BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story
Jacques Ottawa

Mississauga, Canada

#147406 Mar 17, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, it is obvious you never understood what you read in our Constitution. Bill Clinton never won a majority of the popular vote in either election.
In 1994 Bill won only 43% of the popular vote and in 1998 he won 49.2%. But he did win the majority of the electoral college!
I fully understand what I read. What you don't understand is that there were 3 (THREE) presidential candidates. 43% was a prety good score given the 3-way race. Perot MAY have cost Bush sr the election, not sure, just as Nader was without a doubt responsible for Gore's loss, no doubt about it. Always loved and admired Nader until then, egostistical bugger.
Voluntarist

United States

#147407 Mar 17, 2013
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you know what you are talking about. We have to pay higher taxes in Canada. Canada is the 2nd largest country in land area in the world, yet with a population of only 34 million. It's also a country with winters, east to west. south to north. Do you know how much winters cost for each ratepayer? Notwithstanding said winters, I'll give you but one example, and hope this will sink in. In the Eisenhower era, intersate highways were begun, paid for by over 200 million americans. At the same time , the trans-Canada highway was begun, longer distances by the way, paid for my, at that time, 22 million people. YOU figure out how much per American for the interstate highways and how much per Canadian for the Trans-Canada highway.
Same applies to ALL govt services, hospitals, education, sewer and water and police and fire services, vast areas, few people and fewer to contribute. So yes we pay more tax on gas that you do even though you pay less for gas that actually comes from Canada. A Honda Civic costs less in the US than here even though it is built in Canada. We cannot produce in great bulk unless we export 2/3 of what we produce. We have universal health care, which of course comes at a price, and university education whose tuition is fully 1/10th to 1/3 of what yours and made up by...taxes.
So yes, gas costs more, as does other stuff. I do see the results, though, and yes, they are not perfect and there are inefficiencies and graft and fraud, but all in all I think it's pretty much okay. I don't like our present conservative administration but I don't damn it or write that its leader get bjs from his boys. I even hope he succeeds because if he does, then I might too. I do regret that we slipped from 1st best country in the world 10 yrs ago to 13th now, but hey, there are still 182 behind us.
Do you think it is ok to put a gun to someone's head to offer them a service?
Jacques Ottawa

Mississauga, Canada

#147408 Mar 17, 2013
If the shoe fits...just my humble opinion. I disagree with :

1. Editing of posts by either adding or substracting words;

2. Hijacking of monikers. Not only childish, it fosters confusion;

3. Multiple monikers. Not that it's not okay, but what is the purpose? Hiding what is already anonymous?
Jacques Ottawa

Mississauga, Canada

#147409 Mar 17, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think it is ok to put a gun to someone's head to offer them a service?
Would you care to "volunteer" better and more relevant questions?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#147410 Mar 17, 2013
Yep, John McCain took a lot of heat from the TEA Party. I know you Libtards think the TEA Party has been castrated, but that is not the case.

March 17, 2013 at 9:52 am
McCain Apologizes For Calling Rand Paul And Ted Cruz ‘Wacko Birds’
John McCain Interview with Fox News’ Neil Cavuto: Apologizes to Paul, Cruz for “Wacko Birds”

Read more: http://conservativevideos.com/2013/03/mccain-...

Location hidden

#147411 Mar 17, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, it is obvious you never understood what you read in our Constitution. Bill Clinton never won a majority of the popular vote in either election.
In 1994 Bill won only 43% of the popular vote and in 1998 he won 49.2%. But he did win the majority of the electoral college!
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
I fully understand what I read. What you don't understand is that there were 3 (THREE) presidential candidates. 43% was a prety good score given the 3-way race. Perot MAY have cost Bush sr the election, not sure, just as Nader was without a doubt responsible for Gore's loss, no doubt about it. Always loved and admired Nader until then, egostistical bugger.
You still don't seem to get the Electoral College.
You may remember that in 2000 Owl Gore got 48.4% of the popular vote and G.W. Bush got only 47.9% of the popular vote BUT G.W. won the majority of the Electoral College votes!!!
I respect Ralph Nader in that he is not a Limousine Liberal like the vast majority of Democrats are. But I still would not want him for president anymore than I would want a Ron or Rand Paul

