly is it you are so worried about?

Obama was right to retire the Enterprise and I'm sure if he had his way, he'd retire all but 2 or 3 of them. Do you know how much these behemoths cost to build, and, even worse, cost to operate and maintain? Don't you think those funds should instead wisely go to health care, social services, education, veterans, public works, unemployment benefits, housing? You neglect those areas too much, Rogue, and pretty soon, those dinosaur aircraft carriers will have nothing to defend.

Ottawa

#149659 Apr 5, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
What proof do you have that the Earth has warmed one thousands of a degree in the past dozen years? Dr. James Hansen has been totally discredited!
I posed a question, I advanced nothing. You're not too good at answering, now are you? Yes or no : Has the earth cooled in the last 35 years? What HAS it done? Cooled, warmed of status quo?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 23 min scirocco 1,263,862
Word (Dec '08) 24 min Red_Forman 5,382
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 25 min Red_Forman 6,257
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 42 min Go Blue Forever 100,299
how many people think louis farrakhan is an idiot (Mar '11) 1 hr reality is a crutch 8
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr ritedownthemiddle 54,358
News Fatal heat wave 20 years ago changed Chicago's ... 7 hr VeganTiger 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages