BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Comments (Page 6,575)

Showing posts 131,481 - 131,500 of167,687
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Christie-Palin2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
And you believe it when Obama said he would cut the deficit in half in his first term in office. And that he would close GITMO in his first year and get us out of both Iraq and Afghanistan too in his first year.
And the Nobel nut jobs gave Obama the Nobel Peace prize for doing what? Being the first half-black man to be elected president of the U.S.? You would think that they would have revoked his peace prize because he did not close GITMO!!!
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
This is another repeat. You typed the exact same words about two months ago, and all wrong, as usual.
When he said he'd cut it in half, he had no idea the mess that GWB and his cronies had created. The clueless Bush himself didn't know as the strings were all being pulled for him.
As to Gitmo, it was a naive promise at best, should've known the Repubs and military brass would never allow it as , "what the hell do you do with the prisoners as they've been so badly treated, you ain't see nuthin' yet if they are ever released."
As to the Nobel,they gave it to him. Was he supposed to refuse it?
Sooo, what is this?

Obama will cut deficit in half FEB 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Oh, today is not Bunny Day!
Grand Birther wrote:
<quoted text>
Today definitely has it's origins in Germanic pagan festival called Pashca, which celebrated the goddess "Eostre" or "Ostara."
Deal with it.
In the year 33, did the Christians even know there were Germanic tribes?
The fact is is that Easter is based on Good Friday which is in turn based on Passover which is based on the Jewish LUNAR calender.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebrew_calendar

Yep, anything to demean Christianity!

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

No if anything is based of history, it is the Muslim religion which believes that Mohammed rose into heaven from Jerusalem and the returned to Earth.
Hohammed was fully aware of both the Jewish and Christian religions and he wanted to upstage them.
While Hohammed was alive he never visited Jerusalem but in a dream he flew on a horse to Jerusalem where he then assented to Heaven and met with God before returning to Earth. That way he could be more powerful than Jesus and could lay claim to Jerusalem.
The Mosque on the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem is thought to by Jews, Christians and Muslims the place where Abraham was to sacrifice his son. Now Abraham's first son was from a slave woman and Muslims believe it was this son, Ismael, that he was to sacrifice whereas Jews and Christians believe it was Isaac.

From Wiki;

Abraham and Isaac

At some point in Isaac's youth, Abraham was commanded by God to offer his son up as a sacrifice in the land of Moriah. The patriarch traveled three days until he came to the mount that God told him of. He commanded the servants to remain while he and Isaac proceeded alone into the mount. Isaac carried the wood upon which he would be sacrificed. Along the way, Isaac asked his father where the animal for the burnt offering was, to which Abraham replied "God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering". Just as Abraham was about to sacrifice his son, he was interrupted by "the angel of the LORD", and he saw behind him a ram "caught in a thicket by his horns", which he sacrificed instead of his son. For his obedience he received another promise of numerous descendants and abundant prosperity. After this event, Abraham went to Beersheba.(Genesis 22:1–19)

Islam
Abraham

Main article: Abraham in Islam
Ibr&#257;h&#299;m (Abraham) is an important figure in the Quran, mentioned in 25 chapters, briefly or in detail. Muslims regard him as a prophet and patriarch, the archetype of the perfect Muslim, and the revered reformer of the Kaaba in Mecca.
Islamic traditions consider Ibr&#257;h&#299;m (Abraham) the father of Islam (which is also called millat Ibrahim, the "religion of Abraham"), and that his purpose and mission throughout his life was to proclaim the Oneness of God. When Ibrahim (Abraham) was asked for sacrifice and took Ism&#257;'&#299;l (Ishmael) to the place when he was about to use the knife, God placed a sheep under his hand. From that day onward, every Eid al-Adha once a year Muslims around the world slaughter a sheep to follow the path of Ibr&#257;h&#299;m (Abraham) that is called Qurbani sacrifice.
[

Since: Aug 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Birthers....LOL
Grand Birther

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Rogue Moron thinks the truth is "bashing Christians."