Location hidden

#147412 Mar 17, 2013
Robert Laity wrote:
<quoted text>I respect the Law. it is YOU that does not,You Hypocrite!
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor moron. Play law doesn't count. You should be charged with treason
Yep, the Libtards can't seem to understand why 6,700 odd Occutards were arrested between 2011-12 but only a half dozen TEA Partiers were arrested between 2009-12!!!
Jacques Ottawa

Mississauga, Canada

#147413 Mar 17, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You still don't seem to get the Electoral College.
You may remember that in 2000 Owl Gore got 48.4% of the popular vote and G.W. Bush got only 47.9% of the popular vote BUT G.W. won the majority of the Electoral College votes!!!
I respect Ralph Nader in that he is not a Limousine Liberal like the vast majority of Democrats are. But I still would not want him for president anymore than I would want a Ron or Rand Paul
This is funny. You write "You still don't seem to get the Electoral College." Sorry, I do. You don't. YOU are the one who wrote that Clinton only got 43% of the popular vote, not me, conveniently omitting that the popular vote was shared among 3 candidates. You thought I didn't know about Perot. I refuted it. Now, you bring in the electoral college. Was Clinton not also vetted and approved by the electoral college, as per GWB who was NOT elected by a majority of the popular vote? Clinton may not have gotten 50.1% of the popular vote, but he beat his 2 opponents. Strangely, Gore had more popular votes than GWB yet the electoral college gave the nod to GWB. Did you ever think of launching an investigation?
Fuzzy Math

Sulaymaniyah, Iraq

#147414 Mar 17, 2013
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you know what you are talking about. We have to pay higher taxes in Canada. Canada is the 2nd largest country in land area in the world, yet with a population of only 34 million. It's also a country with winters, east to west. south to north. Do you know how much winters cost for each ratepayer? Notwithstanding said winters, I'll give you but one example, and hope this will sink in. In the Eisenhower era, intersate highways were begun, paid for by over 200 million americans. At the same time , the trans-Canada highway was begun, longer distances by the way, paid for my, at that time, 22 million people. YOU figure out how much per American for the interstate highways and how much per Canadian for the Trans-Canada highway.
Same applies to ALL govt services, hospitals, education, sewer and water and police and fire services, vast areas, few people and fewer to contribute. So yes we pay more tax on gas that you do even though you pay less for gas that actually comes from Canada. A Honda Civic costs less in the US than here even though it is built in Canada. We cannot produce in great bulk unless we export 2/3 of what we produce. We have universal health care, which of course comes at a price, and university education whose tuition is fully 1/10th to 1/3 of what yours and made up by...taxes.
So yes, gas costs more, as does other stuff. I do see the results, though, and yes, they are not perfect and there are inefficiencies and graft and fraud, but all in all I think it's pretty much okay. I don't like our present conservative administration but I don't damn it or write that its leader get bjs from his boys. I even hope he succeeds because if he does, then I might too. I do regret that we slipped from 1st best country in the world 10 yrs ago to 13th now, but hey, there are still 182 behind us.
Trans-Canada highway 4,990 mi.
America's Interstate 47,182 miles.
Jacques Ottawa

Mississauga, Canada

#147415 Mar 17, 2013
Fuzzy Math wrote:
<quoted text>
Trans-Canada highway 4,990 mi.
America's Interstate 47,182 miles.
I called it trans-Canada highway because it is the one highway that is so called that goes from St.John's to Victoria, without leaving it except to traverse by ferry, although, like America's interstate in the US, so many highways, roads which you could use to cross all of Canada without hardly touching the trans-Canada if you want to to it leisurely. The trans-Canada highway is not the only federally-funded highway in Canada any more than predecessor route 66 in the US was. My sample was one road each for comparison purposes.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#147416 Mar 17, 2013
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Delirious in your sleep,are you? Best you borrow LRS's 2 beautiful nurse girl friends, LMAO (LRS tm reg'd) and convince them and their , ha ha, doctor brother, to "shoot" you a strong sedative.
THAT "wasn't/isn't"

THIS

American Lady ...

FYI:)

Mine SHOWS Danville KY ... ONLY!
Has so far anyway ...
That has been approximately 2 years!
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#147417 Mar 17, 2013
LRS wrote:
I wouldn't know manners if they slapped me in the face. My momma didn't teach us nothin and my daddy done left when I was 5.
How childish and immature to post under someone else's name. Troll! LMAO!
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#147419 Mar 17, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup ol LRS hasn't been able to cogently articulate a single law, just spastic name calling.
How brilliant of you troll. LMAO sad sad sad
Jacques Ottawa

Mississauga, Canada

#147434 Mar 17, 2013
Yepppp wrote:
http://leftybegone.files.wordpress.com/2011/0...
Update 3: The Nordyke twins are famous for being born at the same hospital as Obama one day after he was born. You would expect, then, that their birth certificates look exactly like Obama’s does (save for the information provided on the birth certificate). But it looks dramatically different (see image below). Also, if Obama was born before the twins, the number on his birth certificate would be lower than theirs; yet his is 641, and theirs are 637 and 638 respectively. And finally, Mrs. Nordyke (the twins’ mother) does not remember Obama’s mother, Stanley Ann Dunham, in the maternity ward of the hospital, and yet they did meet later and become friends. I would think you would remember if you had seen your friend before actually meeting her.“Ohh, yeahh, wow, that was you? That’s so funny that we saw each other back then and now we officially meet and are friends!” Yet she doesn’t remember seeing her at all. It could be just a horrible memory, granted, so this is not a selling point for me.
http://leftybegone.wordpress.com/2011/04/27/t...
Here's a typical headline/byline from this serious unbiased cultural website called "leftybegone" :

"A Nosy, Sanctimonious, Liberal Prick Tried to Get Me Fired for My Political Opinions "

Yes, this is what the Kelsyville village idiot drags around Topix, the kind of trash that that not only unearths irrelevant and manufactured "un-proofs" of Obama's place of birth, but manufactures them. The laughing stock of the world, not just the US.
LRS

United States

#147435 Mar 17, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
How childish and immature to post under someone else's name. Troll! LMAO!
The most childish and immature posts are "lmao!!" and your constant insults.
Jacques Ottawa

Mississauga, Canada

#147440 Mar 17, 2013
Yes sir re wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep I suspect they are completely biased because they think Obummer is a FAKE! Your point is what?
You can't read? I said it was unbiased and cultural. You must think the opposite, then. Or else you're Larry. Oops, sorry, LRS is Larry, you'd be Curly. LMAO (LRS tm reg'd).

PS : Apologies to Curly.
Jacques Ottawa

Mississauga, Canada

#147441 Mar 17, 2013
Watching "The Quiet Man" starring John Wayne. I don't much care about Wayne's politics but he was such a fine pleasant excellent actor. And funny when it called for it. With Maureen O'Hara, what a pair. Pure joy to watch.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#147442 Mar 17, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
The most childish and immature posts are "lmao!!" and your constant insults.
Is the wittle trollboy havin' fun? LMAO!!!!!
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#147445 Mar 17, 2013
Jacques Ottawa

Mississauga, Canada

#147446 Mar 17, 2013
LRS wrote:
So, Netanyahu backed the wrong man, Romney.

Why would Obama's expectations be any higber than any president's since Jimmy Carter? What did Reagan, Bush sr, Clinton, GWB do to advance some sort of settlement in the mid east? Only Carter did that. No war between Egypt, Jordan and Israel since 1973 Yom Kipur. Thank you , Mr Carter, for the Camp David accords.

Netanyahu has no business lecturing Obama on anything. You would not accept that kind of bullying from any other country, so why from Israel? Do protect Israel, its existence, its borders, of course, but also ensure a Palestinian homeland. It's what Obama and a lot of people, including more and more Israelis, believe. Is that unfair?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 min Zap Brannigan 98,238
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 12 min JOEL 69,402
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min Patriangelily 1,110,245
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr God Still Loves You 49,881
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr James 68,514
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Twisted Nixon 46,740
Amy 9-20 3 hr Kuuipo 6
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info