BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 207643 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

“zero nuclear weapons”

Since: Sep 08

Perryville

#148993 Mar 27, 2013
part 3

In an ideal world, the United States and Russia would pursue a new round of nuclear reductions via a treaty that limits not only deployed strategic forces, but also non-deployed and nonstrategic nuclear warheads, which aren't currently limited by any accord. However, the negotiation of such a treaty will be far more time-consuming and complex than the New START negotiations, which lasted about a year. In the meantime, Russia could deploy a new heavy ICBM, the momentum for further cuts could stall, and the two sides could make down payments on modernization plans that lock in excessively high force levels for decades to come.

To avoid these outcomes, the United States could jump start the process by declaring itself willing to reduce its deployed arsenal below the levels in New START if Moscow is willing to reciprocate. It's a step that could save money, reduce Russia's incentive to build a heavy ICBM, and pave the way for formal negotiations on a new treaty that limits all nuclear warheads. Non-treaty-based reductions have been a long-standing feature of US defense policy under both Republican and Democratic presidents.

As they pursue further weapons reductions, the United States and Russia should also pursue confidence-building and transparency measures that establish mutual trust and could be incorporated in future negotiations. Of particular importance are initiatives that address US concerns about Russia's large stockpile of non-strategic weapons and Russia's concerns about US missile defense and high-precision conventional weapons. Projects that might have that effect would include information sharing, joint experiments and studies, and enhanced dialogue.

The pursuit of further nuclear reductions will not be without significant challenges. Russia's willingness to participate remains uncertain and Republican opposition is congealing. Nonetheless, President Obama should make the push he promised in the State of the Union. If he doesn't, he'll pass up a chance to significantly enhance US security

http://thebulletin.org/web-edition/columnists...

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#148994 Mar 27, 2013
Ah, this is a lie, there is NO bullet (ammo) shortage. We have enough ammo to engage in an all out war for at least SIX months. But we will have a shortage of "training ammo" a few months from now. This is no real big deal.
On Aug 30, 1981 I blew out an engine on a Chinook helicopter in S. Korea. It was the only total engine failure I had in my 21 years of flying helicopter. It was a T-55 ASA engine but it was also the second failure in eight days in my unit. As a result they inspected all the other engines in my unit and condemned six more engines.
Now those six engines would be returned to depot for overhaul but the engine on my aircraft and the week prior where trash. So there we had four of out 16 Chinooks without engines. But there were engines available in WAR reserve status. In other words we needed special permission to get those engines shipped and they would not release them. Sooo, for two months we waited for eight engines to be shipped through normal channels.
They have ammo, tires, medicine, MRE's, etc. all in storage but they will not release them as they are WAR reserves. And they will have enough ammo to train with, just not as much as they would like.

U.S. Marines Rattled by Bullet Shortage
27 March 2013

At least one branch of the U.S. military is scrimping and saving every bullet it can while the Department of Homeland Security is on a bullet-buying spree.

Marine Corps Commandant James F. Amos blames sequester budget cuts.

In a video to Marines, he says,“I ask you to save every round, every gallon of gas, that you take every single aspect, or opportunity, in training to get the most bang for the buck.”

Amos said it’s “no time to do business as usual.”

Things have changed. The landscape has changed,” he said.“I need you to be conservative in the way we do business.”

Read more: http://MinuteMenNews.com/2013/03/u-s-marines-...

Location hidden

#148995 Mar 27, 2013
Oh, bask in the early 1980's they were converting A, B and C-model Chinooks to D-models. New rotor blades, new transmissions, new everything including uprated engines.
Soooo, they started with the A and B-model Chinooks with the 2,60 and 2,850 hp engines and they were sold as surplus. And the people who race unlimited hydroplanes bought them up to replace the WWII piston engines like the Merlin V-12's that flew in P-51 Mustangs.
And then someone told the hydroplane people at they could get 3,750 hp engines from the C-model Chinooks but they could not sell them but they could be "leased". So the hydroplane people leased them and at the end of the year they turned them in and leased newer engines.
They Army units started to get engines from depot, opened up the crates ...... and found highly corroded rebuilt engines!!!! Yep, they DoD civilians had been illegally renting out our engines. They FBI moved in and sent them to prison!!!
Real story!!!

