BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Read more

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#145871 Mar 6, 2013
“I like Marco Rubio,” Ailes told a staff meeting of Fox News Latino when talk about the Florida senator being Mitt Romney’s vice-presidential pick was at fever pitch.“But I don’t know about as a vice-presidential candidate. He’s a nice guy, and that role requires kicking the crap out of your opponents.” He paused, thinking about vice presidents he had known.“I have a soft spot for Joe Biden,” he said.“I like him. But he’s dumb as an ashtray.”
Fox News chief Roger Ailes

Location hidden

#145872 Mar 6, 2013
Just wanted to let you know - today I received my Sequester Survival Pack from the White House.
It contained a parachute, an 'Obama Hope & Change' bumper sticker, a 'Bush's Fault' poster, a 'Blame Boehner' poster, a "Tax the Rich' poster, an application for unemployment, an application for food stamps, a prayer rug, a letter of assignation of debt to my grandchildren and a machine to blow smoke up my ass.

All directions were in Spanish.

Keep an eye out. Yours should arrive soon.

Location hidden

#145873 Mar 6, 2013
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
What did the communist threat have to do with "One nation under God?". If being "under God" defeated the evil empire, then why'd you bother gettting all those armaments and nuclear weapons? Hmmm, didn't have sufficient faith in the Lord to protect you? I'm sure He'll punish you for that.
Compared to eternity, who long is life on Earth? A grain of sand on an endless beech!
I am sure God is more worried about our eternal sole, than how long we will live hear on Earth.

Location hidden

#145874 Mar 6, 2013
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Calling O'reilly a part time liberal is like calling Hitler a part-tome rabbi.
Not really. You have you fiscal conservative, your religious conservatives and you social conservatives. For instance, I am a Fiscal Conservative but a moderate on religion and social issues.
Bill O'Really is PRO-Life, PRO-Child (anti-pedophile) but he is a moderate on fiscal issues and religious issues.
It is obvious you have never really watched his show.
Jacques Ottawa

Mississauga, Canada

#145875 Mar 6, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Compared to eternity, who long is life on Earth? A grain of sand on an endless beech!
I am sure God is more worried about our eternal sole, than how long we will live hear on Earth.
Irrelevant - once more.

Having said that, I do like sole, "Sole meuničre" with a hint of lemon is any gourmet's delight.
Jacques Ottawa

Mississauga, Canada

#145876 Mar 6, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really. You have you fiscal conservative, your religious conservatives and you social conservatives. For instance, I am a Fiscal Conservative but a moderate on religion and social issues.
Bill O'Really is PRO-Life, PRO-Child (anti-pedophile) but he is a moderate on fiscal issues and religious issues.
It is obvious you have never really watched his show.
You had to stress that he is anti-pedophile? What? Why even say it? Would one not take that for granted? Geeeeeez.

Location hidden

#145877 Mar 6, 2013
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Why must you be so wrong ALL the time? It is NOT the U.S.'s anti-business laws that are driving jobs overseas. ALL so-called 1st world countries have lost and are losing business to Asia and Mexico. Are they ALL anti-business? No. But, they are victims to Asia's (mostly China's) and Mexico's $1.00 to $5.00 hourly wage, if that much. No tax incentives and holidays can match that. Stop harping on Unions and taxes, you are barking up the wrong tree, as usual.
As to Trump's Bermuda registration of his personal jet, well, Rogue, don't you think he has enough money? The Bermuda registration is pure greed and lousy citizenship, is all.
ALL countries, the so-called rich ones, have ALL their ships registered in Liberia, Bermuda, Bahamas, etc. Carnival, the largest fleet in the world, does not have a single ship registered in the U.S. Did you know that not ONE medium to high-tonnage ship, passenger or cargo that is American-owned, not ONE, is registered in the US? Even the Great Lakes steamers. Go after those for a change.
Yes, European countries are anti-business. Excessive regulation, taxes, work rules. Now I am all for enforcing child labor, prison labor, etc. by requiring importers to prove they are not in violation of our laws. Yes, we have caught several of our importers turning a blind eye to these issues.
Next is the high cost of energy. Europe is a good example with very high fuel taxes. It has nothing to do with pollution as I use to live just a mile from the Rhine River and my window sills were peppered with coal ciders.
In 1989 my wife and I went to Dolly Wood and every time this steam train would go by we were peppered by ciders. My wife asked me what there were and I just told her they were the same things that were on our window sills in Germany!
By the way, aircraft jet engines are some of the dirties engines. You park your car at any major airport and you car will have a thin oily film from the jet engines.
Sure, jet engines are much cleaner and fuel efficient than they were thirty-forty years ago but they are not as clean as either diesel or gas piston engines. Oh, we do have several small diesel aircraft engines flying in small planes. The Cessna 182 has an optional SMA diesel engine that runs on jet fuel. And they get over twice the mileage on the same fuel a gas turbine engine would get.
Cessna Introduces Jet-A Skylane
http://www.flyingmag.com/aircraft/pistons/ces...
But diesel aircraft engines over 400 hp are not in the near future.
Jacques Ottawa

Mississauga, Canada

#145878 Mar 6, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Just wanted to let you know - today I received my Sequester Survival Pack from the White House.
It contained a parachute, an 'Obama Hope & Change' bumper sticker, a 'Bush's Fault' poster, a 'Blame Boehner' poster, a "Tax the Rich' poster, an application for unemployment, an application for food stamps, a prayer rug, a letter of assignation of debt to my grandchildren and a machine to blow smoke up my ass.
All directions were in Spanish.
Keep an eye out. Yours should arrive soon.
"All directions were in Spanish". Really? Shouldn't they have been in Swahili?