That's why he's a sad lonely topix troll.
Frank

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

truman wrote:
<quoted text>Spokane isnt a rural area.
Its a city.
Spokane's Riverfront Park used to be a large train terminal/hub and before that it was the location of a large Chinatown.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

How many Peeps can a 50 cal go through? Cadbury Easter Eggs too!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Grand Birther wrote:
<quoted text>
Today definitely has it's origins in Germanic pagan festival called Pashca, which celebrated the goddess "Eostre" or "Ostara."
Deal with it.
The fact is is that Easter is based on Good Friday which is in turn based on Passover which is based on the Jewish LUNAR calender.

Grand Birther wrote:
Rogue Moron thinks the truth is "bashing Christians."
That's why he's a sad lonely topix troll.
God bless your pea picking heart. Go forth and sin no more.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Silly Libtard!!!

IT IS PASCHA NOT EASTER!
by Fr. Michael Harper

I hear occasionally from someone who sometimes accuses the Orthodox Church of being "foreign", and so unsuitable for the British. A few days ago he sent me a card saying "the word in English is Easter". My reply was "the word in Greek (and, therefore, English), is Pascha".
This is a much more important subject than a mere dispute about words. If the word in English is Easter, then one is bound to ask "what word?" Was there some word which, when translated into English, became "Easter"? The plain answer is "no". There is one simple reason for this, Jesus Christ in the days of his flesh never visited these shores, and his words were not written in English. He spoke Aramaic, and his sayings were recorded in Greek, as were the words of the other NT writers like Paul and Peter. An example of the desire to replace the word "Pascha" with "Easter" is the King James version translation of Acts 12:4 which describes the arrest of Peter by Herod and his intention "after Easter to bring him forth to the people". The Greek word here is pascha, and all modern translations rightly now translate the word "passover"
We need to realise also that there is no equivalent word for "Easter" in the Greek language, for one simple but important reason, the word is an Anglo-Saxon word for a pagan festival. The word in its original use is entirely pagan. According to the English Church historian Bede, it derives from a pagan spring festival in honour of Eastra or Ostara a Teutonic goddess. It has no associations whatsoever with Christ, His death and Resurrection, or indeed anything Christian. Is it not, therefore, unsuitable to be used to describe the greatest day in the life of the Church? The French, Italians and Spanish do not make the same mistake. Their words come from the proper source — Passover, which in Greek is the word "Pascha".
Pascha is derived from the Jewish word Pesah which means "Passover". And here there is a direct link with the New Testament. In 1 Corinthians 5:7 we read, "for our paschal lamb, Christ, has been sacrificed". According to St John, Christ was crucified at the very time that the paschal lambs were being killed. There is another link with the Old Testament because of the importance to the Jews of the Feast of the Passover. The verbal form means to protect and to have compassion as well as "passover". The experience of the Israelites was literally a "passover", but it was also an experience of both God’s compassion for his people, and a great act of protection, as for example, the passage through the Red Sea. The crucifixion and later Resurrection of Christ took place during the Passover Feast. So for Christians Christ was clearly the Paschal Lamb, the fulfilment of all that the Passover had foreshadowed since the first Passover which celebrated the liberation of the Israelites from slavery in Egypt. Let us remember that because the word "Pascha" is in its origin a Hebrew word, by using it we are a witness to the Jewish community, for whom the Passover is still one of the most important words in their religious faith.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Orthodox believers living in the West have always been under pressure in all directions to conform to western ways, ideas and practices. There is nothing new in this. The Crusades were the worst and most blatant attempt by the West to bring the East to heel. But the pressures continue, albeit in more subtle ways. And one example of this is our constant temptation to drop the word "Pascha" and for clarity (and sometimes charity) use the western word "Easter". But perhaps the time has come for us to make a stand against this. In our increasingly secular and pagan society the use of a pagan word, of which no one knows the meaning, is hardly suitable to describe the greatest day in the Christian year. When most people knew the Christian meaning of the word "Easter" one could perhaps make out a case for using the word. But not today!

To be practical
There are still some for whom the word "Easter" has all the right resonances. Let us not want for a moment to deprive them of that blessing. Easter for them does not mean hats, chocolate eggs, parades or watching football; it means the Cross of Christ and his glorious Resurrection.
But let the Orthodox stick to the right word, which is "Pascha". Let us use it in our own circles, and discard the pagan word "Easter". We should do this — not to be different, but to be truthful.
However, when we are in mixed company, for the sake of clarity (and charity) let us use both words, if possible with a simple and humbly presented explanation. For example — "We shall soon be celebrating Pascha — or as you call it ‘Easter’". Or, "we shall soon be celebrating Easter, or as we call it ‘Pascha’".
We should encourage the West to unite with us in using the right word, which is Pascha.
And finally, let us not get dragged down with a dispute about mere words. St Paul warned believers in his day "to avoid wrangling about words, which does no good but only ruins those who are listening" (2 Timothy 2:14). The important matter here is not what the Festival is called, but the reality of the Death and Resurrection of Christ. Yes, Christ is Risen! If we can agree there, then what we call it, important though that is, can be seen in its proper perspective.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Easter in German is "Ostern" and Spanish it is "Pascua".
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

QUIT deleting my posts!
WHY are you "censoring" ME?

``````````
I "found" this on another website. It fits in pretty much "perfectly" with what I have been trying to say. Changing the name to protect the poster.

Anon. wrote:

Dear topix.com ,
At times, I totally enjoy your website, there is nothing more enjoyable and relaxing then a good clean, lighthearted, conversation with like minded, mature commenters. Other times, I want to rip out a trolls eyes and spit in Chris Tolle’s face, for making my life a living hell.[mine is NOT or I wouldn't be HERE-AL]

I’ll gladly take some of the blame for my times of discontent on topix, after all, no one forces me to visit topix.com . But let me tell you a short, non-fiction story about topix hell in small town U.S.A....

Most people don’t have to, and shouldn't post their real names on topix, but that doesn't stop someone else from putting you in the limelight. And once you are there, it’s hard to get out of it. In a small town, where ¾ of the population is family and lifelong friends, being in the limelight on topix can be very devastating and damaging.

In my case, my personal troll(s) have taken it to extremes. And I totally agree with Miss Virginia Hoge, NEVER give in to bullies. By giving in, you are empowering them and therefore, IMO, contributing to the bullying.

I wont go into detail about what is being said daily about me on topix, it is the epitome of defamation, and is in no way, protected free speech. It’s bad enough that I have to read this about myself on a public forum, viewable worldwide, but how about the community’s children that reads this overly explicit garbage?

How can it be justified that children are being corrupted and their minds poisoned against their family, friends and neighbors when there are no knowledgeable adults attempting to deter it, or protect them from it?

There aren't that many parents even aware of topix.com . Oft times, they (the children) are introduced to the website by a friend or a classmate, and by the time their parents are aware of their child’s topix activity, the damage is already done.

I can go on, and on about this but let me just cut to the chase. I can think of many ways of protecting many, many innocent victims of topix defamation by making minor changes to it’s policies and/or TOS, that probably wouldn't effect “hits” or the popularity of said website. My question is, why isn't topix.com making any effort at all, in cleaning up it’s act?

I sure wouldn't want to see this spiral any further out of control and risk losing the privilege of enjoying the enjoyable aspects of topix, when the government has no choice but to shut it down.

Please topix.com save yourself :)
==========
AL adds to IT:
THIS is what WE are subject to DAILY on this AND ALL forums!

WHY?

Because of BLATANT disrespect of some dwIdioTs and their ILK!

MORAL decay of our citizenry!
From homo's ... on!

No respect for the Good LORD up above!
Therefore NO respect for ANYONE on Earth!

It's THAT simple
BUT also
THAT degrading!

The "powers" of good vs evil ...

If the homo's etc... EXPECT us to turn the other cheek ... They BEST think again ...

I WILL when HELL freezes over!
NOT until!

YES! I will DIE trying!

“WestieLover”