Starting in 1980, they have increasingly used Vietnam War-era turboshaft engines from helicopters (in 1973–1974, one hydroplane, U-95, used turbine engines in races to test the technology). The most commonly used turbine is the Lycoming T55, used in the CH-47 Chinook.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroplane_ (boat)#Unlimited_hydroplane_en gines

Here is the link from the stolen engines. It would not let me copy though.
http://news.google.com/newspapers...

Location hidden

#148996 Mar 27, 2013
nebka wrote:
Nuclear weapons cuts will make the United States safer
By Kingston Reif | 6 March 2013
Nuclear arms control is back in the news. After paying little public attention to the issue over the long course of his reelection campaign, President Obama said in his February State of the Union address that the United States "will engage Russia to seek further reductions in our nuclear arsenals." A recent report by the Center for Public Integrity revealed that senior Obama administration officials believe the United States can reduce its arsenal of deployed strategic warheads to between 1,000 and 1,100 without harming national security..........
-- such as the development of a new heavy intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM). Verifiable limits on reserve warheads and nonstrategic arms would further enhance stability by addressing Russia's large stockpile of such weapons and ensuring that nuclear warheads are actually eliminated as opposed to merely placed in storage.
Hey nebka, that is one opinion but here is another;
Cutting Nuclear Weapons Funding Invites Insecurity, 12 Mar 2013
By David Yonkman, Washington Correspondent

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/nuclear-weap...
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!

Now, we have Iran on the edge of deploying their nukes as is North Korea and you think that we can reduce ours and we will be safer? Yes, you and Obama believe that but there are many who think you are foolish.
In the Mid-1930's when German, Italy and Japan were building up their militaries, FDR has his thumb up his azz. And on Dec. 7, 1941 Japan caught us unprepared for war. Japan thought they could bloody our nose and then we would seek peace, but they were wrong. But until we rebuilt our military, we got our azz kicked for about six months. We can not afford to do that in the nuclear age as the next war maybe LOST in 72 hours!
You see, even the Romans two thousand years ago knew that strong military deterred war. Sure, it might not happen next year or the year after, and it may not happen before Obama leaves office, but sooner or later we will pay for not maintaining a DETERRENT!

Location hidden

#148997 Mar 27, 2013
Ellen1 wrote:
<quoted text>Millions of people have errors in their Social Security numbers and/or multiple SS numbers, and the cause was MAINLY data entry errors by SS Administration clerks.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/38678753/How_Many_Soci ...

http://www.securityworldnews.com/2010/08/12/2 ...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_162-200137 ...
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
You and your silly facts. You sure know how to ruin a good rant!
Yep, it is all the SS's fault. Or is it 20 million illegal aliens who are using borrowed SS#'s. Isn't it funny that the 20 million that share duplicate numbers while at the same time we have 20 million illegal aliens in our country?
Heck, I've heard that Obama has used over a dozen SS#'s over the years! Do you really think the SS Administration issued him all of those???

Location hidden

#148998 Mar 27, 2013
Oh, who is assign the SS prefix of "999"? Because their are no SS#'s with that prefix. Te military use them for foreign military students in the U.S. Yep, every Vietnamese, German, Dane, Saudi Arabian, Iranian (yes, we use to train them), etc were issue "999" student ID numbers!!!
In the seven years I was a Flight Evaluation pilot at Fort Rucker, AL I flew with about a thousand different students. Sometimes 14 different ones in the same week.
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#148999 Mar 27, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Heck, I've heard that Obama has used over a dozen SS#'s over the years! Do you really think the SS Administration issued him all of those???
You've heard that? Was that when Romper was whispering in your ear?