Location hidden

#145879 Mar 6, 2013
The German Dornier Do 18 had two 600 hp diesel engines and set many records in the late 1930's. On 27–29 March 1938 a "Do 18 W" established a seaplane record flying non-stop a straight distance of 8,391 km (5,214 mi) from Start Point, Devon to Caravelas in Brazil.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dornier_Do_26

But in WWII everone needed high horse powered light engines which meant gasoline powered piston engines and then in late WWII they started to go to jet engines. Maybe we will see more diesel aircraft engines.
9mm WillFixiT

Las Vegas, NV

#145880 Mar 6, 2013
I got an 'original' birth certificate from Hawaii for $500 that included a working SS # at a swap meet here in the valley.

O 'Effing Bama's Bcert doesnt mean a thing.
Jacques Ottawa

Mississauga, Canada

#145881 Mar 6, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, European countries are anti-business. Excessive regulation, taxes, work rules. Now I am all for enforcing child labor, prison labor, etc. by requiring importers to prove they are not in violation of our laws. Yes, we have caught several of our importers turning a blind eye to these issues.
Next is the high cost of energy. Europe is a good example with very high fuel taxes. It has nothing to do with pollution as I use to live just a mile from the Rhine River and my window sills were peppered with coal ciders.
In 1989 my wife and I went to Dolly Wood and every time this steam train would go by we were peppered by ciders. My wife asked me what there were and I just told her they were the same things that were on our window sills in Germany!
By the way, aircraft jet engines are some of the dirties engines. You park your car at any major airport and you car will have a thin oily film from the jet engines.
Sure, jet engines are much cleaner and fuel efficient than they were thirty-forty years ago but they are not as clean as either diesel or gas piston engines. Oh, we do have several small diesel aircraft engines flying in small planes. The Cessna 182 has an optional SMA diesel engine that runs on jet fuel. And they get over twice the mileage on the same fuel a gas turbine engine would get.
http://www.flyingmag.com/aircraft/pistons/ces...
But diesel aircraft engines over 400 hp are not in the near future.
Wrong again. How often in one day can one be wrong? Europeans are no more anti-business than Americans or Canadians or anyone else. They just cannot compete with $1. to $5. an hour wages, I told you. You can tell all these big companies that from now on, they will pay NO taxes, zilch, zero, and they will still move to Asia or Mexico, don't you see? And yes, you metioned child labour, but add poor working conditions, excessive hours, poor housing for all workers, to which the Apples, Microsoft, Dell, HP, Nike etc of this world plead ignorance. Suuuuuure. They just moved their whole manufacturing capacity offshore without even checking the facilities, infrastructure and working conditions and pay. And never an inspection, nooooo. Poor buggers, how surprised was Apple when the suicides started going public, and the horrendous conditions were exposed.

Don't call your govt anti-business. Call those companies profiteers and anti-US, period.

As to jet engines, or any engines and their pollution, I agree with you, but how relevant are they to our discussions on offshoring of jobs and taxes?
Learn to Read

Carpentersville, IL

#145882 Mar 6, 2013
Grand Birther wrote:
<quoted text>I see how a complete moron could think such a thing.
Don't be silly. Complete morons like Tacky or Romper don't think.
Jacques Ottawa

Mississauga, Canada

#145883 Mar 6, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
“I like Marco Rubio,” Ailes told a staff meeting of Fox News Latino when talk about the Florida senator being Mitt Romney’s vice-presidential pick was at fever pitch.“But I don’t know about as a vice-presidential candidate. He’s a nice guy, and that role requires kicking the crap out of your opponents.” He paused, thinking about vice presidents he had known.“I have a soft spot for Joe Biden,” he said.“I like him. But he’s dumb as an ashtray.”
Fox News chief Roger Ailes
Joe Biden dumb as an ashtray? LMAO (LRS tm reg'd). I've seen him often, over 20 years. The guy's bright, intelligent, witty, well-read and informed. Great personality but tough when he needs to be. He has more brain in his pinky than the whole Republican House caucus put together.

Location hidden

#145884 Mar 6, 2013
Deltahawk diesel engines show a lot of potential as being both light weight and fuel efficient that will also run on jet fuel. They are in the 160-200 hp range and Made-in-America! They are also working on a 300-400 hp engine.
http://www.deltahawkengines.com/

Deltahawk is expected to have a STC approved for the Cirrus G20 airplane. They advertise 700 miles in 3.5 hours (200 mph) on 35 gallons (20 mpg) of jet fuel.
http://www.deltahawkengines.com/Firewall15%20...
An AvGas powered Cirrus G20 has a range of about 500 miles but would still use 35 gallons of AvGas (14 mpg) and jet fuel costs about a dollar less per gallon than AvGa$$$$. Oh, jet fuel does not contain LEAD either whereas 100LL (Low Lead) does.
80/87UL AvGas does nt contain lead but 90+% of all piston aircraft engines need 100LL.

Location hidden

#145885 Mar 6, 2013
Democrat To Rape Victim: A Gun Would Not Have Helped You

If you recall, Amanda Collins was the University of Nevada student who was raped at gunpoint in close proximity to the campus police station. Even though she had a concealed carry permit, she was not allowed to carry her gun on campus because it was a gun-free zone, which as we know, made it a safe zone for criminals.

Read more: http://godfatherpolitics.com/9738/democrat-to...

Location hidden

#145886 Mar 6, 2013
Yes, the Germans and French have a jump on diesel aircraft engines. While Teilert of Germany uses 2.0 L Mecredes engines as the core of their engines SMA of France developed a diesel engine from scratch.
Both of 4-stroke engines that are heavier than the Deltahawk 2-stroke engine. But Jet fuel, like diesel fuel, has sufficient lubricity so as not to require adding oil to the fuel fix as used in gasoline powered 2-stroke engines.
By Stephen Pope / Published: Jul 23, 2012
Cessna Aircraft unveiled a Jet-A version of the venerable Skylane at Oshkosh on Monday, an airplane that will boost the 182’s max speed to 155 knots, high-speed range to 1,160 nautical miles and certified ceiling to 20,000 feet, all while burning just 11 gallons of jet fuel per hour.

The new model, called the Turbo 182 NXT, will be equipped with a 230-horsepower diesel engine from French manufacturer SMA Safran.

Read more at http://www.flyingmag.com/aircraft/pistons/ces...
The WWI era rotary engines,like used on the Fokker Triplane, used caster oil in the fuel mix so most of the pilots had chronic diarrhea! Poor Red Baron!!!
See, I know my aviation!
Jacques Ottawa

Mississauga, Canada

#145887 Mar 6, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Democrat To Rape Victim: A Gun Would Not Have Helped You
If you recall, Amanda Collins was the University of Nevada student who was raped at gunpoint in close proximity to the campus police station. Even though she had a concealed carry permit, she was not allowed to carry her gun on campus because it was a gun-free zone, which as we know, made it a safe zone for criminals.
Read more: http://godfatherpolitics.com/9738/democrat-to...
Youpose the wrong question. Question is not why was she not aloowed to carry a concealed weapon on campus, but rather what was a rapist with a gun doing on campus. If students , specially femaled students have to carry concealed weapons on campus ,this is a sad commentary on the state of our society, Rogue.

But, it is not a sad commentary, really. How many university students in the United States? 20 million? How many were raped at gunpoint last year?

Democrat was right, a gun may not only not have helped her, it may have had her killed, as upon seeing her go for it, the s.o.b.that raped her may have shot her dead right there and then, following with more shootings at anyone who may have tried to help her.

At our local university here, we have 20,000 + students. Imagine all of them armed...
Jacques Ottawa

Mississauga, Canada

#145888 Mar 6, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Yes, the Germans and French have a jump on diesel aircraft engines. While Teilert of Germany uses 2.0 L Mecredes engines as the core of their engines SMA of France developed a diesel engine from scratch.
Both of 4-stroke engines that are heavier than the Deltahawk 2-stroke engine. But Jet fuel, like diesel fuel, has sufficient lubricity so as not to require adding oil to the fuel fix as used in gasoline powered 2-stroke engines.
<quoted text>
The WWI era rotary engines,like used on the Fokker Triplane, used caster oil in the fuel mix so most of the pilots had chronic diarrhea! Poor Red Baron!!!
See, I know my aviation!
I'm sure you do. The Focke-Wulf and P-47 Thunderbolt had radial engines, and both were formidable aircraft.

Location hidden

#145889 Mar 6, 2013
Oh, in 1986 I was stationed at Finthen Flug Platz, Maintz Germany and one day a half dozen of my fellow aviators when across the Rhine River to the grave site of the Baron von Richthofen, The Red Baron. He took along a bottle of schnapps and some shot glasses and toasted the Baron on his 94th birth day. The German civilians thought we were verrückt im Kopf.
And about a hundred feet away from his grave was the American section of American soldiers and family members who died during the occupation of 1918-1924. The French had the area west of the Rhine River while the Americans had the east side.

Location hidden

#145890 Mar 6, 2013
This is the old Finthen Flugplatz where I was stationed 1985-1988. During WWII it was a German night fighter base and was never attacked because we did not know it was there.
My officer was in the parachute tower of the left of the hanger. The top had been closed off but they use to inspect, clean, dry and repack parachutes there. They had hosts in the ceiling for four parachutes.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Flugpl...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy 3-26 5 min Sublime1 20
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Obama is a joke 1,205,689
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 12 min TRD 69,290
Ask Amy 3-27-15 23 min Stina2 3
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 27 min CDC 51,854
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 29 min truth-facts 52,235
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr not a ghost 7,990
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]