BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#149268 Mar 31, 2013
Christie-Palin2012 wrote:
Iraqi Catholics celebrate Easter
By DIAA HADID | Associated Press
BAGHDAD (AP) Iraq's Catholic Christians flocked to churches to celebrate Easter Sunday, praying, singing and rejoicing in the resurrection of Christ behind high blast walls and tight security cordons.
It was the first Easter since the election of Pope Francis in Rome, and worshipers said they hoped their new spiritual leader would help strengthen their tiny community that has shrunk under the joint pressures of militant attacks and economic hardships.
At the St. Joseph Chaldean Church in Baghdad, some 200 worshipers stood and sat during parts of the Easter mass led by Father Saad Sirop.
http://news.yahoo.com/iraqi-catholics-celebra...
Why don't you inform us how many catholics in Iraq prior to Saddam's demise and how many AFTER he was hanged, Rogue.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-11669994

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#149270 Mar 31, 2013
Jacques,
It was a world failure to leave Saddam Hussein to his own devices in the aftermath of Desert Storm and the devastaton of Kuwait.
There is absolutely no convincing me otherwise.
loose

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#149271 Mar 31, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
It was a world failure to leave Saddam Hussein to his own devices in the aftermath of Desert Storm and the devastaton of Kuwait.
There is absolutely no convincing me otherwise.
loose
How about a dead Saddam at the cost of 4500 dead GIs, 32000 maimed, some for life, 150,000 Iraqi dead, maybe one million maimed, infrastructure demolished, public utilities and buidlings destroyed etc. And post-Saddam, are things any better, was it worth over, at anywhere from 2 to 6 trillion $s wasted, 1 million veterans in queue awaiting benefits, add to that cost the cost of not being able to work for many, then, in gratitude, Iraq does not pay one cent bank for war reparations to the US, gives Russia a huge gas and oil exploration/exploitation contract, does not give the U a "break" by reducing the cost of a barrel of oil, allows AlQeada, Taliban and Iranians into Iraq as opposed to Saddam who did not tolerate them.

Yes, loose, Saddam was "defeated", though his country was not, it lost the battle , won the war. Do you really believe that Iraq is now better off post - Saddam? More freedom, fewer killings? Are you sure? Why didn't you take out the Saudi Royal family, those champions of liberty and freedom, specially for women and migrant workers, North Korea's dictator, Yemen's president, China's ruling politburor and president, yes, China, that most democratic country and what about the Congo, oh, so many. What're you waiting for? Why just Iraq?

Now, just wait until Hassad falls in Syria and you find out the gang that "used" the people to defeat him is ten times worse than butcher Hassad.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#149272 Mar 31, 2013
Jacques,
9/11 would not have happened if Saddam Hussein was removed from the world staged following Desert Strorm like he should have been.
It was a world failure not to do so.

Happy Easter,
loose

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#149273 Mar 31, 2013
Jacques,
I am not saying that the Butcher of Baghdad, Saddam Husein, was complicit in the 9/11 attacks by militant Islam.
But he did set that dirty snowball rolling.
There is no convincing me otherwise
loose

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#149274 Mar 31, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
9/11 would not have happened if Saddam Hussein was removed from the world staged following Desert Strorm like he should have been.
It was a world failure not to do so.
Happy Easter,
loose
Please explain how Saddam had anything to do with 9/11 seeing as the total Repub hierarchy stated that he was in now way related to said 9/11. Also, he harboured no AlQaeda, Taliban or Iranians in Iraq, so how...

Question for you : You said he HAD to be removed. Why not all the other dictators then?. And tell us, apart from buying weapons from the US, what harm did Saddam ever do to the US and did he ever threaten to invade you? Again, when are you taking out China, Burma, North Korea, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Russia etc? Are they better than Saddam was? Hmm, well, are they?

Joyeuses Pques.

Since: Mar 11

Jacksonville, FL

#149275 Mar 31, 2013
Grand Birther wrote:
<quoted text>
Proving my point yet again, Rogue Moron.
And you have proved my point yet again too. You are a sad little troll.
Random Poster

Las Vegas, NV

#149276 Mar 31, 2013
Happy Easter

Since: Mar 11

Jacksonville, FL

#149277 Mar 31, 2013
Christie-Palin2012 wrote:
Iraqi Catholics celebrate Easter
By DIAA HADID | Associated Press
BAGHDAD (AP) Iraq's Catholic Christians flocked to churches to celebrate Easter Sunday, praying, singing and rejoicing in the resurrection of Christ behind high blast walls and tight security cordons.
It was the first Easter since the election of Pope Francis in Rome, and worshipers said they hoped their new spiritual leader would help strengthen their tiny community that has shrunk under the joint pressures of militant attacks and economic hardships.
At the St. Joseph Chaldean Church in Baghdad, some 200 worshipers stood and sat during parts of the Easter mass led by Father Saad Sirop.
http://news.yahoo.com/iraqi-catholics-celebra ...
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you inform us how many catholics in Iraq prior to Saddam's demise and how many AFTER he was hanged, Rogue.
www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-11669994
I had a family relative stationed at JB Balad in Iraq in 1996. All of their house boys were Christians. Women were not allowed because of customs and they chose Christians as they were not seen as a threat. Just before Thanksgiving his mother sent him a Creshe and he put it on his dresser. Shortly after that his house boy came in and his eyes popped wide open when he saw it.
He said they had heard of them but never seen one as the were not even allowed to have a cross when Saddamn was in power. To have an Christian symbol was grounds for execution. A few weeks later he was informed he would be in the advanced party and would return home the week before Christmas so a few days before his departure he gave it to his house boy.
Even though Saddamn was no longer around he was afraid even to take it through the gate so he escorted his house boy to the gate that evening. I know how evil you think we are but we set them free. Sure they may not have the freedom we have in America, or you do in Canada, but they are much freer now that Saddamn is gone.
Now Jacques, can you tell us just how many people died BY the hands of Americans in Iraq? Now, how many Americans died during our Civil War in the 1860's? And how many are dying in Syria right now? Civil Wars are the worst wars but if the Iraqis and Syrians want freedom, they must be fought.
Oh, would you still want Saddamn alive and in power?

Since: Mar 11

Jacksonville, FL

#149278 Mar 31, 2013
Random Poster wrote:
Happy Easter
And you too as Jesus died for our sins.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#149279 Mar 31, 2013
Er, loose, North Korea's Kim has threatned the United States with nuclear weapons. When're you taking him out?

Did Saddam ever threaten you with anything, including neclear weapons? When're you invading? Incidentally, he HAS WMDs. On that, everyone agrees.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#149280 Mar 31, 2013
Christie-Palin2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
And you too as Jesus died for our sins.
Look at the world today. He died for nothing.

Since: Mar 11

Jacksonville, FL

#149281 Mar 31, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
How about a dead Saddam at the cost of 4500 dead GIs, 32000 maimed, some for life, 150,000 Iraqi dead, maybe one million maimed, infrastructure demolished, public utilities and buidlings destroyed etc. And post-Saddam, are things any better, was it worth over, at anywhere from 2 to 6 trillion $s wasted, 1 million veterans in queue awaiting benefits, add to that cost the cost of not being able to work for many, then, in gratitude, Iraq does not pay one cent bank for war reparations to the US, gives Russia a huge gas and oil exploration/exploitation contract, does not give the U a "break" by reducing the cost of a barrel of oil, allows AlQeada, Taliban and Iranians into Iraq as opposed to Saddam who did not tolerate them.
Yes, loose, Saddam was "defeated", though his country was not, it lost the battle , won the war. Do you really believe that Iraq is now better off post - Saddam? More freedom, fewer killings? Are you sure? Why didn't you take out the Saudi Royal family, those champions of liberty and freedom, specially for women and migrant workers, North Korea's dictator, Yemen's president, China's ruling politburor and president, yes, China, that most democratic country and what about the Congo, oh, so many. What're you waiting for? Why just Iraq?
Now, just wait until Hassad falls in Syria and you find out the gang that "used" the people to defeat him is ten times worse than butcher Hassad.
Oh, what infrastructure did we destroy in Iraq? Yes, we took out some power lines but no power plants as power plants are not any good without a distribution system. And they were quickly rebuilt.
Now Shia, Kurd and Christian areas never had any infrastructure because Saddamn favored the Sunnis. You can not destoy something that is not there. We were building infrastructure that did not exist in most areas.
Now, how many cars were in Iraq in 2000? How many in 2010?

Iraq's Consumer Goods Boom Faces a Twist
Nov. 3, 2003

....Reporters found television and satellite dish markets even in small towns. ABCNEWS' Jim Sciutto and Drew Millhon visited a "booming" used-car lot in the northern Iraqi city of Kirkuk stocked with vehicles trucked in via Syria and Jordan.
http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story...

Since: Mar 11

Jacksonville, FL

#149282 Mar 31, 2013
Christie-Palin2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
And you too as Jesus died for our sins.
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at the world today. He died for nothing.
For YOU, you are probably correct. But why should you worry as you have no place to go after you die.
IMHO, God does not care about our mortal bodies. How long is eternity compared to life on Earth? I think God is more concerned where we will spend eternity tat how long we live here on Earth.
Now, I do not profess to know what God thinks about any given subject. Why he might have room in heaven for good atheists so I hope you are behaving yourself.

Since: Mar 11

Jacksonville, FL

#149283 Mar 31, 2013
Now I do not profess to know what either Heaven or Hell is. Maybe Heaven is just being allowed to be in the presence of God while Hell might be not being allowed in His presence.
Just floating in the darkness of outer space all alone without even light sounds like torture to me.

Since: Mar 11

Jacksonville, FL

#149284 Mar 31, 2013
Ken Starr dies and goes to the Gate to Heaven where Saint Peter tells him he is not good enough to enter but has to go to Purgatory for a few years so he was sent to the down elevator where the Devil runs Purgatory.
The Devil informs Ken that he can chose one of three rooms to spend the the time until her is relieved by another poor soul before he is allowed to go up to Heaven so Ken goes to the first door and opens it. He sees naked people on a hot griddle flip-plopping like sausages screaming in pain and he says to the Devil that that is not for hims so he goes to the next door.
He opens door two and looks inside and here are naked people sitting of big blocks of ice shattering their teeth and as blue as the ice itself and again he says to the Devil that is not for him.
So he goes to the third door and opens it up where he sees Bill Clinton getting a BJ from Monica. He turns to the Devil and says he thinks he can handle this one and that was when the Devil tells Monica her time is up and she can go up to heaven!

Since: Mar 11

Jacksonville, FL

#149285 Mar 31, 2013
Christie-Palin2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
And you believe it when Obama said he would cut the deficit in half in his first term in office. And that he would close GITMO in his first year and get us out of both Iraq and Afghanistan too in his first year.
And the Nobel nut jobs gave Obama the Nobel Peace prize for doing what? Being the first half-black man to be elected president of the U.S.? You would think that they would have revoked his peace prize because he did not close GITMO!!!
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
This is another repeat. You typed the exact same words about two months ago, and all wrong, as usual.
When he said he'd cut it in half, he had no idea the mess that GWB and his cronies had created. The clueless Bush himself didn't know as the strings were all being pulled for him.
As to Gitmo, it was a naive promise at best, should've known the Repubs and military brass would never allow it as , "what the hell do you do with the prisoners as they've been so badly treated, you ain't see nuthin' yet if they are ever released."
As to the Nobel,they gave it to him. Was he supposed to refuse it?
Sooo, what is this?

Obama will cut deficit in half FEB 2009

Since: Mar 11

Jacksonville, FL

#149286 Mar 31, 2013
Christie-Palin2012 wrote:
Oh, today is not Bunny Day!
Grand Birther wrote:
<quoted text>
Today definitely has it's origins in Germanic pagan festival called Pashca, which celebrated the goddess "Eostre" or "Ostara."
Deal with it.
In the year 33, did the Christians even know there were Germanic tribes?
The fact is is that Easter is based on Good Friday which is in turn based on Passover which is based on the Jewish LUNAR calender.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebrew_calendar

Yep, anything to demean Christianity!

Since: Mar 11

Jacksonville, FL

#149287 Mar 31, 2013
No if anything is based of history, it is the Muslim religion which believes that Mohammed rose into heaven from Jerusalem and the returned to Earth.
Hohammed was fully aware of both the Jewish and Christian religions and he wanted to upstage them.
While Hohammed was alive he never visited Jerusalem but in a dream he flew on a horse to Jerusalem where he then assented to Heaven and met with God before returning to Earth. That way he could be more powerful than Jesus and could lay claim to Jerusalem.
The Mosque on the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem is thought to by Jews, Christians and Muslims the place where Abraham was to sacrifice his son. Now Abraham's first son was from a slave woman and Muslims believe it was this son, Ismael, that he was to sacrifice whereas Jews and Christians believe it was Isaac.

From Wiki;

Abraham and Isaac

At some point in Isaac's youth, Abraham was commanded by God to offer his son up as a sacrifice in the land of Moriah. The patriarch traveled three days until he came to the mount that God told him of. He commanded the servants to remain while he and Isaac proceeded alone into the mount. Isaac carried the wood upon which he would be sacrificed. Along the way, Isaac asked his father where the animal for the burnt offering was, to which Abraham replied "God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering". Just as Abraham was about to sacrifice his son, he was interrupted by "the angel of the LORD", and he saw behind him a ram "caught in a thicket by his horns", which he sacrificed instead of his son. For his obedience he received another promise of numerous descendants and abundant prosperity. After this event, Abraham went to Beersheba.(Genesis 22:119)

Islam
Abraham

Main article: Abraham in Islam
Ibr&#257;h&#299;m (Abraham) is an important figure in the Quran, mentioned in 25 chapters, briefly or in detail. Muslims regard him as a prophet and patriarch, the archetype of the perfect Muslim, and the revered reformer of the Kaaba in Mecca.
Islamic traditions consider Ibr&#257;h&#299;m (Abraham) the father of Islam (which is also called millat Ibrahim, the "religion of Abraham"), and that his purpose and mission throughout his life was to proclaim the Oneness of God. When Ibrahim (Abraham) was asked for sacrifice and took Ism&#257;'&#299;l (Ishmael) to the place when he was about to use the knife, God placed a sheep under his hand. From that day onward, every Eid al-Adha once a year Muslims around the world slaughter a sheep to follow the path of Ibr&#257;h&#299;m (Abraham) that is called Qurbani sacrifice.
[

Since: Aug 10

United States

#149288 Mar 31, 2013
Birthers....LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min RealDave 1,128,956
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 min PEllen 98,529
Abby 10-30 6 min Sublime1 5
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 33 min Poof1 50,750
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr RJS 7,829
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Eric 70,140
Weekend violence in Chicago: 4 dead, 35 wounded 1 hr reality is a crutch 6
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]