Since: Apr 12

The city that I reside

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Please have someone take your temperature instantly.
Jacques I wouldn't dream of sharing your thermometer, it likely is responsible for mercury leaks affecting your mental stability.
Don't bother to seek medical attention, Obama says just take a pill.Or in your case, just remove it anally and reread the instructions and place it within your mouth...try not to suck!!!Ooops too late I guess.
Grand Birther

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Easter in German is "Ostern" and Spanish it is "Pascua".
Thus Rogue Moron confirms exactly what I wrote.

When a sad old man finally learns a little lesson this is the only admission he can make. Admitting he was wrong is too hard because just how much more could he be wrong about?

Hint: everything.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
And you believe it when Obama said he would cut the deficit in half in his first term in office. And that he would close GITMO in his first year and get us out of both Iraq and Afghanistan too in his first year.
And the Nobel nut jobs gave Obama the Nobel Peace prize for doing what? Being the first half-black man to be elected president of the U.S.? You would think that they would have revoked his peace prize because he did not close GITMO!!!
<quoted text>
Sooo, what is this?
Obama will cut deficit in half FEB 2009
The mess he inherited was still unravelling. However, I do believe he should not have made that promise, but I think he made it in good faith, having zilch to gain, he was not longer campaigning.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Of course they did, of course they knew.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Oh, what infrastructure did we destroy in Iraq? Yes, we took out some power lines but no power plants as power plants are not any good without a distribution system. And they were quickly rebuilt.
Now Shia, Kurd and Christian areas never had any infrastructure because Saddamn favored the Sunnis. You can not destoy something that is not there. We were building infrastructure that did not exist in most areas.
Now, how many cars were in Iraq in 2000? How many in 2010?
Iraq's Consumer Goods Boom Faces a Twist
Nov. 3, 2003
....Reporters found television and satellite dish markets even in small towns. ABCNEWS' Jim Sciutto and Drew Millhon visited a "booming" used-car lot in the northern Iraqi city of Kirkuk stocked with vehicles trucked in via Syria and Jordan.
http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story...
So, no buildings or infrastructure destroyed. Ooooookay. And so, as trade-off for the horrors I described in the post your replied to, they now have satellite dishes sprouting all over and used car losts. Wow. Wonderful. AlQaeda roaming the cities and countryside, mullahs all over Bagdaa, oh, and Rogue, you gleefully told how Christians were celebrating Easter all over Bagdad. And I replied with a link showing a great great number were forced to leave the country because of persecutions. Nice. So bad, Rogue, so bad, some even went to Syria! Yes, satlellite dishes and used car lots. Victory!

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
And you too as Jesus died for our sins.
<quoted text>
For YOU, you are probably correct. But why should you worry as you have no place to go after you die.
IMHO, God does not care about our mortal bodies. How long is eternity compared to life on Earth? I think God is more concerned where we will spend eternity tat how long we live here on Earth.
Now, I do not profess to know what God thinks about any given subject. Why he might have room in heaven for good atheists so I hope you are behaving yourself.
God knows all including the future, right? If that is, he knows the moment you are born, well, before, even, whether you'll have eternal salvation or spend eternity in hell. If he's so concerned where you will spend eternity , and knows you're going to hell, why does he allow you to even be born? Poor bastard's lost the moment he takes his firt breath. Oh, but you will say everyone is free to do as hr/se pleases. Is that so? Your daughter is just as free, right? Well, she tells you tonight that she is fed up with life, shows you her 45 cal colt, and in about 30 minutes will blow her own brains out. She says she will do it in exactly 30 minutes in her locked bedroom. And off she goes. I'm sure you won't stop her on the grounds that she is a free person, am I right?

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Ken Starr dies and goes to the Gate to Heaven where Saint Peter tells him he is not good enough to enter but has to go to Purgatory for a few years so he was sent to the down elevator where the Devil runs Purgatory.
The Devil informs Ken that he can chose one of three rooms to spend the the time until her is relieved by another poor soul before he is allowed to go up to Heaven so Ken goes to the first door and opens it. He sees naked people on a hot griddle flip-plopping like sausages screaming in pain and he says to the Devil that that is not for hims so he goes to the next door.
He opens door two and looks inside and here are naked people sitting of big blocks of ice shattering their teeth and as blue as the ice itself and again he says to the Devil that is not for him.
So he goes to the third door and opens it up where he sees Bill Clinton getting a BJ from Monica. He turns to the Devil and says he thinks he can handle this one and that was when the Devil tells Monica her time is up and she can go up to heaven!
Again the bj obsession. And the Lewsinky phantasm, but not as hot as the very sight of Clinton's appendage. Ever gonna get over it, Rogue?

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

No if anything is based of history, it is the Muslim religion which believes that Mohammed rose into heaven from Jerusalem and the returned to Earth.
Hohammed was fully aware of both the Jewish and Christian religions and he wanted to upstage them.
While Hohammed was alive he never visited Jerusalem but in a dream he flew on a horse to Jerusalem where he then assented to Heaven and met with God before returning to Earth. That way he could be more powerful than Jesus and could lay claim to Jerusalem.
The Mosque on the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem is thought to by Jews, Christians and Muslims the place where Abraham was to sacrifice his son. Now Abraham's first son was from a slave woman and Muslims believe it was this son, Ismael, that he was to sacrifice whereas Jews and Christians believe it was Isaac.
From Wiki;
Abraham and Isaac
At some point in Isaac's youth, Abraham was commanded by God to offer his son up as a sacrifice in the land of Moriah. The patriarch traveled three days until he came to the mount that God told him of. He commanded the servants to remain while he and Isaac proceeded alone into the mount. Isaac carried the wood upon which he would be sacrificed. Along the way, Isaac asked his father where the animal for the burnt offering was, to which Abraham replied "God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering". Just as Abraham was about to sacrifice his son, he was interrupted by "the angel of the LORD", and he saw behind him a ram "caught in a thicket by his horns", which he sacrificed instead of his son. For his obedience he received another promise of numerous descendants and abundant prosperity. After this event, Abraham went to Beersheba.(Genesis 22:1–19)
Islam
Abraham
Main article: Abraham in Islam
Ibr&#257;h&#299;m (Abraham) is an important figure in the Quran, mentioned in 25 chapters, briefly or in detail. Muslims regard him as a prophet and patriarch, the archetype of the perfect Muslim, and the revered reformer of the Kaaba in Mecca.
Islamic traditions consider Ibr&#257;h&#299;m (Abraham) the father of Islam (which is also called millat Ibrahim, the "religion of Abraham"), and that his purpose and mission throughout his life was to proclaim the Oneness of God. When Ibrahim (Abraham) was asked for sacrifice and took Ism&#257;'&#299;l (Ishmael) to the place when he was about to use the knife, God placed a sheep under his hand. From that day onward, every Eid al-Adha once a year Muslims around the world slaughter a sheep to follow the path of Ibr&#257;h&#299;m (Abraham) that is called Qurbani sacrifice.
[
Abraham was a liar, a coward, and adulterer, a child abandoner and a murderer. The three religions of the book, as they call them, well, they can have him. I sure as hell wouldn't want my daughter to marry a no-good bum like him.

Now DO read the old testament, Rogue, make an effort, quit being an ignorant fundamentalist, dare to inform yourself and see if any of the words I wrote above are untrue.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 131,481 - 131,500 of167,687
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

48 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Patrick n Angela 1,034,662
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 16 min charles in charge 43,026
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 35 min Eric 65,185
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 56 min what 47,075
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr Hbu Hd 1,163
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 2 hr jimtownhounddogsniffing 6,538
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr ScarletandOlive 96,151
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance