Rogue : " AGAIN, you send the military in to kick azz and take names .... and then LEAVE."Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Yes, Bush did. And just as soon as we got UBL, we should have pulled out. As far as trying to build a democracy in Muslim country, it is like pissing into a sand storm!
Oh, yes, there are bad Christians and Jews and most Muslims and atheists are good people. But a disproportional percentage of Muslims or atheist are bad.
First of all, Bush did not use any ploy and did not lie. EVERYONE agreed that Saddamn Hussein had WMD. Now do not bother to show me anything AFTER THE FACT as we all know that they did not faind an active WMD program.
We don't have the right to force our form of government on them. AGAIN, you send the military in to kick azz and take names .... and then LEAVE. You will never keep these people in a box forever but you can convince them that when they do, we will bit them with the Big Stick. So, they can either live in peace, or they can die, the choice is their's.
If and when they get more powerful than we are, then, and only then, can they dictate to us. Until then, they need to listed very carefully.
That's just fine and dandy. Er, why'd you send in the military to kick azz in Iraq, Rogue? Did Iraq attack the US? Did Iraq threaten to attack the US? What box?
Advantages of Iraq invasion :
Er , let's see. Hmmm. None?
Disadvantages or Iraq invasion, quite apart from the $1 to 2 trillion bill :
1. 4,000 US soldiers killed;
2. more than 35,000 wounded, some critically, many infirmed for life.
3. Over 150,000 Iraqi dead, over a million wounded;
4. Iraq's infrastructure partly destroyed;
5. Precious Unesco-recognized monuments, buildings, artifacts, destroyed, looted and stolen;
6. Oil industry now 3rd biggest in world. Does Iraq cut prices for its "saviour", the United States? Hmmm, NOT;
7. New oil fields to explore and exploit. The richest kind. Surely, grateful Iraqis will hand contract to American oil company. Er, no, not quite. The Russians got it;
8. Iraq wants to renew Iraq Air's fleet. Surely, Boeing is a front-runner. Hmmm, not so sure, as Airbus seems to have the nod. We'll see;
9. In Saddam's day, not an AlQaeda or Taliban to be seen in Iraq. You see, Saddam did not tolerate competition. He knew how to keep them out. He killed them. Now, Iraq is rife with AlQaeda and the Taliban who have decided to outdo evil Saddam when it comes to killing opponents. Thank you GWB. Remaining Christians and Jews persecuted and driven out;
10. Oh, Iranians are daily seen in Bagdad now. We somehow don't think that in Sadam's day, too many Iranians walked the streets of Bagdad;
11. Syria. Yes, Syria, that great friend of the US, will soon receive fresh arms from Tehran thanks to Iraq govt giving overflight permission to Iran so Hassad can receive his arms and gas via direct flights.
Yes, Rogue, talk about success, talk about GWB's Mission accomplished boast.
We can talk about the successful Afghan mission tomorrow if you like.