Sorry Rouge - your pathetic fables may get Romper all wet but stack them up against facts and their as empty and impotent as Francis

Location hidden

#149000 Mar 27, 2013
Liberals like to UNDER estimate the illegal alien problem. Yep, when the truth hurts, they cover it up the best they can!!!

Illegal immigration to the United States
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The illegal immigrant population of the United States in 2008 was estimated by the Center for Immigration Studies to be about 11 million people, down from 12.5 million people in 2007. Other estimates range from 7 to 20 million........

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#149001 Mar 27, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey nebka, that is one opinion but here is another;
Cutting Nuclear Weapons Funding Invites Insecurity, 12 Mar 2013
By David Yonkman, Washington Correspondent
Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/nuclear-weap...
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!
Now, we have Iran on the edge of deploying their nukes as is North Korea and you think that we can reduce ours and we will be safer? Yes, you and Obama believe that but there are many who think you are foolish.
In the Mid-1930's when German, Italy and Japan were building up their militaries, FDR has his thumb up his azz. And on Dec. 7, 1941 Japan caught us unprepared for war. Japan thought they could bloody our nose and then we would seek peace, but they were wrong. But until we rebuilt our military, we got our azz kicked for about six months. We can not afford to do that in the nuclear age as the next war maybe LOST in 72 hours!
You see, even the Romans two thousand years ago knew that strong military deterred war. Sure, it might not happen next year or the year after, and it may not happen before Obama leaves office, but sooner or later we will pay for not maintaining a DETERRENT!
OMG, only 1,100 ICBs left to defend the US. At an average of 6 nuclear warheads per ICBM, that comes to 6,600 nuclear bombs. And Rogue and those smart Republicans think that is too high a reduction in warheads. We must of course assume that the Russians have an equal number of ICBMs, so that makes 13,200 warheads. China, India, Pakistan, North Korea, Israel, France, the UK also have multiple warhead missiles, and I have no idea how many, but for the hell of it, let's say a combined 2,000 missiles x 6 = 12,000 more nuclear warheads. Total : 15,200. Hmmmm, do you think , Rogue, that maybe, just maybe, we should all start reducing those stockpiles a teeny weeny bit? It's like your 10,000 rounds of ammo hidden under your bed, how many bullets do you need?

Ottawa

#149002 Mar 27, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
You've heard that? Was that when Romper was whispering in your ear?
Sorry Rouge - your pathetic fables may get Romper all wet but stack them up against facts and their as empty and impotent as Francis
Would Rogue mind giving his sources or is LRS?

Ottawa

#149003 Mar 27, 2013
Still poring over Google trying to find Gov Chiles's intentional delay in asking for Washington's aid following Hurricane Andrew, Rogue?

Do you still expect me to find and prove something YOU stated, yet doesn't exist?

Ottawa

#149004 Mar 27, 2013
Fed Up wrote:
Obama Used Social Security Number Assigned To Dead Woman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ncXjrirkQM4XX&feature=em- uploademail
Looks like the inteview is taking place in some sort of mall. We have no idea which network reporter is interviewing her. She has no documents, no papers, and quotes no sources.

Hey, why not interview just anyone at all and accept everything anyone says if it suits one's jaundiced outlook on people they don't like. In this case, people they just plain hate, like Obama.

Ottawa

#149005 Mar 27, 2013
My post 149001 . Total : 25 200

Location hidden

#149006 Mar 27, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
OMG, only 1,100 ICBs left to defend the US. At an average of 6 nuclear warheads per ICBM, that comes to 6,600 nuclear bombs. And Rogue and those smart Republicans think that is too high a reduction in warheads. We must of course assume that the Russians have an equal number of ICBMs, so that makes 13,200 warheads. China, India, Pakistan, North Korea, Israel, France, the UK also have multiple warhead missiles, and I have no idea how many, but for the hell of it, let's say a combined 2,000 missiles x 6 = 12,000 more nuclear warheads. Total : 15,200. Hmmmm, do you think , Rogue, that maybe, just maybe, we should all start reducing those stockpiles a teeny weeny bit? It's like your 10,000 rounds of ammo hidden under your bed, how many bullets do you need?
My post 149001 . Total : 25 200
2,150 active nuclear warheads and I have a link!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_states_w...
No, I have 150,000 rounds of ammo.

Location hidden

#149007 Mar 27, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
Still poring over Google trying to find Gov Chiles's intentional delay in asking for Washington's aid following Hurricane Andrew, Rogue?
Do you still expect me to find and prove something YOU stated, yet doesn't exist?
What parameters are you using to search for it?
You might try Bing!

Location hidden

#149008 Mar 27, 2013
Oh Jacques, did you find this? I did!!!

"It took four days for FEMA to get its first people into South Florida after Andrew."

Why did it take four days? Was it because Gov. Lawton Chiles waited for three days to declare a state disaster and request FEMA? And why would he wait three days?
I will let you look a little longer!!!!

Location hidden

#149009 Mar 27, 2013
"Within five days the federal government and neighboring states had dispatched 20,000 National Guard and active duty troops to South Dade County to set up temporary housing"

Ottawa

#149010 Mar 27, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm surprised that a "military" man such as yourself would think that your country has so few warheads. I may even have underestimated the number of warheads per missile (6) as it seems to be more than that.

Read : en.wikipedia.org/.../Multiple_independently_t... ...

"Purpose

The military purpose of a MIRV is fourfold:
Providing greater target damage for a given ballistic missile payload. Radiation (including radiated heat) from a nuclear warhead diminishes as the square of the distance (called the inverse-square law), and blast pressure diminishes as the cube of the distance. For example at a distance of 4 km from ground zero, the blast pressure is only 1/64th that of 1 km. Due to these effects several small warheads cause much more target damage area than a single large one. This in turn reduces the number of missiles and launch facilities required for a given destruction level - much the same as the purpose of a cluster munition.
With single warhead missiles, one missile must be launched for each target. By contrast with a MIRV warhead, the post-boost (or bus) stage can dispense the warheads against multiple targets across a broad area.
Reduces the effectiveness of an anti-ballistic missile system that relies on intercepting individual warheads.[1] While a MIRV attacking missile can have multiple warheads (3–12 on United States missiles and 3-10 on Russian), interceptors may have only one warhead per missile. Thus, in both a military and an economic sense, MIRVs render ABM systems less effective."

So we are talking over 10,000 warheads for the US alone. The number given by Wikipedia that you supplied (you supply one in a blue moon and it's wrong) is low and may be badly defined. I had not used any source for my number of 6, is why I kept it low.

Ottawa

#149011 Mar 27, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
150,000 rounds? And you post it? Do you realize now that everyone thinks you're nuts? Least you could do is lend some to those poor bullet-starved marines, ahhhhhh.

Ottawa

#149012 Mar 27, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Oh Jacques, did you find this? I did!!!
"It took four days for FEMA to get its first people into South Florida after Andrew."
Why did it take four days? Was it because Gov. Lawton Chiles waited for three days to declare a state disaster and request FEMA? And why would he wait three days?
I will let you look a little longer!!!!
Frist, you give no reference.

Second, it may have taken 3, 4 days for FEMA to move its derri่re, but where does it say it was on account of Chiles's delaying tacticts? Fema is not exactly the fastest-moving bureaucracy in the world, as N.Orleans showed. Show me where it says Chiles delayed the aid. I'll be glad, don't mind at all, to say I was wrong if you come up with it. But you won't. YOU said it, onus is on YOU to find the proof, not me, I didn't say anything about Andrews or Chiles, only asked you to confirm what you accused Chiles of doing, or not doing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min RealDave 1,347,956
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 min Sublime1 101,431
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 47 min Cut n Paste 57,322
News Food stamp recipients getting increase in funding (Apr '09) 59 min Ashishchobey 4,421
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr boundary painter 5,651
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr boundary painter 1,847
abby2-12-16 1 hr boundary painter 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages